Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-03-2004, 02:56 AM   #1  

Default Help!!!!

I am currently have a fluctuating weight of 180-190 it depends on a good day, or a bad day.

I tried Weight Watchers about 4 years ago and was really successful, I lost a total of about 50lbs. But I can't seem to get back into it.

I am not really sure which diet I need to try to keep me motivated that doesn't restrict me to certain foods. I am definately an emotional eater. I can deal with portion sizes, just not what I eat.

I now have a really hard time journaling, and I find myself wasting money when I sign up to do WW. I am looking for something that isn't a fad diet, but is a way of life without taking away what I enjoy already. I do know that WW is probably one of the best for this, but I can't seem to focus on it.

I would really like some guidance in this area. So would my hips, and my pants, and my bra's.......
Avana_Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 08:18 AM   #2  

Good morning...

Boy, I know what you mean about needing inspiration and encouragement as you strive for a healthier way of life. I would like to recommend you visit http://www.healthyexchanges.com and read all the messages posted there. That is where I go for encouragement and helpful information. The members are wonderful.

Good luck!
suzyjune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 10:13 AM   #3  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Avana, I never tried a fad diet this time around, or any kind of diet. I simply began eating healthy and exercising on a daily basis. At my current weight, I have to watch calories and cut them a bit to lose, but previously, I never counted calories, and I never starved. I just ate the right stuff, good stuff. Fruits, veggies, lean meats, whole grains, and lots of water. I avoided sugar, white flour and saturated fats that weren't good for me. I eat eggs nearly every day. Snack on nuts and white/unprocessed cheese, lean meats and fruit. I have well-balanced meals that include fiber, protein, and complex carbs.

At first, I experimented with lots of cooking. Threw out a lot, came up with some good recipes though in the process. LOL I would spend a whole day cooking various dishes and freezing portions. I've taste tested hundreds of products to find the ones I could live with. The low carb whole wheat breads are getting better every day. ;-)

But it was the daily exercise that made me lose most of all. I started with a mile walk each day and built onto it, running a bit until I could run the full mile, then 2, and so on. If I found exercise becoming boring, I tried a different time schedule and/or a different type of exercise, until I found something I could stick with.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 08:09 PM   #4  

The best book I ever read concerning weight loss (a no nonsense approach) was by Oprah's fitness guru, Bob Greene. You can buy it cheap online or get it from the library. It is called Make the Connection. When I apply his approach to eating (which also covers emotional eating), I not only lose weight, but feel in control of what I am doing. I got back into his method a couple of months ago and have lost 30 pounds so far. 30 more to go.

Just my suggestion! Good luck!
I Thirst 2 Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 01:09 PM   #5  
stbakd

hi avana try cutting out the junk food (chips salty foods). drinks lots of water, because it gets rid the things your body doesnt need. glen
hefty1 is offline   Reply With Quote