South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 09:30 PM   #1  

Default Thursday 2/12 Chat

Good Morning Everyone..well actually good afternoon here in sunny Brisbane!

I thought I would get us started today.. I am feeling quite motivated and I just wanted to share it with you all. I thought that I would go back onto phase 2 after my trip but I have had far too many carb cravings over the last few days - so I will start phase 1 tomorrow! I wil do it for as long as I am comfortable...

Well i seem to be settling back into home life..my little one and I are having a few small skirmishes which are absolutely natural but frustrating non the less. It i pretty hot here in Brisbane 34 degrees celcius (i'm not sure hoe that translates into farenheit)... I started trying to get the garden back in order yesterday, so i will keeo that up today.

Hope you are all having a great day,
Marianna
Old 12-01-2004, 09:50 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi Marianna. 34C translates to too darn hot here in Canada and also in the States! So strange to hear you are starting into summer and we are dreading winter weather.
It's 9:48 PM here in Eastern Canada and I will sleep well knowing that the Thursday Daily is started. Thanks for doing it.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:16 AM   #3  
i luv my dog!

Good Afternoon, Morning, Middle-of-the-night to everyone.

Its funny to open the SB forum and see the thread already started!! Right now, Thursday, its 7:15pm in Brisbane, and 10:15am in Germany, and anywhere from midnight to the crack of dawn in North America. (if anyone is curious its all here: http://www.worldtimezone.com)

Its a cold 5C/41F, gray, dreary day here. Nothing out of the ordinary for December - LOL. By the way, 34C is a toasty 93F. We'll just have to live vicariously through Bostonchick and Artemis to get us through the winter doldrums.

We're having a potluck lunch at work today and I'm not expecting much of anything OP so I'm taking some snacks in case I need them later.

How do you eat your oats? Can anyone recommend something for me to put in my morning oatmeal? I really like it with raisins but we all know they fall into the 'limited-rarely' category.

Wishing you all an OP day.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:19 AM   #4  

I like my oats with grated apple on top and a shake of ground cinnamon..thats when its cold enough to eat them and I also like toasted almonds!
Old 12-02-2004, 05:32 AM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

morning chicks...it is 6:27 am here made myself get out of bed with dh this morning have many things on my todo list today. dd and I started christmas decorating last night and I would like to get some cleaning and finish decorating today and then I really need to get things in order so I can start my christmas candies for my wee ones. I also am going to make music and picture cd's for them. I am going to try to put a dent in some shopping between now and monday and then maybe I won't feel so paniced.
As for OP I am thinking that is not going to happen til after the holidays when I settle down with the working thing. Well I must get going and accomplish something before I get the girls up for school. I will try to pop back in later this morning. Have a great day.
Old 12-02-2004, 06:19 AM   #6  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chickies~~

I thought I was hallucinating when I saw there was not only a Thursday thread but that there were already 4 posts!

Had another STAT call last night before I even left the lab. Got stupid and grabbed a fast food hamburger as my supper. My body repaid me for my stupidity though, not as a weight gain, but as in "Tummyache From Hades That Kept Me From Sleeping." Arrgh! But I think I've finally learned my lesson. My body just can't tolerate that greasy, junk-carb laden garbage that passes for "food".

Tonight, Dh and I are headed to the Painted Potter to make a some Christmas presents. He said he'd have dinner ready, but I think I'd better call him early on today and suggest we do a dinner salad or something that my poor tummy would like better than say, a fried egg sandwich.

Oh, Abroad, I'm another one who adores raisins in my oats, but since they're limited, I do maple extract, cinnamon and Splenda. If I'm feeling really decadent, a splash of condensed skim milk.

Mariana, what's growing in your garden? Now that winter's here in the US, it's time to start getting the ground ready for next year's garden. In the south, you're practically "unAmerican" if you don't plant a garden! I'll have a whole winter's worth of bunnybeans and this fall's leaves for compost, too!

Okay, off to the shower....then off to the gym to work off that hamburger that's sitting like a five pound dumbell in my stomach.

Hope all you Chicks have a great day on the Beach.

Mamacita
Old 12-02-2004, 06:55 AM   #7  

Hi everyone, its 3:55 AM here in LA, and I still haven't finished my paper thats due tomorrow. Hope everyone is having a good day!
Old 12-02-2004, 07:27 AM   #8  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, girls!

Marianna, thanks for starting us up this morning! You're sounding very strong, girl... you're going to do this!

I'm going to spend the day clearing out the living and dining room of renovation stuff. The childrens are going to want to put up the tree soon...
Speaking of children, I must get them up and get myself some coffee. Back later!
Old 12-02-2004, 07:44 AM   #9  
A Lily from my yard!

Oh my goodness! Look at this busy thread!
Abroad... I put butter plenda and sometimes a lil milk in my oats! YUMYUM!
Artemis.. I would love to visit the down under some day! Oh what weather! HOT!
Ruth... I hope you slept well!
Lil chick... Hello! I hope you get all your stuff done! Sounds fun! I am waitin on DH to help me get my stuff down. I have not even started yet!
Mamacita... Oh i did bad lastnight as well and paid dearly for it! DS was makin smores in the fireplace and I had some chocolate and marshmallows! OMG I had the heartburn so bad!!!!!!! I was up til after 11:30 cause I could not lay down. Gardens... when we were kids we had multiple gardens. If you could plant and grow it we did! Today I do not have a garden and I never plan to! I'm as american as they come but my gardenin days are long over! hahahahaha
UnCafe.... I hope you got your papeer finished!
As for me... Nothing major today! My mil got a new digital camera and wants me to come up and try to help her figure out how to use it before her trip next week. I know nothing about them because I still cannot talk dh into buyin me one! Hopefully this will educate me as well! teehee Well I am goin dh is workin close to home today so he is still here! Check on y'all chicks later!
Old 12-02-2004, 07:47 AM   #10  
A Lily from my yard!

Good Morning Ellis! We were posting at the same time. It takes me forever due to 5 million (yes million) hahaha interuptions! Now that my kids are older they are not so hey when are we getting the tree up!
Old 12-02-2004, 07:48 AM   #11  
Trapped Skinny Person

Morning chickies

Another nice grey dismal day here in lovely Toronto. At least it's not raining like yesterday - it started to snow big fluffy flakes as I was walking into work this morning - why are they only lovely if you are looking out at them from a nice warm room with a mug of something in your hand?

Still haven't found my Christmas spirit - maybe I'll find it this weekend after I do some cleaning, I will put up a few decorations. We always do a fresh tree and so don't get it until the weekend before Christmas. I think I'll make paper snowflakes with my DS to hang on the front door.

I have parent-teacher interview tonight - DS got his report card yesterday - I want to ask her why my 7yr old who has been talking in full sentences (constantly!) since the age of 2 got a C+ in oral communications.

I can't get my head wrapped around the new grading system here - a B is now equivelent to what used to be an A.
B means meets provincial standards, A means exceeds provincial standards.
DS did quite well with 5 As, 3 Bs, and 4 Cs (in Music, Art & Drama - because he is TOO enthusiastic! - and the one in Oral communications ) He is in grade 2 btw.

I made my taco-salsa chicken breasts again last night and forgot the cheese - but it was still good - I have a feeling this is going to be a staple for me.

Ok I think I have yammered on long enough - can't put off work indefinitely

Have a good one all

Kim
Old 12-02-2004, 07:52 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Running late again! This retirement stuff is stressful!

Jane comes to sit with Harry at 11 so I can take off to town. I have a huge shopping list - most of it is food for the Christmas baskets we are sending out in the Village. There is an even bigger need this year than before - so sad!

We had frassing SNOW yesterday but it hasn't stayed, thank God! I don't mind winter coats, hats and mitts but I sure hate the hassle of boots! One winter I managed to get by with just clogs and my duckie boots but that was an exception!

Have a super day, chickies. It's nice to see so many people posting.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:01 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamiegurl
Now that my kids are older they are not so hey when...
Bamie, I just LOVE the way you talk.

I'm going to slip into a coma if I don't get some coffee soon...
Old 12-02-2004, 08:05 AM   #14  

Whadda ya mean it hasn't stayed!?!? It's all over the ruddy ground!!!
Old 12-02-2004, 08:15 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

Hahahaha! Not here it isn't. Compared to you, I'm in the banana belt! Get some more coffee and don't be kwabby!
Closed Thread