Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 07:43 AM   #1  
Janette

Default Core Support Board #4

The last thread was getting so long, I started a new one. I haven't posted lately but have been keeping up.

Vickie I'm sorry to hear about your accident but glad you are both ok. Kathy I hope your cold is finally better. Don't want to go into Christmas feeling sick. That is one thing I always worry about--one of the kids getting sick for Christmas--and worse yet--passing it on to the rest of us!

Looks like we are going to have to start a Core Maintenance Thread--several people are getting really close to goal. I am at 151, that's 1 lb. short of my Christmas goal. I plan to exercise, exercise, exercise this week. That is the only thing I have not been able to get back on program with. The eating plan is so easy to follow but I just can't seem to get motivated to get out of that chair every morning and exercise before I go to work. Guess I need to stop filming all those shows I love to watch--then I wouldn't have anything else to do but exercise!

Guess everyone is ready for Christmas. I still have a couple of things to do and then I am going to call it finished. I put out my santas and stuff but still haven't put up a tree. I am afraid the kittens would just climb it and bring it crashing down.

Need to go finish that shopping--going to hit the web to see if I can find what I couldn't find last night in town.

Everyone keep up the good work and remember, we have to really be here for each other during the holidays---a tough time for a lot of folks--I can hear those Santa cookies calling my name!

Janette
Old 12-12-2004, 09:51 AM   #2  

Good morning Janette!

Wow, you are just one eensy-weensy pound from your Christmas goal! You can do it! I was planning on having lost a total of 25 points by Christmas, but this week has been a struggle. I had a good weigh in Thursday (-1.6 lbs! Yeah!), but the cookie baking bug hit me this weekend and I baked 2 batches of cookies. I had ate 4 cookies! For me, cookie baking and the Christmas season go together! Maybe I should try that new Splenda for baking and at least cut down on half the sugar. Has anyone tried baking with that yet?

Anyway, I'm 2.5 lbs. away from my Christmas goal, and 2 weigh-ins to go. After that, for between Christmas and New Year's Day, I just want to maintain and then, get going again.

Vickie, I'm so glad you and your hubby are okay! What a scary experience!

I haven't had much time to post lately, but I read the Core Support board everyday and I cheer for everyone!

Have a great Sunday everyone!
Old 12-12-2004, 10:28 AM   #3  

Hey Girls I am still here,

What a busy time of the year and to top it off with colds if no fun. I had a weigh in on Thursday and was up .4 disappointed but with all the outside activities that went on and not being home I could not be too hard on myself. So I wrote down my goals this week and am keeping better track. With core I know you don't have to track your food as far as writing them down but I seem to do better when I list them. Last week I did not write anything down.......bummer.......oh well

Hope everyone is healthy now. and for those in the sun I envy you. We are in the midst of no sun......I don't live in Grey-Bruce County for nothing! haha........It lightens up by 8 am and at 430 it is dark dark dark. blah

Went Christmas shopping yesterday. Thank goodness the weather was decent. We had to drive 1.5 hours to the nearest shopping mall. And boy was it busy so we put on our elbow pads and away we went. Did not too bad at all; now have to go without hubby! Next week, he is working midnights so that will work out.

Have woken up to a winter wonderland. Will be nice to take a walk in the snow. At least it is not windy!

I am making that crustless pumpkin pie today........yummy......never thought of it as a veggie....duh me!

I too have a hard time with fruit but I make a point of taking it in my lunch. And if I don't eat it.......I starve.....don't want that. I have no hints for you....what about applesauce?? Love it and it is good for you......you can also make it with some pears for a different taste.

Keep on trucking girls......
Old 12-12-2004, 01:30 PM   #4  
Closed

Hi everyone.....So good to see you here Janette. Glad all is well, and thanks for starting yet another new board for us....Seems you are still doing well :-) how is your daughter doing?
Frannie - I am the other one with the friut 'problem' Once Vickie gave the crustless pumpkin recipe, and mentioned it being a way of getting another veggie in, I knew it was for me!! I LOVE my vegetables!! (It's that darn ole fruit)
I actually went out and got all ingredients today :-) for the crustless pumpkin pie.
I LOVE applesauce, so that for me counts as a fruit. Vickie also mentioned blending a banana or other fresh fruit or frozen fruit in a blender with FF milk and splenda, sounds like a GREAT way to get fruit down. I am trying that today matter of fact. She did mention if it is frozen fruit you need not add ice cubes. That really is a great way for me to get the friut thing in, and the choices are plentiful, as long as I know I don't have to sit there and it a fruit. I envy all of you who love fruit, I wish I did.
Well today is my second day of not tracking and actually I feel good about it, and the second day of my NEW week. I am focused!!
I am not sure who once posted, 'if you eat only core foods, then really you don't need to write'. I may be paraphasing but it made sense to me. I guess that is why WW calls it the no-tracking option. It does make sense though. So I gave it shot yesterday, and I did great!! Ate ALL core, except for 6 pts but the rest of the week I am making it a point to be all core, so I feel very confident. If you eat ALL core....no worries, and use the WPA on the weekends. That is also a good way to make the right choices, well at least for me. If I don't eat it, ( a points food) I don't have to write. I am giving this one week, and we'll see how I do. Day two, no tracking......so far so good. I just had an all core lunch and dinner will be the same...all Core. Recipe from the TurnArond Cookbook. I am gong to have the 'smoothie' Vickie remcommened to do. I am not having the WW smoothie.
I have a quesiton though......if we do use the WW smoothie...we can only have that ONCE a day, however, if we do the fruit and splenda and FF milk then do ya think we can have one midday if need be and after dinner snack?? We would be getting two fruit servings. Anyone????? I would and could bring one to work and get my fruit and milk in.....anyone???
Well, I hope everyone esle is doing well.....Janette you are right we need to be here for each these next few weeks and we will. Let's be strong for one another and ourselves as well. Let's not forget ourselves :-)
You all have a great day and I know I will be back tomorrow - I NEED this board and all my friends here.........Cheers everyone!!!!! Linda
Hope to see the rest of us here later............
Old 12-12-2004, 05:09 PM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

Janette and Carol, thanks for the good wishes. This week has been hard. Lots of stress and financial worries but I'm hanging in there. Janette, I hope everyone gets well in your house soon. I think a maintenance board would be a great idea for all of you who meet your goal. I hope you'll all stop in to encourage those of us struggling along trying to join you!

Carol, down 1.6 is great! So...you ate 4 cookies. If you're like me you would have eaten 12 in the old days. Just jump back on program and don't look back. Thanks for reminding me about applesauce. Linda, I also put homemade chunky applesauce or cut up a whole banana in my oatmeal. This is another yummy way to sneak a fruit in.
Old 12-12-2004, 05:16 PM   #6  
Southside White Sox Fan

Linda, I'm so glad you like the fruit smoothie idea. There is NO restriction on fruit and milk smoothies. I've done fresh frozen peaches, berry mix, and black cherries from Trader Joe's. Yum. So....get to blending!

It's very dark here in Chicago. Real winter weather and very WINDY! We are earning our name today. I'm in for the evening and will be making some dinner and doing insurance paperwork. Tomorrow I have to go out and Christmas shop. The accident really put me behind. Plus we'll lose more time due to our court date on the 21st. I really need to start wrapping too!

Linda, I'm really worried about all those Christmas cookies and desserts.
Old 12-12-2004, 05:34 PM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

Hey all! Greetings from sunny Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas!! I hope everybody's having a great day.

I am determined to start the week off good!! I'm sitting right on my Monday morning goal and as long as I don't mess it up tonight, I should be right on target in the morning. I had to set mini-milestones to get back on track and meet my Christmas and New Year's goals.
Old 12-12-2004, 09:40 PM   #8  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kathy, milestones are great, even mini ones! Hope you have a great weigh in in the morning. Be sure to let us know so we can celebrate with you!
Old 12-13-2004, 09:24 AM   #9  

I was exactly where I wanted to be! Yahooty!!!

Happy day, all!
Old 12-13-2004, 09:31 AM   #10  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kathy, I am so happy for you! You'll be at your goal before you know it. I'm off to the treadmill now.
Old 12-13-2004, 05:55 PM   #11  
Closed

Good Evening All.....well I hate to tell you this, but, I had another bad day... Had a VERY stressful day at work... it is very safe to say I am a stress eater. Monday Tuesday and Wednesday's for me at work are very stressful, but of late I can't seem to keep my act together. So I blew another day. I don't know what's with me, so close and yet I keep screwing up. Maybe because I am so close, who knows. All I know is I am not focused, at all.
Just wanted to confess :-) So tomorrow I start yet again...how many times can I do this?? What the heck is wrong with me???
I wanted to lose this !~@~!#~!# 9.6 lbs by January 5th, doesn't look like that will be happening.
Well I will check in with you all later till then.....have a great evening out there.....
Till later........Linda
Old 12-13-2004, 05:57 PM   #12  
Closed

PS....it's almost as if I am sooooo tired of dieting, even though this is a lifestyle change and not a diet but I have been doing this for a very very long time. The 123 is MY goal, and I can't seem to get there.
Talk with you all later..........Linda :-)
Old 12-13-2004, 07:55 PM   #13  
Southside White Sox Fan

Linda, for me it's a meal to meal decision. You know they say confession is good for the soul. You will achieve your goal although it seems it may take you a tiny bit longer than you hoped. I've always heard that the last 10 pounds are murder. Try to look at this as practice for maintenance! Saying that made me wonder.....are you sure 123 is realistic for you? Maybe your body is telling you that you are wrong....you know 132 instead of 123? Something to explore.

I'm plugging away, but boy oh boy do I want to stress eat! I haven't yet, but I can tell I'm eating too much food. Sigh.
Old 12-13-2004, 09:14 PM   #14  

Since we're confessing, I had a chocolate chip cookie tonight! There!! I said it!!! LOL! The neighbor boy was selling dough and delivered it tonight, so after dinner I made one pan of them. I managed to stop at one though.

The last 10 pounds are worse than murder, if that's possible. I have absolutely had to drag myself kicking and screaming thru them. I'm tempted to just stop and try and maintain for a while, then start again. I'm working 55 hours a week at the first job (software engineer), have taken a leave from the second job (weekend waitress at our corner sports bar), so I totally understand about stress eating!

Last edited by Bindy; 12-13-2004 at 09:27 PM.
Old 12-13-2004, 09:48 PM   #15  

Hello all I have posted way back, but if any of you would not mind answering a question of mine, can you eat oatmeal twice in a day? Thanks for your reply. J
Closed Thread