Old 12-10-2004, 06:22 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #91

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

THIRD QUARTER CHALLENGE SEPT 1-JAN 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO ARE MEMBERS AS OF THE START OF THE QUARTER ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PRIZE, NEWBIES, ARE ELIGIBLE THE NEXT QUARTER THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE!
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 06:23 AM   #2  

FRIDAY: today is Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Let's see some losses this week, ladies!

I will check in a bit later

Faye
Old 12-10-2004, 01:22 PM   #3  

Hi ladies,
Quick check in.....damn the holidays are messing with me this year! I just keep eating, all the time. Not hungry, just eating. Lots.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR...........lunch time is the worst, cuz I make all these really yummy and healthy concoctions and then end up eating enough for 3 people! At dinner, there are other distractions and other people eating, not just me.

Oh well, hope everyone is doing well. It sure is kinda lonely in here, though. I guess everyone's busy.

THanks Faye for the little peptalk back on #90. THings will pick up again, I'm sure.

TTFN,
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 08:10 AM   #4  

SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. What do you have to share with us?

POINTS FOR THUR AND FRIDAY:

Faye

My sunny thought:
This old lady got hit on (not hit physically, like flirt kind of thing) the other day. I stopped at a convenience store after having gone to our bank across town and went in to get a couple Powerball tickets. There was a guy about 33 not much older than that, who had a middle eastern accent (more Arabic less Indian like), shaved head, big muscles etc. Kind of looked like a bouncer actually, Anyway. he wasn't bad looking but not someone if I was young and single I would think about hooking up with. Anyway, told him I wanted 5 tickets and he told me to go to the other window, which I did. I stood and stood while he waited on other customers when they were all gone he came to the window with this big smile and ask if I wanted powerplay. Had no clue so he told me if I did it would be $10 and I smiled and said, no that the regular would be ok. He chuckled and I SAID, I thought quite clearly, I didn't know what I was doing that my husband usually bought them. He gave them to me, took my money then strangely asked if I lived in Memphis. I said yes, that I lived in Fox Meadows and he wrinkled his brow and I said Hickory Hill area and he smiled and said, oh yes, then kind of leered a little and asked if I was married. Well, I kind of was shocked at that as I have a big ole wedding ring on, but smiled and said, yes, that I have been married 32 years. He reeled like I had hit him and said, oh, that's a big... I kind of cut off the rest of whatever he was going to say, said yes, thanks and walked out. I wish you could have seen his face when he realized I was an old coot who had been married a longgggggg time! It was priceless, but still ended my day nicely!

Sorry was not here yesterday. Got invited to go shopping with dd and dgs and never turn down a chance to be with the little one. As usual, the two ornery folks had a rip roaring good time and got in trouble a little for it! (I taught T what an echo was so he kept saying, "echo, echo echo echo" in the car over and over again driving him mom nuts!

Have a wonderful weekend and Carri, I am HERE FOR YOU!!!!!

Faye
Old 12-12-2004, 07:05 AM   #5  

no silly poll this week!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I will check in later to see if anyone has posted. If not, see you tomorrow

Faye
Old 12-12-2004, 09:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Really short.

Faye, I enjoyed your suuny thought. I wish that I had one to share but all I have to share is this sickness. One of these days I am going to be better. Just wanted to check in and say hi......gotta go and wrap a gift or two for our store party tonight. Have to wrap a lump of coal! LOL!
gigglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 03:51 PM   #7  

Hi Ladies,
I know it's Sunday, but I gotta major sunny thought....
Well, really it's more of a proud mom moment. We just got back from our local football league's award banquet (which is a fancy name for pizza and trophies). You remember back in the fall when I had to cart both girls around for two sets of practices and two games every Sunday.....

WELL, BOTH girls walked away with their teams sportsmanship award!!! It's a huge muckin' trophy given for being courteous and doing what they're told and helping others and showing up for practice....you know, for basically being decent human beings. Well, they haven't cheered before, so they had no idea this award was even given out. And you should have seen their little faces beaming with pride when the coaches said such nice things about "this girl" and then their names were called! It was awesome..... And the coaches made me feel good by drawing attention to the fact that both winners came from the same family! COOL!

Hope this doesn't sound like gloating, but it sure makes all the hard work of parenting worth while when something like this happens. I'm just so proud I could bust!

Okay, so I also had 2 slices of pizza in celebration....oh well.

See you all in the morning. Gonna go get our tree trimmed.

TTFN,
Julie
Old 12-13-2004, 08:20 AM   #8  

MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and let's make our mission this week, exercise. Let's try and get in 4-5 days this week of some type of exercise, girls!

Julie: Give the girls big hugs from all of us for their accomplishments. That is so cool, but mom gets to dust the trophies, ugh!

SandyG: Sorry you haven't been able to kick whatever it is you have. Hope you get to feeling better real soon.

I woke up last night sick and don't feel that great this morning, but hopefully it will go away as the morning wears on. I have lots to do this week and cannot get sick.

Everyone have a great week this week

Faye
Old 12-13-2004, 03:51 PM   #9  

GADS! Will I be glad when this whole eating season is over!!!!

I seem to have lost all semblance of control and just keep eating. I'm doing my best to get in some exercise everyday. I did yoga over the weekend and felt much better about things in general. I'm trying to get in my water, but that seems to be an every other day thing. And I'm forcing myself to eat more veggies than anything else on my plate. But the SUGAR! Omygawd...........it's in my face, everywhere I turn. And I have to bake cookies this week!

I hope we get back to being a big active group after the new year's fitness/diet thing kicks in. I miss everybody.

Hi Faye! Hi Sandy, Sandy, Carrie and Cat.....

Gotta go get ready for dance class.
TTFN,
Julie
Old 12-13-2004, 08:44 PM   #10  

I think once January gets here, everyone will be faced with the new year's resolution to get back on track and we all will. The problem is not letting us fall too far behind.

I got 2 pts for food today. Didn't feel like eating much as I have had an icky tummy all day and a headache. Still feel not so great, but I am not complaining because there are sure a lot of people worse off than my upset tummy and headache. Gonna watch Las Vegas and then go to bed and get up in the morning and trying and kick butt and clean house. I have to get it and the patio done by Thur morning as I have a lot to do. One nice thing, I have lost probably 5-6 lbs in the last week or so and hope I can keep it up as best as I can. I told you I was probably near 340 or over and I am at 328 so I am glad it is coming back down again.

Everyone have a wonderful evening.

Sandy, hope you are feeling some better, Carri, I am thinking about you and dh and missing your doggy, Julie, hang in there with the sugar, Amanda, miss you sweety and hope you are at least peeking in from time to time and the rest of you, hope you are having a nice holiday season!!!!!

Love to you all
Faye
Old 12-13-2004, 09:43 PM   #11  

still sick I want Santa to make it all better.....darn it
Old 12-14-2004, 08:10 AM   #12  

TUESDAY: Today is target Tuesday and we are going to target this week, our health. We need to examine our health and see where we are failing to take care of ourselves, regular paps and mamograms?, overeating, eating the wrong stuff, eye and dental, everything. Let's commit that next year will be our healthiest year ever!

I will be back in later ladies. Want to get my house cleaned this morning

Faye
Old 12-14-2004, 08:26 AM   #13  

Just popping in to say.....

I"M GOING SKIING>>>>>>>>>>right now.

BBL,
Julie
Old 12-14-2004, 11:18 AM   #14  
It is what it is...

Hello all, I too know about eating getting out of control, wether it is right or wrong I am not going to worry too much until January...things just keep coming up with all of the Christmas parties and such...like Faye said, the thing is too not just get crazy out of control...so dont worry about it Julie, I am in your same boat....

Faye - Dh and I could not stand it, we were too sad and lonely without our doggie, we ended up going back and getting him yesterday, we will just have to make some changes, we may doggie gate him in one of our spare bedrooms, he seemed happy to be home and I know we were!!! Now we can be happy again, ha ha

Talk to you all later, have a great day!!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 12:09 PM   #15  

Hey everyone. Right now I can breath and the sinus pain is gone for now. I just hope that this will keep up. I agree I think that right now the improtant thing is not to go overboard with the eating. Going to go and put up cloths. Later everyone'