South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2004, 10:01 AM   #1  

Default Nestle - No Sugar Added Hot Cocoa

I know we discussed this before, but I can't for the life of me find the thread.. so I'm sorry if this is a silly question..

what was the final decision with the no sugar-added (splenda sweetended) hot cocoa mix? Was it okay but count it towards your sweets calories? Or did it get decided that it's not SBD approved.

If you happen to have the link to the thread, just posting that as a reply would suffice.

Thanks gals

Last edited by fireflynova; 11-19-2004 at 12:38 PM.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:08 AM   #2  
Almost 20 lbs gone 4ever!

Last we looked at something like this in the store we noticed there were sugars (maybe 6?) listed. So, I've been kaing cocoa just abou teverynight this week with skim milk, a healping teaspoon of regular, unsweetened cocoa powder and three packet os splenda -- it's delish! And just as easy!

Lauren
Old 11-19-2004, 10:09 AM   #3  

I thought the sugars were natural ones (like from the cocoa) .. I'll have to look at my box and post the ingredients.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:11 AM   #4  
Almost 20 lbs gone 4ever!

Oh, yes, maybe. If I rmember right, though, doesn't the plain cocoa powder have no sugars? I can't check cuz I'm not at home, but I thought that's what I remembered.

lauren
Old 11-19-2004, 11:48 AM   #5  

I've got a box of Nestle No Sugar Added Hot Cocoa Mix here at work. It has 50 calories, 0 total fat, 0 saturated, 0 cholesterol, 180 mg of sodium, 10 g of total carbs, less than 1 g of dietary fiber, 8 grams of sugar (from lactose-milk sugar) and 2 g of protein. 30% of daily calcium

Ingredients are dairy product solids, nonfat milk, cocoa processed with alkali, calcium carbonate, cellulose gum, partially hydrogenated canola oil, salt, sodium aluminosilicate, artificial flavor, sodium caseinate (from milk), sucralose, sodium phosphase, acesulfame potassium (nonnutritive sweetener).

I've been limiting it to once a week or less. My store didn't have the Swiss Miss - No Sugar Added so I would be interested in how they compare.
Old 11-19-2004, 12:35 PM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I use a small amount (1/3 of a serving) in my instant coffee on those mornings when I need "a warm hug on a cold day"!
Old 11-19-2004, 12:39 PM   #7  

Oh drat - Barb you're right, it's Nestle not Swiss Miss (I didnt' even notice when I bought it ) I was thinking once or twice a week would be fine, on those really cold mornings we're starting to get.

Ruth, that's a good idea I'm going to try that!
Old 11-19-2004, 12:59 PM   #8  
A Lily from my yard!

I have the Swiss Miss No Sugar Added. Here is the list of everything in it!
Calories 60
Total Fat 1g
Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium 170mg
Total Carbs 10g
Dietary fiber 1g
Sugars 7g
Protien 2g
Ingredients: Modified Whey, Nonfat Dry Milk, Cocoa (processed with alkali), Maltodextrin, Partially Hydrgenated Soybean Oil, Calcium Carbonate
Less than 2% of: Salt, Carrageenan, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sucralose (Splenda Brand) Natural and Artificial Flavors, Polysorbate 60, Acesulfame Potassium
Contains: Milk
Old 11-23-2004, 02:10 PM   #9  

Bamiegirl, the hydrogenated soybean oil is a no-no I think.
Old 11-24-2004, 09:39 AM   #10  
A Lily from my yard!

OHHHHH! Thanks Wendyjo! I have only had one cup of it I think if even that. It seems like I used it in my coffee. Well I guess I'll throw it out cause ds will only drink the "good" stuff and dd does not like chocolate.
Closed Thread