Old 11-30-2004, 07:23 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Chit Chat #92

Welcome to the Jaded Ladies!

We are a friendly group who share all the ups and downs of our daily lives... not just weight loss. Won't you join us?
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 08:14 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Good morning, ladies,

Marti - since I only bought 1 present per person from Neal and me, I didn't want anyone to guess what it is, so I numbered the packages. LOL. They all will get an envelope with money also, but I sure like not having to buy all those presents, like last year! They will still get plenty of presents, because they all buy for each other, too. And of course, the little ones get from Santa. Your lunch sounds wonderful, and I bet you walked it all off. I just can't get in the mood to finish my Christmas cards, and may not, until it snows. I don't mail them out until about the 10th anyway, usually.

Cristi - yep, I wish I was getting your snow!! Usually your weather makes it over to Indiana, so maybe I'll get some soon! About the presents, being as anal as I am, I have a new yearly list of what I bought for whom. At the bottom of it, I wrote who has which number, lol. It has been fun seeing Mary and Katie check them all out, lol. I told the twins which was theirs, but not what's in it. (a big Dora the Explorer dollhouse to share, lol)

Julie - when Spring comes, we'll be so glad we stayed OP, right? Wow, you're doing great as usual. Yesterday, in Walmart, I was sliding down an aisle sideways, looking for brown sugar substitute (they don't have any, even with the diabetic stuff in pharmacy) and anyway, I kinda twisted my leg. Didn't think too much about it until I got on the treadmill, and it hurt like h#$%! I couldn't even do a few strides! It doesn't hurt to walk normally, tho...

Mindee - I hope Tommy got the job! If not, then he wasn't meant to. Your little sweetie will be rolling all over the place now - how fun!

Ellen - so glad to hear Snookie is better. She'll get stronger everyday, hopefully. Oh Ellen, you think you just couldn't love anyone as much as you love your own kids, but grandkids are even better! My heart literally feels like it could burst sometimes when I'm talking to them or watching them do things. They make up for all sorts of bad things in life, lol. One of mine calls me Wham-ma, lol. And they always ask for Tic-Tacs, cause they know I've always got them, lol. I even keep a "silkie" in my purse for Makenzie, in case she needs it while we're out somewhere. I'll hush about them for now, lol. Hey I just wish I had a basement! Do you have a TV down there to help pass the time while exercising? Yes, I heard Cristi, lol. Think I oughta wash her mouth out with soap, lol? JK, Cristi!!

Angie - yes, we are all animal lovers! I considered putting that in the description of What is a Jaded Lady. That, and Christian. Like you, I use other boxes than what the present came in, lol. And I've been known to add a couple of rocks to sound like game pieces or something when the box is shook, lol. I wrapped a CD for Gina in an Oven Fry box, lol. It's just different enough to throw her off, lol, and the CD doesn't move. When someone new joins the family, they get warned by the kids to not worry what the box says - it usually isn't the same as what's inside, lol.

Susan - hope you're feeling better today. Want me to make you some chicken soup, lol. Glad things are ok with Rachel and Rebecca - that's a relief, I bet.

Sue - good to hear from you, and glad you had a good time with the DSs. Enjoy your turkey veggie soup today. Sounds good!

Katy - I'm beginning to think you were kidnapped by aliens! Hope to hear from you soon, sweetie.

Shanna - don't you have a moment here and there to say hi? Hope all is going well for you!

Hi also to Sam, Kathy and Katiecat...

I was feeling sort of down when I got up, but after reading what you all wrote, it cheered me up. I just now asked Neal about the snow, and he says we may get some flurries tonight and/or tomorrow... hope so!

Gotta do the laundry and work on my Christmas menu. Also gonna read more of my new book - The Five People You Meet in Heaven. Very good book!!

BBL,
Old 11-30-2004, 10:08 AM   #3  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good morning, a quick post before I race off to work.

Susan, I think that you need to make yourself happy, its not like your doing something bad. You are a good mother. The girls know that, and what the ex does is his own problem to bare. I have to say both boys used to do the going limp on me,,,just at the most worst time...arghhh arms full of groceries or whatever...glad they are over that...lol

Cristi, I like my GF, I bought it at Wally's for 35 bucks a couple of years ago, it was a discontinued style. Its one of the large ones, with no temp control but we use it probably 3-4 times a week. We buy chicken breasts from Costco and I just toss on there frozen and its great. We are thinking of buying a newer model with temp control.
Ellen never thought to make grill cheese! I will be doing that tonight for dinner,,,with tomato soup...mmmmm
Jane, its been so warm here its scary. No Snow so far....

Hello Sue! mmm turkey,,,I used to make bread dough and roll it out, and make pop overs with left over turkey. Its like a pizza pocket and sandwich rolled (pun intended) into one. I bought this pop over thingy from pampered chef years ago....

Well better get going to work,,,
have a great day ladies
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 10:19 AM   #4  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

A very good morning ladies

Jane~it sounds like you guys have a lot of fun at Christmas, opening the gifts. I never thought to put rocks in anything but it is a good idea. Why do kids think they need to shake the boxes? I too have put things in different boxes and if it is something small I have put it in a bigger box and then and even bigger box. Like last year...DD always wanted my star sapphire ring that her dad bought me years ago so I went and had it sized to fit her and gave it to her. She was happy but a bit irritated when she had to open three boxes to get to it. I would have kept it but it is white gold and I have gold now sooo...hope you are feeling better and glad everyone could cheer you up. I will be more than happy to send the snow your way.

Susan~even though it was only a week as your step-mom said, you know in your heart when it is right. Besides you guys have been corresponding a lot longer and I feel you get to know a person through corresponding before ever meeting them. V and I corresponded for 7 months before meeting in person and then only spent 4 days together. I knew when I met him that we would get married. I didn't know when but I knew we would. Two months later I moved to where he lived and here we are 5 1/2 years later happily married. Anyway...hope you are feeling better today.

Ellen~I love you sense of humor, you always make me laugh. And I love all the Christmas quotes on the other thread, they are so nice. Yes, I said yuck to snow-only because I knew I would have to drive in it today. I love the snow and it is so pretty but when I have to drive in that slushy mess and then track home int he garage...it is yucky. And it is soooooo cold, brrrrrrr...I want to go to Hawaii. I will send some snow your way also, let me know if you get it.

Sue~good to hear from you and to know all is fine with you. Also, glad you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Mmmmmm, turkey soup sounds delicious. We had a lot of turkey left over but I didn't have time to do anything with it. DH and DS#1 took a lot of it to work for lunch for 2 days and then we had leftovers yesterday and it is all gone.

Well, I guess I better get a move on. I was up bright and early this morning trying to get some things done. I managed to get a pot of stew started, should be good this evening. Then I will make some cornbread muffins to have with it later. I cleaned the kitchen and mopped the floor and the entry way floor. Plus got a couple loads of laundry done, still have two to do but it will get done later. Now gotta jump in the shower and head to the store to get a couple of things and DD and I are off to the movie. We had this planned before the snow otherwise I wouldn't be getting out in it. And that's about all I have for now. I will try to be back later this evening to see what's up with everyone.

Take care ladies and I hope you all have a wonderful day!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 10:27 AM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi Angie~mmmmm, grilled cheese and tomato soup sounds good too. You ladies are making me hungry. I haven't looked at any of the GF grills yet but that was what I liked about the HB thingy-it would lay flat when you opened it and you could use it to cook pancakes, eggs, stuff like that, and also grilled cheese or other sandwiches. Don't know how to explain it but I liked it, just can't find it in any stores. Hey, send that warm weather this way, please! I am not liking the cold. Anyway, I gotta get going. Wanted to say HI since I saw you had posted while I was typing away. Take care and have a wonderful day.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 11:16 AM   #6  
RosieKate

Hi y'all
Once again, I am MIA here, and will be for a little while longer. I HAVE to get my last class finished! But, I do check in daily to read what everyone is up to, and I do still feel connected to you all.... will be able to post more after holiday break begins....

Angie - you mentioned my new fave food , the salmon from Costco! We get the ocean-caught salmon burgers and they are SO good! No color added, yippee

Jane - thanks for reminding me about posting... like I said, I check in, but can't seem to find time to post as extensively as I like...never can seem to get to everyone like I'd like to.

Ellen - hope your precious kitty continues to improve...
Susan- Your ex may try to attempt sway the girls now, but, remember, you are going to outlive him,! (jk) Seriously, tho', I was in the middle of this kind of PR campaign when my folks split when I was 13. Everyone assumed that since my mom was the one who left, that it was all her fault and she was the big baddie. As I grew, I could see there were two sides to the story and I came to know both my parents for who they were both in the good and bad. I just think that kids have an ability to see through manipulation and they know you for the wonderful mom you are no matter what the ex says.

Mindee - did Tommy get the job?

Julie - sounds like you are doing well - how's the weather in RI

Sue - glad you are enjoying your trip

Marti - too bad we couldn't have met up in Portland... well maybe next time.

And...sigh.. I'm off yet again- have to get my little pumpkin off to preschool
Later!
Katy
Old 11-30-2004, 11:19 AM   #7  
RosieKate

Oops! - Sorry Cristi! I am enjoying reading how your house is coming together for the holidays...you are so much more on top of this than I am that's for sure! I did just buy some new stockings and brass holders from Cost Plus. They were a splurge, but they look so nice on my fireplace. Thursday I get my order of fresh greens: a big wreath for the door and a garland for the mantle. Haven't done anything else, yet. Yikes! A tree! Gotta do that at some point, right?
Old 11-30-2004, 01:32 PM   #8  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Hello ladies…..how are you all doing?

Well, Tommy did get the job. The only thing is that the money sucks. He would be starting out at least $300 a week plus commissions. So if he didn’t make any sales, then we would only have $300 to work with to get groceries and what not. Plus, he would be walking all day, and he said that he wouldn’t be able to handle all the walking since his knees are bad. So, now he is back to looking again. He went yesterday, and waited for 2 hours for a bus to come home! He was completely frozen and drenched by the time he got home.

Brandon has been rolling over from his belly to his back, he has only done it a couple times, but hey it still counts. He is also getting up on his hands and knees and rocks. It is so cute though when he rocks, cause when he gets the burst of energy, he goes backwards, instead of forwards!

Marti~ I know what you mean! I cherish every day with Brandon! And I have already been thinking about how I will handle myself when he gets older, ie when he gets married, has his own family. From the way I pictured it, I would be able to handle myself, but we all know that it won’t happen that way!

Ellen~ Thanks for the happy thoughts. They worked, but Tommy pointed out that with the bad weather coming, and with it being MI, you can never predict what the weather would be like. He doesn’t want to run the risk of getting sick and then not being able to work productively because of being sick. And since he would be doing basically door to door sales, it would be tough on him.

Cristi~ Thanks for the card!!! Well, the snowball fight anyways! We are suppose to get flurries today, and then tomorrow we are suppose to get snow that will stick! I can’t wait because I want to see Brandon’s reaction to it all. He loves the Christmas tree….so that is something that we can breathe a sigh of relief about.

Sue~ It is so good to hear from you!

Funny story about Brandon. I sat on the floor in the living room yesterday to wrap the presents, and put him in the walker while I did it. He was pushing me out of the way so he could get near the Christmas tree. He has just started actually walking with the walker now. So we have been trying to limit his time in there, since they say that it can put a stop to the learning process.

Katy~ It is good to hear from you! Like I said above, he did get the job, but he turned it down. He has to get his license back first, and then he wants to try again.
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 02:02 PM   #9  
GmaTo8

Thumbs up

A quick note to Cristi - they have Hamilton Beach grills info at epinions.com. Click on the one you like and they will tell you the cheapest place to purchase it, and will give other people's opinions about the product. I did that before I bought my digital camera and a couple of other things, too. Just a thought...
Old 11-30-2004, 02:28 PM   #10  

Height: 5'1"

Good Day My Friends!!

I was just plain tired by the time I got home last night.

Ok.....let me see where shall I start? I'll start from the top to the bottom!

Mindee--It may not seem like much at first, but something is always better than nothing and $300 a week really isn't that bad. And if he's really good he'll get those commissions. After Sony closing, I never realized how much I took my job for granted....finding a job is tough! And now I'm very thankful to have the job that I do.

Katy--I mentioned to James while we were in Portland about you girls...he told me that I will have to get in touch with you two sometime soon. (by the time I do, Susan will be in Hawaii soaking up the sun!)

Cristi--Which movie are you going to see? I'm w/you, I don't want snow because I would have to drive in it and the last time I did that I went a sliding away!! I hate it. But to play in it isn't so bad. My grandma bought James a GF for his birthday one year...we really like it. We usually grill chicken breast on it or fish. I like how all the fat and juices slide right off!! I think I would have liked a bigger one, but since this one was a gift, we use it as we can. Enjoy your movie and be careful in the snow!

Angie--Is your week off over already?? Going to work? Time sure flys. How is Brandon doing? Is he recouping pretty well? I sure hope so. Nothing like being layed up while it's the holidays.

Jane--What a neat idea w/the numbers. I would have never thought of that. I do wrap in other boxes. There is one gift I bought for Jhanai that I'm looking at it thinking....how am I going to wrap this?? It's a weird shape...kind of a hexagon....I think I'll have to find a bigger box to plop it into. I bought her the Bratz dolls Shushi bar that she was wanting......it was on sale and I couldn't pass it up!!

Well today I'm going to get as much done as I possilby can. I have some laundry to do and straitening up of the house...I plan on getting some of my decorations out of my closet so I don't have to fight w/it this weekend...it will be all ready. Then I'm going over to my grandpa's to help clean up his place. Hope he's there! I've seen him once since he got back!! That man is just too busy.

Got a message from my sister....this Saturday some family members are getting together to decorate my grandpa's house. Saturday was the day that James and I planned on spending it w/Jhanai decorating our house and then going shopping. So now I need to figure out a time that I can pop on over there.....not sure what to do. I'll figure it out.

I better hop into the shower and get myself moving.

When is chat?? I'm usually up by 10:30......on here by 11:00.......I'll just check every morning to see if anyone is in there.

Talk to you all later...I'll pop in again if I have time before work.
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 02:36 PM   #11  
GmaTo8

Arrow

Marti - since you are the only one who works evenings away from a computer, I'll go ahead and list chat at 11:00 AM, Wednesdays, Oregon time. I think that's 2 pm for me, which is fine. I won't always be here, as I also am not always at the Thursday evening one, either. Those who want to can hopefully make one or the other of the chat times.
Old 11-30-2004, 02:41 PM   #12  

Sounds good.....now to make sure I actually get up!!
Old 11-30-2004, 04:54 PM   #13  
Closed

Hi Everyone
How are all you Ladies today , Guess what I did today? Give up , I did 1 1/2 hrs of exercise ,when I started I wanted to stop but I kept going and I did it, I have really not been doing so well weight wise haven't lost anything every stressful moment I go through I just gain back what I lost,so I made up my mind ,now that my stuff is set up I will do this .But it sure knocks the wind out of your sails dosen't it. It wasn't like I woke up bursting with energy far from it .I dragged my weary body out of bed gave Kobi his medication for epilepsy and Snookie her meds for hyperthyroidism I spoon fed
snookie and she at almost half a can of fancy feast ,you know how small those cans are,but she is eating a little more, I gave her a syringe of warm pablum and water,and put her back to bed ,I feel like I have a newborn again Then I scurried down stair followed by the rest of her syblings who were impatiently waiting wondering why they couldn't have any off of the spoon and fed the poor starving critters .Then It was my turn. Made some coffee drank some coffee and then decided to face the much dreaded exersize equipment. I heard a few chuckles and whispers ,until I put them to work and showed them I meant business, some nerve I say. Now I will load up the dishwasher and dust and vacumn ,since I haven't accomplished to much else so far, my kids are working and they won't be home till around 10 pm,so I am on my own ,its nice and quiet.good time for a snooze ,but no I have to much to do.Anyway enough about me,

Hi Jane
I have to tell you again how much I enjoyed you pictures,You can feel the warmth coming right through the screen,as does your warm personality so it doesn't surprise me , Them Girls Cristi and Marti are making me feel guilty about the snow situation Now I know they have to drive in it, and its messy and slippery on the roads,and the last thing I want is anything to cause them not to be safe ,so girls when your driving no snow I'm sorry ,but for the rest of the time I want snow big snow ,little snow, lots and lots of big white fluffy flakes, snowman building ,angel making ,snowball throwing (safely of course) snow.
And yes I even like shovelling snow ,but mostly watching it fall from the heavens so silently so beautifully so gently. Nothing is more fun than watching the little ones out playing in it and they rarely ever complain when their in it. Oh how I wish I could go ice skating , but it has been many years and I don't think my ankles would hold out or my sore hip, but you know I might try. Jane I can hardly wait to have grandchildren I just hope they don't make me wait to long.I have a tv but its not hooked up yet , hopefully this weekend ,but for now its Christmas music and it worked out pretty well.
Have a great day .

Hi Katy
I still think your off being pampered in some luxury spa possibly becoming THE SWAN ,we will find out you know , I know your busy ,no time for yourself I'm sure ,but its nice to hear from you. hope you get your class finished up and maybe we can hear about and see some of your holiday traditions and decorating, that would be very nice , have a great day.

HI Mindee
It so good that Tommy got the job ,but am I hearing you say he isn't going to take it. I know that door to door is difficult ,but 300.00 plus commission isn't that bad at least until he finds something more suitable. I know you both know your own situation better than anyone but like Marti was saying Jobs are difficult to find.Good Luck and Have a great day

Hi Marti
It sure sounds like you are going to be busy with all that decorating,So nice of everyone to help decorate your Grandpa's house.I hope you James and Jhanai have a great day decorating your house and shopping ,and get some rest after your done tidying up and doing that laundry your making me tired just reading about it

Hi Cristi
MMMM stew and cornbread muffins sounds so rib sticking good, what time is dinner ,whats for desert or should I bring some, how about pumpkin cheesecake or chocolate truffle torte whats your pleasure.:lol;Gee everyones so busy doing housework ,thats what I'm supposed to be doing

Hi Angie
Let me know how you like the grilled cheese on the grill , wow you really got a bargain on that grill,I would like the temperature control on mine to so I may look into a new model to.since its so frequently used Don't tell Jane or Cristi but I think they have something against George Foreman they like some guy named Hamilton Beach if we split those name up we'd have George Hamilton he likes being golden brown to Sorry bad joke :

Hi Julie Hi Sue Hi Kathy Hi Susan
I hope you are all doing well ,I was thinking Sue could send some of that turkey soup over to Susan ,does it matter if its chicken or turkey,I think she needs some ,Hope your feeling better Susan, Glad your having a great time Sue, and Julies doing a great job ,and Kathy Where is you at girl?????
I hope you are all well and having a great day,
I should go and feed my little critters ,do some of that housework but I think I need some coffee so I will talk to you girls sooner probably than later.

Last edited by Tea Rose; 11-30-2004 at 06:00 PM.
Tea Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 06:59 PM   #14  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Ellen you crack me up!
Well I got home and have chicken nuggest baking, and a salad, but still want me grilled cheese so Im going to make that too~!

Marti, how about you and DD decorating your home and once you are about 3/4 done head over to your grandpa's...maybe bring the makings for hot apple cidar? Maybe buy some cookies,,,hang out with the family a bit then go back and finish your decorating. I know there is no rule book on how and how long you need to work on decorating so,,,don't make yourself stressed.

I went to work and when I was off took Becky to emergency, she was complaing of chest pains,,,she had me worried,,,got to the Rockyview,,,5 hour wait. So took her to a walk in clinic and that Dr. thankgoodness was thinking fast,,,has a whole battery of tests scheduled. We have a pretty good health system here,,,if you can find a Dr.
Have a band meeting tonight,,,,*sigh
Well Im going to go and eat my GC.
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 07:04 PM   #15  

Ellen--Your posts always brings a smile...you have a great sense of humor! I'm glad that you got some exercise in! That's fantastic. I really need to move my butt more. My thighs have really gotten to know each other more over the years and I hate to do it, but I really need to seperate them and let them be alone!! January! That's when I get my gym membership!

Well ladies, I managed to actually SEE grandpa today. He was home! He told me that he was mad at me (as he was smiling at me) that I haven't been over. I gave him this stern look and said "Hmmm....I've come over many times and you're never home!" He just smiled and said "yea yea I know, I'm a busy old man" Love him!!

Not sure what I'm going to do Saturday. I may or may not go and help decorate.....decorating two houses in one day could be overwhelming....but it is two different houses and it could be lots of fun. We'll see. I'm going to talk it over with James and Jhanai and see what we decide.

I managed to clean up my house, get some laundry done (after I cleaned my grandpa's house) and swept the entire house up. Tomorrow is mop day! (weeeee...what fun!)

Ok, I need to get ready for work. I have an hour before I leave, I have to make a phone call to Jhanai and pack my purse w/things for TOM!! I have cramps from way down in the boiling caves...and if I sit too long they really bother me, so off I go!

Sorry for all my babbling......just wait until tomorrow...I have more!

I'll be checking the chat tomorrow at 11:00 my time....so hope to see any or all of you there!

Bye!