South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 01:18 PM   #1  

Default Hi!

Hi everyone, my name is Lauren, I'm 18, and I'm a college student. I lost about 10 lbs over the summer counting calories, and was on this website, alllll the time. Since starting college, I think I've put those ten pds back on, plus some. I want to lose this weight (about 25 lbs or so) the healthy way, and South Beach seems really healthy.
I have a couple of questions:

1) I eat in a cafeteria every day. The SBD stuff they have is (for phase 1, I havent really investigated phase 2 yet):
-veggie burgers (not sure of the nutrition info)
-chicken breasts (on some days, other days they have fried/breaded patties)
-salad (ill use vinegar as dressing)
-kidney beans at the salad bar
-non fat milk
-eggs (only in the morning, and h.b. eggs at the salad bar)
-peanut butter (could be loaded with sugar, dont know what kind it is)

.....and thats about it. Do you think I'm going to go out of my mind? What do you think I should keep in my fridge... I was thinking veggie burgers and low fat cheese sticks.
Old 11-28-2004, 04:24 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Hi Lauren... welcome!

Let's see... a list for your fridge... I'm just running out the door, but I'll start...

I recommend you getting a jar of natural peanut butter.
I'd keep some allowed snacks handy in case you "lose it", and are tempted to cheat.

Next?
Old 11-28-2004, 06:11 PM   #3  

Hi Lauren,

I'm pretty new here (just a few weeks) but my life-saver's at work have been celery bites and dry roasted peanuts. Possibly you would be able to pick up the celery sticks from the cafeteria and carry a small bag of peanuts. Makes a very good snack for between meals.

I'll look forward to hearing how you're doing.
Old 11-28-2004, 06:17 PM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Pistachios - 30 is a serving and you are allowed one serving a day.
Laughing cow cheese is great on celerey sticks.
You can also make hummus and have it on pepper pieces.
Old 11-28-2004, 07:23 PM   #5  
I vant to draw your blood

Hi Lauren! Welcome! If you like cottage cheese, keep that on hand, too. It's been a lifesaver for me. That and the HB eggs. Celery sticks and hummus, are great. For nuts, I like almonds. If your cafeteria has a salad bar, how about grabbing some of the broccoli, cauliflower and other greens to take along and stashing them in your fridge? Maybe keep a small bottle of sugar free salad dressing in there, too?

Hope that helps!

See you on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 11-29-2004, 07:59 AM   #6  
A Lily from my yard!

I Lauren! Welcome to the beach!
Old 11-29-2004, 06:21 PM   #7  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Hi,

Welcome to the beach! My suggestion for a list would be like everyone said celery sticks with laughing cow cheese. I double slice all my celery to get as much as I can out of it, then I keep it in water in the fridge. Small cans of V-8 or even large ones. Chicken Broth/Veggie broth cheap to buy but keeps the hunger pangs away. There are also Progresso Carb Conscious? soups. Low carb shakes - they aren't very cheap but they are good in a pinch. I get the EAS Cafe Carmel at Sams Club. Canned tuna or canned chicken to dump on your salad with your oil & vinegar. Low fat string cheese sticks.

Can you tell the cafeteria that you require a special diet? No sugar, fried or breaded foods? They may surprise you.

Good luck! You can make it work. You can also get big bags of Sam's choice collossal (sp?) pistachios at Walmart! They hold me over.
Old 11-30-2004, 11:54 AM   #8  

Thanks so much for all of your great ideas everyone. Anchor, I totally missed that we could have oil... My salads should be a lot more enjoyable now!!
Closed Thread