Old 12-07-2004, 05:21 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Arrow Chit Chat #94

Ho Ho Ho!!

Welcome to the Jaded Ladies. We are a warm group that provides support, not just in weight loss, but in our daily joys and struggles. Feel free to join us!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 05:48 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Just a quick note. I didn't do laundry and putter today after all. Instead, I got my hair trimmed, colored and styled. My style is the same... parted on the side, flipped, and with bangs. But the dye job sure makes a difference, lol.

Katie cooked while I visisted with Terrry who dropped by. He said that he, Gina and the kids will be on the floor opening gifts, and that he is going to be on one knee when he hands her the package. He wrapped it in a bigger box, then stuffed it w/paper so she can't tell there is a ring box in there. Anyway, he will be on one knee and then pop the question.

Forgive me for not doing individuals... I'll get to that tomorrow hopefully, if I can get out from under Mount Washmore, lol.

See you later,
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 06:17 PM   #3  
Closed

Hi Jane

You look so nice with all that cutting ,colouring, and such style , boy do I need that , desperately.you look mighty fine . I can hardly wait to hear the proposal stories , its all so romantic , makes me want to get proposed to, not married just proposed to yes still Jaded.Well I hope you make it out alive from Mount Washmore as you can tell I havent done a whole heck of a lot today,shame on me.and I don't have a new do to show for it either. I should really work on that ,might help me get over my fear of mirrors Have a great night and Thanks again for the thoughtful card it means so much to me.

And you are forgiven
Tea Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 06:28 PM   #4  

Hey Girls

Jane, got my hair done last week, and it makes you feel a bit better!!!
Went to Fashion Bug tonight to get an outfit for the wedding saturday, got a nice long black skirt with the ruffle at the bottom, and a black sheer top with pink glitter design....looks nice with my new shoes!!! Kinda looking forward to going!!
I asked for a bit of time off from clinical through the holidays because I have just too much going on right now!! I dont think they were happy about it, but I really need to get caught up mentally!!!
We had our department xmas party today, and thursday is our corporate xmas party, they have a restuarant come in and cater a candlelight lunch for everyone...so my diet isnt going well with all the food around......
I did manage to send out some xmas cards today!! So those of you who I swapped addresses with should be getting it soon!! I enclosed a xmas photo of the puppies......If anyone still wants to swap addresses that hasnt yet, PM me......
Well gotta run to the pharmacy and then get my stuff ready for hump day at work!!!! See you all later
Julie
jewels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 06:47 PM   #5  

Height: 5'1"

Hello ladies....

Wanted to pop in for a minute to say hello and thank you. I was able to get two days off, but since I haven't worked for them for 6mos yet, I don't get the bereivement, I had to used my PTO (paid time off) hours......I had 20 hours to spare.

Well found out that James has an uncle who is coming from Seattle to deal with all the arrangements. So he won't have to be the one to deal with it all. The funeral is on Friday. I work that night so I will be able to be there w/him when he goes.

I have some things to catch up on, but I wanted to pop in and say hello. I will be back later on tonight or tomorrow evening and I will do individuals then....that's if I can keep up with you girls!

You all take care and thank you so much for thinking of us!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 07:09 PM   #6  
Closed

Didn't anyone like my poem ,I may not send you any more of my masterpeices if thats the kind of response I get ,so much for all my hard work I'm offended hmmmph
Old 12-07-2004, 07:37 PM   #7  
kitty Momo

Wow- Ellen, I loved your poem!! You are a sweetie- will take your humor in support. Need to find that in this case- so thank you

Hope you get out from Mt Washmore Jane- lol. I have a garbage bag that is begging to be taken out, need to do that tonight.

My mom is being a doll...........which makes me wonder what is wrong with her..lol.
jk
Just silly stuff being thrown around. Doug did manage a call to Mike telling him not to call anymore and that he is just taking $$$$ away from Gaby.

Gaby has been a wonder! She is taking her medicine like a trooper. I don't know what the babysitter did but if we offer Gaby a reward she minds....lol. So, cute.
I gave her a bowl of Lucky Charms this morning for taking her dose...what a good girl.

Anywho- done with the newsletter and just cruising for the rest of the day.

What do you think of Hillsdale - Katy??? Drives me nutty trying to make my way through that area.......

best get
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 08:32 PM   #8  
Closed

Hi everyone
I just posted my pumpkin cheesecake recipe on the christmas thread so if you would like it try it and I hope you do you can jot it down. I did warn that this isn't weight friendly so eat at your own risk , but it is so worth taking. I hope you really do try it and enjoy it as much as we do, but its ok if you don't won't hurt my feelings Oh and Susan I didn't ask how Gaby was doing sorry, give the sweetie hugs and kisses to get well soon and Marti so happy James is getting help and you did manage some time off to be with him (((HUGS)))

Last edited by Tea Rose; 12-07-2004 at 08:41 PM.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:42 PM   #9  
kitty Momo

Going right over and snag that recipe, sounds so good.

Gabrielle is fine. She still has a cough, which was worrying me but she has her energy.
She will take her ear medicine for 10 days- 7 now

Last night we came home and she wanted pickeled beets - though I was trying to give her yogurt - this was at 10:30 at night.

She insisted on the beets so I opened the can and started putting the lid back on the yogurt.

She grabbed the can and dropped it pickeled beet juice went flying up and covered her in red juice,,,,,

She looked so ...........cute.

Kind of reminded me of that Carrie movie with Sissy Spacek...lol

Anyway- she ate her beets ,got a bath and to bed she went,,,,,

best get!!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 12-07-2004 at 08:58 PM.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:00 PM   #10  
Closed

Hi Susan
thats so funny she likes beets, I bet that was quite a mess to clean up,ewww Carrie huh, thats a scary sight, I remember one time when my kids were small , my daughter 2 years and my son 3 1/2 they were happily playing on the floor with their toys ,and I went to make the beds, well somehow they managed to get hold of the morning breakfast supplies
I could hear them chattering and gigling and I walked into the room my son was just about to add the maple syrup which was going on top of the pancakemix which was on top of my daughter head, all you could see was her great big green eyes and all I could do was laugh at the site and hug them
Old 12-07-2004, 09:32 PM   #11  
RosieKate

Susan - Hillsdale can be a bear to get through - especially when I need to go to the library after school....glad I live in Multnomah, personally. ( JLs - Hillsdale is the name of the community up the main drag from mine) Glad Gaby is taking her meds - it's amazing how fast they kick in, isn't it...

Ellen - I liked your poem... keep 'em coming!

Julie - you sound like one busy gal!

I should know. I had a great time at Leigh's school today - she' s becoming more outgoing around her peers which does me heart good to see. Now, I am off to a board meeting for said preschool - kind of a holiday gathering slash meeting...still need to get cracking on the final articles for my class, but the darn kid won't take naps....

Marti - glad you got some time off..and that James does not have to shoulder all the arrangements himself
I really gotta go...running late...
Cheers
K
Old 12-07-2004, 09:47 PM   #12  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Evening ladies~

Geez, a lot of catching up to do since my posting this afternoon. And of course I don't have much time after all that reading. I am having to schedule time on the 'puter, terrible. Need a sign up sheet.

Anyway, watched Charlie Brown this evening, love that cartoon. Now I need to find another Christmas special.

Ellen~sorry you lost your big long post. I hate when that happens, never remember what I typed. But can't tell ya how many times that has happened to me. Oh, the garbage men weren't the usual trash guys. They are building two homes across the street and have one of those huge bins in front of both houses. And I swear before they actually get it lifted they drop it because you hear a big bang! Of course we have three days a week for trash pick-up. Have three different trash people to choose from so...

Susan~Glad your ex isn't going to take anymore calls from Mike and he told him that. He really is taking away from Gaby and that is sad. And how the heck is he going to follow you to HI? Why would he follow you to HI? Geez, sounds like he needs to get a life and stay out of yours. I so agree with Ellen that it is sad that what should be a happy time for you is being messed up by him. Could it be he is still in love with you? Or thinks he is? How in the heck do you get Gaby to eat beets? She just sounds so adorable with all the little things she does. I really miss the kids being that age, they were so much fun.

Marti~glad you managed to get the two days off and can attend the funeral with James. Also, glad he doesn't have to deal with the arrangements. I think making arrangements for a funeral is actually worse than the actual funeral itself. More (((((HUGS))))) to you both and his family.

Jane~sounds like a nice proposal Terry has planned. Made me think of my neighbors, did I tell you guys that both the wife and husband are named Teri & Terry? Must get confusing on the phone. Anyway...hope you tackled Mt. Washmore.

Julie~your outfit sounds really nice. Speaking of Christmas cards...I meant to mail mine today but got busy with other things. Always tomorrow.

Well, just wanted to check in for a few. Need to be getting off for now and go see if I can find some Christmas show/movie on. Hallmark has been showing a lot and then USA has the 12 days of Christmas. Okay, I am headed on over to get that delicious sounding cheesecake recipe.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 10:05 PM   #13  
kitty Momo

Hey Cristi
Mike doesn't know where I am moving to - though the ex and him when "male bonding" mentioned that I had just gotten back from Hawaii.
Also the Ex mentioned that I had borrowed $$$ and thus the drug thing now....

EX hasn't exactly helped me.....lol

I mentioned to Mike that IF I wanted to move say........Seattle, I should be able to...

So, now he thinks I am moving to Seattle or Hawaii........lol

Allllllllllllll my ex's still love me lol ding bats. They both need to get a life and grow up Mike is sick, drugs have stunted his growth , very paranoid........in his thinking - obsessive.....gooey....ick....

Gaby has always eaten beets, so does Rebecca. Rachel gags.....lol

Hate Hillsdale !! Cute place but 3 lights - and I always have to stop at each of them......Multnomah is sooooooo cute. Miss my time there.

best get
Old 12-08-2004, 12:19 AM   #14  
Closed

Where is everyone making cheesecake ?, its lonely here without you guys,what to do ,what to do , I might have to endulge you in another poem soon
Old 12-08-2004, 12:24 AM   #15  
Closed

Angie
has anyone seen Angie