Old 12-13-2004, 01:02 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Just so you'll know....

I've decided to start maintaining with WW now. (no, Katy, not plastic surgery maintenance, lol) At first, when it was brought up by my sister, the thought of maintenance over the holidays was too scary to think about. Maybe that was because I didn't have a plan? (you know how anal I am!!) But the more I thought about it, the more I know this is do-able. It's a matter of adding enough points to stay the same weight, without gaining. I still think it will be tricky, but I'm going to add a few points a day, and see how that goes.

Although I am not at the weight I thought I would be before beginning maintenance, I am at a personally acceptable one for my age and height. I'm going to concentrate on keeping my weight within a 3 pound (each way) range, and on toning up what I can. Weighing in will be an everyday thing now, to keep on top of any changes going on, although I know I'll have to allow for little fluctuations.

Imho, one of the most important things is to have a plan, just I like I've had for every single day since I began my weight loss journey. I'll still be writing down my points each day, and still concentrating on healthy choices. But since I have a plan, I'm no longer afraid to start this. If I can handle it during the holidays, the rest of the year should be much easier, right?

I just wanted to let you guys know what's going on... and I truly appreciate you and all the support, from the bottom of my heart. Just bear with me while I find my niche in maintenance, ok?
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 02:49 PM   #2  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Jane~I know you will do fine and we will be here for ya, that you can depend on. You have done a fabulous job losing the weight and I know you will do a fabulous job maintaining.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 02:56 PM   #3  

Height: 5'1"

I agree. You'll do just as marvelously as you did with the weight loss as you will with maintaining.
And of coarse, we will all be here for you!!!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 09:18 PM   #4  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

if you fail to plan your planning to fail,,,you won't fail.
You will do great as you have done with the loss.
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 06:25 AM   #5  
GmaTo8

I love you guys!
Old 12-15-2004, 08:01 AM   #6  
RosieKate

What they said You know we are here for you...you have excellent judgement and if this is the right time - then it is! We are all so proud of your success!
Old 12-15-2004, 08:07 AM   #7  
GmaTo8

Thank you so very much, Katie!