South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 05:56 PM   #1  

Default restarted Phase 1

Hi there! I have only written a few times, but I am on the site often. I really appreciate all the info you guys give.

I have been on the SBD for a few months. I have lost 13 pounds total. Before Thanksgiving I went on vacation and did not stay on program. I continued to stay off program throughout Thanksgiving. I gained 1.5 lbs. The Monday after Thanksgiving I started Phase 1 again. This is my 10th day of Phase 1. Of the 13 lbs lost only 2 lbs were lost in the last 10 days. The first time I did Phase 1 I lost 6 pounds. Is it normal for me to lose less the second time on Phase 1? Is my weight loss going to be slowed for this whole second time around in Phase 2 as well?

Any advice or previous experience stories would be much appreciated!
Old 12-08-2004, 06:10 PM   #2  
Conquering with SBD

Personally, I do Phase 1 every once in a while for at least a few days to give my body a kick. However, I do notice that if I do too frequently, or for too long a period, the weight loss slows. My body starts to sense that it is being too deprived and goes into a starvation mode...conserving some of the energy for a time of deprivation.
Old 12-08-2004, 07:19 PM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Jodi, I think it's pretty common what you're experiencing. Initially, a fair bit of the weight loss on Phase I is water loss. So remember... this time around, you're probably REALLY losing fat!
Don't get discouraged.
Old 12-08-2004, 07:47 PM   #4  

Hi,
I had a similar experience, did phase 1 went on holiday.. gained some weight and am now back on Phase 1. I have found that my weight loss is definitely slower this time, but I agreee that initially it was mostly fluids that I lost.

Keep up the great work and I am sure that you will receive the results you need.
Old 12-09-2004, 11:17 AM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Jodi, I think that's fairly common. Just stick with it!
Old 12-09-2004, 12:53 PM   #6  
A Lily from my yard!

I know for me I never have a big loss on phase one now. I would say your probably on the right track. Oh that first P-1 just spoils us I think! teehee But I love it! haha
Old 12-11-2004, 04:38 PM   #7  

I started Phase I again on Monday. So far so good. I'm trying to remain very positive and remember that if the scale doesn't say what I want it to, not to be discouraged.
Closed Thread