Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-22-2004, 07:32 PM   #1  
Samantha

Default Not new, but trying to start again!

Hey guys!

I am not new to this site by any means, in fact have found many people in here to be very inspiring.
I have fallen off, though, and could really use some help to get motivated again. I was doing so good, then, well, I don't really know what happened, but I stopped going to the gym & haven't been eating right. The only thing that I have stuck to is not drinking cokes anymore. I could write a million excuses for my behavior, but I know that noone here would buy any of them. I know that I need to stop making excuses & just get back on track, but I can't seem to find the motivation to do it again.
I guess I am starting this thread in hopes of finding friends that can help me here. I am not asking for a babysitter, I am just asking for people to post here about anything in their lives, people I can relate to, and feel accountable to.

Sam
Samantha2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 08:17 PM   #2  
my dad made me1 from wood

Hi Sam,
My name is Heather.
Where in Texas do u live? I live in just north of austin.
I had stop doing my exercising and dieting too, for about 4months I gained like 26lbs during that time.
I found that posting here has help me out a lot, I am now doing a my own version of the ww points and me and my husband and I go to the rec center down here we do the weight room and play racquetball it very funny I would love to chat with you anytime.
Take care,
Heather
scorchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 10:23 PM   #3  
Samantha

Heather - thanks for posting!!! I live in Amarillo, but grew up down by Austin in a town called Marble Falls - ever heard of it?
Old 11-22-2004, 10:57 PM   #4  

my sister lives in blanco which isn't to gar from marble falls its on our way to her house. I live in georgetown.
Old 11-23-2004, 12:06 AM   #5  
Samantha

Cool - I have been to Georgetown, many times, in fact. Actually, I believe I had to go there to take my SATs when I was in highschool for some reason. It is beautiful down there. Lots of history in Georgetown.

Anyways, what diet plan are you on?
Old 11-23-2004, 09:36 AM   #6  
mom2_5

Hey Sam,
I fell off the wagon a few weeks ago and went HOG wild. LOL
Emotions control my eating habits and I am trying to overcome that.
I figure I have to give myself some slack right now. I am going to get over this one day (Thanksgiving) and move on from there. I will eat whatever I want that day but then get right back to what I was doing before. Fall and winter seem to be comfort food season. WE CAN both do this!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Kim
wildblue_yonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 12:22 PM   #7  

Hi ladies- sorry to barge in on your thread, but I was just reading through it. Man, thanksgiving and then Christmas in a row! I am really gonna need some self control here.I have been working out now for almost 6 months. I havent gotten on the scale in a few months because I had to stop keeping track of LBz for a while. I was loosing inches like crazy but I was not loosing any pounds. It was starting to get to me and get depressing because I was trying so hard. I finally decided that I was gonna nix the scale for a while. I don't want anything getting in my way. Theres no way I am gonna let 6 months go to waste. So far Ive lost about 30 body inches. All my clothes are hanging and I've rewarded myself with a a few new pieces of clothing. Well girls, keep posting!

N.
piink rockz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 05:46 PM   #8  
Samantha

Welcome everyone! I was hoping that people would post here to help me out! Let's pull together for the next few weeks, because everyone knows the holidays are the hardest time!! With all of the sweets & food, God help us!!!

What is everyones plan to stay on track?

Sam
Old 11-23-2004, 10:18 PM   #9  

Moderation is the key word! That and self control... which we all have somewhere deep inside of us! Don't deprive yourself of anything, because you are more than likely to just cave in one day and go on a vicious binge. So SAMPLE anything your mouth just absolutley can't go without trying, but learn to keep it within reson, and remember, there are some foods that you can eat more of without hurting your progress, and eat healty and sensible for at least six days per week, and keep up on your excersize, and you should survive this dreaded time that can sometimes be suiced for someone trying to lose weight!
JessieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 10:20 PM   #10  

Hi Sam and all.

One of the best lessons I have ever learned is MFA = motivation follows action. Motivation wont fall from the sky and get you moving. YOu have to make it start yourself. If you want to feel motivated, you need to just start doing something in the right direction, no matter how small, and motivation will grow from there. Starting this thread was a good first step. What will be your second? Perhaps merely eating more vegetables tomorrow. Then add a brief walk the next day, and so forth.

You dont have to be perfect, or full on program from day one, just make some baby steps in the right direction, and the rest will follow. Its up to you.

Jan
jansan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 12:15 AM   #11  

Hey girls, I'm glad I came back and checked in. Replies, yay! Jessie I agree, if you really want something go ahead and have it. Ive heard of the 3 bite rule, has anyone else? If youre dying for some cake or pie or something, cut a small piece, eat 3 bites and dump it. I heard you really only satisfy the craving within the first 3 bites. After that Its just about the eating. I try to keep that in mind if I really feel like I cant pass something up. But once in a while, if u really want it, its ok. Indulging can be ok on occasion, if its that good it might be worth being a cheater. I hate when I cheat and it wasnt even that good, what a waste! Anyway, is everyone drinking their 8 cups a day? I just finished mine. I did strength training, tomorrow Im going to Curves. We should try to post our activity it could help to know what each other is up to.
-N
piink rockz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 01:54 AM   #12  

Welcome Everyone,
Today was so busy...
Tomorrow gonna be even worse lol..
I am following the old version of the ww points(free to expensive for me to pay for right now)
I agree I think we all should come together to support each other.
Jan u r so right baby steps baby steps....
I haven't heard of the 3 bit rule, it sounds interesting think I'll try it.
Well so far I have saved 13pnts extra for thanksgiving I have 7 more pnts I want to save so I can eat what I want and not feel guilty.
Today I did the treadmill, steppers, and stationary bike... Tomorrow me and my hubby going go to the gym and work out.
Piink I used to doing curcuit training I really enhoyed it.
What is everyone else doing not to feel so guilty on Thanksgiving?
I must go play mario party 5 with my hubby and my nephew talk to u girls later,
Heather
Old 11-24-2004, 03:03 AM   #13  

Christmas is always a big meal time over here for christmas in australia, especially when you have to go in between two families for it! I've heard that turkey isn't all that bad for you and I think as long as you don't over stuff yourself just because it's a special occasion that you'll be ok...

We don't have thanksgiving over here in australia!
Kewwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 09:50 PM   #14  
Samantha

Hello ladies!!

Things have been okay for me, I haven't been to the gym again yet, but I have been keeping myself busy with housecleaning & stuff. I am trying to do well on my eating, & I figure my calories are actually pretty low, even though it's not because I eat right. For example, yesterday I didn't eat anything all day long until evening, when I ate a hamburger from sonic with a coke. Not a good meal, right? But even if that has 1000 calories in just that, that's all that I had for the whole day. I need to figure out better habits, eat more frequently, to avoid eating out of convenience, which was exactly what that was.
Anyways, the gym will be closed until Saturday, so I will have to find things around the house to keep me burning calories, instead of just being lazy!

Thanks so much for the replies!! I really appreciate how supportive everyone here is!!!

Sam
Old 11-24-2004, 11:41 PM   #15  

Hey girls,
If u have stairs or u can u something about 4inches high and wide enough u can step on and do it as a stepper. At ur house go up and down on them for about 5minutes that a great exercise plus u can fill up two water bottles and use them as weights while u go up and down.
Well I saved 24pnts for Thanksgiving yippeeee... I've been cooking all day getting stuff ready for tomorrow. We went to the gym today got a good workout there plus I think I'm gonna do some treadmill or stepper.
Take care all,
Heather