Old 11-25-2004, 04:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Desperate Housewives (SAHM's) #297 Turkey Day!!

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 04:21 AM   #2  

Default Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Happy Thanksgiving Ladies!!

I hope you all have a great holiday!! Remember to tell us what you are thankful for!!

I am thankful for:
A happy healthy family, a warm home, wonderful friends, cute pets
Old 11-25-2004, 08:07 AM   #3  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile I'm Thankful For...

, LOL!!!

Good morning ladies. HAPPY THANKSGIVING. This is my favorite holiday, I just LOVE the cooking, eating and visiting with family and friends.

We've been studying a Thanksgiving unit in our Bible curricula this week. It's taught us to be thankful in ALL circumstances and to remember to say "Thank You" to people when it's needed.
I'm thankful for...
my family
my friends
my 3fc family
the food we eat
the clothes we wear
the car I drive
the shelter we live in
the prospect of our new home
a God that cares and loves me
my wonderful, heaven sent kids
and most of all...I'm thankful for our good health. I have healthy kids and my family has always been healthy.

Thank you ladies for being the support and motivation that you are. You're more than that, though, as one finds out after being here for so long. I really don't get out much and I don't have many friends, but I have been able to depend on all of you for several months now. And after the first trimester of this pregnancy, this has been the best pregnancy I've ever had, I believe. And that could definitely be because I have all of you. So "thank you".

Okay, I slept so so. Andrew woke me up at 11 something, I woke up at 1 something, Andrew woke up at 3 something and I didn't get back to sleep until 4 and then got up at 640, when all 3 kids followed.
We will have breakfast and I'll clean the kitchen. Pick up the livingroom and make beds. I've got to fill the center of the cakeroll, bake the poppyseed cake, put the fruit salad together. Bathe the kids, polish their nails, fix their hair. Hope Andrew naps. Then I can get myself ready. So I'm gonna be busy this morning once I get started.

I sooooo hope you all have the best Thanksgiving ever.

"Thank You", Michelle, Spryng, Penny, Jill, Jaymi, Deana, Cindi, Geri, Ricci, Ginny, Mel, Cheri, Chris, Steph, Sherry, Angel, Amy, Roxy and Kristin for being a part of 3FC. And thank you to all you other desperate housewives.
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 09:04 AM   #4  

Happy Thanksgiving!! Thank you all for the warm welcome! I am thankful for so many things! Days like this help me realize how blessed I am.

Yesterday was a very long day. Everything went rather smoothly at my mom's. My 12 year old brother tends to get angry and can act out violently, once during the dya he started to head down that path. Luckily I was able to se eit coming and difuse the situation by asking him to be my helper and pass out papers. He was happy to be in charge of something so everything calmed down. I then came home did 30 min. on the treadmill and made a dessert to take to dinner this afternoon. We always celebrate this holiday at my husband's aunt's house. There will be 4 generations there, it's really rather cool. We're still considered the kids. We actually eat at the kids table, and this year our kids will be eating there with us

I started reading yesterday's posts but DH still isn't proficient at balancing two kids so I didn't get a chance. I will catch up as soon as I can. Right now though I am going to squeeze in my exercise while AJ and hubby are asleep. I'm letting my daughter sleep in since dinner is smack in the middle of her nap today.

I WISH ALL OF YOU A HAPPY, SAFE and WONDERFUL THANKSGIVING!!!!!!
~Misty
MistySeptember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 11:54 AM   #5  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

!!! HAPPY THANKSGIVING !!!

Hope everyone is getting all their cooking done and ready to go to enjoy the bounty with family or friends.

My cornucopia relish tray, layer salad and green beans are done. All I have left is to put things on the other relish tray. We have to leave in about an hour, so life is good right now. The kids have been a big help this morning and then went to play in the snow for a while. Dh worked last night so he can sleep about 30 more minutes then up to shower and get some coffee in him so he will be ready to eat.

I am so thankful for my healthy family, great 3fc friends, and the ability and motivation to make me a healthier person through losing weight. I know that I could not so it without all of you here. This has been the best thing to help me with motivation because I feel I have all of you to answer to each week at WI. I am also thankful for all that has turned around for my family in the last year. Dh got a better job making more than he ever has, not to mention that he loves where he works now. My children are happy, healthy and well educated.

Well, the relish tray isn't throwing itself together so I guess I have to do it .

I will try to get here later after we get home.

May everyone have a great day and safe travel to where you are celebrating.

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 01:30 PM   #6  

Just thought I would stop in and say hello!!

I just finished our green bean casserole, turkey is almost done, biscuits are cooking, stuffing, mashed potatoes, augratin potatoes, cranberry sauce, so we're almost ready to sit down and eat!! We always eat early on thanksgiving!!

I hope you are all having a great day!!
Love to all!!
Old 11-25-2004, 05:34 PM   #7  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Happy Thanksgiving

Have a great day ladies!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 07:56 PM   #8  
2BoysMom

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. We're getting ready to watch a Charlie Brown Thanksgiving as a family..how fun!

We ate around 3 or so and I'm still stuffed. Not a lot of leftovers...I forced much of it on my brothers .

I'm thankful for my happy, healthy family and all of you ladies!!! Love ya!

Thanks Cindi for the med advice. I was always afraid of mixing it with food because it would change the taste or dilute it too much...but I'll try it next time. I did manage to get in a tsp yesterday and he's so much better today...getting into everything as usual LOL. Hope everything works out for you at your job.

Take care ladies...I'm off for the night and then have to work in the morning. Check back in with you this weekend.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 08:12 PM   #9  
Jeniqua

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

I am Thankful to God for giving me a wonderful husband(even though he drives me nuts at time ), healthy children and the desire to want to eat healthy and lose weight. I am so greatful that I've found you ladies. I look forward to getting to know each and every one of you better. I believe that there's a time and a season for everything. Like Crystal I don't get out much so I too look forward to coming here everyday to see how my new found friends are doing..

I made dinner today and believe it or not just got done eating!! I made home made mac and cheese, home made stuffing, turkey(hubby did that), pineapple cake and sweet potato pie from scratch. It was very good! I didn't over do it though like I thought I would. Well I better get back to my family but all you ladies enjoy the rest of the evening!!
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 08:23 PM   #10  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Is everyone sitting around stuffed and can't move to the puter? I think I did pretty good today on my eating. The thing was as I sat there trying to allow myself to indulge because the holiday is only once a year, (and Curves is open tomorrow ), I kept thinking about how many calories were in everything on my plate. I ate turkey, oyster dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potato casserole, broccoli rice casserole and green beans...the portions weren't very big except for the turkey. The I waited about 2 hours and had a very small piece of chocolate torte (always a fave that wasn't very appetizing today since it's been so long) and a half slice of pumpkin pie. Then my evil SIL had to send cheesecake home with me , always a downfall. I waited til an hour after we got home and sat down and ate it. It was great! But tomorrow is back to the diet . The compliments from those I hadn't seen in several months were wonderful, so I know I have to get back to it to get that much farther by Christmas when I'll see them again.

Is anyone else planning to step on the scale tomorrow to see if they were bad....out of curiosity? I can tell myself all night that it isn't a good idea, but probably will anyway.

Hope everyone had a wonderful day and great food and family time.

See you all tomorrow after I go shopping, probably late afternoon or early evening. Our Christmas parade is at 6 tomorrow night so we'll be going to that.

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 10:07 PM   #11  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default whew!!!

If I eat like I did today, I will be the size fo 3 fat chicks all by myself!!

But like Deana said, it's one day, tomorrow is back to normal...or ev en better in my case. I haven't been doing so well. But that's okay, I am jumping back on the wagon!

Today we had all the good stuff you expect! We had a great dinner with great new friends!!

I, too, am so thankful for you all!! I have made some of the best friends I have here!! I miss you all while working, but I am learning to fit it all in, if you all can tolerate my short, less than supportive updates during the week!! I try to do better on weekends. I need to make it here, to be able to stay on plan and focus!

I hope you all had a great day too!! Let's all wake up with a new attitude tomorrow.

Love to you all!

Cindi
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 08:16 AM   #12  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Gonna start new a day See ya @ #299
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote