Old 12-09-2004, 06:19 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Wink Chit Chat #95

Ho Ho Ho!! (Photobucket time expired on this clip art and it was automatically deleted by them)

Welcome to the Jaded Ladies. We are a warm group that provides support, not just in weight loss, but in our daily joys and struggles. Feel free to join us!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 07:10 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Good evening, ladies!

Julie - thank you so much for the card and the photo! Your babies are just precious! Hope you do take a day off - you need it!

Katy - glad you enjoyed your vespers ceremony. Our church has advent Wednesdays services, too, but I haven't gone yet. Maybe next week! I'll be sure and give Neal a big ol' wet one from the Jaded Ladies, lol. YAY for your classes being done!!!!!

Cristi - oh, I know what you mean about snotty kids in church! Like Marti, I'm glad the parents are taking them, but pul-eaze!! I had one behind me, kicking the seat every few seconds, and the parents didn't do a thing about it, until I turned around and gave the kid, then the mom a dirty look. Would you want to go ahead and start a new Holiday talk thread since some of us can't load the present one? I just know we aren't even close to being done with holiday chitter chatter, lol.

Ellen - now don't worry about the photos, ok? We love them, and are very, very glad you shared them! It's like getting another peek at who you are, you know? I think 1 or 2 wouldn't have dragged the system - but what do I know?? Another little hint for you is, if you want to post a note, and no-one has posted since your last one, you can hit the "edit" button on your last post, and add stuff to that one.... just a thought. I do it all the time, lol. Takes us longer to get to 50 that way, lol. Yes ma'am, I DO have saggy boohbahs!! But at least mine don't fart. Other body parts do, though!! Cristi mentioned a loss - I am so very sorry I missed that!!!!! How much did you lose? Whatever it was, congratulations!! I know first hand how diffucult that is during the holidays!

Susan - well, I'm glad the class made an impression on you! I can't even think of a JL out there w/no seat belt. Do that again, and you're grounded, young lady!! I love to watch little kids do the eensie weensie spider song.... they are so cute with their fingers all tripping over each other, lol. So, is my newsletter in the mail?

Marti - don't like to think of a JL w/bad tires, either! Glad you're getting new ones. Don'tcha just hate to spend money on stuff like that??? That's as bad as.... furance filters.... no fun at all!! Hope you do get some good shots of our Jhanai to share... get on your tippy-toes, ok?

Hi to anyone else reading this.

I got the cake baked and frosted, and made a lite version of Cherry Delight. I scraped out the leftovers in the pan of the chocolate glaze I made and ate that, and licked both lids from the cherry pie filling cans. Darn near cut my tongue off, lol. I have been told to be careful of BLTs - bites, licks and tastes... now I know why, lol.

On the up side - I have been doing 40 minutes at a time on the treadmill, so I'm happy about that. I never do count my activity points.

Be good, see you later!
Old 12-09-2004, 09:10 PM   #3  
GmaTo8

katy - I saw you leaving chat just as I was getting in, lol - you couldn't have seen me, tho. I'll head back over and hope some JLs can join me.....
Old 12-09-2004, 09:28 PM   #4  
kitty Momo

Wow- 40 minutes is really good - Jane. How long have you been using the treadmill???

Beautiful pictures of your home Ellen , very impressed. Gaby would love to explore........lol.

I am still inserting the newsletter Jane,I will get it out tomorrow . PRONTO!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to NEAL!!!!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 12-09-2004 at 09:30 PM.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 12:03 AM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Ellen~yeppers, not in such a great mood-TOM, nuff said. Hey, where did all your clip art go? I was enjoying it, and your pics.

Julie~wow, you are definitely a better person than I am because with friends like that who needs 'em?! Sounds like they are using you and everyone else. Kind of sad they need everyone's help for their own wedding. and they have been living together for how long and have how many kids? I think that right there tells ya something.

Jane~i went on over to start a new thread but all the pics were gone.

Marti~hope Jhanais program was wonderful for ya. Can't wait to see pics of that.

Susan~sounds like you and lil miss Gaby have so much fun together.

Katy~I forgot about the link but did check it out-so cute. Yeppers that blue one was the one on Ellen yesterday.

Okay, can't remember what else was said on the other thread so please forgive me ladies if I left someone out. And it's late and I feel horrible, and I am tired and, and, and... See ya tomorrow sometime ladies-have a good night.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 12:30 AM   #6  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Hello ladies....just dropping in to say hi!

Brandon is being a stinker and doesn't want to go to bed, so it is off to get him to sleep.

I hope you ladies are all doing great!

Julie~ I sent you a PM.
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 08:44 AM   #7  
GmaTo8

Good morning, ladies,

Marti - I'll be thinking of you and James today.

Susan - Neal just saw the bd stuff for him, and thought it was cute! I got the treadmill on Father's Day, June 20th. I remember the day well because I hit a puppy on the way home, and cried my eyes out. Not sure if I mentioned it at the time, because it was too hard to talk about. Still gives me a lump in my throat. Before you go getting too proud of my 40 minutes, though, let me tell you I don't go very fast. Even if I wanted to run on it, (which I do not!) my foot doctor said NO because of my past plantars faciitis. For sure don't want that to come back. Owwww! Anyway, I started out at 25 minutes, moved up to 30 and stayed there for a long time, then 35, now 40. Not going to win any medals, tho, lol.

Cristi - I felt like crap last night, too, and went to bed early. Hope you're feeling better today.

Mindee - does Brandon let you rock him to sleep? I love to rock the DGDs and sing to them. Awww.. makes me want to go get one of them right now!! My own kids were rocked, too. Terry every night until he was past 4! But I loved it....

Katy - sorry I pooped out in chat, but I was so tired, and could hardly type. I am freshest in the am, lol. Wednesday mornings are so much better! Did you get your decorations brought down from the attic?

Ellen - you sure didn't have to delete all your photos! We enjoyed it.... Now I feel bad for even mentioning anything. I'm sorry. The others mentioned the link info just so you'd know in the future. About the clip art - I think they all expired just like the one in the opening post, right? Photobucket only gives so many "hits" on each one, unless you have an account. I do, but copied the opening one off you, lol.

Well, Katie and I ate breakfast with Mr. Birthday Boy. The kids will be here for dessert tonight. We recently stopped having the whole meal together on someone's bd, because it was too hard for Terry and Gina to make it with their schedules. But we sure do have fun when everyone shows up for dessert. We "pull ears" of the bd person - mine have been pulled every year of my life. A designated puller stands behind, and gives one very gentle pull of your ear lobes for each year of your age, then a couple more for blessings, followed by a kiss on your cheek from the puller. They count by 5's for Neal and me.

I've got to send out a couple of Christmas cards to some distant family and church members who sent to us, but weren't on my list. I hate when that happens!

I'll be back in a little while,
Old 12-10-2004, 10:11 AM   #8  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Default Happy Friday

((((HUGS)))) Marti & James, will be thinking of you all today.

Not much to say this morning but wanted to drop in and say Hi. Have some errands to run a little bit later and that is about it for my day.

Take care everyone and have a great day and weekend!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 11:54 AM   #9  
Closed

Good Morning Everyone
Just popping in to say hi ((((HUGS TO JAMES & MARTI)))) I am also thinking of you today.Jane and Cristi I hope your feeling better today, the weather is certainly glum here,dark cold and rainy. I should get somethings done today ,not much to say ,so everyone have a nice day ,
Tea Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 02:05 PM   #10  

Height: 5'1"

Hi everyone...

You are all so sweet. Thank you for thinking of us. I don't have much time today since the funeral is in two hours and I still need to go from looking like Medusa to Marti......that's a big challenge for me!

Anyway, tomorrow will be a better time for me to post. Just wanted to pop in and say hello and thank you!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 06:30 PM   #11  
kitty Momo

Thoughts with you and James- Marti.

ummm, Happy Pull Neal's Earlobe Day!!
Very odd custom Jane lol Cute how you count in 5's. Hope he is having a wonderful day.

Thanks Jane & Cristi for the cards!! Katie is a beauty Jane. It was nice to get something besides legal stuff in my mailbox.

Suppose to be getting a card from Rocky- he mailed it last Monday. I received cards for the girls. He said it was probably because it was a big card....lol......or went by way of New York.....

Ellen- How are you??? Where is Angie??? Where is Shanna???

Still think you are doing wonderful on the treadmill Jane. I sent that article to you beofore saying this but I had to work up from 5-- 10 minutes at a time. That was 6 years ago now......I just sit on my butt these days....lol.

Hug lil Brandon Mindee........he sounds so sweet.

I better get.......

ta ta
Old 12-10-2004, 07:01 PM   #12  

Height: 5'1"

Popping in for a min. before I have to get ready for work. The service was very nice. I learned a lot about his grandfather!

He was born in 1905 here in Oregon, his father is from Italy,,,,,and when he was little his father wanted to go back to Italy...but only made it to England, after a few years, decided it was too expensive to live there and wanted to come back to the US. He heard of a ship going out heading to America and was going to get on w/his family, but something prevented him from going at the time (expenses or something like that) and so he had to wait for a later time.

Found out this ship was the Titanic!!!! I was in aww when I heard that! I had no idea! I know I'm missing most of the story here, and I'm not telling it right, but I did tell James to get a copy of the Eulogy(sp?) from his relative that tells of his life. They will send it in the mail in a week or so. Isn't that amazing?? Imagine if his family had gotten on that ship!

Had to stop in and share...gotta get ready for work.
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 09:55 PM   #13  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

OMG Ladies, Im so far behind,,,,,lol I am only now starting the last chit chat....but once Im caught up I will be back....(best terminator voice)
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 10:37 PM   #14  
kitty Momo

Oh, gosh Angie. I don't think you will be back for days

Just ate a Ding Dong....need I say more???

ok- it was calling my name and it was in celebration of Neal's birthday.

Chow!!! Gotta Go.....
Old 12-11-2004, 08:02 AM   #15  
GmaTo8

It's Saturday!!

Cristi - hope you're feeling better today.

Ellen - sounds like you had the same weather yesterday as I did - thankfully, it's supposed to be much nicer today. YAY!! Hope that goes for you, too.

Marti - OMG, that Titanic story is so awesome! Fate intervenes, right? Old people really do have a lot of interesting things to tell. When I worked at the nursing home, I heard cool stories. Out there, though, you never knew which were real and which were imaginary, lol.

Susan - oh how sweet of you to have a Ding Dong in Neal's honor, lol. Not sure how the ear pulling got started. That's one more thing I wished I'd asked my mom before she passed away. YW for the card and photo. Hope you get the card from Rocky soon. Maybe he's tucked inside, lol.

Angie - missed you, girl!! Have you been incognito on a case, lol?

Hi to Katy, Julie, Mindee Sue, Shanna, Katiecat, Kathy and anyone else reading this....

Lost 1 1/2 pounds this week. We have a family party tonight with my sisters and their kids and grandkids. I'm taking some WW stuff, and also the bbq smokies. The recipe I use calls for a little bourbon, and it's really good!

Uh... Mary is taking Dale to the er in a few minutes - just got the call. He is having prostate trouble still, and now he can't pee. Yikes! Gotta get off here and watch the little ones.

I'll try to bbl.... have a good day, ladies!