Old 12-10-2004, 06:48 AM   #1  

Default Desperate Housewives #312 Friday SAHM

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 18 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.
Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol
Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.
Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.
Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 06:59 AM   #2  

Default Dumb Scale!!!

Good Morning All! How is everyone this morning???

Ok, well, today is the official weigh in and I am bumbed!!! Say's that dumb 204 STILL. I just don't understand it. I was extra extra good this week. I have been using my Nutribase software to keep track of every morsel that goes into this body. AND STILL NOTHING. According to Nutribase, I should be losing a pound every day to day and a half. OF course, I don't need to lose that quickly, but that's what it says based on my intake and exercise. It says to lose 2 lbs a week I should eat about 1800 calories to lose...without exercise and 2600 to maintain. I've been eating about 1500-1700 with exercise and NOTHIN'!!! grrrrrrrr ANyhow, I will keep plugging along. I think I will go to the dr. soon to see what's going on. maybe they can do some blood work to make sure nothing else is up.. Sorry, to babble here.

Crystal, I'm sure you are lurking, so GOOD Morning in Advance.! Hope you had a good night sleep and have a good day at that. I will be at my grandmothers today...Haven't seen her in a while.

Everyone else, Penny, Michelle, ROxy, Chris, Jaymie, Sprnyn, Geri, Kristin, Cindi, Jill, Deana and anyone I've missed, Have a GREAT DAY!!
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 07:52 AM   #3  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Good morning

Mel, I wasn't quite lurking when you were, but not long after. Sorry about being bummed about not losing. Our bodies do get in a plateau and this is where most people would give up. But if you don't, you'll be amazed soon enough.

I slept so so. If you add the hours together minus the interruptions, it's not bad. But those durn interruptions are what gets to me.

Michelle, if this BLC is 8 weeks and then you take a month off, I may be able to join the next one. I'll have the baby in about 8 weeks and 4 weeks is plenty I think for me to get back in the game. Yippee, that excites me. Now I'm really anxious to see how you all do on this one.

Well, we had girl scouts last night and I was glad we went even though I didn't want to. Alisa got to paint and she met a new friend that lives about 6 minutes down the road from me, she's 6 and is homeschooled. That was really neat. A new friend.
Today, we'll start seeing some wall boards going up on the exterior of the house, which will be nice to close it in. Then by Sunday and Monday, they'll deck the roof and by Tuesday no later than Wednesday it should be dried in minus the windows and doors. I've been wanting the walls up so I can go sweep the house out and me and the kids can go in there and sort of fantasize and enjoy it.
Okay, I'm staying home today. Got the inspector coming to inspect my car sometime. Tomorrow is our Christmas parade and I guess we'll go, my mil and her dh are in it. Afterwards, she's taking the girls for the day to go Christmas shopping.
I've got to get school prepared. TTYL
Hope you all have a GREAT day.
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 09:57 AM   #4  
a.k.a. Roxy

Good Morning!

I'm getting a good fire going this morning, it's chilly! We had 1" and1/2 of snow this morning. Pretty. I feel almost guilty, saying this after Mel's post( hardest workout mama I know), but I weighed in today and lost 4 lbs.! It could only be the GuzzleP method (lots of water). Anyway Mel, I have so much to lose nobody's even noticed yet. Cept me with my clothes a bit.
I am feeling better, definitely more energy. So I'll take that! I don't want to be a supermodel for Pete's sake, I want to be healthy. Don't have much planned for the day. I was hoping to do a craft project later, maybe.

Mel- don't be discouraged! You WILL lose, I'm positive. You have to be burning more calories than you are taking in with all the exercise you do. Maybe the doc can make a suggestion. You aren't eating any sugar or refined junk, huh? I'm doing Atkins, and if we stall out it's hidden sugars or carbs. but you're counting calories. There are good calories and bad. Try adding something to your diet that take more calories to burn that is nutritionally a caloric value, such as cabbage. Shredded cabbage salad with SF FF dressing.
Hard to give advice when we are doing different things. You are doing so great, everyday I look at your posts and am amazed at the grueling workout you are doing. My hero! This too shall pass!

Crystal- glad the house is taking shape. It is so exciting! Hope everything goes good at scouts. Nice that Alisa made a new friend! Hard to do that when you're homeschooling!

I better go do something...guess what, they are all still asleep! I can't believe it!!!!!! Whoooooo Hooooooo!!!!!
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 10:08 AM   #5  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

!!! GOOD MORNING LADIES !!!

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I had a long, emotionally draining day yesterday. Had a 2.5 hour conference at school, went to Curves, took dd shopping, scouts after school, fixed supper then off to leader's meeting. I didn't get home til 8:30 then bedtime and a couple phone calls! I read posts last night but didn't have the energy to post. So I will try to remember what I can from yesterday's.

Crystal: I got your gift yesterday! I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!! I have always thought of collecting them but never could bring myself to splurge on them. BTW, Crystal got me a Christmas 2004 Collectors plate from Avon. It is soooooo cute. It's a snowman and friends trimming the tree. It's perfect to put out this time of year and it will be every year to come......As far as the mug, go ahead and put your coffee in it. I use mine every day and just handwash it each day. The heat will make the paint a bit "soft" but won't make it run or anything. I would just worry about the heat taking it off in the dishwasher. I hope you are enjoying your coffees!

Penny: GREAT news about Andrew!!! Hope he continues to inprove and has no further problems. What more could a mom ask for this time of year!

Angel: Keep pluggin at it, it will fall together and you will start seeing a change.

Mel: I wish I knew what to tell you about not losing like you expect to. I would be frustrated to, but don't give up. Those pounds are bound to melt away soon.

I really can't remember much else so I will just say that I hope everyone has a great day today and stays OP.

I will helping Abby wrap the gifts she got for her brothers, then she has preschool and while she's there I'm taking Erik to shop for the younger 3, then dh goes back to work tonight. Only 7 more nights then he's off for the holidays. Gee am I gonna work up a list of things to get done.....hehehe .

Better get with it.

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 10:09 AM   #6  
I'm a homeschool mama

Roxy, WTG on that loss. That is awesome. I bet that snow is beautiful. We don't get much if any here in Texas. And if we do it's about February before we'll see it. Even at that, 90% of the time it's icy rather than snowy. Last year, though we got about 6" or so of the powdery snow that I probably have only seen less than 5 times ever.

Mel, I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier or why no one else has yet either, BUT, muscle weighs more than fat. And you are doing ALOT of weight training which your lack of loss probably is more of a gain in muscle. I mean you're probably toning alot more and your muscles are taking shape rather than just losing weight. So look at it on the bright side, you are probably going to be one toned mama. Hope that helps.

Okay, I didn't feel like schooling today, but we HAD to take a spelling test. Alisa has NOT been doing good on her spelling tests, so I gave her the option, if she passed her spelling test, we wouldn't do anymore school today. Well, she passed with a 78. Yippee for her and me, I didn't want to do more than that. I've got to get my hair dried and Andrew is getting cranky so I've got to deal with that.
TTYL
Old 12-10-2004, 10:12 AM   #7  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Roxy: You snuck in on me...... on the 4 pounds!!! Great going even if it is the GuzzleP method
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 10:13 AM   #8  
I'm a homeschool mama

Deana, I'm so glad you got your gift. I do hope you really like it. I thought it was really cute. I love personalized gifts as well as dated things. I like to look back in many years and think of the time I got something that is dated. I hope you do enjoy it. Avon has some of the cutest things. I also love to collect Christmas things. And I don't really "collect" anything, I just like having lots of things to put out this time of year. I get tired of only my livingroom being done, I'd like to have things in all my rooms.
Sorry about your day yesterday. Hope it slows down a bit for you today.
Old 12-10-2004, 10:36 AM   #9  
a.k.a. Roxy

Hey Deana!
You're quite sneeky yourself! Hope you have a more laid back day today. Great that you got out to Curves. Bet you'll be crocheting stockings today, how many do you have done? Well... they are awake now. Better go feed them!
Old 12-10-2004, 10:39 AM   #10  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning. Sorry about being MIA yesterday. I worked, fixed dinner, then went caroling with the girls' school, then settled in to watch ER.

Mel-I'm like you. I'm so close to being in ONEderland...and haven't budged from my weight in about 3 weeks. It is frustrating. But like Crystal said, muscle weighs more than fat. I'd go by how you look and feel more than the scale. I swear the scale can be our best friend or our worst enemy.

Crystal-You kind of feel like me today. I don't feel like doing much either. I'm just drained today. 8 weeks to go. I can remember that feeling. So close and yet so far.

Roxy-WTG on the 4 lbs. The GuzzleP method works!!!! Right now, I'd take any weight loss I can get just to get into ONEderland. I get in these funks, and just feel like throwing in the whole towel. WW doesn't seem to be working for me as well as it did in the beginning. I'm a "results" kind of person and I'm not seeing any.

Deana-Slow down girl before you break you back. You are soooo busy. How do you do it? I'm lucky if I can stay on top of laundry. Maybe if I had more energy, things wouldn't seem so overwhelming.

Okay...My dh went to the doctor last week and they called with his bloodwork results on Wed. night. His TSH level is more elevated so they had to increase his thyroid medication. He has 3 lumps on his thyroid and between 3 doctors they can't decide whether its cancerous or not. So they have labeled the biopsy results inconclusive...even though one says it is cancerous. I'm really worried about him because he's so tired all the time again, just like when we found out in May that he is hypothyroid. He falls asleep at the drop of a hat and has a hard time making it through the day. Okay, I'm done venting. I just wish he was his old self again. I'm sure Michelle can relate to this.

BTW-How are you Michelle? Lurking or sleeping? lol.

Penny-Congratulations on Andrews test results. I bet that is a big relief. Talk about a great Christmas gift!

To all you other sahm/desperate housewives, I'm off to do other things. I have a whole 3 loads of laundry to do and a house to clean before I take off to my sister's house. She's going to "use" me today. (that's how she put it). I have to help her make Christmas cookies. I think they are for a Girl Scout Christmas party. She's a leader and she utilizes all her resources...(her sisters!)

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 10:48 AM   #11  
a.k.a. Roxy

Morning to you Chris- so sorry to hear about DH! As if you didn't have enough health issues! Oh dear, I'll say a prayer for DH today, I hope that one doctor is wrong. God Bless.
Old 12-10-2004, 11:35 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Chris Its soo wierd that your brother and I have some of the same health problems. He has sarcoidosis too doesn't he? I'm guessing by your post that he already had an FNA done on the nodules on his thyroid? Have they done an uptake scan yet? Before i had my nodule removed they did teh uptake scan on me and it showed that my nodule was producing almost all of my hormone in massive amounts, so massive they were amazed I didn't have a heart attack. I hope he gets to feeling better soon.

Deana slow the heck down your making me dizzy!!

Crystal, yes you'd definately be able to take part in our next challenge!! It will be awesome!! Money is a good motivator lol!

Mel, don't worry girly you will start to see results soon, I'm sure! I also think that part of it is that you are building muscle and replacing fat. oh yeah, are you waiting to weigh untill you pee in the morning? I always weigh after I pee in the morning.

Roxy, what do you have planned today?

Well I got a cranky baby so I better gett off of here! TTYL!!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 11:36 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Chris I'm a ****** lol I thought you said your brother LOL! but still your family has the same health complications that I do, we must be related LOL.
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 11:42 AM   #14  
burned out bus driver

Good morning....just a quick hello to say that I am still alive, stressed out but alive.
Lots going on this week, car troubles (big time!) you name it....the good part is that it has kept me home a bit more. Sort of the wrong time of year for that, as I have so much shopping to do. Oh well.

Chris, I hope your Dh is feeling better and that something treatable and conclusive comes out of this testing. It has to be tough on you too!! BTW- the check cleared for WW magazine, I guess you should be seeing a copy in the mail next month (I hope!).

Melissa- sorry the scale was not kind to you.....I know that WW suggests when you hit a plateau to shake things up a bit.....try a different kind of excercise, eat some different foods. The body just loves to hold on to that lousy fat......don't you wish it would resist adding it as much as it hates losing it??????? Hang in there....

Roxy- congrats on the loss.
Hi to everyone else, I am sorry not to get personal with everyone~ I am such a burnout this week. Take care!
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 11:56 AM   #15  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Michelle-What is an uptake scan? My dh had 2 ultrasounds done and one biopsy so far and tons of blood work. In May, he went to the emergency room because he thought he was having a heart attack. That's when he found out his thyroid wasn't working at all. Now he is on thryoid meds, Nexium for his acid reflux, and advicor for his super high tri-glycerides. His doc said if he doesn't get that under control, he only has about 10 years maxium before he'll die of a heart attack. Not what dh wanted to hear, I'm sure but I think he needed to hear that. Who knows what they are gonna do now. Well you were right...my brother does have sarcoidosis and my mom has it too. I think she may also have RA but she won't go get that checked out. She is also diabetic.

My dh has a bad family history too. His mom has emphysema, diabetes, and congestive heart failure. We almost lost her 2 times last year. His sister, and 2 brothers are also diabetic and asthmatic. One had a heart attack at 35. One of his other brother's is battling lung cancer. His only sister is end-stage renal failure from her diabetes. She'll be doing dialysis soon. So as you can tell, his family isn't really a healthy lot either.

My family has all the auto-immune diseases and his has the lung, heart, and endocrine problems.
I am so trying to get motivated. I have my kitchen half cleaned up. Just need to mop. I need to get that darn laundry going though. If I fall behind on one day, then I'm doing it for the next few days. I'm surprised our washer hasn't blown up yet.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote