Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 06:47 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies.....(#18)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 12-08-2004, 06:50 PM   #2  

Hey All........I got the following letter today from Larry (Dee's hubby)............

Hi,

As all of you probably know, Darlene went for Back Surgery on Monday December 6th. The operation went well and they planned on sending her home the same day. We told them that she needed someone to take care of her at home (home care) and explained that I couldn’t take too much time off work and her mom was too sick to take care of her. We insisted that they keep her in the hospital because of the difficulties she had moving around when she had her previous surgery. The agreed and they are going to keep her in the hospital until they find us someone to help during the day.

I went to see Darlene last night (07-Dec-04) and she is still having a lot of pain. The physio department at the General Hospital tried to get her to walk a few times, but it was too difficult for her move around.

They are talking about sending her to Seven Oaks Hospital because they have a better rehab program there for people with neurological problems.

Now this is a shocker! The doctor came in to see Darlene last night, he started explaining how he went back to checked his notes and the x-rays from her previous surgery. What he found is that when they use a reference point to locate your first vertebrae, they count upward to find the damaged disc. Well, their reference point was 1 cm off or 1 disc off and they operated in the wrong place! That is why he didn't see the need to remove her disc the first time and why she still had back problems. He tried to describe that Darlene's discs are different in that they are closer together and more difficult to pinpoint the exact location of the problem. I feel real bad for her because she didn’t really have to go through the pain of an operation twice and even all the problems she was having since they first operated.

The doctor was very sincere and he apologized several times. I guess it took a lot for a top level surgeon to stand in front of us and admit that he made a mistake. He told us that this is a very rare occurrence that may happen once every 5 years.

I don't think that it sunk in last night for either of us, but he did assure us that he found the problem and that the disc had to be removed. He is expecting a full recovery with no nerve damage.

Anyways, I'll let you go and keep you all posted on her recovery.

Thanks for all your prayers, calls and emails. It means a lot to Darlene.

Larry
Old 12-08-2004, 07:30 PM   #3  
Losing it!

Too bad Larry and Dee couldn't have came to the States to seek treatment. The poor dear, you know she had to be hurting like crazy and she thought she was the crazy one because she wasn't getting better!

Shelley, I'm still just on the cards...I want to finish those by the weekend, then I have all of next week to get the others done. I thought to myself, how difficult will it be to paint 40 cards? I'll have them done in just a few days! YEAH, RIGHT!
I'm going to place them in a cello bag along with a few pieces of candy, not much, but the clients will know someone is thinking of them.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:01 PM   #4  

Larry sent me the letter too. I am so sorry that they are going through this. I think they should sue also.

A horrible thing happened today. Mike gave me $40.00 this morning to get some food with because my parents were coming over tonight and he thought we may want to go to Subway to pickup something. He said if we didn't, just give the girls each $20.00. We have the girl next door coming over every day to take the dog out. I only pay here $5.00 per week, but it really only takes a minute to do, and she didn't want money in the first place. Well, I left the 2 20's on the top of the stereo cabinet this morning. When my parents left, I went to get the money and it was gone. I never in a million years even thought that I couldn't leave anything out when this girl is around. The girls and I went over and told her mom, and her mom said that she knows that Nicole will deny it. This is the same girl that Patty got in trouble with about using the Internet last year. I feel horrible about it, and now I wonder if she has taken anything else in the house. Her mom has suspected Nicole of taking money from her also, but has thought that maybe she has misplaced it from time to time. BTW, Nicole just happened to give Patty $20.00 tonight as a Hanukkah gift to get her nails done. I don't think we'll be using her to do the dog anymore. I hate not being able to trust people. The sad thing is that her mom is so strict with her that she will probably be grounded forever.
Old 12-09-2004, 11:52 AM   #5  

Shelley, if she did steal the $40, then she needs to have her butt grounded "forever." Wasn't it nice of her to give $20 of it back to your daughter.

I wish that Dee's doctor would've gotten her surgery right the 1st time. What a lot of wasted time and energy an unnecessary pain.

Gayle--thanks for my Christmas card and my wedding card--1st I've gotten!

Hope you all are doing well--so far I've stuck to my way of eating every day since I've been back home. Using marriage as motivation seems to be working for me. I was losing consistantly, but I haven't lost any for the last three days--guess I've gotten rid of all the water

Cheryl
Old 12-09-2004, 08:16 PM   #6  

Hey guys, this is Dez. My dad is too busy to post anything with going back and forth from the hospital and all...daily .. I’m just talking to my mom on the phone right now and she says thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. Too bad this is Canada and we can't sue! it just ain't going to happen .. Today my mom was transferred to another hospital with a better rehab program.. it was a real rough ride getting there but hopefully things will get better tomorrow! Keep posting messages for her because I’ll be reading them to her nightly and hopefully responding for her as well. she misses you all very much and loves you greatly.. she is also very appreciative of the support that you have for her! but I guess that's all for me. hope to hear from you soon
-Dez
Old 12-09-2004, 08:41 PM   #7  
Losing it!

Thank you Dez for posting the message! It's so sweet of you to take the time to check in here and keep us updated. We are all thinking of your mom and wishing only the best. Thank you again, to your dad and yourself for thinking of us!!!! Tell mum's we love her too!!!!!
Old 12-09-2004, 11:48 PM   #8  

Cool

no problem. my mom just wanted me to check in if there was any more post. she really appreciates you guys and what you do for her.
GAIL: my mom wants to know if your keeping everyone in line for her *wink*
but i'll keep in touch as much as i can.
byes for now
-dez

Last edited by Deelite; 12-10-2004 at 12:12 AM.
Old 12-10-2004, 05:24 AM   #9  

Dez-Please tell your mom that I love her and thank YOU for helping us out by reporting in to us!
Old 12-10-2004, 07:40 AM   #10  
Carol

Dee: My prayers and with you for a speedy recovery. Thanks Dez for keeping us up to date. Your mom is a really special lady!!
Old 12-10-2004, 07:56 AM   #11  

Dee,
I'm saying prayers for you and your family. I hate that you're having to go through so much. Especially the pain. Larry & Dez..Thank you so much for the updates.Please continue to keep us posted. Like I've told you before, I would take your pain if I could so you wouldn't have to suffer. Take care and get well soon.Be strong & have faith.
I love & miss you so much!
Sherry
Old 12-10-2004, 04:31 PM   #12  

Dez, How is Dee today?

I had an acquaintance call me yesterday to see if I am interested in being interviewed for a bookkeeping job at a PI attorney's office that she had decided to leave. I am so chicken. I guess I just don't think highly enough of myself to think that I could do it. I told her that I really wasn't interested in leaving the school when you get right down to it. I hope I'm not sorry that I didn't check it out. I have such mixed feelings when it comes to working at the school. One day I love it and the next I'm screaming to myself wanting to quit working for this slave driver of a principal. I doubt it's any better anywhere else, plus you don't have the added benefit of seeing kids grow up before your eyes. From what I understand, the pay is quite well at the attorney's office, but I have to mainly think about the benefits that I have through the school since Mike is under pain management and it would be quite expensive to take on ourselves.

Gayle-Thank you for the beautiful card.
Old 12-10-2004, 07:04 PM   #13  
Losing it!

Shelley, your welcome! If you have mixed feelings about changing jobs, then that is probably a good sign to stay where your at. Although.....what would it hurt to check into it more? I KNOW if you interviewed, you would be offered a position. You are so much more valuable then you realize.
Old 12-11-2004, 08:28 PM   #14  

Hi, this is Larry. Darlene is still in the hospital, she could be in there for another couple of weeks. She has some nerve damage in her left leg that isn't permanent. She can barely walk to the bathroom because one leg doesn't seem to work properly, it's like she's dragging it on the ground.
The physiotherapy program in the hospital is first rate, the food is fabulous and the nurses are very caring. She is well taken care of.
I am going to see her now at the hospital and I'll keep you all posted on her recovery.
Thanks for all your support.
Old 12-11-2004, 09:39 PM   #15  

Larry,
Thank you for the update on Dee. Two more weeks???!!!! Oh my gosh! Please tell her that I love her & I'm praying for her.Also...Larry, you need to try to take care of yourself too. I know how tiring it can get by working and going to the hospital to be with her. I wish I lived close so I could help. Take care!

Shelley,
Maybe you should atleast go for that job interview.You'll never know until you go. I don't want you to wish several weeks or months down the road that maybe you should have tried. Good luck!

We just got home from riding around for 2 hours looking at Christmas lights. Wayne thought maybe it would help put me in the Christmas mood. It did help some.

I'm going to START my shopping next weekend. Yep...I haven't even started!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Closed Thread