Old 12-06-2004, 01:13 PM   #1  

Default Frenchiepolarbear, introduction

Good afternoon ladies (As it seems i'm one of the only guys here!!)

I've been overweight since age 10. I'm now 34 and my last medical checkup was not great...I taught i was in relatively good condition. Since i'm 6 feet tall and strong build, my 305 pounds did not look that bad....but a physical exam could not lie.

I'm starting to get hypertension and the doctor wants to put me on pills for this condition. I'm not really interested in this so i decided that i will loose 100 pounds within next year. By dec. 1 2005 i should be 205.

To give me a good start, i completely cut off fast food from my menu. I'm also having meal replacement shakes once or twice a day. This is hard....

I also need to exercise a lot. This is a bit easier. I never stopped training (Laps at the pool, hiking, cross-country skiing....) since i was 22.

Now as we are dangerousely close to the holidays, i'd like to find a buddy on this forum, men or women who is in a similar situation. We may help each other not to fall in our old habbits.

By the way, as you may have noticed in my nick. I'm french speaking, so please excuse the wording that may sometimes sounds a bit strange.

here are my stats:

Highest weight: 335 (August 2003)
Lowest since August 2003: 292
Current: 305
Blood pressure: (Taken on Nov, 30) 150/80 without meds.
Height: 6.0
Living in: Montreal , Canada
frenchiepolarbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 01:48 PM   #2  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

dude another guy awesome well there is 3 of us here well 2 currently and 1 awol. i'm sy i'm 22 from the uk i'm 6'0 and dropped from 322 to 226 in 8months am now around 240ish but workign my way back down to many beers and bbq's this summer. there other guys round here are MATT_H when he returns from where ever he has gone. and Howie who post quite often well i'm sure you'll fit in no probs. don't worry about all the women here we males are rare and thus very valuable commodities
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 01:48 PM   #3  
Getting back on track!

Hello,
Welcome! You sound very positive!!! We're all here to help one another and we'll be here for you!
Annie-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 02:00 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Hi and welcome. I'm sure you'll fit in just fine as long as you can stand the "girl talk" every now and then around here .
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 02:13 PM   #5  

Hey, hey, hey...Welcome to the group!! I've lost 50 pounds and my bp is just slightly less than yours...Grrr!! I keep hoping that with the weight loss it will start going down. We shall see. You picked a great place to receive support and encouragement. It sounds like you have already made some really good choices on as how to start. You sound super up-beat and motivated. Well done on making your decision to lose weight. You won't regret it!!
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 02:17 PM   #6  
PamPSM644

Hello. There are a few guys who post here so you aren't completly alone. It's always nice to have a mans input.Sounds like your really ready to go.
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 02:17 PM   #7  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Welcome, Monsieur Frenchiepolarbear! Nice to have you join us. I think you'll find us extremely supportive and mutually motivating, and I sincerely hope you return often for sustenance and to share support with us as well. As for the testosterone factor, I see you've met charming Sy already; I think you're really going to enjoy Howie as well -- he's just an absolutely wonderful guy who posts here frequently and has come a long way in his own weight loss journey.

I look forward to getting to know you better -- please feel free to just jump right into some of our weekly threads, like the exercise thread and the weigh-in thread, for starters... It's great to have you here. I have no doubt whatsoever that your goal of losing 100 pounds by this time next year is completely achievable. Just remember that each step along the way will get you where you're intending to go -- I've lost 77 pounds since March, and I really believe that the certainty that I was in it for the long haul has kept me motivated all along the way.

If there's ever anything that you need, please don't hesitate to give a shout -- or a whisper!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 02:22 PM   #8  

Hi there hun! We do have a couple guys gracing our presence on this board so don't feel to alone. We also have a great bunch of women also trying to lose those pesky unwanted pounds. We also have a couple pregnant women putting on more of those pounds, myself included. Feel free to jump in anytime and post and questions, concerns, random spontaneous thoughts, etc. Welcome to the group!
Inca's Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 02:37 PM   #9  
Abby's Mommy

Welcome frernchiepolarbear! Glad to see a new face around...and a man at that! You 3 are valuable comodities, indeed!
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 02:47 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Welcome, Frenchie! Look forward to getting to know you.. jump right in, we don't bite!
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 03:05 PM   #11  
Crazy Canuck

Mais oui alors!! Another Canuck joins the fold - tres bien!! As long as you don't start with the "viva les habitant" talk we'll get along (I'm a diehard Leaf fan). I think you'll be fine here - we're all doing well and are a pretty motivated bunch heading into this difficult season. Si, Howie and Matt (upon his much anticipated return) will save you from the PMS and pregnancy talk that happens on occasion.

You sound ready, willing and able to do everything you need to do to succeed. All I'll say right now is never doubt your success - it will happen (I've lost over 100lbs.)

a bientot!
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 03:05 PM   #12  

Whell, thank you for such warm welcome!!!

@ Slimmingsy: Since i have the same specs / Goals as you; may i ask how you did it?

@ All ladies who replied to my introduction post: even if we barely know each other, you all now have a little place in my heart...
frenchiepolarbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 03:13 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Welcome Frenchiepolarbear I look forward to helping you with your weight loss plan.
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 03:28 PM   #14  
Becomming a Monster

sure frenchie well first up there is some comparrison pics of me on the uk fat chicks section of the forum of me at 322 me at 226 and me now. basically i made up my own diet lol i never stick to ones easily. but the big thing was the excersise loads of boxing rowing and running with lots of rugby giving up chocolate and cutting right back on the beer. now i wouldn't suggest this to you cos its soul destroying while you are doing it but i did 90lb in 7 months you want to 100 in 12 just get the heart rate going is the best way get out as much as possible. if you do lots of hiking then should be easy for you i used to hike loads would do 30+ miles a day with weighted pack training for a competition
Old 12-06-2004, 03:30 PM   #15  
Becomming a Monster

the main reason for my harsh regieme is i have no will power lol i can say no no no to everything but if i start taking "treats" then it all goes to pot so i avoid treats each to there own after a while you become tuned into your body like i can now tell when i'm putting on weight when i'm stable and when i'm burning fat simply by the amount of sleep i get