South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2004, 06:22 AM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Default Weekend Chat!

Good morning, girls!
How is everyone?
How's the weather? Here we have snow. And snow expected all week. It's not terribly cold, though. Just below zero. Just enough to make you extremely irritable.
I'm in my pantry, and although I plasticed (is that a word?) the window yesterday, I feel like I'm in a freakin' wind tunnel. There's cold air coming in here from SOMEWHERE...

Our kitchen sink is in! (thank you, DH) 14 days until Christmas. If we can just get the drywall finished and sanded... and the rest of the cabinets in...
As far as I'm concerned, the painting can wait until after Christmas.
The gifts are wrapped. I'm losing weight. All is right with the world. Except that I ran out of meds five days ago, and if I don't get them today, I'm going to have a breakdown VERY soon.

Bamie, how was your date with DH last night? I was thinking about you, because both of our kids were at sleep-overs, and we were SUPPOSED to have a date of sorts. But the kitchen sink got in the way, and DH didn't finish installing it until 10:30. At which time, I was in no mood to do the jigsaw puzzle we'd planned on for our date.
Old 12-11-2004, 06:55 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

It's a Winter Wonderland out there! The Girls just love it and are rooting around in it for bones and balls. I guess it's exciting because the smells change.

Geez, Ellis, that date sounds pretty decadent! Is the sink now functioning? I can't imagine dealing with a torn up kitchen.

Aside from going for the mail, I stayed put yesterday because I refuse to deal with freezing rain! My dear neighbour brought in armloads of wood for us so we were pretty darn cozy. We'd planned to go to the restaurant for dinner but stayed home and had divinely decadent garlic shrimp with real butter and some white wine.

Hersh has retired from her Therapy Dog job so we will not need to visit the Nursing Home this morning. Lucy is not tested for the position yet so we will be taking a little rest. Hersh is not in good shape at the moment - still bleeding and having hip problems - so it's just as well. I hope she's better by Christmas. She's pretty stoic and plays with Lucy a lot but I wonder. If they could only talk for 30 seconds a day!

Today will be wrapping, wrapping, wrapping and a trip to the Library if the driving is OK. We have rooms full of books but Harry always wants fresh ones.

OMG! Two weeks from today ....... I'm outta here NOW!
Old 12-11-2004, 08:29 AM   #3  
i luv my dog!

Good Morning ladies,

Its frosty frigid here today. There has been heavy frost on the ground every morning but it hasn't been melting and today looks to be no different. Brrrr.

Ruth, I hope Hershey is better soon. Ellis and Peggy, good luck with the renos. Remodeling is a pain in the as it is, but with the holidays right around the corner. Whew.

I spent the morning preparing some OP food for the next few meals. I thought I'd make a "quick" stir-fry but I ended up making an ordeal out of it. Lots of prep work, many veg, and a huge wok and all I got out of it was a couple of plastic containers worth. Lots of shrinkage - LOL. Thats OK, now my fridge is stocked with ready-to-go stuff: salmon salad, hummus and red pepper slices, boiled eggs, chicken stir fry, and spinach salad, plus the usual cottage cheese, ham, cheese, yogurt, celery sticks and nuts.

{in my best Joan Rivers voice} Can we talk? Bra shopping. Discuss. Weight loss and age and bra shopping do not a fun day make. I wanted to get some new bras yesterday and had no idea what size to get, so I chose a few in my younger/thinner days size and some other sizes as well and I felt like none of them fit right. I might as well just strap on some Christmas stockings I ended up getting the old size but things sure don't look like they used to.

I'm going to a Christmas party tonight and we're having a 'Chinese gift exchange.' If you're not familiar with it, everyone brings a gift and puts it on the table and picks a number. The numbers are drawn and the first person picks a gift and opens it, then the next. The successive people get to choose either a wrapped gift or they can take one of the already opened gifts. It can be fun for everyone, but usually the last people have the last laugh. After its all over, usually people end up trading anyway.

Time to clean up the kitchen, wrap the gift and start getting ready to roll. Have a great weekend all.
Old 12-11-2004, 08:34 AM   #4  
Darrell's Girl

Good morning! I'm just back from taking my son to the high school for a road trip. Our football team is in the playoffs for the state championships. GO SPIDERS! My son is a tuba player in the band and they go wherever the football team goes. I really wish I could go to the game today, but it is about 2 hours away and I have way too much to do today. Adam will fill me in and I'll be able to catch it on the news later, I'm sure.

If you are interested, this is a link to a picture of my son in action. It was taken during the Raleigh Capital Cup Competition: http://www.bandorders.com/view_user_...2&FROM=browser

It's rainy and nasty and chilly outside today, but I'm feeling really good. I'm tired as all get out, but feeling good. My best friend is coming up from Georgia for the weekend and I have to get my house cleaned before my hubby comes home from his trip to Maryland. He went to see one of his best buds for a week, but this week will be 3 weeks he's been gone. Every week his buddy convinces him to stay longer, but I think this is it now. DH is missing us way too much. LOL And I have to admit, I miss him so much my heart hurts. That is okay, though. They rarely get to see each other so I want him to enjoy it as much as he can.

My son, John (Marine), is coming home next week for Christmas! WOOHOO!

I'm off! Hope you are all having a fabulous weekend!

Hugs!

Last edited by MarineTubaMom; 12-11-2004 at 08:37 AM.
Old 12-11-2004, 10:22 AM   #5  
A Lily from my yard!

Well aren't y'all abunch of busy chickies this morning! Me... Nothing exciting on my agenda! Big Surprise there!haha

Ellis... It is supposed to be tonight. Last night we both had to deliver the kids to their destinations which were 2 different directions. Our evening was him on the computer playin with power point for a slide show he putting together for work while I watched a movie. Oh I know the floating hearts of romance are fogging my view! But I can assure you if he is not interested in goin out to eat tonight...it will be a long time before he sees any hearts floatin off of me! haha Glad you got your sink in but sorry you missed your time together. I hope you get it all done soon! I dread the day we start doin ours!

Ruth... OH SNOW! I would not want to live where we got it like you do but I don't mind an inch or 2 once a month! When we lived in Tn we did get a lil snow but here we have only had snow one time since we moved here and this will be our third winter. It's amazing how 80 miles south can make such a difference. I hope Hershey is better soon. Have fun wrap wrap wrapping!

Abroad... aren't you the busy bee today! Sounds yummy! Oh bra shopping I hate it! I keep saying i am goin to make an appt. at JC Penneys with one of their fitters so I can take the guess work out but have not yet. Maybe when I reach goal! I have found bras are like clothes depends on the maker as to how they fit! The gift exchange sounds fun! I wish my family would do that for christmas. So you just buy a gift that could be for anybody and then if they don't like it they try to exchange with someone else? I may have to call my sister.. although she will think I have lost it once again! teehee Have a good time tonight!

Marinetubamom... Oh the tuba is soooo big! I bet ds has major arm strength! I'm sooo glad your son is getting to come home! Semper-Fi! haha Tell him thanks for all he does my family and I appreciate his willingness to serve! Our football team made it to the second round of playoffs this year! Go Bucks! Oh my goodness they had such great support from all the businesses and such around here you could not go 20 ft without see a Bucks sign. It's rainy and chilly here today as well. DH will be home before ya know it. Have fun with your friend! I love visitors! I have a good friend coming for the day next weekend and can't wait! I hope you get a lil rest before DH gets home! teehee

To the rest of y'all chicks yet to peck in Good Morning and I hope you have a wonderful day!
Old 12-11-2004, 01:40 PM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

All of your Date nights or alleged date nights sound like mine last night DH stayed home from drill (he's a volunteer fireman) and he made dinner Pasta ofcourse I ate the broccoli and gave him my pasta needless to say not much romance we're both pooped on fridays
Ellis I know the no meds feelign too well I'm waiting till i get insurance to find a new doc
Ruth a big hug and a good scratch for Hershey from me. . .I wish my Murph could talk too!
A Broad will you come to my house and do that?
MArineTuba thats great that your son is so involved in somethign positive! and the picture is wonderful. You tell Marien son that we all send our love and prayers to him
Hi BAmi
Today we went to the dreaded DMV I was so agitated by the environment Rudeness and negativity that I didn't pass my written exam and then DH almost punched the DMV guy who was being an outright sphincter to me.
Then Brunch at the diner spinach and feta omelette with garlic mmmmmmmmmmm
Mom is coming over to dye my hair dark Chocolate (insert hairtoss here)
Tonight we have a party to go to I'm hoping to hug the veggie platter
gotta run!
Kierie
Old 12-11-2004, 02:13 PM   #7  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Ellis: Glad your sink is in. Hope your meds come soon, we need you right here not gone Maybe you two can have a date tonight? Isn't it exciting knowing how great the kitchen is gonna look when it gets all done?

Ruth, I would be all for staying in and staying warm. I don't like freezing weather either. We rarely get snow here but can go into the moutains if we want to play in the white powder. Don't know what is wrong with your girl but hope she gets all better real soon. I had to take my Brucie Boy (Boxer) to the vet yesterday as his knee was swollen. Turns out he had a spider bite thank God and not an injury so a little medicine and he will be running around in fine form soon.

Bamie: Have fun on the date. I am looking forward to day alone with my dh (well almost alone, we will take three dogs with us.) Going next Sunday to see Shore Acres, a botanical garden, on the Oregon Coast that puts up thousands of lights for Christmas. We love going there and just walking around and they serve apple cidar in the gardner's house with Christmas cookies. It is beautiful. I cannot even imagine how many man hours it takes to decorate them.

MarineTubaMom: So happy that John will be home for Christmas, that must feel like the only present you would need. Please tell him thank you from our family for the work he does for our country we really appreciate our soldiers and the job they do. Tuba huh? What kind of car do you drive to get that thing around town? Sorry you have to miss the game but you are right you can catch the highlights on tv tonight, might even see that handsome tuba player. Hope you get a lot done today on your own.

Broad: I hate bra shopping. Nothing fits right anymore. Wonder why? Enjoy your Christmas party tonight, those gift exchanges are always fun. I leave the oriental style cooking to our friend who has a restaurant, he always cooks how I need it cooked and I don't have to do all that chopping. Plus I tend to overcook stir-fry. Once I get some people out of my house I will be doing some cooking that can be ready for us to grab after a long day at work.

KO: Don't smother that vegi platter. Sorry about your DMV experience. Some people just cannot handle having even the tiniest bit of authority over somone. Breakfast sounded good though, hope you are feeling a bit more relaxed. How soon can you take your test over? Have a good rest of the day and forget about the butthead who obviously wants everyone elses day to be as bad as his day.

As for me, I am off to get a shower and head for work. Got to chew out one of my employees today cuz she isn't cleaning her station properly at night. She is newer so I will chew nicely this time. I expect to be very busy today as shopper's are out en mass this weekend. Might go shopping all day with my friend on Thursday, we will be going out of town and she is like mega shopper so keeps me motivated to get everything done that day. Should be fun. Okay, no more procrastinating. Talk to you later and everyone have a great day today.
Old 12-11-2004, 07:30 PM   #8  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Hi everyone!

No snow here - yet! We have winter storm warnings and they are expecting coastal damage along Lake Michigan and an enormous amount of snow to come tomorrow evening. Oh Boy!

I had my Christmas party last night. I wore a size 16 - woo hoo! Everyone told me I looked great. And you know what - I felt like I looked great. At my highest point I wore a size 24. I stayed OP but ate too much fat. It was a seafood buffet and I had a salad and crab legs. I tried not to have too much butter with the crab legs but I know I got too much fat. I had a couple glasses of wine.

We went and saw the Polar Express on IMAX in 3D! Wow is all I can say. It was absolutely amazing. The writer grew up here in Grand Rapids, MI and they based alot of the neighborhoods, department stores etc on Grand Rapids, MI. It was fun to see. I haven't seen an IMAX 3D before and it was amazing. If you have an IMAX near you - I would encourage you to go. We had to buy tickets 3 weeks ago!!!! It sells out every show. Hey why don't they have decent food at movie theaters? I had to bring my requisite bag of pistachios! While everyone else got popcorn.

I'm kind of jealous of all of your husband dates this weekend. Sometimes I feel that I'll never have a close relationship with the opposite sex again. Oh well.

I hope everyone is doing great this weekend!
Old 12-11-2004, 08:40 PM   #9  

Hi Everyone,
Some snow would be a welcome relief here.. after a week of rain and cold weather for this time of year, it is about 33-35 degrees celcius here and boy are we sweating. Unfortunately my daughter has had a head cold for the last few days and it appears that we have had some germ transfer

So I am now feeling pretty cruddy... I haven't managed to do anything for Christmas or get any exercise done in the last week!!!! I have been lying in bed with the fan on - so hopefully I will be better by tomorrow. I dont usually get sick for long...

So thats my moan.. sorry.. oh.. but on a postive note I lost 1.5 kgs last week which is 3.3 pounds.. woo hoo

I hope you are all having a great weekend.
Marianna
Old 12-12-2004, 11:11 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Feeling cruddy myself, Marianna. I'm back from Church and should be wrapping but think I'll have a wee nap instead.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Old 12-12-2004, 11:34 AM   #11  
A Lily from my yard!

Good Morning you lil beach babes! Well Anchor don't be jealous over my date huney cause I can assure you it wasn't all that! I would have just soon went out to eat with my mother! While we are waiting on our food he says I hope this don't take long casue there is something comin on at 8 I want to watch! OMG! Paleaze man! So we hurried on home he watched tv in the bedroom and I watched tv in the livingroom where I feel asleep. So don't let there be any illusions of floating hearts around here! Atleast he did take me out to eat but... we had a hard time finding the place so I suggested we go to Logan's and he says oh no way I don't want to spend that kind of money! OMG I bit my tongue well other than sayin should I pay for my own! So you see dear please know you are so much better off. A romantic he is not!

We went to the mall yesterday which is always a mistake with him. We do not shop well togehter at all. But we did manage to get his niece and nephews gifts out of the way! Still no tree! I tried to buy a 3ft but he said no. I am about done with it all. At this point I don't really care if we have a tree or not! I know that is aweful but... I am about tired of foolin with him and his tight wod purse strings!
The place we went to eat well let's just say I was so OFF P it was not even funny but I knew I would be before I went. I am so swelled up today. Not to mention the major heartburn I had from the onions on my burger. They were so hot I had to take them off. Today I will be back on track and drink lots of water to flush out the toxins! hahaha Well I am goin to get busy. DH is doin Christmas cards I told him if he wanted them sent out he would have to do it! lol!
Old 12-12-2004, 01:13 PM   #12  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Bami - You are so funny I forget what it is really like to be married. I get all dreamy and think of these wonderful romantic things that never really happen - at least to most of the population.

Artemis - Sorry you got the sniffles - but congrats on losing weight.

Marine Tuba mom - great picture - you must be proud.

A Broad - Christmas stockings it can't be that bad After almost 30 pounds of weight loss I'm down a cup size from DD to D but still a 38 around. So maybe my bra's were too small in the first place My mom wears a 36 C and she has a bra problem you know how many women buy shoes - she buys bras lots and lots of them. I swear she wears them once and they go into a pile never to be worn again. So I keep trying the 36 C's but I'm not quite there yet.

Kierie - Those people at the DMV - I'm not sure if it is a job requirment to be rude or if it just is the nature of the job. Your brunch sounded yummy!

I was supposed to be at the Green Bay vs Detroit game today so I'm a little sad. Except there is a winter storm watch in effect and we are expecting lots of snow. DS is hoping for a snow day from school. The game is at 4 pm today so I can watch and see if they are getting pounded by snow. I really wanted to wear a cheese hat and drink beer (or something more OP) in the snow with those crazy people but maybe next year! My dad says I should organize a bus trip for next years game. I worked out this morning for the first time in a week! Trying to burn off the crab leg fat and wine fat and all the other fat I've had too much of lately. I hope I at least stay at 207 on Wednesday's weigh in or show some weight loss. I caught my mom at Sams Club buying a birthday cake for me (that's right for ME - the girl who doesn't eat sugar) I said what are you doing? She said looking at birthday cakes. I said for who? She said you! I said don't buy a birthday cake for someone who doesn't eat sugar or flour or any of that stuff. So we proceeded to argue in Sams about birthday cakes. I think I've got her down to cupcakes for DS's sake. We'll have to see.

Hope everyone is OP!
Old 12-12-2004, 01:52 PM   #13  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Just headed out the door to work for the whole day today. Will get back tonight with everybody that posted since yesterday. Hope everyone has a really great day.

Thanks Anchor for the message on the other thread. Everyone on that "In a funk" thread was right on. I am feeling stronger and better by the day just holding myself accountable to check in everyday here.
Old 12-12-2004, 03:08 PM   #14  
Living on the Beach!

I don't really know anybody yet, but I'm just gonna jump in anyway. hope no one objects.
We got bombarded with snow here in Detroit. There was a winter snow advisory in effect. I had to drive early this morning and the roads were nasty. I haven't had much experience with snow in the past few years, having been living in Arizona, so it was a little scary.
Went out with all the women in my family last night for the annual "Girl's Night Out". It's actually an anniversary party for my grandparents, but my Grampa passed away a while back, so every year we take my Gramma out to dinner. I don't know what my mom was thinking when she made the reservations at an Italian restaurant. I was proud of my self though. I resisted the bread and the tiramisu with no problems. I had a chicken dish with extra veggies instead of pasta, and a couple glasses of Merlot. All my Aunts were amazed at my willpower. It felt really good. My mom is on SBD too, although she gave in and had some dessert. I kinda laughed at her and winked as I passed the plate down the table.
I haven't weighed myself in a few days, but I was down eight lbs as of four days ago. My pants are getting looser every day, and the annoying fat roll that hangs over them is also shrinking! I feel incredible and have no cravings!
Hope everybody has a wonderful holiday and is able to stay strong, including myself!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Old 12-12-2004, 03:58 PM   #15  
A Lily from my yard!

Hey skarlet welcome to the chat we don't mind you jumpin in at all! Glad you joined us! Way to go lastnight at dinner! If only I had done the same! haha Oh well I had a nice grilled chicken salad for lunch today. I'm still swelled up though! Yuck!

Bunna.. Glad to see ur hanging in there with us! We'll all make it together through these wretched holiday treats! haha

Anchor Oh anytime you need a reality check on what men are really like just holler at me! Yea it is especially hard right now with all the romantic Christmas movies on... oh I love to watch them but they can be down right depressing! lol Sorry you couldn't make the game. Maybe next year! Oh cupcakes... I would love to have one right now especially from Sam's they are sooo good! But I won't I'm being a good girl today! So far anyway! haha
Closed Thread