Old 11-30-2004, 07:34 AM   #1  
I'm a homeschool mama

Post Desperate Housewives #302 ~TUESDAY~

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 18 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight
Old 11-30-2004, 07:42 AM   #2  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Good Tuesday Morning

Good morning ladies. Hope you all slept well. Andrew slept ALL night, but I tossed and turned alot and got up at 400 to potty. Then Andrew woke up at 610 and we got up. Overall, I slept good. As good as an almost 8 month, overweight pregnant mama of 3 can sleep. LOL!!!

We are staying home today. Fortunately, because it's not getting out of the mid 40's today, gonna be rainy and maybe some sleet. I doubt we get any sleet and I hope not, because they were gonna start the house today, BUT the rest of the week looks GREAT so they will get alot done by this weekend I'm sure.

I'd stay longer and get more personal but for one I can't remember much from the other thread and I've got to get school lessons prepared. I'll check back later. TTYL
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 07:51 AM   #3  

Morning Ladies...

It looks as if today is a at home day for us. DD woke up vomiting. .*cringe* not my idea of a good way to wake up. SHe is currently cuddled up on the couch watching barney...bless her heart. I didnt really have any plans for today anyway, which is a good thing. I will be here in and out for the day. hope everyones day is better then the outlook of ours is ...

talk later

Phoenix
Phoenix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 08:30 AM   #4  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

~~~GOOD MORNING LADIES~~~

Hope everyone is having a good morning.

Phoenix: Hope little one gets to feeling better soon. Always such a pleasant way to wake up ....not! But we learn to accept it and go on. One of the many joys of motherhood

Crystal: Hope the rain goes away. We are getting light snow this morning and supposed to have another band move through later today also.

Chris: Hope that darned RA leaves you alone soon. at the doctor today.

Ginny: Did you open yet? We want to know what you got .

Jeniqua: I love Curves!!! Let me know if and when you decide to join. I have guest passes and I could send you one. I suppose you could use them there too. I don't think there is any credit given for them as far as for me giving them out. I'll check today when I go. Hope the tooth is nothing serious.

WI this morning was down 2 pounds. Won't get measurements until later after dh wakes up. I woke up this morning and he was in bed! He woke up long enough to tell me that he got off work at 3 am because they shut 1 machine down. They were going to keep him and another guy, but dh raised cain because they were in working OT and they put someone from that shift doing something menial when he could be doing what dh was doing, so they sent him home. And he's off tonight so I might get about 15 minutes with him sometime today .

Need to get to the post office today and Curves, other than that I will be around here cleaning.

HAVE A GREAT OP DAY!!!

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 09:57 AM   #5  
burned out bus driver

Ok, ok........you are all going to hate me for this, I did open and refuse to post about it until I get Chris's gift in the mail. BTW, that is going to happen in about 2 hours....so I will catch up with you then. But I really like it and it was a nice surprise.

Chris- happy cleaning......I hear ya with getting rid of the stuff you have now to make room for new stuff......sounds so silly but you have to do it.

Jeniqua- Cooperstown area is so pretty......we are up to our eyeballs in cows here too..there are some days I can't hang out my wash if they "spread" that morning. Cows are better neighbors than most though.......enjoy them.

Crystal and Phoenix- enjoy your day at home.....I miss those days. (Phoenix, hope your little one is feeling better!).

Deanna- congrats on the 2# loss!

Another busy day, better go get something done! SOrry not to get personal with everyone........see ya later.
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 10:49 AM   #6  
I'm a homeschool mama

Checking in before we start school. I've cleaned the kitchen, made breakfast and cleaned the kitchen again. Made my bed, took a shower and picked up the living room. Made sure the kids were dressed and their beds were made. Andrew is laying down so we'll school.
Later, I'm gonna check over my Christmas shopping list. I'll be getting a box of stuff in here pretty soon. I need to go to walmart or better yet, the dollar store and get wrapping paper, Christmas cards and I've lost the kids stocking, so I'm gonna get them some cheapos for this year. Next year will be our first Christmas in our new house with Allison so I'll get them some really nice ones to hold on to forever.

Deana, I have your gift. I'm not sure what day I'll be getting out. Friday for sure, but hopefully before then and I'll get it sent to you.

Ginny and Phoenix, you ladies have a great day.
TTYL
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 12:40 PM   #7  
soontobethin

Hi, just a fly by. Ginny,glad you got your gift. Hope you enjoy it. Have a great day everyone.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 01:09 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey girls!!

Just a quick flyby for me!! I hope you are all having a nice day!! I've got some school work to do so I'll check in after I'm done!

Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 02:46 PM   #9  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Hey ladies,
What a morning! I got my doc. appt. out of the way. I don't get to go off my anxiety meds. Darn it! The dr. thinks the pain from RA causes alot of stress in my life and causes the panic attacks which causes more stress that increases the pain and so. One big vicious circle. I wish my life were so much easier.

Then my brother called. His truck broke down so I had to tote him to the bank to get money then down to Napa to get a starter. Hopefully he gets that bugger up and running.

Then of course, what is a day without a mishap or two. I was paying for my ebay purchases and got charged twice for each transaction. So then I had to request refunds for 6 transactions. Pain in the butt!

Phoenix-Hope that little darling gets better. I just hate those mornings where you wake up and the first thing you get is a sick little one.

Ginny-It's no fair keeping everyone is suspense.... Okay, I got most of the stuff (junk) cleared out in the playroom and my bedroom. 2 van loads of things we just don't use, and lots of toys. It's amazing how many toys you can collect with three kids.

Michelle-Hey gal. I saw your flyby. Come back when you have a minute.

Deana-Can you spread some of that weight loss magic my direction. I'm not doing so hot in that department. Good job girlfriend!

Crystal-Gotta love those dollar stores for cards, and wrapping paper. I go there to get my stocking stuffers. Can't beat it, that's for sure. Sorry you didn't get much sleep last night. I always hated the last part of being pregnant. I never could sleep.

Well to the rest of you women out there lurking. I'll check back later. I have to hit the laundry. My dh didn't get any done yesterday since he had his doc. appt. Least for him, he had good news. The growths on his thyroid haven't changed since his last appt. so they are going to wait on that until they get his TSH leveled off and his triclycerides under control. Although from eliminating regular pop and fast food off his diet, he dropped over 500 pts for his tri. level. (he went from 1368 to 852). Still not the best, since its supposed to be below 200. He has to go on meds for that now.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 06:37 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!

wanted to stop in and say Hello!!! My week is going very well so far. Work is becoming like work, lol... but it's still lots of fun. We have our big medical terminology test this coming monday so I've been studying like crazy, and will do some more after I get off here. Our trainer said if we all pass on the first try we will get a pizza party!!! I feel like I'm in 5th grade again, lol.
Penny, I'm going shopping for you really soon! I've got some ideas now on what to buy you. Were we all suppose to recieve our gifts by the 10th? if so then you should get it in time, lol.
Ginny so glad to see you back with us gals!!! I'm dying to find out what you go too!!
Well, wish I could get more personal but the kids are wanting some attention. But I've been 100% OP and so happy about it! You always feel better when you are OP huh? lol
Ok, miss you all! TTY soon!!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 07:48 PM   #11  
Jeniqua

hello ladies..today has been hetic but I too have remained OP! Yay!! I'm really proud of myself. It really helps when you have other people you be accountable to.

Phoenix~ I hope you dd feels better soon too. My kids love Barney too! My husband hates it..LOL!! I personally like Barney myself .

Deana~ I am definitely joining Curves! I went there today and loved it!! I am signing up for the first of the year. I would love it if you could send me a guest pass!! So did you get to spend at least 15 minutes with hubby today??

Ginny~ Yes, I love Cooperstown! In fact I had all 3 of my children there.

Spryng~ Hi Girl!! It's so nice to see you post.. I don't know how you do it..3 small kids and work! I used to do the same thing but it was costing more to pay a sitter than my paycheck was worth(for 3 kids).

Chris~ Hi!! I hope things get better for you. Saying a prayer for you.

Michelle~ Hi!!! We missed you posting today!!

Well I better go get the girls out of the tub now. Have a lovely evening and I hope to be on early in the morning but we'll see. Either way I'll be on sometime tomorrow to say hello! If I forgot anyone I am sorry but know that I keep you all in my prayers daily.. Keep up the OP everyone!!
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 08:39 PM   #12  
2BoysMom

Hi all,

Ricci...I made it to the post office last night...but I just sent it regular first class...you should have it soon.

Need to get some stuff done...check back in later!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 09:18 PM   #13  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Smile Hey Chicks

We are moving this weekend to a 100 year old house!! I am so ready to get it over with and I haven't started yet! Wish you all could help me pack!

I am having a great work week. My Down's Syndrome girl stood up today and fed herself as well!! I couldn't have been prouder if she were my own child!! I did get hit today by a 3 year old, but when I saw Stef standing at the table eating a snack, that made my day!

I am having cake and ice cream(confession) for dh's birthday, so I hope to be back later.

Love to all!
Cindi
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 11:02 PM   #14  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good evening ladies!

Kind of a fly by here....

Jeniqua: I'm sorry, I didn't get to ask about the guest pass today because they were decorating the place and I ended up helping after my workout. I will ask tomorrow though. Yes, I did get to spend about 15 minutes with dh today.....helping him put sand in a set of leather bags for the bench rest (to rest a rifle on) . Glad you enjoyed Curves.....it's great!

Cindi: Wish I could help you pack too.....I can really pack some stuff now! Good luck getting it all done. I love old houses!

Crystal: I got your package mailed today, they said it should be there Saturday. Don't mind the paper when you get it, just let me know if it got there intact . I didn't have any brown paper to use on it, so it's white .

Made the kids clean their room tonight They didn't get much done til I went in and threatened to throw everything out. Then I ended up cleaning most of it. We are going to rearrange it too, just have to see the floor first. Most of it is done now, just need to clean out bookshelves. So that will be my plan for tomorrow morning, then dd has preschool, scouts after school and dh has to work...ugghhhh!!! it never ends.

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 12:25 AM   #15  

Hey ladies-
I am new to this website...but thought you guys looked like fun! I am a SAHM mom of two boys, the oldest Chase just turned two yesterday and Stuart is 31/2 months...I am here in Texas and it has been so cold today! I didn't want to get out of the house! AGGH!
I am trying the WW points plan again to lose my pregnancy weight from Stu...I have 15 pounds to go...and I can't seem to get it off...of course being bad for a month doesn't help :-)
So I am getting serious about it again...Anyway...hope you don't mind me jumping in here!
Alicia
yoda3221 is offline   Reply With Quote