Old 12-09-2004, 07:31 AM   #1  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Desperate Housewives #311 THURSDAY

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 18 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.
Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol
Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.
Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.
Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 07:41 AM   #2  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Good Morning

Morning ladies. I slept so so. Not great, not too bad. We have a girl scouts meeting tonight that I keep almost forgetting about. We're suppose to get things straight for the cookie sales coming up in January so we need to go. I'm also taking my car to clean it out because tomorrow it gets inspected. They come to my house to do it. I have to turn it in by January so they have to look it over first. Otherwise, we're staying home.

Penny, that is AWESOME news. Yes Merry Christmas to you. That's all we ever want isn't it?

Spryng, sorry you've been so busy. Hope it slows down for you somewhat.

Angel, hope you can get a handle on that eating. As I get older I don't like eating at night. Sometimes I snack but I do not like snacking on Anything heavy, just little light things. Just train yourself.

Geri, your welcome for the card. I've only gotten two this year. In fact, every year I get less and less, it's like people just don't send them out. It's not a big deal because it's not like everyone has to. Just funny how every year you see less and less of them.

Deana, thanks again for all that. I figured I didn't need to put that glass in water. I'm thinking about putting a candle in it, but would the heat make that paint come off or do you know?

Hello to all you other desperate housewives. I've got to get school prepared and Andrew won't leave me alone, he likes all the attention he can get.
TTYL
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 08:22 AM   #3  

Morning all!!!!

Hey Crystal, good luck cleaning out the car.. It's so fun with all the kids stuff in there! lol

Penny, wonderful news about Andrew...I'm so excited for you and your family!
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 08:56 AM   #4  
a.k.a. Roxy

Good Morning Ladies!

Hurrah Andrew

That is so wonderful Penny! Can't top that! I would have been crying. I hope this is all over with forever! God Bless.

Deana- Wow! You do the same thing I do for Christmas! Great minds... Anyway, I hope you take some time from crocheting to visit today. Have a good one!

Hi Crystal- They come to your house and inspect your car? Never heard of that! That's nice though, saves you some running around. How ya feeling this morning?

Well back to the grind this morn! Same ol' (stuff) another day. Been drinking lots of water. Guzzle...pee, guzzle...pee. Right Michelle? I think I'm up to 1 gal. Ohhh, it's not easy, but I am not so hungry. Still craves sweets.
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 10:38 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Penny I'm sooooo happy for you girly!!!

Roxy, I can sympathize with you about the sweets cravings lol I get them something awful!! So what I've been doing lately when I crave sweets is to make some chocolate milk with skim milk, or, I will have some sugar free/ diet hot cocoa.

Crystal I have cards going out in the mail today

Crap gotta cut this short kids are fighting be back soon!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 11:10 AM   #6  
Jeniqua

Morning ladies.. today I have a full house of children today. I haven't exercised yet but I will. I was wondering, have any of you ladies tried the hollywood diet drink? I've done it before and it really works. I was thinking of starting it today before the challenge starts. You drink nothing but the diet drink and water for 48 hours. You are not allowed to eat either. What do you ladies think? I know it's not healthy to not eat. I guess I'm just looking for some input.

Jill~ It's soo nice to see you post!! Hubby and I have made up but at that moment I was mad. I know you'll get that 3.5GPA! I know you just can't wait to relax. Let us know what your final GPA is. Have a great day!

Crystal~ That's great that they come to your house to inspect your car!! So, what kind of coffee did you treat yourself to this morning?? Are they working on your house today?? You sound like you're doing great with your weight gain during your pregnany too. With my oldest daughter I gained 31 pounds. She was a month early, weighed 6lbs 2oz. With my second daughter I only gained 9 pounds and she weighed 8lbs 10oz! She was 4 days overdue. With son I gained 11 pounds and he weighed 6lbs 8oz. He was 2 weeks early. It's funny because at the end of each pregnancy just before I had each of them I weighed 163. Each time I was pregnant people told me they could never tell I was pregnant from behind. I carried it all in my stomach. Before I started having children I weighed 125 so I am hoping to get back there again.

PENNY~ I am so glad to hear about your son!! That's the best Christmas present. The dr's thought my son was very sick at one time too. He had to be hospitalized for 3 days. They were thinking the worse, only to find out he was just a colicky baby. To hear that he was just a colicky baby was music to my ears. They thought his organs were all twisted and on the opposite side of where they should be. They took X Rays, to only find out they mixed his X Rays with someone else's!! I know I should've been mad but I was just so thankful he was okay. It's hard seeing your child suffer from pain and discomfort.

Michelle~ I asked you a question yesterday but I don't think you saw it, so I'll ask you again. Sherry wanted to know if we have to purchase the gift card before or after the challenge. How was work last night?? What kind of work do you do? How did the girls like the snow?? My daughter had a blast!

Roxy~ Good Morning!! How's the brady bunch today??

Deana~ Good morning! How's your crocheting coming along?? How many have you gotten done so far?? I wish I could do something like that. I tried crocheting a pair of gloves once and I got stuck at the thumb part..LOL!!

Spryng~ Hey!! It's so nice to see you around. I too hope your busy schedule slows down a bit. Have a lovely day.

Mel~ Way to go with your workouts!! You may not have lost weight but I can guarantee that you've lost alot of inches. That's what happens to me when I go to the gym too. Keep up the great job!!

Sherry~ HEY! Where are you?? I enjoyed our chat last night. It's always a blast chatting with you.

Okay, well I better go while the babies are sleeping. I am beat. I'll bbl.To all the other ladies I may have missed but not forgotten. Have a wonderful OP day!!
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 11:58 AM   #7  

Jeniqua, I posted a reply on yesterdays thread, here it is:
"Okay, now about the BLC challenge, we can collect the walmart cards a number of ways, if you like you can all paypal me the money to buy one big walmart card, OR you can all send an individual walmart card, but I want to make sure that the cards are all accounted for. If your worried about my integrity/honesty, I won't steal your money, I'm very honest and would never do that "

Has sherry posted lately? If she is interested in being a part of the BLC then she needs to join the MSN group site because this challenge will be tracked through that site and not 3fc, for the simple fact that we don't want people thinking that this is something that 3fc has arranged, msn groups also makes it easy to record and track our progress with different logs and such that are customizable by the groups mods.
If she is interested she needs to sign up soon, we are starting on Sunday! She needs a picture at the beginning of the challenge in clothes that are a bit snug and we will weigh every week on sunday, and take a picture, and we will measure three times throughout the challenge at the very beginning, in the middle, at the end. So you must have a digital cam or web cam to participate, this is only so we don't have anyone cheating and we can see the results.

Okay I need to go get a new phone, we are getting our voip adapter today and I want to hook it up and we don't have a cordless phone anymore since we got rid of our landline. If you guys have cable internet, you should look into VoIP there are several providers vonage, net2phone, at&t, packet 8 among others, but it will save you money. We get fully loaded package 29.99 a month and we don't pay long distance charges at all. Its pretty sweet.

Okay I need to get off here and get towork on some school stuff and head to the store.

TTYL!!
Michelle
Old 12-09-2004, 12:29 PM   #8  

Jeniqua, I haven't tried the hollywood drink. I've heard of it, but never tried. Let us know if you do how it works. I know I've lost 1 inch form my stomach, I haven't measured my other areas yet to see. House full of kids huh. Have fun!!! LOL.

Michelle, h ope you are having a good day! Cool about the phone line thing. It saves lots of moula....

Roxy, Wow, 128 oz huh, that's wonderful! I'm with ya with the drink pee drink pee thing. Keep up the good work!

Anyway, I was at the gym. NO cardio today, but got in 1 hour and 15minutes of weight training. I was exhausted after that. 200 sit ups today! Anyway, I'll be checkin' in. Hope you are all well.
Old 12-09-2004, 12:30 PM   #9  
a.k.a. Roxy

Middle o' the morn to ya!

Jeniqua-I've heard of the hollywood diet. Also, some negative things, mainly that it isn't for long term use. Since I've never tried it personally, maybe you should google it and see if is rated and worth the money. Always look be4uleap! Have a great day with all your kiddies!

Michelle- that voip adapter, please explain in more detail. I have a Sam's Phone card cause long distance in this state is horribly expensive. I also only have dial-up (refrain from snickering), everything is so slow we have been looking for an alternative. Combining things would certainly help. Is it unlimited phone and internet? See? Ol' dinosaur needs techy help!

Hi Mel-What are you up to today?

Whew! Gotta change a stinker! BBL
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 12:32 PM   #10  

OH Yeah, did you all notice I lost a wopping .2 pounds. Hey, It's better then nothing!
Old 12-09-2004, 01:45 PM   #11  

Mel way to go on getting to the gym!!! Thats so awesome and remember taht .2 lb loss is better than no loss at all!! Your hard work will pay of sweetie!

Roxy VoIP is voice over IP which is basically utilizing the cable companys lines to receive and make phone calls. So we have our cable package bundled with our cable internet and now voIP phone which will be 160 bucks a month total for all 3 services thats about 54.00 bucks a month for each, not too bad eh? Oh and keep in mind that I have the most expensive cable package with all movie channels included. But the thing is you must have cable internet to use voip services, I highly recommend it!! I'm so excited for it! If you have any more questions just ask

Okay I'm gonna have some lunch and work on my paper
Have a great day!!
Michelle
Old 12-09-2004, 03:04 PM   #12  
mama of 4little Angels

Afternoon ladies-I did good last night,everytime I wanted to eat I drank 32oz 's of water.I ended up doing that 3 times.and crystal thanks for saying the word determination because that seemed to click for me for some reason.Now i'm really motivated not to eat at night.i'll drink a hot cup of green
tea tonight for a treat.I had a great workout today.Hopefully the scales will start moving soon so I can get excited about getting to my goal weight again.
Well the kids are running ramped ttyl. Angel
Angel Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 03:04 PM   #13  
mama of 4little Angels

real quick Michelle does BLC stand for bacon,lettuce and cheese. just kidding have a great day.
Angel Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 03:19 PM   #14  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Hey everyone quick one from me since I woke up at 11:30!!!! I have a hair appt at 1:30 so I need to get some clothes washing so I have something to wear LOL Anyway I woke up late because Bayley was up and down from 8pm till 3am!! So needless to say I didn't get much sleep, good thing Bayley slept till 11:30 too! Anyway nothing like wasting the day away sleeping! I feel so lazy!

Well I wanted to comment real fast on the internet phone thing you all were talking about. What my dh and I did was get rid of our land line when we got cable internet and then just use our cell phones for everything since we get free long distance and can use them anywhere. It's really worked out good. We don't include cable tv cuz we are trying to cut corners and before we added a cell phone for him it was only costing us 80 dollars a month for ohone and internet whereas before it was like 130 so it works out well. Just a suggestion for those of you looking to get cable internet.

Ok I'll be back after my hair gets done to post more. TTYL!!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 03:56 PM   #15  

Jill we have 2 cell phones as well, but we want to drop that plan down a little verizon is a bit spendy but I don't like cell one who is the only other provider here. So for those who don't want cell phones as their only phone, they can get the voip for 29.99 a month which has no long distance charges or anything!! I just got the adapter and hubby is hooking it up I'll let you know how it works!!

I can't wait to see pics of your hair jill!!!

Okay I'm gonna go clean up a little more!!
Love to all!!
Michelle