Old 11-29-2004, 07:36 AM   #1  
I'm a homeschool mama

Post Desperate Housewives (SAHM's) #301 ~MONDAY~

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 18 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 08:05 AM   #2  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Good MONDAY Morning

Good morning everyone. I slept pretty good. Would like a nap today, but Andrew woke up early and will take his nap before lunch time which is terrible for me so I probably won't get one. Luckily, the most of the house is clean so I'll just catch up on some laundry and do school and then cook dinner. I've got a few phone calls to make and things to do on the computer. Otherwise we're staying home all day. It's suppose to rain most of the day and it's 58 outside now and that's the warmest it's getting. Tomorrow is going to be freezing, almost. They were suppose to start framing today but with the rain I'm not sure they can.

Michelle, have you never been irregular for TOM? Of course, that's nothing new to me, but sometimes if you've never been and then you are, you don't know what to expect. You know, you've got this job that upped the hours and now school and now the holidays, it could be stress. Hope you got some rest. I do have Deana's gift, but I'm not sure what day I'll get it mailed out. Whenever I go to town next.

Spryng, hope you had fun yesterday at your in-laws!

Jill, glad you got to drop in. Sorry you've been so busy. Hope it slows down for you.

Mel, so glad you got a full nights sleep the other night, what about last night? I still haven't forgotten about the 11 bucks I owe you, I was hoping to get it to you in your Christmas card, but I haven't bought those either.

Hello to Jeniqua, Jaymi, Penny, Chris, Deana, Amy, Angel, Misty, Phoenix and all you other desperate housewives. Hope you all have a great day.

I've got to finish my coffee and get school prepared. TTYL
Old 11-29-2004, 08:14 AM   #3  

Good Morning Crystal!!! Guess what???!!! I did get a full nights sleep...believe it or not! Patrick has been sleeping on his little blues clues flip flop couch/bed. I'm gonna keep trying that and see what happens. Crystal, if you can only send 5 send 5 and then if you get the other 5 send it later. I got my xmas cards, really cute ones, at ShopRite for 3.99 for 18. Glad you got a decent night sleep. Hope you get a nap.

Michelle, thank you sooooo Much for my siggy.. I love it !~!!!!!! Also, friends of ours had a vesectemy and they told him to use protection for a year. They said it takes a year for the scarring to occur or something to really block what's in there. I don't know exactly, but he definatly said a year with protection. Keeping my fingers crossed for ya. Hopefully, your just late.

Ok all, I have to get to the gym so, I'll be back later.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 08:44 AM   #4  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good Morning Ladies!

Sorry I was MIA yesterday, I lurked around all day but never posted. It was a lazy day and I spent most of it on here playing games, then watched my Chiefs game, ran to Walmart and the grocery store, got Pizza Hut for supper and got dh off to work. He has to work again tonight then should have tomorrow night off.....geeesh, sometimes it feels like he's only here for financial support .

Michelle: that tom is just late! Yes, I have Crystal's gift, should be mailing tomorrow, waiting for part to dry.

Mel: Glad you got to sleep well last night. Have fun at the gym.

Crystal: Glad you slept decent again!

I know I'm missing several, but know that I am thinking of you...... I'll check back later to get personal with the rest.

Plans for the day: Dishes, laundry, dd has preschool, dh has work, Erik has scouts.....somewhere in there is time for me....just not sure where yet!!!

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 08:45 AM   #5  

Here's a pic of the kids on our couch for xmas. We take one in the same spot each year.
2002 - sorry it's sideways, photobucket wouldn't let me change it. you get the idea
Old 11-29-2004, 08:48 AM   #6  

Hey Deana, hope all is well with you. HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Old 11-29-2004, 09:49 AM   #7  
I'm a homeschool mama

Hi all.
Mel, so glad two nights in a row you've slept all night. Could be a trend starting for you. Mine is better some nights and worse others. Who knows. I just hope it starts to work itself out when the baby gets here. The way things go sometimes I think by adding a baby to that routine means absolutely no sleep for me.
Deana, glad you had a lazy day yesterday. It's totally okay to do that.
Well, you ladies, I need to go get a bite to eat and take care of some business. TTYL
Old 11-29-2004, 10:22 AM   #8  
Jeniqua

good morning ladies!! Hubby went back on the road again today. He should be home on Wednesday though. I am OP so far today. I already did my workout for the day and have drank 6 glasses of water already. I am determined more than ever to lose these 40 pounds. I'm still trying to convince my husband to go on this diet with me. My husband is 6ft 2in. tall and weighs like 270/280. I am 5 ft and weigh 160. I want to be fit for my children so that I can do anything and everything with them. I know I'm rambling on but I just needed to get it off my chest. Myhuband says he's happy with the way I am now but I'm just not.

Mel~ Your children are beautiful! I love the one of them on the couch. YAY!! Agood nights sleep. I don't miss those days.

Crystal~ 58 degrees!! Enjoy it while it lasts. It's freezing here and they are expecting snow again tomorrow. Have a lovely day.

Sherry~Hurry back, we miss you!!

Deana~ I can totally sympathize(sp?) with you! My husband travels on the road all week and I always feel like a single mother. I didn't get married to have him gone all the time. I am hoping and praying he can find a job close to home with the same amount of pay.

Michelle~ You are one busy lady..LOL!! I hope you have time today to just relax and enjoy your family.

Well I better get off and watch the kids..lol. I'll bbl.
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 10:33 AM   #9  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!
Just a quick hello.....got lots of paperwork to take care of today.....bills to catch up on blah, blah, blah............
Jeniqua- we live in .......well, it used to be rural.......now is becoming somewhat built up area. Still a lot of farm land in my county- we are on the NY/NJ border so that does put us in southern NY state. To a city person, it is upstate.....have I confused you enough??????? I confuse myself plenty. What part of the state are you in?
Melissa- I love the pictures!!!!!!!!How adorable! Thanks for sharing them.
Crystal- glad you got a decent nights sleep.......sure it felt good.
Hi to everyone else..........I am up to my eyeballs today.......so darned much to do. Sorry not to get personal with everyone.
Opps!!! Chris.....did not forget you Hon....should get to the post office for you Wednesday.
Have a great day.
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 10:35 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies!!

Crystal I was thinking the stress too. The only time I've ever had an irregular period was when we were trying to conceive usually I'm pretty consistant. How's the house coming along?

Mel, I'm glad you like your siggie I just started trying my hand at the snowglobes and for my 2nd attempt I don't think it turned out half bad My hubbys doctor told us that we needed protection for 6 weeks OR 12 ejaculations so we're supposed to be in the clear, I think also it depends on the procedure used. Hubby had an inch of the vas cut on each side and tied. I actually am beginning to think that I was worried about having my gyn. exam on the 2nd and this is my bodys way of putting it off lol. I'm not looking forward to the exam, I'm hoping that my pap comes back normal so I don't require another colposcopy, last year I was a stage IV carcinoma insutu which is the last stage before full blown cervical cancer, I had surgery to remove the cancerous or abnormal cells but they can come back. LOL sorry I got to rambling

Deana glad you got a relaxing day I get to relax today, I have the day off woo hoo!!!

Kristin, did you get your prom dress? I'll pick you up in the limo around 8 Now that my husband is throughly convinced that you are my lesbian lova, I'm sure he won't have a problem with you coming to spend the night LMAO!! I had a blast chatting with you last night, as usual, but its all your fault I almost had the whole house up from laughing lol.

Penny, I had fun talking with you too last night!! Are you all ready for your trip? You are going to have a blast!! Say hi to mickey for me, we go way back!

Cindi, it was great having a talk with you too last night!! I wish I could come help you get packed up, so you can get moved in quick!! I hope you have a wonderful day at work!!

wow I was quite the social butterfly last night eh? My girls have already destroyed the house this morning

Oh yeah I was gonna tell all of you that my cancer warrior Zach got his tickets to the game I sent him and he was so excited!! I was bawling!! You must read what his mom wrote in their journal! www.caringbridge.org/il/zachallen/

Okay I better get off here The girls are being crazy!
TTYL
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 11:04 AM   #11  
a.k.a. Roxy

Good morning from the weekend grinch!

This has been a very busy weekend for all of us here with DS home from school for the TG weekend. I think he tried to cram in a weeks worth of activity and it left us all in a spin trying to keep up with him! It was worth it though! DH fell asleep during a boggle game, and I zonked out while he was talking to me. All in all, it was a very nice weekend and it will only be three weeks before the whole family is together again. I feel in my heart this is just the beginning for children going off and it makes me sad that they are all not little anymore.

Crystal- Hi! Love your siggy! You still feel like your 18 and there you are 27! You know what's funny, to be 18 and turn out your 40! Inside we don't change very much I still think and feel young (relatively) I hope I never decide to be old in my head! Thanks for the pumpkin roll recipe! I saved it in word and named after you! I bet it's great but haven't made it yet. It's calling to me though!

Michelle- Happy Happy Birthday!!!!! Whew! I read over the old posts to catch up! You are one shopping machine! Where in the world did you find a dvd player for $24? Anyway You should be a professional shopper! This job really exists, you'd be phenomenal!
Oh btw--this includes Phoenix--photobucket is not taking anymore new free accounts until 12-01. I have my siggy saved on my computor ready to go with photobucket when it opens up. I found this out Friday. You did such a fantastic job on everyone's siggy we are all grateful! Hope your tree is back to normal without damage.

Spryng- Hi lady! Sorry to have missed your posts! Hope you have a great time at your new job. There are several books out like "once a month cooking" that can help you with making those casseroles ahead of time then having more time when you get home.

Jeniqua- was it you that was interested in the homeschooling materials? I'm sorry, drat my memory! That was like 3 threads ago and I should have made a note of it. I'll have to make an inventory so you can see what you need.

Mel- what adorable children! That is so sweet! , They look sooo much like you! Most of mine resemble DH (without his beard) . They are so cute! Glad you finally got a good night's sleep. Yay! For unconscious children, well, when they should be!

Deana! My evil twin! You always sound so busy and constantly on the go! How's the Curves going? WTG on the pound down! During thanksgiving too!
I admit I haven't bee vey good this weekend. I will reform my evil ways! I have too! It's not fun being evil and fat. I want to be evil and thin, well.. thinner.

Phoenix- that family wine sounds great! How do I get on your family list?
You have to tell us how it turns out!

I have to go for now, DH is working days for 4 weeks so it's just me and the babies. Hi to Geri, Chris, Cindi, Jill, Ricci, Penny, Misty and all you other Moms! Have a great day! TTYL

~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 11:11 AM   #12  
2BoysMom

Good morning all

Did everyone see Desparate Housewives last night? Boy, could I relate to that dream sequence...not the suicide part...but the screaming at the kids to just listen and throwing the pb jar out the window .

I too need to make a trip to the post office. I've had Ricci's present for weeks! I hate to take the boys in because they just don't behave...or they don't want to leave and they throw a fit when I try to get them into the car. Maybe I can stop on the way home from TOPS tonight. There is a 24 hour branch close by. That means I'll have to get it wrapped and ready to go sometime today .

Congrats Janiqua on getting your exercise and all that water in already this am!! Wow! I did get my workout in...first time in 2 weeks...and only had to stop once to change a diaper and blow my nose. I'm on the road to recovery I think.

Crystal...I'll take 58 any day now. We were out yesterday putting up the outside decorations...winter jackets, hats and gloves. No snow here yet..we keep getting the rain. All the snow is south of us. I think it was in the upper 30's but at least the sun was out. Anyway..it hardly feels like the holiday season around here without a little snow.

Took Will to the community tree lighting last night. Ran into our old neighbors from 2 years ago...they moved to this town too. I can't believe their boy is going to be 12. He was 3 when I first met them. So, we stood in line to see Santa and then Will freaked out at the last minute and wouldn't go near him . At least we were only in line for about 10 minutes. I tried to take him a couple years ago to the mall but he wouldn't have any part of it then either. The boy's will be 18 before they get their pics with Santa . Oh well.

Deana and Ginny..sounds like you both have busy days ahead of you. I think we'll just hang out downstairs today. There is always cleaning to do...but I finished laundry yesterday and mopped the kitchen floor last night after Desperate Housewives so it looks pretty good upstairs. Tonight is TOPS and I do not want to WI, but I will face the music.

Michelle...you better not be pg...my DH had a vas last Dec and I always worry about that 1% I think every Dr is different in what they tell their patients. My gf dh's dr told them 25 times... my dh's dr didn't say anything about how many times before it's safe.

Well, I hope you all have a great day. I may be back, I may not. Packers are on Monday night football so I'll be watching that when I get home from TOPS. Tomorrow I work so I'll check back in when I can.

Take care!!

Almost forgot...Mel...great pics of the kids. They both look so nice.

Bye now
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 11:13 AM   #13  
2BoysMom

Hi Roxy!! So glad you had a great visit with your ds!!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 11:14 AM   #14  
a.k.a. Roxy

Hey Michelle! You snuck in on me! I'm so glad that he liked his tickets!! I will go and pay his site a visit in a little bit when I get things under control here and read his journal.
Old 11-29-2004, 11:18 AM   #15  
a.k.a. Roxy

Hi Geri!! You're sneaky too!! I really have to get faster! Hope you do well at TOPS!

~Roxy