Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-30-2004, 10:24 AM   #1  
Proud Mama

Default A little off...

Grr.. Well this is the time of month where I do neither low carb, nor low fat... just the what's on hand "diet". I am so grateful that this period is only for 3 days, vs. a couple weeks or more. We go shopping on the 1st of the month. I am praying that I wont gain any weight from this. Oh well. I'd rather eat what is on hand, than starve.

Does anyone else go through times of the month, that they have to do this too? I would sure appreciate the encouragement.
Uggamugga4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 05:07 PM   #2  
crazy4my6kidz

Hi there! I know just where you're coming from! We only shop once a month and sometimes gets a little irritating towards the end of the month! Kids who won't go near carrots or anything fatfree the rest of the month totally take over my food the last week!! Then I'm left with high carb, high fat things I shouldn't eat, and pretty much don't want to eat anymore!! Oh well! Food choices will be better in a few days!
Peace,
Kathy

BTW-Where at in Idaho are you? I'm here in this frozen state too!!!
gfmomx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 06:00 PM   #3  
Proud Mama

Really?! You are in Idaho?? I'm in Nampa. Where are you?

I think I'll gain about 2-4lbs from this, but nothing that can't be lost in a week.

I haven't out done my calories, but still.. oooo I hope, I hope!!

Yep. Tomorrow, the food will be bountiful! (Praise God!)
Old 12-01-2004, 01:00 AM   #4  
crazy4my6kidz

Smile

I'm down here in Glenns Ferry, about an hour from you. I'm up in Meridian once a month for my daughters' orthodontist. Maybe we could have lunch sometime, your girls could meet mine-I have 4 girls and 2 boys. My girls are 18, 11, 9 and 4, the boys are 22 months and 17 years. You are the first person I've met on here from Idaho!
Have fun shopping tomorrow, I won't be going till the weekend.

Peace,
Kathy
Old 12-01-2004, 11:46 AM   #5  
Proud Mama

I know! That's so cool! It seems like a lot of people home school out here. Do you guys homeschool too? I home school my oldest daughter.

I think it would be great to get our kids together! It looks like you have 3 that are within my kids age range! It is snowing a lot here. How about there? Last year was a huge snow year. I hope it isn't quite like that this year.
Old 12-01-2004, 12:07 PM   #6  
crazy4my6kidz

Thumbs down Snow!

I don't care much for snow! I hope we get enough in the mountains but it can stay away from my driveway(2 1/2 miles of dirt road!)!! Although that would upset my kids, they love it!
Homeschool-definitely! I will not put my kids back in the school system if I can help it. My oldest graduated from the local high school this last May, my 17 yo son is homeschooling now for the first time. My 9 & 11 yo daughters are on thier second year, and my 4 yo is getting involved now too. I never thought about homeschooling when my others were younger. But when my oldest came home and told me some of the things they are teaching, and some of the things that were going on with students, I just couldn't see my kids going through that crap. Things that we went through 15-20 years ago are NOTHING compared to whats up now. My daughter didn't want to be homeschooled so we let her finish, my son did 1 more year and then said he wanted to be home too, so we let him. He only wanted to be in school to play sports anyway. He is doing okay at home, except for Geometry, I think he will have to do it again! He is doing virtual school through the Mtn. Home School District and the girls are in K12. Last year we did our own curriculum but I thought we needed more structure this year. Sometimes though I think it is too structured for us. LOL But we are having fun. I wish I would have done this with the others a long time ago!
Well, enough of my book!!
Type to you later!
Peace,
Kathy
Old 12-01-2004, 12:14 PM   #7  
Proud Mama

Delaney is in K12 too!!! What a trip! IKWYM about being too structured.. but I love the free computer that I am typing to you on! hehehe We used our own curriculum too. Shhh.. I secretly use both with K12. We are homeschooling for the same reasons. Some days I just want to throw my hands up to homeschooling, but then the next day comes and everything is fine. It is very much a lifestyle, isn't it?
Old 12-04-2004, 12:03 PM   #8  
Proud Mama

Yay, I've pretty much lost what I gained during that 4 period.
Hopefully I can make my 5 more pound goal for loss by Christmas.

Anyone else have a Christmas goal?
Old 12-07-2004, 12:25 PM   #9  
crazy4my6kidz

Default Hi again!

Hi Carrie,
How's it going? Good to hear you lost what you had gained! I gained 2! Hopefully it will be gone by next Monday! I did go shopping and bought nothing but good, healthy stuff, so there should be no junk at the end of the month!!
How's homeschooling going? Are you keeping up with thier schedule? We are behind. My girls don't like this curriculum much. They think it was easier last year! I think we will stick with it though because it is more advanced than the school here and they will be better prepared for college. I know that is a long way off, but sooner than we think, I already have one out of high school!
Well, I hope you have a great week!
Peace,
Kathy
Old 12-07-2004, 03:05 PM   #10  
Proud Mama

Kathy, Oh Completely!!! I kind of regret doing the k12 thing. This is our third attempt. Delaney is totally bored with the micromanaging schedule. We are behind in some areas and ahead in some areas. I kind of miss doing our own thing. Next year, we will probably opt for our own thing.. Their science/ history is kind of bogus. I'm not a huge fan. Their music is really lame. I play a bunch of instruments, so I am teaching Delaney how to play the violin/mandolin/recorder. She is learning how to read and write music. We just went over dynamics today. Today's homework is to listen to music, and pick it apart. Talk about the dynamics, phrasing of the music, instrument/vocal parts, what she likes about their usage, or how could it be better... blah, blah, blah. I also paint etc.. so I just take what they do in art and really expand off of it. I love that aspect of homeschooling. Their math program is ok. Have you heard of Miquon? We use that with their program. What I do like about K12, is that I don't have to have accountablity for the curriculum! HA! That is nice. We are kind of going year to year. Sometimes I would rather throw my hands up to homeschooling. Thank God those emotions pass.

What do you think about their music program? Are you supplementing? Are you supplementing anywhere? Does it get better? hehehe