South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 06:22 AM   #1  
I vant to draw your blood

Default Monday Beach Chat 11/29

Good morning, Chickies~~

Had to run out for a STAT blood draw last night. Came home, ate a bowl of jambalaya I'd made for the guys and fell into bed. (totally OFF program and hideously bad for me) and this morning, I'm up 4 POUNDS! I should know better. I DO know better. Especially when TOM is lurking round the corner, rubbing his hands and chortling with glee,"water retention, heh, heh heh!!!"

So, today's lunch is 2 HB eggs, steamed broccoli and some salt free cashew butter on whole grain bread.

Got most of the Christmas shopping out of the way and it only cost us about $5 out of pocket. My DH is one of those who has disgustingly good luck with scratchoff lottery tickets...he won $100 on Saturday. Conversely, I never win a doggoned thing. But it was a nice windfall.

Hope all you chicks had a good holiday weekend.

Mamacita
Old 11-29-2004, 07:39 AM   #2  
A Lily from my yard!

Good Morning Chickies! I was not able to log on at my mom's all week-end. I could not remember my p-word! duh! I didn't want to reset it again! I popped in and read just no posting. I am goin to try and get out some Christmas stuff today. DH put the lights on the house while I was gone! Very big surprise! We won't put the tree up until we come back from Ga. next weekend. We always get a tree from our friends nursery when we go help with their Christmas Festival. We are probably the only people that go 3 hours away to get a tree! hahaha I'll check on y'all chicks later.
Mama... Yahoo! Lucky hubby!
Old 11-29-2004, 07:48 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good glorious morning. It looks like a cold but sunny day here in the eastern Ontario wilderness. The woodstove was still hot this morning so I just threw in a piece of wood and it caught. An auspicious start!

However....and Life is full of Howevers! ....Lucy managed to snitch my bank card out of my jacket pocket last night and chomped it badly. I should know better than to leave my jacket over the back of a chair. This afternoon I'm off to see if I can get a new bank card. Luckily I did use it Saturday to get cash so I'm solvent for a bit. Maybe she did me a favour.

Mamacita, never mind - that water weight will drop off with good clean eating. (I did not weight this morning as I had a disastrous encounter with some Ferraro Rocher chocolates last night!)

Bamiegirl, you sound as if you are Christmassing up. I hope to get the porch lights and garlands up tomorrow when Sarah can help me.

I am going to do a bit of clothing sorting this morning and am going to Lurker Lorraine's house for coffee mid-morning. She is going to take off to Florida soon so probably it'll be our last visit before she cranks up the Greenhouses in early March!

Have a super Monday, Beach Beauties!
Old 11-29-2004, 08:14 AM   #4  
Trapped Skinny Person

Morning Ladies.

Visited the in-laws this weekend and since they usually make scads of various type of foods - I figured there would be somehtng OP I could eat - wrong - not this time. My MIL made this Caribbean salt cod salad thing that I simply won't touch even off program,and a bread called Bake which has lots of oil and then is fried, and rice and fried meat patties - I was able to eat some lentils, but even those had a ton of oil in them BLECH.

She doesn't usually cook that way, so it's weird that she did that day. And I had to sit through the chips and dip (no veggies) and then the BD cake.

We got there at 4pm, didn't eat until 7pm and then didn't get to leave until 10pm - and then an hour drive - I was starving but didn't want to eat too much as it was so late, so made do with a cheese stick. Next time I'll pack a lunch box

And of course I had to endure the comments from my model/actor BIL who has never had an extra once of weight on him, who kept saying "if you just eat sensibly, you won't have a weight problem", I ended up saying "if you just study harder, you'll be smarter"

Sheesh people like that annoy me - I would much rather hear advice from someone how has been there.

Here's to another week!

Kim
Old 11-29-2004, 08:29 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Bups, my Dad always said "Why are there more horses' asses than horses?" Don't let him get to you.
Old 11-29-2004, 09:31 AM   #6  
i luv my dog!

hello beach babes,

It was nice to have a long holiday weekend. We put up the Christmas tree and took a nice, chilly walk yesterday. Now I just need to get the holiday cards written, addressed, stamped and mailed.

mama - congrats on the lottery win. What a nice surprise.

bamie - good for your DH, surprising you with those lights!

ruth - your post reminded me of a guy I know who during conversations always has to included the phrase "but...and there's always a but..." LOL. My dog also had his nose where it didn't belong today - in the box of Christmas decorations. He decided that a plastic Santa boot with knit cover would make a good dog toy. Luckily I caught him before any damage was done, but he did get yelled at.

bups - at least the trip to the inlaws was only a few hours. good job staying OP, and yes next time bring an "emergency kit"

and like you said,
heres to another week
Old 11-29-2004, 10:43 AM   #7  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning Chickies!

I was down a pound this am. Yeah! With all the food I ate last week plus the wine I'm grateful to see the scale move again. It must be that the herb I was taking was slowing down the weight loss. Glad that mystery is solved. It makes for a grand total of 3 this month - I think - does anyone ever have the problem of not remembering where they were at the beginning of the month? Brain dead I guess. I think I've only lost 3 this month but that is ok. I've stopped messing around with the herbs so next month should be better.

I've ordered the new pre-packaged "Imitaters" - which is the mashed califlower already cooked and ready to go in the micro with some blends like "chipolte" and garlic and the works! I'll let you know how they go! I saw them in a magazine and decided to try them.

Have a great one chickies!
Old 11-29-2004, 12:12 PM   #8  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

afternoon chicks just popping in for a few seconds. I need to find some candy recipies for my xmas baskets, did manage to get my dad and his other half done and wrapped and already for him to take home with him, he is leaving wed night to spend a few days with my sister. I also got my mom xmas present bought and wrapped. Other than that my list hasn't even really begun to go down but atleast I can say something is done. I need to get some shopping done this week end coming hoping to put a big dent in my list then. ( hate having to wait til pay day.) Oh well such is life. As for OP not really happening although I am trying to cut back I have beenn avoiding the scales. Well I must go and check out the recipe sites and get a shower before I have to go to work tonight. Take care chicks.
Closed Thread