Old 12-08-2004, 06:42 AM   #1  
I'm a homeschool mama

Post Desperate Housewives #310 ~WEDNESDAY~ hump day!!!

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 18 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight

mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 07:02 AM   #2  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Good Wonderful Wednesday

I guess I am totally addicted to coffee. Since I've had it back, I've had better days. LOL

Anyways, sleeping was okay. 3 hours in my bed and 4 hours in Andrew's. Oh well, at this point sleep is sleep, huh?

Deana, those little stockings are adorable. I wish I had the want to to make things like that. Too cute.

Chris, only my sister calls me Crys. Her name is Shelley and I call her Shell. Otherwise, no one ever has. My dh's cousin, that's not even blood, her name is Christy Ann Moore as well. Must be a generation thing. Never asked my parents where they got my name. Ann was family, but not sure about Crystal.

Spryng, glad you could pop in. Glad dh was home with you for a while. Daddy's day out...that was nice.

Jaymi, glad you're still around. I knew we'd be hearing from you. Hope to get more scoop from you today.

Angel, there you are. Let us know how things are going and try to stay on board.

Cindi, sorry about your dogs. I know that's hard. Before I got married, I loved animals and dogs. Since getting married to the man I married, I don't really care for them anymore. We have two outside and they're nice, would never hurt me to get rid of them. We like cats mostly, but so do my dogs, lol. How's the house moving coming?

Hello to Jill, Mel, Roxy, Michelle, Penny, and all you other desperate housewives. What's your agenda today?

Today, we are staying home except I just have to run to mom's and drop off some Avon stuff. Otherwise, we'll be home. We'll school and maybe nap since I got up at 530 and Andrew at 545. Watch them do more work on the house. It actually has the pitch of the roof today which makes it look like a house. They'll finish the rafters today and maybe even start boarding the exterior walls. That will be too cool.
I guess I'll get off and enjoy my coffee. Hope all is well. TTYL
Old 12-08-2004, 09:31 AM   #3  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Morning...
Crystal-I wish I were a coffee drinker, maybe I'd feel more alive than I do right now. I am so tired. Nicole was in our bed again and she kicked me right in the face last night. Ouch! I think I got the name Christina by default. My older brother was supposed to get named Christopher and my dad said NO. He wanted Nathan. So along came the name Christina.

Deana-Those stockings are absolutely adorable. That is one thing I have not learned is crocheting. Heck, I can't even knit. You're going to have some tired little fingers when you're done.

Jaymi-Glad to see you're still with us. How are things?

Angel-long time no hear. How are things going with you too?

Spryng-My girls love to do stuff with their dad without me. Makes them feel soooo special. I bet their pic. will be a sweet little one.

Michelle-You night owl. I thought I was up late, but looks like you were up way after me.

Morning Jill, Roxy, Geri, Ginny, Penny, Melissa, and the rest. I have to go boot Tiana out of the shower and finish the getting ready for school "fight". I'll check back later when you all have had that first cup of coffee and are "alive".
~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 09:44 AM   #4  

Morning All! Heading to the gym again. I'll post when I get back.

Hey Crystal and Chris.

Crystal. You wouldn't believe that I don't drink coffee or tea! Maybe I'd have more energy if I did! lol...ttyl
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 10:06 AM   #5  
Jeniqua

Good morning!! Today I am just cleaning house. I don't have any infants or toddlers today besides my son. The 2 boys I am watching today are school age. It's just my son and I til 2:30. My husband is on his way home too. It's raining outside today. Most of the snow we had is now gone. My daughter had a blast making a snowman yesterday. Tomorrow I am going to finish Christmas shopping with my twin sister. She's coming up tomorrow from MA to spend the night. I'm really excited about that. We are very close. We're going to dinner and a movie as well. I'm not sure what we're going to watch yet.

Thanks everyone for all your input with giving me ideas for my daughter's birthday. I've decided to get her another baby doll(a non expensive one)and to buy accessories for it..for example, a stroller, car seat, doll clothes. I think she'll really appreciate it. I was going to buy her a doll house but they have a really nice fisher price one already and they love it. I brought it brand new from a garage sale for $20. It came with all the accessories for the house and dolls. I'm also thinking of buying her a couple of barbies to add to her collection.

Crystal~ You and your coffee is like me and my Coca Cola..I'm having a hard time weaning myself off of it..I love my caffeine. I do intend to give it up for the challenge though.

Cindi~ I love cats but I can't have any. My children are way to rough with them right now. I'm sorry to hear about your dogs. I'm glad you were able to find them nice homes.

Where is everyone?? I'll bb in a bit I neeed to start some cleaning.. Hello to all you ladies!!
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 10:16 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning!!

Chris, yes I went to bed too early and woke up around 11:30 and was up for a few hours lol. I'm going to talk to my doctor about insomnia next time I see her, it seems the only time I'm able to sleep is during the day now and we all know that won't work lol.

Mel I hope you have a great workout!!

Crystal, sounds like you are addicted to your coffee lol, I don't drink coffee, I do drink tea occasionally, or a frappacinno but thats it. I do have some sugar free hot cocoa though YUM!

Well I should go get these girls some breakfast! I will be back later
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 10:18 AM   #7  

Good Morning Jeniqua!! You snuck in on me!! Great ideas for your DD bday!! I'm sure she'll like those gifts!!

Have a great day!!
Old 12-08-2004, 10:25 AM   #8  
Jeniqua

Michelle~ I also had a question..do we have to buy the gift cards for the challenge before or after the challenge? Sherry wanted me to ask you. Also I'm still hoping I can do the challenge, my digital broke. I'm going to see if my aunt will take a picture of me every week for weigh in with hers. I'll let you know before Sunday. I go through spurts when I can't sleep. I should've came here last night, I was up til 2am! I couldn't get to sleep for the life of me. Now my son's sleeping so I think I'm going to take a quick nap with him..Enjoy your day!!
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 10:54 AM   #9  
Focus on the Process

Michelle,
I go through periods where I can't sleep at night either. Lately though, I've been sleeping almost too good. I have a hard time waking up in the morning. I've been able to sleep straight through the night without waking and I still wake up feeling drained and unrested. Don't know what that's all about, but I really don't want to create another doctor bill to find out. I got enough of those.

Jeniqua-Great gift idea! That's what I got for my little Nicole for her Santa Claus gift. A baby and the accessories. Toys R Us had a really neat Graco set. It has a playpen, stroller, carseat, high chair, bouncy seat, diaper bag and the stuff to go it...oh and a baby swing. My 2 year old loves to play with dolls. That's her thing. I only paid $39.99 for the set.

Melissa-Exercise for me too. I just don't feel like it today.

BTW girls-whatever happened to the qotd. I miss that!

~chris
Old 12-08-2004, 11:30 AM   #10  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile A check in...

Hi all.

Michelle, I do think I'm addicted. But oh well. I don't cuss, smoke or drink. I'm not addicted to cokes so just having a coffee addiction...I think that's okay. You've only started this not sleeping at night time since you started working, right? I was thinking that was when it started, therefore, your body has probably just had to start a new schedule because of that. What do you think? I was also wondering how long the BLC is going to last? I'm hoping after I have the baby and my 6 week "probation" period is over, then I can join in on one too.

Jeniqua, I was addicted to dr. pepper when I was in high school and again after that. I broke that habit twice. I do like my occasional dr. pepper or pepsi or something, but I'm not addicted. I actually can't stand the sugar that it has, too sweet. Never thought I'd say that.

Mel, I was never a coffee drinker until I worked around some and my sister is and my in law's are. Dh HATES coffee, but it was just being around it.

Chris, coffee really does give me that extra boost every day. Anytime during the day that I feel like that, I'll drink a cup or two of coffee. It helps. I miss the qotd too. I think we kept forgetting whose day was whose and it just played out.
I'll ask one and if you have one to ask, go ahead...
Since it's the holidays, let's make this one holiday related.
QOTD: DO YOU HAVE A TRADITION THAT YOU EITHER STARTED OR STOPPED WITH YOUR KIDS THAT YOU AND DH HAD AS KIDS? I mean, was there something that you and your family did but you chose to not continue it or is there something that you started with your family?

Answer: I can't think of anything off hand. We always opened our gifts on Christmas Eve night growing up. We only started that last year with our kids. It's not yet a tradition, I'm hoping we can do it again this year and make it a tradition. Dh's family used to spend Christmas Eve night at his grandparents house, everyone did so they could get up really early. Now since the family is so big, we simply get there around 900 in the morning. I'm hoping in my new home and with my last child to start some really neat traditions. I can't wait until I get to have either my whole family there or dh's whole family there.

Okay, I got a small cat nap in, about 30 minutes and just got up to eat a bite. I think we'll start school so after lunch we can go outside and watch them build. They're getting close to being done with the rafters. I'm taking pictures, when the camera gets full and I get them developed, I'll share some. My digital doesn't work.
TTYL
Old 12-08-2004, 12:15 PM   #11  
a.k.a. Roxy

Good Morning All!
I had a little bit of a restless night but I always manage to go back to sleep after waking up except when DH's alarm clock went off. I usually never hear it, but little fingers were playing with it and it blew us out of bed at 5:00 this morn! Let me tell ya it took a good 5 minutes for me to stop shaking!

Michelle- isn't it called a "meridianclock disorder" when you're internal bio clock for sleep is messed up? You are on some meds aren't you? That might be it, or school or just plain being a mom that so busy! Hope you get it straightened out!

Crystal - another new siggy! They are all so cute! Is that your handiwork or Michelle's? Like a little elf, up at night changing siggys So you're addicted to coffee, studies are now saying that coffee, in moderation, is not as bad for you as once thought. I can certainly agree with you on that one! I love coffee! My favorite! Black or other wise I just don't like it sweet. Best with cream (allowable in Atkins) Yeah Baby!

QOTD: We only started this since the children because of the unwrapping frenzy that took place Christmas morning. We start with the littlest and they get all their presents and unwrap them in front of everyone. Everyone is thanked and pictures taken. I make notes on who got what for thank-yous for the relatives. Then the decks are cleared and the next one goes. The children liked it so much that way that it was requested the next year and been that way ever since!

Chris- Baby in the bed! Foot in the face! I know, I know Martin usually ends up spending a good chunk of the night with us. I don't mind cause then I can just auto-pilot feed, but DH does. Martin always wants to claw at his tatoo, this doesn't go over well for sleeping! I love my sleep too!

Jeniqua- Is the baby set for 2 1/2 year old or the kindergartener? My DDs all love fake food too! This goes great with baby set, cause what are dolls gonna eat anyway! Glad DH is coming home tonight have fun at your movie and dinner!

Deana- I really liked your stockings, you are so good to take that all on at this time of the year! Is that what you are mostly doing today?

Mel-are you getting addicted to the gym? I wish I were!! It must be making you feel so good WTG!

Jaymi- hi I'm Roxy, pretty new here, I'm sahm to 10 kidlets (7mo-20)
4 boys and 6 girls. I looking forward to getting to know you. Have a great day!

I be around today, in and out, just cleaning as usual!Hi to all of you other moms have a good one!
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 12:42 PM   #12  
Focus on the Process

QOTD: We always go to my dad's house on Christmas Eve. It's a tradition to open up our presents Christmas morning. There is so much I miss from when I was little. My step-grandparents always had a big get together at their house on Christmas Eve, but both have passed away. So has my stepdad and all my grandparents so the family is getting smaller and smaller. One thing we do though that I've done since I was very small is drive around and look at the Christmas lights. One street does luminaries all along the street and their driveways and the rest of the street is dark so that is all you can see. It is so pretty and peaceful.
Our new Christmas tradition is the addition of a birthday party at the end of the day for my nephew, Kyle. He was born on Christmas day in the evening. My sister fought that one. She wanted her turkey before she went to the hospital...so she was in labor through dinner. Then we were going to take her for a walk to help her out a little, but then her water broke right after she got her turkey. Nuff said.

Well there is my long-winded answer. This year we are also adding our church's Christmas service. Their Easter service is spectacular so I can only imagine that the Christmas one will be too.

~chris
Old 12-08-2004, 01:11 PM   #13  

QOTD: We haven't really adopted a holiday tradition that we had as children except that it is very important that we are together always on the holidays.

Crystal, yes my sleeping habits have changed since going back to work but I really hate it when I can't go right to sleep when I get home!! I've always been kind of a night owl it just seems to have gotten worse lately. Around 7 or 8 I'll be dead tired and no matter how hard I try (on my days off) I can't stay awake and I end up waking up aroung 10 or 11 and I'm up til 3 or 4 LOL.

Chris, I wake up the same way you do everyday, but because of my thyroid. I have a really hard time getting going!!

Okay, I'm sure a few posts have gone through since this post has been sitting here for about an hour and a half lol, I got side tracked by the kiddos.
Old 12-08-2004, 02:05 PM   #14  
I'm a homeschool mama

Hi all.
We're outside riding the 4wheeler.
Just wanted to pop in.
Deana, I got your gift. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! I'll go into detail later, all the kids are outside. I feel terrible, I only got you one thing and you gave me a box of AWESOME things. I feel so bad. These are so nice of you. Thank you so much.
I'll tell everyone about them later. I even want to take a picture of my glass with my coffee in it and share too, lol. You know what I mean Deana.
Old 12-08-2004, 03:34 PM   #15  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile I'm back

Okay, it got too cool outside for us and I started to get hungry and get a headache.
Now that we're in... I thought I would share with everyone what Deana gave to me. I'm still feeling terrible about getting her the one small thing I got her and she gave me all these really neat things.
Deana, did you make that mug yourself? I'm assuming you did and it is soooooo cute. I LOVE personalized things. And coffee...oh my, how that is the best thing yet. I am trying to figure out which one to try first.
Okay girls... Deana gave to me a 5 pack of flavored gourmet coffees. Hazelnut Vanilla, Raspberry Chocolate, Creme Brulee, Vanilla Supreme and Amaretto Almond, a personalized coffee mug. It's clear and a really deep one with holly painted on it along with my name. A white, wire mesh picture frame that will be perfect in my French Country themed home. A 2 pack of retractable pens that you can actually shorten or lengthen for comfort. With this three pack gift set of a journal, a little book entitled God Can Do Anything that has sayings on every other page and a blank page on the adjacent page for notes. It also came with little cards some with verses from the bible and some with Religious and inspirational messages.
Can you ladies believe that? Isn't all that awesome?
Deana, I am so greatful, thank you so much. I think I'll send you some more things that I have. I keep an Avon inventory of all kinds of goodies and I think I'll just pile you up on some things. I guess I shouldn't have told you that, though. I'm thinking I'm about to try the Creme Brulee, I don't know that I've ever had that flavor before.
Okay, I'm gonna get off and awe my gifts some more.
TTYL