South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2004, 06:54 AM   #1  
I vant to draw your blood

Default TGIF Beach Chat 11/19

Good morning, Chickies~~

Another post and run day. Gotta fly outta here to the gym, then off to the lab. Then from there to face Miss Mary with empty hands. This week has been horrid...Murphy has ruled and writing has been at the bottom of my priority list...wrong, I know, but hopefully that will be fixed soon.

Okay, I'm gone.

You chicks be good. Have a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 11-19-2004, 07:12 AM   #2  

Good morning, everyone!

Well, since my cheat last weekend after Phase 1, I have lost the pound I gained...but nothing more. So this third week of South Beach Diet is a week of no loss basically.

It really bums me out, because I was hoping to lose 2 pounds this week and get down to 132. I haven't been eating salads all week like I did in the first 2 weeks, but I haven't really cheated either (though I ate a crab cake for lunch yesterday). Ooooh well.

I took spinning classes Mon, Wed, Thurs and have ones scheduled for today and tomorrow, too! So hopefully that exercise will help to speed up this process--I really want to make my November goal!! (2.5 more pounds to lose I believe). Maybe I'll weigh myself on Monday and see what 2 more days may have done.

Sorry I'm being whiny this morning...

Lauren
Old 11-19-2004, 07:28 AM   #3  
A Lily from my yard!

Morning chicks! Not much to report. I'm in slow mo!
Good Morning Mama hopefullt she won't be tooooo hard on ya!
LaurLaur... I go through that all the time. Right now I am showin like a 3lb gain and have been OP! Do you go to the bathroom regular (don't mean to get to personal) casue I have not been and I know that's what it is for me. Just a thought!

To the rest of you chickies to come... Howdy & Have a great Friday!
Old 11-19-2004, 07:30 AM   #4  
Trapped Skinny Person

Mornin All

Almost to the end of my 3rd and final week on Phase 1 (Sunday). I am still at an 8 lb loss, which is fine. I am feeeling better and really haven't been tempted to cheat.

I plan to buy some whole wheat bagels on Sunday and have half of one toasted on Monday morning. I really have missed warm toast. I will do Phase 1.5, and only add a heavy carb back every other day.

I haven't tried whole wheat pasta before - any reviews?
I also read somewhere, that it is better to have the good (bad?) carbs, ww bread, pasta, brown rice etc...earlier in the day to allow your body to use them up instead of storing them. So eating WW bread in the morn would be better than eating ww pasta in the evening - again any advice on that?

We have our local Santa Claus parade tomorrow morning - but alas, instead of freezing our buns off, we will be warm but wet - high of 14 expected but rain URG!

Have a good day and weekend all.
Sending "fat melting" vibes to all

Kim
Old 11-19-2004, 07:38 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Wow! I slept in again. Actually I was up at 5, did the Doggie Duties and then went back to bed. I have to scurry now as Miss Lucy is due at the fur stylist in a half hour. Be back in a bit.
Old 11-19-2004, 07:57 AM   #6  
i luv my dog!

Mornin' chickies,

Bups, thanks for the "fat melting" vibes. I could sure use them. I've been feeling stuck lately, in more ways than one - LOL.

This week at work people brought in sweet treats three days in a row It must be the season because usually these people wouldn't cook if they don't have to. I was not OP for two of those days and I'm terribly dissapointed, but have gotten back OP today and will be staying there.

Today we're having a bout of wacky weather, with wind gusts of over 40mph. It knocked over our grill, our neighbor's satellite dish, and a whole bunch of large potted plants. A while ago it sprinkled frozen rain, and then recently offered a dusting of snow. The sky has ominous gray and dark clouds with a lovely blue background. OK, enough already, just plain cold will do, thank you.

We had a new sofa set delivered today and one of the delivery men bumped into the vacuum cleaner and it fell over and broke the little plastic piece that lets you store the wand upright on the base. bummer. I guess I'll survive. The good thing is one of the guys said he will buy the old sofa, so I sure hope he comes back to get it and that will be one less thing to worry about.

I was researching "bowel movement" products on the internet and came across a product called Oxy-Powder. Here is what the web site says:
Oxy-Powder is a full intestinal cleanser which has been formulated to melt away and oxidize compaction in the bowel and provide oxygen to the intestinal tract and bloodstream. Oxy-Powder doesn’t just clean out the colon, it cleans the colon, small intestine, and large intestine—all without the side effects of laxatives or psyllium based cleansers. While psyllium and other fiber products simply scrape matter out through the center of a clogged colon, Oxy-Powder removes old, impacted fecal matter as it detoxifies and cleans the entire intestinal tract.
Have any of you ever heard of this or tried anything like it? Just wondering.

Happy Friday ladies and have a great ON-PLAN weekend. Ta Ta For Now.

Last edited by a broad abroad; 11-19-2004 at 08:06 AM.
Old 11-19-2004, 08:29 AM   #7  
Palm tree/Beach fanatic

Morning Ladies. Happy Friday! I'm really tired. I'm also bummed I was up 5lbs yesterday from the week before last. I restarted Ph 1 Tuesday but not enough time I guess. I'm a little worried that Ph1 isn't for me, every time I've tried, I've come up with a health issue. Wednesday, I started with a UTI. So yesterday, I begin Ph 2 early. I'm just going to follow it and see what happens.

Ruth - good for you sleeping in. How's is going with both your babies home?

Bamie - maybe a broad Oxy stuff would help???

A Broad - I've never heard of it. I have a giant bottle of SF metamuil waiting to be had. Perhaps, I should try it???

Bups - I love WW pasta. My DH hates it, but oh well. It's heavier than regular but I enjoy it. I just bought pasta made from soybeans, I'll let you know how they are. I had thought I read that Dr. A said not to eat the grains/fruits early on. Am I confused?

Mama - The writing will come, don't worry. Inspirational thoughts coming your way...

LaurLaur - good job on the workouts. The losses will come, sometimes they appear in slow motion.

To all those to come, have a great day!

Palm
Old 11-19-2004, 08:44 AM   #8  
A Lily from my yard!

Oh abroad let me know if you try it or where you buy it! It sounds like it would be exactly what I need! lol I'm gonna try looking it up. Thanks for the info! New furniture how exciting. I don't want new mine is fairly new but I want a couple of chairs to add a sitting/reading/talking area in my living room. This one is plenty big enough to do that.
UAPT... Don't be discouraged. It takes time to for your body to adjudt to this woe. It has been so used to junk that it is in shock without it. Just do what you can! Make sure you are drinkin lots of water to help fluch the toxins. Stay in it girl! teehee
Old 11-19-2004, 09:09 AM   #9  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Good morning all!

I can't believe that I missed posting yesterday! I feel like I've been gone forever! I had my first meeting yesterday at 7:30 am and never stopped working until 8 pm. I didn't even have my first meal (besides a shake) until 3pm. I'm surprised I'm not starving today.

A Broad & Bami - watch out for that kind of stuff. It can really make your bowels messed up. I took some for awhile - it said pretty much the same thing and it can be very dangerous. When you have to go - YOU HAVE TO GO NOW! It doesn't matter if it is 5 miles from home. I knew every public toilet from work to home and vice versa.

Take care chickies!
Old 11-19-2004, 09:18 AM   #10  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Me back again!

I just read yesterday's posts. Bups - great idea on the tofu. Let me know how it works out. Love Lasagna! Tofu is supposed to absorb the flavors of what you cook it in so that might work out well. My mouth is already watering. Maybe I should eat more today than I did yesterday!
Old 11-19-2004, 09:21 AM   #11  

Height: 5'-2"

Hey, girls!

Quickie... just heading off to the hardware store.
I was ripping apart the old kitchen cabinets yesterday and hit a water pipe. Water all over the damned place. DH managed to cap it reasonably quickly. Well, let's just say it took less than two hours. heh heh.

Gotta run... love you all...
Old 11-19-2004, 09:42 AM   #12  

I've had problems with constipation on South Beach but what works for me is the Sugar Free Metamucil. I drink a glass with breakfast and another glass with dinner and I am fine. If that isn't enough then it is a sign that I've had too much cheese or chocolate.

Everyone in my family loves the whole wheat pasta. It does take a little longer to cook but it didn't take us long to get used to it. I use Hodgson Mills and I order some from their web site because certain types are hard to find locally like shells and bowtie. Their whole wheat egg noodles were wonderful in the Beef Stroganoff the other night. I have pasta at dinner and sometimes for lunch. I just make sure I have lots of vegetables with it so I'm not eating quite as much pasta.

My loss didn't speed up until I increased my exercise and now that I haven't worked out as much the last couple of weeks, my loss has slowed. But I have my gym bag and will be there after work if my pager doesn't go off on the way home like it has twice this week. Come Monday I am on vacation and can really concentrate on exercise (and housecleaning).
Old 11-19-2004, 09:51 AM   #13  
Almost 20 lbs gone 4ever!

Good morning ladies!! Still going strong on Phase One and feeling good about it!! Doesn't seem as hard this time around. Anyway, not showing a loss yet but it's that time of the month, so I'll give it until Monday!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

lauren
Old 11-19-2004, 10:17 AM   #14  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning ladies-

I am actually kind of bummed -- I need to cancel my gym membership. I haven't gone in 2 months (I was away for 4 of those weeks) but on top of that, I simply can't afford it anymore.

I want to wallow in it but refuse to. I need to get back on this horse!!! So, I've taken baby steps thus far like using the stairs at work and climbing up the escalator as well as down. I've been walking a lot more too.

I went clothes shopping this weekend and, despite my gain, I can fit into a size 14/16 in Lane Bryant on top but even more miraculous? A size 14 at Old Navy in jeans!!!!

It was all the motivation I need.

I will hit the gym Saturday for possibly the last time in a while. The good news is I will be saving the $67 a day (and that's the Y people!!!) and my friend has a small "gym" in her apartment complex -- so on weekends I can go.

If it is too late to cancel because they are going to charge for the month, I will have one last month to make it count. I am bummed, but need to snap out of it.

I am going to NY for turkey day, but for Christmas am here in DC alone. December is going to be my month ladies. Virgin numbers, here I come!!!
Old 11-19-2004, 06:47 PM   #15  
Conquering with SBD

I'm just stopping for a quick cuppa, then trying to get DH to take me home from work.

This week has been hectic, but I did manage to get some things cleaned up that have been sitting on my desk for ages. And, one of the projects that I have been working on since spring is just about finished. The biggest delay was getting the approval from the Vice President to spend 150,000, but I finally got the money and everything is installed. AND it was all done during 3 days that the boss was away. Things just go much easier when he is gone.

I was at the gym at 6:00 this morning to meet with my trainer. She is such a cutie but works me waaaaay tooooo hard. She had me doing plyometrics (however you spell that) on Tues morning, and I hurt absolutely everywhere. They were so easy at the time, but the next day was absolute murder. I have to do an assessment next week to evaluate whether the program is working for me, but I did notice that my abs are more toned than they were. That has always been a sore point for me because they have always been flabby and doubled over. So, if I keep up with the program, it should work well. I just don't want to be doing it at 6:00 am.

Well, I'm off... Have a great weekend everyone.
Closed Thread