Old 11-23-2004, 02:44 PM   #1  
Crazy Canuck

Thumbs up TGTBT Soups

Attention Canucks (I don't think these are available in the USA). Now that we're truly into the winter weather, how about some warm and filling comfort food that's good for you?

I'm recommending President's Choice TGTBT (Too Good To Be True) ready-to-serve soups for when you just don't have the time (or inclination) to make homemade. They're great for a quick lunch, or, with the addition of more ingredients like fresh veggies and lean meat, as a base to a delicious stew.

Of all the "low everything" soups I've tried, these don't lose any flavour once all the "bad" stuff is taken out or reduced. I think what I like the best is how they all have reduced sodium along with the reduced fat and calories, and they're all a good source of fibre.

The ones I find yummiest are:

Pasta E Fagioli (1 cup serving = 130 calories, 1.9g fat, 5.7g protein, 400mg sodium, 4.9g dietary fibre)

Spicy Black Bean (1 cup serving = 140 calories, 2.1g fat, 6.1g protein, 400mg sodium, 8.8g dietary fibre)

Lentil (1 cup serving = 129 calories, 2.4g fat, 5.9g protein, 400mg sodium, 3.8g dietary fibre).

mmmmmmm....enjoy!
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 11:54 PM   #2  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

I've not seen those around so your probably right about them not being in the US. I love Wendys chili and it's only 200 calores and 5 grams of fat for there small and 300 and 7 for the large. Something about hot soup that just hits the spot when it's cold.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 11:21 AM   #3  
PamPSM644

I love good soup too but I've never seen these. Soup is quick and easy and theres some really good ones out there now. We don't have to settle for Cambells Condensed soup anymore.
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 06:11 PM   #4  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

I love all president's choice stuff. I never tried their soup.. seems like most of them are made with beans.. don't like beans.
But their cheese cake is to die for! Key Lime cheese cake yum!!!

here is their site: I've ordered gift baskets for christmas before - great deals.. cheap shipping.. and it's all in Canadian $$

http://www.sendpc.ca/
or
http://www.presidentschoice.ca/en/pr...roductId=15908
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 11:59 PM   #5  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Soups here in the US that are GREAT are the Campbell's Healthy Request. If you look at the sodium on a normal can of soup but Healthy Requests are awesome & still taste ok.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 09:26 PM   #6  
Live for the Moment!

Jill,

I keep seeing these but have yet to try them as I didn't know how they would be. I will definetly keep this in mind.. My toughest part of being on plan is trying to have healthy lunches that don't require much preparation. I will definetely add these to my next grocery shop.

Celina
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote