Old 11-29-2004, 06:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Default I SUCK and I'm STUCK!!

Hey girls and guys..

Its been a long time eh? I've been doing so great with the no- smoking thing.. However my weight is suffering. I have gained some and with Thanksgiving, it seems I have lost all control! My plan: To keep up the no smoking and to get back on track. Time to get my "binder" back out and get down to business. I think I've tricked my body into believing it ISN'T starving long enough.. I'll tell you, its tough trying not to eat and not smoke. I want to pick all night long. UGH.

I'm back now for a while, I had some really busy times lately and only had time to poke my head in and read a little bit. Hopefully, tonight or very soon, I can catch up on all these posts...

How was your Thanksgiving? Did anyone attempt to shop on Black Friday??

I missed you guys!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 08:16 PM   #2  

I know how you feel! I quit smoking and started my weight loss on the same day. May 28 of this year. It was hard doing both but here I am 6 months later still smoke free and 88 pounds lighter so I know it can be done. Just dont give up

I DID go shopping on Black Friday because I had to have conditioner and I fought the insane crowds and ended up with a dvd player for $28 so it was worth it
chaoticfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 08:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

aw, Gretchen dear, sorry to hear that. I'm really proud of you for not giving up the no-smoking rule. Good luck getting back on track!

I've also decided to quit the cigarettes completely (I was one of the ones who waffled between chainsmoking, then cutting back, and then justifying it, etc etc, i never totally kicked it) and I've been stuck with the weight loss, too. So I definitely know where you're coming from to some extent. We're here for you!
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 08:34 PM   #4  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Hey Gretchen good to see you here. I know that has to be hard doing both at one time. Keep with it you can do it. Just look at how far you have come already.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 10:40 PM   #5  
Live for the Moment!

Gretchen - Where have you been with honey?! So happy to hear about the "non-smoking success"... Good Luck with getting back on plan.. I have full faith in you my dear.. You're a strong player in this!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 10:11 AM   #6  
PamPSM644

Hi there. Don't be upset if all does not go as planned, after all you are battling to monsters at one time. I smoked for 20 yrs,1pk and 1/2 per day. When I quit I was a B---- for 2 weeks but after that I was fine and happy I'd made it.
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 04:52 PM   #7  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Hi there!!! Congratulations on no smoking!!! That is such a wonderful thing that you are doing for yourself.

Ok, so you have put on a few lbs. Stop it now. You know what to do. It's not going to be easy, but you can do both. What a great accomplishment that will be. 2005 - smoke-free and skinny!!!!

We are here for you every step of the way!!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 06:22 PM   #8  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

no not skinny skinny is bad. slender is a much better way of putting it slim and toned a girl i know cut out the fags and took up knitting to keep her hands busy so she didn't eat
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 06:43 PM   #9  

Good going on staying quit Gretchen. I think it took me a total of two months to get back on track. I know just how tough it is to try and not pick at food all day long to pass a craving. It will all come back together for you. I think that you have to give yourself some time to get over the hardcore cravings before you can really focus again on your weight loss. I guess what I am trying to say is you can't expect to much to quickly.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 01:03 PM   #10  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Aw, Gretchengirl, don't be so hard on yourself....... I think a bunch of us kind of lost it a little over the last few days.....and the REST of us aren't in the initial throes of quitting smoking! So give yourself some credit and let this run it's course....and listen to Tammy's wise advice. She knows whereof she speaks. I'd recommend going back to revisit Tammy's "Quitting Smoking" thread just so you can see that you are now EXACTLY where she was in the same process of effectively quitting. And look at her now.....she continued to lose after an initial bump of a small gain in the name of evicting nicotine and other addictive carcinogens from her lungs forever!!

You'll get through this.....ok, pull out the binder and knuckle under because that's what you do......but REALLY, Gretchen, try to be gentle with yourself and don't beat yourself up for going through what seems to be the process for every other human on the planet who's quit smoking. The quitting must be forever -- the small gain won't be. All of us here have the utmost confidence in you, so listen to us you stubborn girl. We love you and are here for you.
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 06:13 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I still think you are doing a wonderful job and look how long you've stopped smoking. You are such an inspiration to us all, I have no doubt that you will get back into the swing of things and when you do, I'm sure those last few pounds are going to come off quickly.

Keep up the good work.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 10:30 PM   #12  
Exercise Vidiot

You are doing a great job Gretchen. Don't be so hard on yourself! I know how frustrating it can be. I haven't had a loss in forever. I have about the same amount left to lose as you. I can't imagine how challenging it must be to be trying to lose the last few pounds AND quit smoking at the same time. Don't worry. You know what needs to be done. You can do it! I can too. We will both reach our goal weights soon, I know it!
Fitbabe is offline   Reply With Quote