Old 12-11-2004, 07:21 AM   #1  
I'm a homeschool mama

Post Desperate Housewives #313 ~SATURDAY~

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 18 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.
Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol
Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.
Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.
Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 07:30 AM   #2  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Morning To All

Okay, I went to bed and got in "almost" two hours and then Andrew woke up. I got him back to his bed and slept "almost" six hours. I'd say not too bad.
Now I'm up enjoying some coffee to "wake" up a bit. We have to be leaving about 845 so we have to get started here in about an hour with breakfast, getting dressed and etc. I'm excited to see the girls in the parade, neat experience for them. I'm also excited to have the day with just Andrew for a while. The kids drove me crazy yesterday, I mean almost literally. I don't know what they're problem was, but they picked and fought and picked and fought constantly. They were good when we went to the dealership, they were deathly warned, but at home and otherwise, they were relentless.
I'm anxious to keep my eye on this BLC this go around so I can learn for the next one. I wish all of you luck that have started it or are going to start it. Think about the incentive, think about the long run.

Well, I guess I'll get off of here and finish up my coffee. I'll check in sometime later, probably after the parade. Hoping my dealer calls me and has found my truck so I can go get it. I'll let you know.
To all you desperate housewives...have a great day.
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 09:54 AM   #3  
a.k.a. Roxy

Good morning everyone!
I just wanted to peek in this morning and see how all of you were going to spend your LAST DAY before the BLC challenge! I really want to see how all of you do so that for the next challenge I will be ready to go! Have a wonderful day! I am going to the bank, food shopping, and then I'll meet up with DH and go to a big town and go holiday shoppping. So I won't be around most of the day, but I'll be thinkin' about you all and send you some good vibes and Christmas spirit!

Michelle- Thanks for getting me on. Your last post w/ Jeniqua, you have all the pulmonary risk factors! Yipes girl! I do know how you feel there! I have had pneumonia four times, severely, and I had to get the shot. Not that I am covered 100% hopefully it will lessen my chances of getting it. Take good care of yourself!

Crystal-this is a good day....to get a new truck! Whooo Hooo! Hope you get the one you like! You'll be able to haul...just about anything! Have fun at the parade!

Well I'm going to pop in the shower and get ready to go. I'll be back later to see how all of your days were. Hi Mel, Kristin, Jill, Deana, Penny, Jeniqua, Chris, Geri, Spryng, Sherri, Angel, and all of you others!
~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 10:24 AM   #4  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good Morning all,

I came in and read posts last night but it was getting late (almost midnight) so I figured I would wait til this morning to share. Yesterday was anything but slower , dd had preschool then I took my oldest shopping for the other 3 kids. After school I ended up with an extra kid! I admit I splurged, our Mcd's is closed for remodeling so I couldn't get a salad. Ds and I ended up going to Chinese and it was soooo good. But I know I can be pretty good there and limit myself by putting my soup bowl on the plate before anything else.

I did make it to Curves yesterday and since the same girl was working that did my measurements and WI the first time was there, I asked her to do them a day before I was scheduled. I am happy, but embarrassed at the same time, to report that in the last month I have lost 9.25 inches overall and 9 pounds. I may very well win the monthly prize in each pounds and inches so I will get to pick 2 prizes. I want a t-shirt. They are also doing the 12 days of Christmas and if you sign in on the line with the star next to it you get to pick a star off the tree. So yesterday I got to and I picked a Curves ice scraper! Not alot but I still feel like it's a reward for hard work.

Stocking count: 6 down....?!?! to go I should be able to get alot done this weekend.

Today will be taking the middle 2 shopping for the others then supper and dh has to work. Other than that it should be a restful, crocheting day....but I know how that goes....if I think it will, someone will throw a wrench in my plans and chaos will erupt !!! It never fails.

Hope everyone has a great OP day and that Crystal gets her truck and Roxy gets her shopping done. to all you others!!!

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 10:32 AM   #5  
Jeniqua

Good morning ladies!! I am getting ready for a busy day. We are finally getting ready to decorate for Christmas!! I know..it should've been done way before now. I am also going Christmas shopping! I am soo behind. I am not looking forward to dealing with the crowds. Anyone want to go for me?? Today I'm celebrating my starting the BLC!! I've been drinking alot of water.

Michelle~ I will take my measurements today! Exactly what measurements do you want us to take?? Is it on the site? Sherry is still planning on posting. I'm glad you don't have much pain. How long have you had it?? My daughters have feveral seizures and they are very scary. They go into what they call an absent seizure. Their eyes are open but they can't respond to you. It's very very scary. It's been over a year since they've had one, thank God! Have a lovely Saturday!!

Crystal~ Good morning!! I'm glad that you had a pretty good nights rest.
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 10:40 AM   #6  
Jeniqua

I missed a couple..

Crystal~ Have fun getting a new truck today!! Let us know what you get.

Roxy~ I hope you have a blast shopping today. I'm on my way out to do the same thing. Have a lovely day!

Deana~ Wow!! You really are a busy beaver. I wish I knew how to crochet. It sounds like you really enjoy it too. I still have to take my kids shopping too. After I'm done with our Christmas shopping I'll take them. I hope to be done before next weekend. Enjoy your day!!

Okay, well I better go for now but I'll be back later...
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 01:03 PM   #7  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Morning..sort of.
I've been busy cleaning. Even have the kids involved. So the challenge starts tomorrow. I'll have my dh take my pic and I'll get my measurements all ready to go.

Michelle-I knew you were hypothryroid but I didn't know you had sarcoidosis too. My mom has the lung damage too. She had x-rays done not too long ago and her lungs look stable. Did they do a lung biopsy on you too? My mom and my brother both had them done. Now they have identical scars on their necks where they made the incision. When my mom was diagnosed with it, it wasn't very common and the doctor's didn't know too much about it. Now I hear about tons of people with it.

Crystal-You're getting a truck? I wish I had the money to get one. I know you're is a necessity. Mine would have to be for play. My first car was a truck. I love them...but they just don't work with a family. Well let us know what you find.

Jeniqua-Hey girl! I decorated on Wednesday night with my kids...and my 2 year old has redecorated and redecorated... Gotta love it. Good luck with the crowds. I'm not looking forward to finishing mine up but I guess it has to be done.

Roxy-What's your plans for the day? I have to finish cleaning this home of ours. And have to wash up some clothes I'm going to sell on ebay. As if I didn't have enough laundry to do. Good luck to you too, with all the Christmas shopping. I'd go for you but...just don't have the bravery to face the hordes of unhappy shoppers out there.

Deana-crochet...crochet...crochet... You're probably going to be so sick of crocheting and looking at stockings. I really wish I knew how. Everyone says it is actually a relaxing thing to do. My mom loves to do it and knitting also. She makes some gorgeous baby afghans. I've keep all the ones she made for my kids. I'm giving them to each of them when they get older (lots older). She even made little booties, sweaters, and hats for all. Nicole is the only one that got different. She got a quilt. That's a long story. My grandma was going to make one for Tiana when she was a baby and never got around to finishing it, so right before she died which was right before I had Nicole, she gave it to my mom to "finish" so that Nicole could have it. So I guess you could say that is the last gift I have from her. Makes it special to know that it was started by her and finished by my mom.

Okay, back to cleaning. We almost have 2 rooms done. That leaves 8 rooms to go. Yikes!

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 02:23 PM   #8  

Height: 5 foot

Hello All! I've done 45 minutes exercise so far, and my calories are at 798. Where.. I got a long day ahead. I need to clean the whole house! I guess I better get started. How are all the rest of you Desperate Housewives??

Chris- Good luck with your cleaning.. I need some of your energy!

Jeniqua- I'd go Christmas shopping for ya.. if the money is included!! LOL LOL

Deana- That awesome!!!! Why do you feel embarrassed?? You're doing great! YAY!

Roxy- Have fun shopping and with your busy day today!

Hello everyone else!! have a great day!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 02:37 PM   #9  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey ladies, we are all on the same page about cleaning! LOL I have the whole house to do as well since the 2 rooms I got done yesterday are now destroyed from Bayley. I also have not done any decorating for Christmas or shopping for that matter. Been too stressed from school so I'll get it done this weekend (well not the shopping, I dont shop on the weekends!) Anyway I celebrated the start of the BLC last night by gorging on BAD foods, I know I know, I could have been good but I figured I needed that gross feeling it gives you in order to remember why I shouldn't eat bad in the first place, it worked. I feel like crap today but have been drinking a lot of water in order to flush my system and get ready for tomorrow. I also have gained 7 pounds in 2 weeks! Can you believe that?! It's so totally annoying but I know I will get it off in no time cuz I think a lot of it is TOM, lack of water amongst some bad eating and that is all changing. Ok well I'll be back to get personal. I need to get a good start on this house while the baby is napping. I'll be back when she gets up! TTYL
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 03:05 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Roxy its funny cuz I've been really careful this winter because I lysol everything and get in the shower when I get home, just so I have less of getting sick.

Chris, I thought you knew I had sarcoid! lol Yes I had my lungs and lymph nodes biopsied when I was 11 weeks pregnant with Teagan. My doctor said (I don't remember this) that when I was coming out of anesthesia I asked him if it was cancer and he said no it didn't look like it, and then I asked him if my baby was okay and he said yes the baby did fine, and I just started bawling, he said it was the most touching surgery he's ever done. On my lung scans pretty much the lower third of my lungs is solid white which shows the damage, usually they will have a darker black in the middle or hazy white for less damage.

Jeniqua, i'll be taking my measurements tomorrow, and posting my pics tomorrow as well, since I just woke up and now have to get ready for work I don't have time to do much else lol but no worries since we start tomorrow. I am limiting everyone to taking measurements of waist, thighs, and hips That way we don't go overboard measuring our necks, ankles, shoulder lmao jk Seizures are very scary My husband has had many many seizures, but has been seizure free for about 10 years now thank god! He has stopped breathing several times most for only 15 minutes at a time but once he hadn't breathed for 45 minutes, I just asked him to tell me the story again lol and I thought he hadn't had a heart beat for 2 hours before lol whoops I guess I wasn't listening lol.

Deana, your fingers must be sore from all that knitting/crocheting!! Busy Busy lady you!!

Jill I had soooo much fun talking last night!! It looks like you are almost the winner of that mineral makeup yayyyy!! I got my mineral veil tonight and I'm gonna try it in a few minutes when I get ready for work! How is B doing?

Kristin where the heck are ya girly?

Okay I need to get going and get ready for work!
Love to you all!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 03:20 PM   #11  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Hey Michelle, yes I am soooooooo excited about that makeup! I IMed you and asked you to do yourself up real pretty and E-mail me a pic so I can see how good it works! LOL I can't wait for it to come in, Merry Christmas to me a little early I guess! LOL I guess I should tell dh that he doesn't have to get me as much. Uh Oh Bayley crying WAY too early for her nap to be over, she's only been down for 45 minutes Gotta Run
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 04:47 PM   #12  
Focus on the Process

Michelle-You're lungs sound the same as my mom's. She's got alot of lung damage too. My brother on the other hand, doesn't. He didn't even have to take prednisone. My mom had to be on it for a year or so. I'm not sure what is worse to have...sarcoidosis or rhuematoid arthritis. RA can attack any of the body's organs too. Have fun at work!

BTW to all of you morbidly curious people...I posted my pics for the BLC challenge. I thought I looked skinnier until I saw the pics. You never know until you see it laying out in front of you. Now, I'm close to depressed. I've noticed to that out of Penny, Melissa, Jaymi and me...I'm the only one with an apple shape body. You all look pear shape. Maybe I'm wrong but...

Jaymi and Jillybean-Are you getting that cleaning done. It's a perfect day for it around here. Only if I can keep Nicole from undoing it all as I go...AARRGGHHH!

We are almost done with the cleaning marathon. We only have the family room to do. So me and Tiana are going to take a break and play a game of Weakest Link on the computer. I'm going to kick her butt.... (she's looking over my shoulder, so I had to say that).

I'll check back later.
~chris
Old 12-11-2004, 06:36 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Chris, thanks for the xmas card!! I love it!!

Penny I was looking at your pic and you have a tiny waist girly!!

Okay this is just a short post cuz I'm at work, I'll post later when I don't have to worry about the boss walking in, not that she cares but I like to look busy!

TTYL!!!
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 07:57 PM   #14  
Focus on the Process

Michelle-I got your Christmas card today too. Thank you!

I'm gone. I have to look up some stuff on ebay before the family gets back.

~Chris
Old 12-11-2004, 08:58 PM   #15  

Height: 5 foot

Hello everyone! Chris... I have an apple shape when I'm bigger... and when I lose weight it turns into a pear... WEIRD! I guess I'm just fruity! LOL I got discouraged a little looking at my pictures and taking my measurements. A couple of months ago I was 140 and happy.... But that weight just came right back in one month. I'm so upset and mad at myself! But not to make anyone else's night messed up.. I still need to exercise again. My calories are at 1266.

Mel- What is Nutribase?

I hope all you chicks are having a great Saturday! Talk with you all tomorrow!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote