South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 07:19 AM   #1  
I vant to draw your blood

Default Thursday Thread Beach Chat 12/09

Good morning, Chickies~~

Just a post and run to get us started. I'm late, I'm late....

Mamacita
Old 12-09-2004, 07:56 AM   #2  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

morning chicks...me too, I went back to bed this morning and got up when my little guys came to the door my head is still in a fog and I need to finish any baking I am going to do today.(hopefully) I will try to get back in later..
Hope you all have a great day.
Old 12-09-2004, 07:58 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, Mamacita!

Good morning, Little Chick! I know you're there!

I'm looking forward to today. I have a package waiting for me at the post office, no appointments, and I have coffee in the house. Couldn't ask for much more than that.
Well, I also have an enormous zit on my chin, which I could do without.
And there's my daughter... just emerging from the bathroom. I suppose I shouldn't tell her that she looks like a porcupine.

I'm going to spend the day doing a little renovating, gift wrapping, laundry, general tidying-up... on "paper", it looks dismal, but I can't wait.

Hope everyone is doing well!!
Old 12-09-2004, 07:59 AM   #4  

Aha! You ARE there! You've changed your avatar! How the heck am I going to recognize you now, girl!?
Don't eat the baking, eh? Duct tape.
Old 12-09-2004, 08:49 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quickie!
Hersh is anaemic but iron supplements should fix that. She is still spattering all over the kitchen every time she wags her tail! I think the paint will wear off soon from wiping it!
OT chick comes at 9 to check out our house. We really need the PT but she has not yet deigned to call to set us up!
Sweet Rob is going to put up my outside lights and here he is!
Old 12-09-2004, 09:02 AM   #6  
A Lily from my yard!

Good Morning chickies! It is raining here AGAIN!!!!!!!!! Everything is flooded! I had to take the kids to school and it took me an hour! I cannot believe the traffic when it rains! Of all days for DS to have to go in early. Not to mention I am driving my MIL's car becasue my van has a recall and is in the shop. Oh I am just a bundle of nerves after all of that! I'm just thankful I made it home safely. I am sick of rain! They are also supposed to detail my van while it is there... alot of good that will do me since it is raining. And the thunder rolls! teehee Ok enough of my rant on the rain! teehee

Mornin Mama!

LilChick... Good to see ya this morning!

Ellis... Are you sure that is you and not your twin in this morning! teehee porcupine...Now that's a visual! Oh gift wrapping.... The only gifts I have bought have been for myself and i'm not wrapping them! teehee I bought myself a leather jacket yesterday at Penneys they were having a sale! It was only 52 bucks reg 200 I couldn't pass it up! DH wanted to know if I was gonna shop for anybody besides myself! Well..... maybe! haha
Not much on the table today! Just another day hangin at the house. I still have not started decorating yet. Well other than doin my diningroom table. DH and I think we have decided to have a Charlie Brown tree this year and see how the kids react. They will both be gone over the weekend so we thought that may be a good time to put it up. We'll see! Ok I'm outta here for now! Have a good day all!
Old 12-09-2004, 09:05 AM   #7  
A Lily from my yard!

Good Morning Ruth! Postin at the same time. Poor Hersh! What a dear to come hang your lights!

Last edited by Bamiegurl; 12-09-2004 at 09:21 AM.
Old 12-09-2004, 09:08 AM   #8  

Ruth, I'm so glad you've found out what's wrong with Hershey! And that it's nothing serious. Tell her I've got my period... twin souls.

Bamie, I'm glad you're okay, hon! Be careful, okay?
You're shopping for yourself, huh? I have to admit, I've treated myself to a few things lately, too. I think we deserve it. I don't see anyone ELSE around here shopping and wrapping!
Old 12-09-2004, 09:32 AM   #9  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning Chickies!

I had a very early morning today. I'm one of the chairpersons for the local soup kitchens big annual fundraiser dinner. I'm very excited but we meet very early

I'm beginning to de-bloat from the weekend and TOM. I'm looking forward to this weekend. No Green Bay vs Detroit tickets so I get to rest and wrap presents instead. We are going to see Polar Express at the IMAX in 3D on Saturday so that should be fun.

Today is DS school Christmas program. He looks very handsome in an outfit I bought for him. Except he wouldn't take the cowboy boots off again. I promised him that he would be able to wear them the first color day they had. Which - I didn't look at the calendar to realize that it would be his Christmas program day and they are supposed to dress up. I know this sounds terrible but I paid him 5 bucks to take the cowboy boots off. I didn't want to argue with him at 6am because he was right - I did promise - and I could have MADE him take them off but that would have started both of our days off badly and I have meeting after meeting until his program at 6:30 pm tonight so I didn't want to start the day with a scowl. Oh well - I won't be mother of the year, but we both were smiling when we left the house.

I'm hoping to stay OP today with all the meetings and such!
Old 12-09-2004, 09:36 AM   #10  
A Lily from my yard!

Oh Anchor that is so funny! I think that was a smart move on your part. I'll vote you Mother of the year! Oh I can remember when DS loved to wear cowboy boots and even had a lil hat! Now he would horse laugh me if I tried to get him to wear cowboy boots! What sweet memories!
Old 12-09-2004, 10:22 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'm back. It wasn't Rob - it was the OT chickie who was a real sweetie. She adored the dogs and we spent more time talking about them than about Harry! She has passed our house as perfectly safe for Harry and really doesn't know why our Doc asked her to visit. Who knows? We discussed my lazy homemaker, Jane, and will probably change her after Christmas. I am hoping to get someone for a full day every once in a while so I can go to Ottawa. I need to visit my Grand daughter at her house once in a while, visit my dear old (92) Aunt Rose and my longtime friend Shirleyanne plus sneak into Chinatown with Ellis and Mauvais.

Ellis, I can't imagine the Divine Miss M looking like a porcupine! Next time take a picture. You and Hersh may be twins but you are not wagging your tail and spattering the front of the fridge - or are you?

Anchor, you rock! That's one of the best solutions I've ever heard and a great bargain to boot, so to speak!

Little Chick, be strong when you do that baking! Mouthwash, chewing gum, surgical gloves, a big glass of water should be part of your baking survival kit.

Bamie, the rain will eventually stop - I promise! Are you going to have a rebellion on your hands if you go with a Charlie Brown tree? My kids used to have fits if I changed one single thing about Christmas - like green cherries on shortbread instead of red!

When Jane comes at 11, I'm off to town. Bulk Barn is the first stop for Christmas goodie supplies. I make a delicious (and easy) Cranberry Crunch which everyone insists on each year. The recipe is definitely not OP but I'll sneak it in somewhere. Phase X maybe? I'm going to brave Walmart or Canadian tire and get some more firelogs for those cold winter mornings when I just can't face going out for more firewood. Actually I may ask my son for them as a Christmas gift!

Still have not done the wrapping or mailing - guess I'd better get my *** in gear and just start!
Old 12-09-2004, 10:31 AM   #12  
A Lily from my yard!

Ruth... I don't think they care this year. All they want is money so there will be no gifts under the tree. They have not even asked when I was gonna put one up yet! DD told her daddy we should just have a C-mas bush this year!
Old 12-09-2004, 12:10 PM   #13  
Conquering with SBD

Good mornin' everyone. Woke up this mornin' to more rain, too...but it is solid rain. I think we have had about 30-40 cm of snow since Saturday and the temps are -25 to -30. The forescast is for a bit warmer this weekend, so I must boot DH outside to get the skating rink going this year.

lc - You are so organized to have your baking and stuff under control this year, especially with the amount that you have been working. Don't get too carried away though. You still want to be healthy for the holidays. Take care of you too...and stay out of the baking.

ellis - I know what you mean about the task list looking quite unappealing but being excited to get at it. I just want the work day to whiz along and get at the renos at home. I want to get to the point that I can start to clean without it becoming a futile job. I have the rest of my baking to get done, decorating and wrapping gifts before Christmas. Fortunately, the college at which I work is shutting down about noonish on the 22nd, so I am looking forward to a couple of days to get organized. The university where DH works has given his department the 24th off, so I can get my whip out that day (now, now, I know what your picture thoughts are, and you are wrong), and get him to help with the work (see???). I just want to get the preparations over with and get on with the holidays and the fun part.

Ruth - So glad that there is nothing more wrong with Hersh than her iron levels. Ellis can be her twin on the spattering part, she's my twin on the anaemic end and iron supplements. Hope your day goes well and that you get your lights up, too. Good to hear that your house is safe for Harry. That makes life more simple and consistent...just to get better help would be nice.

Bamiegurl - Hope you survive the rain. We are shovelling ours off the driveway and sidewalks every day...

anchor - Take care today and don't get so busy that you don't enjoy the concert tonight. It is so nice to see the kids dressed up for special events. Have fun.

Me - Well, I have finally lost all the weight from my oinking episode last week, and an additional .2 of a pound as well. Now it is on to losing another 3 pounds before Christmas, but with the Christmas parties booked, it will be hard to do. I plan to try, though.

Laurie - Not a sleep in today, or any other day, just live in the west where breakfast is starting when you are planning dinner.

I was just mentioning to DH this morning that it is easy to maintain a level weight on SBD and still include some special treats now and then. I just need to make sure that the special treats don't become normal treats. I'm hoping that I get through Christmas without too much trouble and still enjoy the food and company.

We layed a bunch more of our hardwood flooring last night and hope to finish the first half tonight. Then it will be on to the second portion of flooring on Saturday. I HAS to get done Saturday, or we will be out of time to finish for Christmas. Promises to be an early morning and late night on Saturday.

Well, gotta run...just found out we have a staff member that has been threatened.
Old 12-09-2004, 12:18 PM   #14  

I just saw confirmation in the newspaper that they are cutting salaries at my company. It will only affect around a thousand employees in the US who will have their salaries cut up to 15% but when you add it to the looming layoffs, we are all a bit worried. Those who were offered early retirement have to announce if they will take it by the 15th so I imagine we will see more layoffs after they find out how many will take it. Morale is lousy right now. Sometimes I hate the IT industry. DH still hasn't had any luck at finding a job of any kind.

And I am really trying to ignore the basket of goodies sitting one cube from me. I've already tried a couple but I am determined not to touch any more of them today. I think I'll go heat up lunch so I am not tempted.
Old 12-09-2004, 12:18 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet tooth
I want to get to the point that I can start to clean without it becoming a futile job.
Oh, I'm with you there, girl! I keep looking at the floor in the main level bathroom and thinking, "There's no point in cleaning this. Not for at least a few more weeks." The entire downstairs is DIRTY and DUSTY from the renovations!! No, that's not true. I've cleared out the dining room, got the tree up in there, and it's looking "back-to-normal".

Good luck with the flooring, hon! I'm just going to cut a piece of drywall...
Closed Thread