Old 12-02-2004, 10:31 AM   #1  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Default Weighty Issues #22

Welcome to the December edition of the Weighty Issues Thread.

We are a group of awesome women who support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss, it's about LIFE. If you have something to say or need a shoulder to cry on, Weighty Issues is the place to be. Come on in, grab a chair and stay and chat a while. You'll be glad you did!
Old 12-02-2004, 10:42 AM   #2  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning ladies!! I thought I should do the December thread since it is December already. Can you believe that it is December already? I just did my workout. I do feel better after doing it, I just hate it while I am doing it. (not really) Now If I could just do the healthy eating part.

Jay is at the Post Office right now shipping out all of your gifts so they should be at your houses in a week. I hope you guys like the stuff I got you.

Poor Jay, He picked up his snowmobile the other day and we have NO snow on the ground. Poor guy, we better get some soon or he will go bonkers.

Kempy, Did you get all your gifts wrapped last night? I kinda actually like to do that. haha I am weird though. I loved talking with you last night. Sorry, I tend to ramble though.....as Julie found out too.

Julie, Did your hubby have a look at your puter for ya. I hate it when they screw up. It is such a pain in the bum.

Cherie, How is your day going? You must be busy since you usually beat me here in the morning. When are you going skiing? I bet you are so psyched!!

Noelle, How are you doing? What are you making Rick buy you for your birthday? Any ideas yet? What days are you and Rick going to be in Vegas this year? Are you bringing Michael this time?

Wow, I am right full of questions today. I have to jump in the shower right now but I will check back later.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 11:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning! Hi Angie.. I am not so much busy and I am just not really feeling 100% this morning. I am FREEZING.. and I can't get warm. I have my space heater set up under my desk and I have it tilted so its aiming right at my feet and legs, I have my sweater on, and my scarf. BRRRRRRR I hope I am not coming down with something. I don't want to be sick this weekend.

I did good last night. I went to the grocery store, and I stocked up on Lean Cusines. I am going to start eating those at night, and for the next month, I am just going to try to eat as cleanly as I can. I also stocked up on sandwich makings, just like the subway stuff... and will bring a sandwich to work for this week too. My problem area will be this weekend, when I am with Alan. We both love to eat, and we love to cook... and we tend to do that alot when we are together. So, this weekend will be a test for me. I did walk/jog 5 miles last night, so that felt good. I also broke down my coffee table, moved it to under my bed, set up my VCR in the living room.. and now I have space to start doing my pilates again. I am hoping for a good month. I tried on my ski stuff, and I can get it buttoned, and zipped (laying down) but it's awfully tight, so my goal is to be able to slip them on and button them without them being tight by the end of the month. I think that is doable. It might make me stay off the scale, and just focus on the way the pants fit. I have started doing lunges too... throughout the day to try to help my hips and thigh area.

Angie.. we are going to Vail. We are going from December 26th through January 2nd. I am really excited, the place we are going to is really nice, there are 10 of us going. And we will be there for 7 days, so a LOT of skiing will be happening. I hope it snows soon for you.. I would LOVE to go snowmobiling.. that sounds like it would be so much fun! Oh, I can't wait to see what comes in the mail. Thanks Angie.. you are a sweetheart!

Kempy, We miss you!!! Hope you can find some time to come check in with us!

Julie... I had to watch the second part of the Real Gilligan's Island last night.. not nearly as good as the Bachelor. Sigh.... oh well... Hurry up January!

OK.. well, I don't remember what was on the other thread... so I need to go check it... I'll be back later. I hope you girls have a great morning!

Noelle, when is your birthday?
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 01:06 PM   #4  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning girls. I am heading out to get some coffee because I am freezing too. My A/C is set too high and I can't find the step stool to climb up to turn it down (can't find the remote!). Not much happening with me right now...just shirking work as usual In the past few days I have watched The Stepford Wives (as recommended by Angie), The Butterfly Effect, Taking Lives (w/Angelina Jolie), Raising Helen (Kate Hudson) and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I've probably watched more but I can't remember them all. Mom and dad fly in tomorrow so I can't slack much longer *boo!*

Cherie, I've never tried skiing and I think I would be scared if I did , scared to break some bones or fall on my @ss . It sounds like fun though, I love snow since we don't have any near me. Oooh, you'll have a great time w/friends over the New Year. I love to get away right after Christmas too. BTW, my b-day is the 14th.

Angie, I've asked Rick to ‘pimp my ride' for my b-day . Well, maybe just the sound system. I like to turn up the Linkin' Park and my old heavy metal tunes once in a while when I'm driving and the speakers leave much to be desired. How is it that you guys don't have snow where you are? I thought it was freezing up there? That tells you how much I know about geography Well, I will send vibes for a nice snowfall so Jay can ride his new toy. .

Kempy, hope you're feeling a little cheerier these days. We miss you .

Hello to Cal, Julie, Gen, Jacks and everyone else. BBL.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 01:12 PM   #5  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Oh yeah, Angie, we are probably not going to Vegas during the New Year but most probably at the end of February to celebrate our anniversary. I try to go there as often as I can...
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 07:46 PM   #6  

Hey everyone..... just checking in tonight... I decided that since I cleared out my living room, I better put it to use... so I did my pilates.. (which I can tell I was MUCH stronger last year when I was doing it) and then I pulled out my basic Taebo tape.. Man.. I forgot how much fun that tape is and how hard it is!!! PHEW!!! But I need to work on muscles that my jogging and walking doesn't hit.. and this tape does it! So.. I am off to rest for a few.. and when Survivior comes on, I'll be doing my mileage on the treadmill! Woo Hoo!!

Anyway... 15 more minutes of rest... I'll check in with you guys tomorrow!!!!

Cherie
Old 12-02-2004, 08:48 PM   #7  

Cherie you are an excercise queen! Your trip sounds great. How fun to go on New Year's Eve! I wish I was going with you. You sound on track with your eating too. You will look great in your ski clothes for sure girl!

Noelle I wish I had to use my A/C!!!! I am freezing my @ss off here. haha,lol
I swear someday I am going to live where it is warm, even if I am old and just for the winter .

Angie, how are you? I am so proud of you that you worked out today, thats such great news!

Anyway today I was busy with ds's school, errands to run, had an appt. and ran the kids to my mom's this afternoon. So stupid me thought I deserve a big fattening meal tonight, spaghetti and meat sauce, and texas garlic toast(alot of the bread!). Oopps. I did not eat enough today so I really over did it tonight. Oh well tomorrow is another day. I want to eat right though just so my stomach feels good too. Well I want to catch the end of extreme makeover! Talk later girls. Hi everyone. Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 09:32 PM   #8  

Forgot to say where is Kempy? Come out sweetie and talk. Miss you. Chat with you when you can! How is work going, I bet you are busy, everyone probally wants to be hairless for their Christmas parties ! I wish my husband's company was having one, I have not gotten all dolled up in ages,lol. I guess I will just do the family ones, lol with all the food! And shave my own legs and stuff! haha
Old 12-03-2004, 09:51 AM   #9  

Good Morning everyone! TGIF! I just finished my oatmeal for breakfast.. and I'm ready to start my day. Ready to get out of work actually....

My thighs are yelling at me today. Between the lunges I was doing yesterday and the taebo and running... I think I have woken them up. I really don't want to lose a lot of weight as much as I want to tone up and slip into my ski pants a little better...

Any one watch Survivor????? Yeah.. the witch is gone! :-) Ok.. enough of my reality rant.

Well, I better get to work and get my stuff finished.. I am looking at getting out of here a little early. I hope everyone has a great Friday!

Cherie
Old 12-03-2004, 11:28 AM   #10  

Hi girls

How is everyone today? TGIF!! I ate so much last night that I still feel kinda full, but put something like a cinnamon roll in front of me and a hot cup of coffee and I would eat it !! But I just had some orange juice this morning. I am going to try and get some kind of cardio in today. Last night before bed I was flipping through the channels and saw this lady who is a naturalpath doctor(sp?). Well anyway she was so neat, she talked about how enough of us don't even breathe right. We should take deep belly breaths, but most of us just take short lung ones. She also talked about the benefits of massage and essential oils and also yoga. She has a botique kinda store about 30 minutes away from me. I might have to go get a massage and buy some vitamins and oils. Maybe if I lose five pounds I will treat myself. I just hate getting stressed driving 30-40 minutes on the highway to go to her .

Cherie, I have not seen one episode of the survivor this season....to addicted to Byron! LOL!! I think I will be thinking of their love story for a long time.

Well girls I will check back later! Julie
Old 12-03-2004, 01:22 PM   #11  

Anyone here????? LOL

I know everyone is busy. I have tons of family to buy for yet. My mom, mil, more for the kids, cousins, my brothers and new sil, ds son teachers and my dad's birthday . Dh and I may not exchange gifts this year. Just put the money towards the kiddos presents. Is everyone done yet? I feel so behind. We are putting two Christmas trees up this year too. I love getting the ornaments out every year and thinking about memories. It is going to be hard especially when I get my doggy's one out. It is going to be front and center of the tree.

Well wanted to pop in and say Hola! Julie
Old 12-03-2004, 05:13 PM   #12  

Good Late Afternoon,

Just popping in. May not be able to be on this weekend to much because dh may have to do something with this computer. But just saying hello and I hope we all have a great weekend! Julie
Old 12-04-2004, 09:14 AM   #13  

Oh my gosh I think this is the longest I have been off of the site. Sorry!!! It started out me not feeling weel and then it turned into me being lazy and not wanting to turn the puter on. But, new month, new me!

I have had a few clients. I just worked on a lady that works in an office with 11 women that want work done. They were making her be the pin cushion first though. She loved it and said that she can't wait to tell them all on Monday. If that happens I can get off of commission and go to room rental. That would be great!!!

Angie it was fun talking to you the other day. At first I didn't think it was you that I was talking to. I thought it was Alicia. I have no idea why I thought that. I thought your accent was cute though. It is a nice change from what I hear everyday. Did I sound too bad? I don't think I have an accent but of course I listen to myself every day.

I need to get all of your gifts in the mail this morning so I need to get my butt in gear today. I will try to jump on later today.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 09:53 AM   #14  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Sorry I wasnt on yesterday but I found a guy who had a litter of Himalayan/siamese kittens so me and my sis had to go get 2. One for her and one for my Mom for Christmas from my Dad. I have a himalayan who is 13 and he is brown. Mom wanted one like him but she has had siamese cats the whole time I was growing up too so she has a combo. She isnt brown like my Meanie but she is so CUTE@!!! I am in love with her. She stayed here last night and Dad is bringing Mom over later to surprise her. Rebel adores this cat!!! He has sat here all night and chewed on her fur. I call it knitting(he takes little nibbles with his teeth like he is chattering.) The cat loves it and him. I will miss her when she leaves.

Kempy, I loved to talk to you. I hate it that I ramble so bad when I am talking to someone new. Sorry. No, You didnt have much of an accent at all. I figured you would sound more like they do on tv.. Alicia answered the phone in the house and than I got it in the bakery so we were both talking at one time.

I have to go jump in the shower but I wanted to post a pic of Moms newest family member.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg My House 174.jpg (21.7 KB, 43 views)
Old 12-04-2004, 09:55 AM   #15  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

ps: she is so small. The pic makes her look big but I will post one of her with Rebel later so you can see. She was the runt of the litter. Wendy named hers Kaluah so I told her mom should name this one Bailey. or Brandy. hahaha