Old 11-24-2004, 08:27 AM   #1  
I'm a homeschool mama

Post Desperate Housewives (SAHM's) #296 WEDNESDAY

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 08:44 AM   #2  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile morning ladies

Hi ladies. This is a fly by for me now. I've got kids crying, fighting and throwing fits. I've got breakfast to make, beds to make and everything else. I'll sit down when everything is done and get personal.
TTYL
Old 11-24-2004, 09:11 AM   #3  

Hey guys....I got a busy day in front of me...we still havent started our school day AND we had friends and their children over last night and the kids DESTROYED the basement....TOYS everywhere..arghhh...so ya ...Thanks everyone for your responses for AF..which is TOM....AF= Aunt Flo. hehehe
My day yesterday was rainy....we stayed in and enjoyed the downtime ...today...raining..I am really starting to not like this downtime. lol...I was told yesterday that we are expecting snow here as well..argh...
as far as the weight gain with TOM...I have never seen soemthing like this..I got IT on sunday...I jumped on the scale on Monday and I had gained bloody 5 pounds! what what what. I almsot shot through the roof....I will be so sad if it stays....argh....

Yes 3 blankets to be done by christmas... not sure how thats going to work..lol
gotta go knit....lol

Phoenix
Phoenix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 09:25 AM   #4  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Morning Ladies!

Crystal,
Hope things slow down for you!

Phoenix,
I know I gain most of my weight right before TOM. I know you will get that back off fast. Drink you water and flush that TOM out

Hope you all have a great day..

Yes, Michelle I am making my dr.'s appt right now Gotta get my blood pressure checked

TTYL!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 09:33 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Girl Penny I was going to see if you had done that today. I have a question for you though lol, okay when I gained my weight my hands/fingers obviously got fat too, they have since slimmed down a little, I'm just trying to get an idea of what size my fingers will be at different weights, so what size ring do you wear now? I haven't gotten to wear my real wedding ring set in a long *** time

Good Morning to everyone, sorry I've got to cut this short but Teagan just threw up! BBL!
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 09:48 AM   #6  
I'm a homeschool mama

This is still going to be somewhat a quickie for me. We're eating breakfast now. Then clean the kitchen, pick up the livingroom and touch up the bathroom. Make beds, get all of us dressed and get school prepared.
I have an appt. for my hair cut this afternoon at 4 pm and am hoping so badly dh is home to watch the kids. He got a small side job that will pay so I won't be too upset if he's busy doing that. I'm tempted to take them with me if he's not. I'm just not sure how that will work with Andrew.
Didn't sleep well last night. Doubt I get a nap today and then I've got to start cooking some Thanksgiving stuff to have ready for tomorrow.

Mel, sorry you're so busy. I'm in charge of desserts for dh's family's Thanksgiving tomorrow. I've got to make the Pumpkin cakeroll today because it has to cool all night before I put the creme inside. Then in the morning, I'll make the poppyseed cake and the pink stuff fruit salad. Then we'll celebrate with my family on Friday and I make the same stuff for that.

Roxy, I have three kids, one on the way and I homeschool. I don't think it can slow down any. Don't get me wrong, I have some times during the day to slow down, but sometimes if you slow down, you can't get going again if you have more things to do. Does that make since?

Michelle, my fingers have gotten fatter too, but not too terribly bad. When dh bought my real wedding ring which was on our 5th anniversary it was an 8. After one of the kids and I lost some weight I had to have it resized to a 7 and that has fit me ever since. Even through my weight gain. Sometimes I think my fingers are chubby and other times I look at them and they're not. Oh well. What are you doing tomorrow?

Penny, what are you doing tomorrow to celebrate Thanksgiving? Hope you have a good one.

Hello to Sherry, Steph, Misty, Spryng, Jill, Jaymi, Cheri, Deana, Chris and all you other Desperate Housewives.

Okay, that's all I can do for now. TTYL
Old 11-24-2004, 09:52 AM   #7  

OK OK I"M Here ladies! I'm so sorry I haven't had time to post. I've been so darn tired. Exhuasted really. If I didn't just have tom, i'd think otherwise. I think I am just running myself ragged. Anyway, I have another busy day today. My house is a wreck and I have a child's bday party and have to get ready to go to my mothers tomorrow for thanksgiving. I hope you are all well. I did skim yesterdays posts.

Welcome MIsty!

Michelle, all those siggys are adorable. Sorry you have to work tomorrow, hope you get extra pay....

Penny, Hey girl!

Crystal, what r u'r plans for tomorrow?

Cindi, I mailed your present...You will have it Friday or Saturday. Hope you like it!

Deana, I guess we've both been busy bee's. How's curves going. Funny, thought I'd tell ya, even though you joined already. Minute Rice has a coupon for 75 dollars off.

Anyway, I have a little one calling... Love to you all. I promise I'll get with it soon!
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 09:53 AM   #8  
a.k.a. Roxy

Good morning!

Well...after breaking my sink yesterday, I had to be careful that no one used it (cause it doesn't hold water) so I kept running into the kitchen yelling if I heard running water. It could be two or three weeks before I get that replaced. It was a composite sink, "granitestone" like Corian, well somethinglike it, not ssteel or enamel. Still can't believe I broke the dang thing! I'm so excited!! My son is coming home for his visit tonight!!
Hopefully they will not be turned back by snow. I have two apple pie to make today, cranberry sauce, pumpkin cheesecake, a relish tray (cornucopia), and dinner rolls. DD will bake the rolls and help me with some of it. That is the nice thing about having older children...they actually are useful when they get older, I might add if trained properly. I always made them work even when they were very little, just to help. Even when I ended up redoing things later when they weren't watching.

Michelle- DUH! Server...DUH! It has to be generated from somewhere!

Note to self: Read other people's posts more carefully!

Okay, I think we're penetrating skull now. I'll go and download Photobucket. I can't get it before 11 their time. What are the benefits to buying it besides the storage? Do you get to create cool things? Btw- my Aunt (that you lit a candle for) ended up getting a transfusion, she feels better now and is out of the hospital for the time being. The thing that really stinks (if it can get worse) her ONLY child, her DD, has MS and can hardly help her anymore to lift her and take care of her. We are all wondering if they are going to call hospice and get help. So far...they are trying to do everthing themselves!
Thanks for the prayers. How's your warrior? Did he like the tickets? You are so generous!

Crystal- sounds like you have your hands full this morning! Hope to talk to you later, are you very busy today making food?

Phoenix- Aunt Flo! That's funny! I forgot about that one! I'm glad we are learning some Canadian slang so if I ever get to Canada I can talk like a native. I'll order some poutine and pick up something for my evil AF! Maybe by that time, I be having hot flashes! Don't worry about the weight, just don't weigh yourself anymore when Aunt Flo comes to town, what an annoying relative she is anyway!

I'll be around...inbetween doing stuff but I'll peek in from time to time. TTYL

~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 10:07 AM   #9  
a.k.a. Roxy

Wow! Four of you got in while I was finishing my novel!

Crystal- all of yours are little. I just remember what it was like when mine were and I didn't have any help. I always felt like I was constantly running! Sorry I can't help but worry a little. Do you think when you have time, (not today!) that you could share that pumkin roll recipe with us? I really sounds so yummy, you had me when you said creme inside!

Hi Penny-are you busy today too? Have a good one!

Mel- no rest for the weary today,huh? Hope you get all your stuff done!

~Roxy
Old 11-24-2004, 10:13 AM   #10  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Morning ladies,
I got to sleep in a bit. How nice can that be? I don't have to work today so I'm going to get everything done around here that needs to be done. Tiana did all the laundry last night. Bless her heart.

Crystal-Sounds like you're one busy mom today. Hope you have a great day.

Roxy-So how are you going to wash all those dishes from your baking? Iremember when our sink froze in our previous home ( a double wide mobile) and had to wash the dishes in the bathtub. If that wasn't a pain in the behind. It looks like I got off easy with the TG prep. My mom is making all the pies and my sister is making her jello dessert. All I have to do is stuff the turkey, brown the dinner rolls, and make a relish tray and mashed potatoes. I don't have to do anything that requires alot of brain cells.

Mel-Been missing you girl. Hope you have a great day!

Penny-Morning to you too.

Michelle-Poor Teagan. Doesn't it seem that when the holidays roll around, one always gets sick? It never fails around here. BTW, read your post yesterday. It's not bad bad here. We have some snow on the ground and its been in the 20's at night. I'm going to die when it hits below zero. I'm already whining.

Well I found a new game site to play so I'm going to check it out a bit before I exercise. I need to slooowwwly wake up.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 10:16 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Oh Roxy, you don't have to download Photobucket just go to www.photobucket.com and sign up for a free account, then you can store images on their server The advantages to paying for a subscription is that you get much much more space than you do if you have the free account, I paid 25 dollars for a year, and I can use my images all over the web I'm glad your aunt is feeling better, they should think about calling hospice, they'll help with making sure she is comfortable and eating, or not eating (long explanation on that one lol) but they are extremely helpful. My grandfather passed away while on hospice care and every year we try and make it to the hospice tree lighting here in my town and make a donation and light a candle for him. Oh also, photobucket doesn't let you create images, but lets you store them, if you are looking for a good program for creation check out paintshop pro or adobe photoshop I have both of them but prefer paintshop.

Crystal I have sausage link fingers now lol, but actually I could get my rings resized again but I don't want to keep doing it if my fingers are going to slim down anymore. I was always a size 5 ring before but I don't think I'll get my fingers down to that size again.

Mel we missed you girly!!! Take a rest and get a bath or something to relax

Okay I gotta go, Teagan has now climbed inside the dishwasher.
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 10:38 AM   #12  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good Morning Ladies!

NASTY DAY here! It snowed last night, it's a wet sticky snow and there's about 3 inches of the crap out there. I hate snow, can ya tell?

Kind of a fly by for me, and will get personal later. I didn't have the energy to do the cornucopias last night so I got up this morning and did one for preschool. It's still in the oven and we have to leave in about 20 minutes, sooooo I guess it will still be warm when we get there....ugghhhh! I procrastinate wayyyyyy too much!

I'll be back later.

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 10:54 AM   #13  
a.k.a. Roxy

Thanks for the additional information Michelle!
I'm going to give that a try later, DS (Mr. Graphic Artist, who by the way doesn't have time to make me something!) has programs that I do not know how to use. Adobe, some kind of animator well ... others he has to show me. At school, all they use are Mac programs because of the vectors instead of pixels. Hopefully, he'll impart some of his wisdom with the less fortunate! There is no reason to explain about the lack of appetite. Lost my Father 12 years ago to bone cancer, lost my FIL 9 years ago to pancreatic cancer, lost my very good (young!) friend 2 yrs. to a very agressive breast cancer, only had it 3 months from start to finish, Of course my Aunt, and now a member of our parish has esophagial cancer, has a time frame of now doc said 2-3 weeks. That's why I get so excited about Christopher and all those others who beat that BEAST.

~Roxy
Old 11-24-2004, 11:13 AM   #14  
2BoysMom

Morning ladies

Deana..what are the cornucopia's made out of? Hope it comes out fine since you have to leave with it right away. I don't know why, but I'm looking forward to snow this year. Maybe because of the boys. Will had so much fun last year. We have a hill in our front yard that is perfect for sledding for little ones. The sled stops at the bottom of the ditch and never makes it into the road. We don't have much traffic anyway. We're supposed to get the rain from that storm. Maybe we'll get a dusting on the grass, but that's it.

Michelle, you're so talented! One of these days I'll have to play with my photoshop...I paid enough for it, I really should use it! These days I am fighting Will for computer time. The little sh*t can really fly with the mouse. It cracks me up! He goes onto pbs.com and plays the games. I never even touched a computer until I was in high school and was a senior before the school got an apple with a b&w screen. OK all of you .... stop laughing! I'M OLD, I KNOW . Teagan must be feeling better after throwing up if she climbed into the dishwasher!

Sorry to not get personal with everyone, but Tony's still sick and wants more attn than ever! I'm typing one handed right now. Mom's still sick too and may not make it to dinner tomorrow. We always have dinner here. I started cooking years ago. My parents were divorced and my brothers and sister and Dad would come over to my place and I would cook. My Dad's gone now, Mom's back in town and I still do the cooking. To me it's an easy meal to cook. We have the turkey (of course), stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole, corn, rolls and pumpking pie and usually another dessert. Today while Tony's napping, Will & I will make an apple pie. Won't be a whole group this year. My siblings are so screwed up...my dh always says that I must be adopted . My older brother and nephew will be here (he's divorced), my younger sister & her 2 daughters (twice divorced) won't be here..I won't get into why... my younger brother is coming for dessert with his gf and her 4 kids (from I don't know how many different father's but I think she's been married twice already and they're planning on marrying...he's divorced too). Mom's sick so may not make it either. Then there is me...only married once...for life I might add . It's not the divorces and marriages so much as the bad choices they tend to make in their lives...I could go on and on and on and on... how their kids are turning out normal so far is beyond me...must be good genes

OK, that's enough out of me. I got in about 1.5 miles of my 3 mile walk this morning before my nose was running so badly that I had to stop. It's the 1st exercise in 1.5 weeks since this cold started. I felt bad stopping, but there's always tomorrow morning before I start cooking.

Does anyone have any secrets to getting their kids to take medicine? Will loves it and will ask for seconds. Tony spits it back out. I went to Walgreen's last night looking for the kind with the strips that melt on the tounge. Talked with the pharmacist and they don't make it for little ones. Triaminic has it with an antihistimine so you can't give it to little guys. Ended up with Ibuprofin cold and got about 3/4 of a tsp in him. This morning couldn't even get 1/4 in him. Will was mad I wasn't giving him any...if only I could combine the two

Congrats to any losers out there and welcome Misty!!

Gotta run. TTYL
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 11:15 AM   #15  
I'm a homeschool mama

Wow, just checking in and there were like a million posts.
Roxy, that recipe is a pain the bu** to make, but it's really worth it because it is soooooooo good. And when dh's grandmother asked for it specifically I knew it was good if a GRANDMA was requesting it. Everyone requests it because they don't want to make it, lol. Yes I'll share that recipe at some point.

Chris, hope you have a great day too.

Deana, I don't know who's weather is worse. It didn't snow here, BUT it's rained for the last two days so it's soaking wet outside. And today, no rain but the wind is blowing 25 mph and gusting to 30. It's in the 40's outside and my house is so old it has a ton of drafts. We keep warm, but you can still feel those drafts. The weather here is terrible.

Well, my mil said if dh wasn't going to be around for me to get my haircut to let her know and she'd come stay with the kids. I'll tell you, I used to complain about her alot because she was like NEVER available, but here lately she is ALWAYS there when I need her and offers ALL the time. I'm really lucky. So either way, I should get my hair cut today without taking the kids out in this weather.
Okay, school is prepared so we're gonna get started. TTYL