Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 07:52 AM   #1  
tired of being fat

Talking New Creations #1

Welcome everyone to our new thread. Anyone is welcome at any time to join us. We are here for you as you would be here for us.

Well, I just realized what time it is and have to drive my son to school, but as soon as I get back I will write more. I have a few ideas to pass along to you all. Be back in a few.

TTFN, Lori
Old 12-08-2004, 08:52 AM   #2  
tired of being fat

Default me again

Ok so I am back and full of ideas. Not really, just have a couple. I am part of another thread that keeps me motivated by making weekly goals. The thread is becoming a bit slow though so I came here and found you. If you would like, on the day that you weigh in, make a non weight related goal for yourself for the week and really try to stick with it. Start slow at first, and work your way up if you have to. I personally weigh in on Monday nights so on that day I will post how I did with my weigh in and how I did with my goal for the past week, and then I will pick a new goal (or the same goal) for my upcomming week. This week my goal is to get 3 workouts in, eat all my points (sometimes I have a problem with that) and make healthier choises with my food.
There is also another thread out there that I enjoy reading and have daily and weekly topics of discusion. I think it is a great idea (and hope they don't mind me useing it) to keep everyone interested in comming to the boards and posting. It also has a way of connecting people a bit more so its easier to post so you don't feel like your posting to complete strangers.
So let me know what you think and I will start the first topic as soon as I hear from you if you like the idea. Maybe we will change the topic every other day or so.
I am on this computer more then I would like to admit to. So I am almost always here. If you ever have a question or would just like to talk, just PM me or go to my profile and you can IM me. The only definite times I am not here are wednesday, thursday, and friday nights.
Well, I guess I have rambled enough for now. Let me know what you think.

TTFN, Lori
Old 12-08-2004, 09:47 AM   #3  

Smile

Good morning! Lori I had to laugh when I read about the amount of time you spend on the pc--me too! lol!! There are days when it seems like that is all I do! I guess it is a better habit than watching tv and munching on unhealthy food-which is an old habit of mine.
New Creations is a gret name-a way for all of us to start over and begin again being healthy and fit. I am all for that. Being new to this group I am not sure of everyones name but I will get to know each of you soon I hope. Just a bit about myself - I am a work from home Mom which allows for me to be online alot during the day. I babysit my great niece during the week and she is getting to be a handful so if I am ever offline I must be chasing the baby! I have 2 boys of my own one is 12 and in 7th grade the oldest is 23. My dh is a very wonderful guy who loves me thick or thin. I have a very good life with a loving family. We are not rich but we are blessed in many other ways. When I lose this weight I am really going to be able to enjoy the wonderful life I have instead of being a bystander and watching it from the sidelines. I cant wait!!
As far as my daily goals-
1. get close to points range by making healthy food choices
2. drink 100oz water daily
3. do some sort of exercise daily-even if it is a small amount
4. get/give inspiration and support daily to New Creations
I think that is a good start! I will check back in soon- I am off to do dishes and WATP while the baby is being so good. Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-08-2004, 10:04 AM   #4  
tired of being fat

Default weigh in days?

The only other thing I was wondering is what days everyone weighs in on? This way maybe I can keep track and post updates for everyone every so often. My weigh in day is Monday (evening)

cyn-- glad to hear your goals. Eating all your points is a very important thing. They give you that amount so it can increase your motabilism. Really, really try to get in all your points. Every once in a while its ok to be aliitle off but thats it. Sorry don't mean to sound as if I am scolding you but I was eating less of my points alot during the week and would only lose like .6 and now that I am eating all my points (plus getting the water, fruits and veggies and the healthy oils in) I am losing like 2 pounds a week. Thats what it has been for the last 2 weeks anyway.

Ok, now I am going to do my workout and clean up. I will be back later.

TTFN, Lori
Old 12-08-2004, 04:05 PM   #5  

Smile

Lori I had been weighing just hit and miss whenever I felt like doing it since I am not actually going to the meeting. And I planned on really starting when I found a good support group. Now that I have found this one I am official starting my trip to the healthy new me. So far today I havent done very well with my workout or eating. I am having sinus trouble and during WATP my nose began to drip, drip, drip! My eating is bad for the same reason--It is hard to eat with sinus drainage! I did try a WW chocolate smoothie and it was really good. I used my blender and it was almost like chocolate pudding. I am thinking about having soup for supper. A nice hot bowl of soup will help my sinus problem.
I was hoping more of our group would have posted by now. Hopefully they will check in soon. I would really love to have this thread become a very active one. Now I am headed to look at some recipies and other great tips that are posted on this site. The better informed I am the more enthused I become!
Old 12-08-2004, 04:21 PM   #6  
tired of being fat

Cyn-- I am sorry to hear that your not feeling very well. Hopefully you will feel better soon. As for weighing in, you should pick a day to weigh and then stay off the scale for the rest of the week. I do that too. I made my husband hide the scale because everytime I went to the bathroom I was stepping on it and it was not a good thing.

I did get a workout in today which added 6 activity points for me. Plus I carried all the Christmas suff in the house. I live upstairs (14 steps one way) and it took me 8 trips to get it all in the house. I guess I could consider that a workout as well, but I won't.

Well, I just wanted to pop in and say a quick hello. I have to go get ready for work. I will probably stop by again when I get home to see if our other "New Creations" have checked in. I will type to you all later. Have a wonderful and healthy night.

TTFN, Lori
Old 12-08-2004, 08:00 PM   #7  
No Uno Mas?

Default Hello

How is everyone?
I weighed in this morning and had a 3.8 loss
I do question their calculations..by my calculations I've lost 9.8 and they put me at 10. I'm not that worried about it but I can be a little anal at times
I usually weigh in on Monday mornings but that's not set in stone. I had to work one Monday and had jury duty on the next Monday..so I went to one of the other morning meetings. I found some point recipes at the smart ones website if anyone is interested.
I took my last final today and I am so glad that classes are over till Janurary . Next semester will invlove Intro to Algebra , Music Fundamentals , and Lifetime Fitness
My goals for this week.
1. Try to use some allowance points
2. Work on the inside instead of my outward appearance
3. Workout on my stairmaster at least 4 times this week.
I will check back later..take care
Old 12-08-2004, 09:46 PM   #8  

Smile

Christalynn Congrats on the loss! That is great!! your classes would kill me! It has been many years since I have stepped foot in a classroom.
I didnt have enough points today but I am taking sinus medicine and having Nyquil before bed so hopefully I will feel more like eating and working out tomorrow. I dont even feel bad I just have the drippy nose and nothing tastes good. I had well over 100oz of water so that is a plus. I may even have some hot tea before bed. Well for now I am off to load the dishwasher before I relax in my chair for Wife Swap. It is one of my guilty pleasures. Have a great evening everyone!
Old 12-08-2004, 11:55 PM   #9  

Talking New Creations!

I am so happy you guys liked my recommendation! How cool!
I wasn't very good yesterday with my points. I used about 10 from flex . But that is ok. I went and spent time with some good friends. One of which is starting to count points as well! Now if I can get her to go to the meetings with me..... But it is funny...I have become an "inspirtation"! That is new to me. I have at least two other people counting points and wanting the books! I was naughty and chose to come home and spend some time with my guy tonight instead of going to weigh in. But I will either tomorrow or Friday. So I did really well today on my points and think I will have lost another pound at least.
We sure are getting to be a cool group! There must be 5 of us. That is great! You all sound terrific. I certainly understand about the working out thing! I am so out of shape I can only do about 20 minutes on the cross trainer and then I just pray for it to end! But I feel so much better when I do something. I would like to eventually run a mile without walking at all. I guess that is a silly goal to some who have done it but I don't think I ever have. So for me it is something I have wanted to accomplish for a couple years but never have had the insentive. Now I think it is possible and I will do it by this time next year! What do you think? Anyone a runner? Since I am so out of shape and never been very active I don't know.
I too like quick, easy recipes. I cook for three. My Sweetie and his mom and me! Mom is diabetic so..... I have never really done anything "special" for her. Just try to make sure she eats healthy meals. Watch the sugar stuff.
Well, I seem to be running on so I will go for now. I will check back later!
Shawn
Old 12-09-2004, 09:31 AM   #10  
No Uno Mas?

Default My Day Off

Is it morning already

Shawn- Running would be great. I've always wanted to do that myself. I may make that a goal for myself. Start out slow and then work up. maybe I can do it. I never gave it enough thought. I know that when I did someting as simple as a 1 mile-1 minute walking test, my teacher had to keep me from falling over after I was done 20 minutes later
It is a great feeling finding out you are a inspiriation isn't it? that's great.
I'm gonna go and find some breakfast....by the way does any know how to make biscuts and gravy???..how about the points???

I'll check in later..take care
Old 12-09-2004, 12:01 PM   #11  

Smile

Good morning! I am feeling a bit better today-still have alot of drainage but I am hanging in there! I am so glad to have things in common with you guys. Walking for example-something most people take for granted-is hard for me-not only am I out of shape because of my weight I also have trouble waking because my tendons are too short. Add that to the fact that I have no sense of balance and any exercise becomes a challenge! I do try though and I will continue to try! I may not lift my legs as high as Leslie Sansone or finish the entire walk but I do try! Also I have been doing some basic yoga. I figure anything I do will help. The only exercise I have had in the past 15 years is running to the fridge!
Well, my plan for the day is to make a big pot of veggie soup for supper which is very low point and for now I am off to tackle a mountain of laundry. I havent decided on lunch yet. I will check in later and let you know how the day is going for me. I hope each one of you has a wonderful day. Just keep in mind we can meet out goals and we have each other to help along the way!
Old 12-09-2004, 02:31 PM   #12  
tired of being fat

Default Hello ladies

Godd afternoon to all you wonderful ladies. I have been so completly lazy today. Sat on the couch and watched cartoons with my daughter most of the morning. Haven't done any cleaning yet (which I have to do on a daily basis latly). Oh well, I have to work tonight for 6 hours so I will be on my feet alking about 5 1/2 of those hours. Thats enough of a workout, right?

Christalynn-- on your loss. Thats a great Number for one week.
Please don't worry about the .2 difference. Just walking into the WW building could have burned that. You must really be happy to have a break from school. Enjoy your time off. Oh and I love your goals. I know I have to work on the inside too. As for bisquits and gravy, it sounds good but unfortunatly I can't help you with the points. Sorry.

Cyn-- Glad your feeling somewhat better. Any workout is good to start with. Don't push your self to hard to begin just do it little by little till you get used to it and then add a bit more. Your doing great, keep up the good work.

Shawn-- Being an inspiration to other people is a great feeling isn't it? I'm proud of you for it. Your friends will be happy too and you all can stick together and work on it all as a team. Thats great. I might even be alittle jealous (only kidding). Let us know how you did for your WI. And as far as useing your flex points, thats what thye are there for. as long as you don't go over the 35 your fine. Enjoy yourself.

OK so I said I was going to start a topic.....I would like to know how all of you found the 3FC site? I will respond after I get back from picking my son up.

TYpe to you later, Lori
Old 12-09-2004, 03:20 PM   #13  
tired of being fat

Post I'm back

I am ready to answer my own question.

See, in January of this year I decided I was going to try a low fat/no fat diet. It worked when I had gallbadder problems so I figured, why not? I was great for about hte first week, then I started getting "fat" cravings. So instead of giving up on my "diet" I decided to start looking for different low fat foods. So thats what I typed into Google. It brought me to ALOT of different pages and one of them was this one. I came here, roamed around a little, got some encouragement, posted a message, and didn't get the responce I wanted. So my "diet" lasted all of another week. I disappeared from this site till I desided that I was going to do this again and do it the right way. So I joined WW and came back to this site. I get great support here and give it right back. I am glad I have now found you ladies that knows exactly how I feel, and what I am going through with WW. You ladies are great.
So, thats my story. (and I'm sticking to it)

I have to work tonight but, will be back on here before bed. I swear I think its an addiction. lol

Have a great and healthy night,
Lori
Old 12-09-2004, 04:59 PM   #14  
No Uno Mas?

Default My Topic Answer

I heard about this site about 3 or 4 years ago at a WW meeting. Since begining this new journey, I thought I would come back and see what has changed. I didn't orginally plan on staying around here but I'm glad I did. I've received alot of good responses that I wasn't expecting.
Thanks everyone..group hug
Does anyone have a reward planned for when you reach your goal?
I have small rewards like a gift certificate for new clothes at every 10 pounds etc...I wan't to reward myself BIG when I reach my weight goal.

bye for now
Old 12-09-2004, 08:15 PM   #15  

Thumbs up Feeling better

I read about this site on another forum that I was lurking on. At first all the threads seemed overwhelming but now that I have found you guys I am happy! I love all the information I find here. I have also been checking out the recipies. I love all the knowledge I am finding about WW since I know I miss alot by not being able to go to meetings.
I did manage to eat better today and even did WATP and some yoga. Also my water intake was great--the dry air makes it easy for me to drink more than enough water these days.
One question I have for everyone are you eating your own special meals or does everyone in your family eat the same since you are doing WW? With my family it all depends-like last night I didnt feel well so my family ate pizza and I had some soup. Most nights I try to make low point meals that we all can eat. I just believe that it is a good thing for my family to eat healthy too and to learn to make good food choices even though they dont have weight issues. I wish I would have been given better choices when I was younger. But I came from a large family and you ate cheap-fried everything and lots of macaroni!! lol!! I just have never made smart choices with food until now. Better late than never I guess!
Well that is enough rambling for me. Have a good night all!
Closed Thread