Old 11-18-2004, 07:47 AM   #1  
I'm a homeschool mama

Post Desperate Housewives (SAHM's) #290 ~Thursday~

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight .
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 07:57 AM   #2  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Morning ladies.

Haven't had my coffee yet. I'm only wanting some this morning because I'm cold. I might can go with out it for a bit, but I will have some later, that's for sure.
I slept okay, Andrew woke up a couple of times. But all in all, a usual night.

Jill, I am absolutely soooo sorry about your day. Yes, my fil's little one stayed with me once and was barefoot and dropped a canned good on her toe. Her toenail turned black and finally fell off, months later. The another time she stayed with me, she was standing on a bench in my kitchen and I didn't see her and it tumped over and bumped her little head, had a small mark and all. This was the same baby and something happened both times she was here. So yes it happens and it's only normal to happen. As long as the other parent understands things happen and they should. Hope today is better for you.

Ginny, sorry to hear about the cat waking you up. That was your alarm I guess. Hope you have a good day.

Okay, I've been on here too long and Andrew has a dirty diaper and I need my contacts instead of these glasses so I'll be back later to check in. I'm staying home all day so see you all around.
Old 11-18-2004, 09:53 AM   #3  
a.k.a. Roxy

Good Morning!
It looks like it's going to be a good one here! Sun, I see sun! We are suppose to go SHOPPING today!!!! okay, I'll calm down, I just never get out to much. BTW it not my favorite kind of shopping it's Christmas shopping. Don't take me wrong, I LOVE Christmas. I really don't like shopping for it for the children though. As time goes on it gets harder and harder for me to find toys worthy of spending money on. Cheap junk, is usually what I find. I like puzzles, anything artzy (except beading!!! If I have to vacuum up another bead!) mind developing games and pretend stuff. Like dress up or fake food. What I hate are electronic (anything) toys that suck the life out of expensive batteries. We had a touch ball one time that used to go off by it self (in the toybox) in the middle of the night. I think it was possessed. Sleazy toys (those bratz girls) I know some Moms like them, come on though, sleazy. And anything scary/demonic which sums up the rest of the plastic action figures that are out there. So here we go on our futile quest to buy something for Christmas. It's actually a relief when our oldest boy turned 18 and just wanted money! By the way we have over 20 baby dolls, 6 girls generate alot of motherly affection! Don't the kids want anything from Homedepot? Powertools? Gardening Gazoinkies?

Jill- maybe you can get Michelle to send you some of her percoset! I felt so bad for you when I heard about poor Hunter! I think we feel "almost" worse than when it happens to one of ours. But ya know, this does happen everyone that watches someone elses child even for one day. Really, don't feel too bad. I feel for you though about that paper presentation!! How are you going to swing that and prepare for Thanksgiving? Good grief! Heartless beasts! Can't they give you an extention for "cause"? "Cause" you don't feel like giving it then! You have a family. Anyway I'm done, I'm drinking a cup of coffee, ruling the world. BTW (Michelle) it's half-decaf, I'm working on it.
I do have to tell you something silly. The way you "talk", you reminds me of my one friend who is also a Jill. We affectionately call her "Jillybean", I almost wrote that for your post.

Hi Crystal- glad you got a decent nights rest, almost. Hope you have a great day! You homeschooling-wonder-Mom! I'm going to have to go back to yesterdays post to see what I missed.

Well all of you Moms have a good morning out there! I'll be back later sometime after DH goes to work, and a fat mouse can play!! Till it has to go pick up school children. Ya know...I'm not even going to go check out slingo and bongo (?) sites. I wanted to, yesss I did, but I know me, and we were talking, and we came to the conclusion it wouldn't be good for us to play. We likesss to play too much we doessss, yesss! TTYL

~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 10:03 AM   #4  
I'm a homeschool mama

Roxy, you are so funny. All about the Christmas shopping. I'm with you, there are sooooo many toys I hate, hate, hate. I'm not big into electronics, the kids will fight over them. I do like puzzles and coloring books, but I get tired of coloring pages ALL over the place and puzzle pieces all over the place. I LOVE stuffed animals, but there is no meaning for them. They collect dust and I just learned with Andrew's asthma, that's not good to have around. I used to think you couldn't have too many stuffed animals, but I learned that I'm wrong when it comes to that.
I was just so excited after two girls to start buying tools and cars. Love that. I like to buy games but usually I have to play and I don't like to. I could go on and on.
Anyways, I do most if not all of my Christmas shopping through the mail. ABC Distributing, Lillian Vernon, Figis, I just love to do it that way.
Okay, I've got a towel on my wet hair and I'm in my robe and my MIL is going to be here soon. She and dh have some computer work to do. Gotta go.
Have fun.
Old 11-18-2004, 10:10 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning girls!!

Roxy I call Jill - Jilly sometimes I think its such a cute name! I am not like you in the shopping area lol I LOVE shopping for xmas for anyone lol I just love getting people stuff!!

Crystal you should definately have your coffee if you are cold add some hot cocoa mix to it for a "mocha" lol How's the house coming along?

Jill wow girl you have a lot of work to do for school!! Now remember NO procrastinating!!!

Well, I told you all how I got my cancer warrior, but last night I bought him his first gift!! I got him 2 tickets to see the Chicago Bulls vs. LA Lakers!! He is a HUGE Lakers fan!! I hope he will be able to go! The Stadium is 2.5 hours away from their town though. I'm just so excited!! Zhaun is excited about having a warrior too he was helping me look for a gift for him yesterday! It was so cute!!

Well I better go get my girls dressed and ready to drop my car off at Midas for it's new muffler. I'll BBL!!
Love to all
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 10:13 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Crystal!!! That is so funny!! I have the same mentality when it comes to owning stuffed animals!! Taylor has 5 50 gallon trash bags full of stuffed animals lol. We just went through them not long ago but I found that I can't part with most of them because I remember when I bought each one for her lol. I'm glad I'm not the only stuffed animal Hoarder!!
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 11:24 AM   #7  
Jeniqua

Hello ladies!! I am doing much better today. I got up this morning and did my WATP3. I felt so good to do it again! I forgot how much fun it is. My eating is going well..this is the first day of my diet..phase 1. Tonight I'm going to a school play my cousin is in. It's the play Cinderella(the Brandy and whitney Houston version) and my cousin's Cinderella!! The girls are really excited about going.

Michelle~ Good morning! I know he's going to love those tickets! If he doesn't I know my husband would..lol! I'm like you, I love giving gifts too. I hate having to wait to give it to the person too..LOL!.

Crystal~ Could you give me some of the website addresses you shop at for Christmas..I have alot of shopping to do and I don't get out much during the week. Last year I did all my shopping through LTD Commodities.

Jill~You are a busy lady I am excited about going back to college in Janurary too! Do you actually go to classes or do you take classes online? I'm going to be taking classes online.

Roxy~ Sun Sun Sun!! Yay!! You want to send some of it my way ? Enjoy your day!

I better get off the computer and go clean house..Hubby will be home some time today..I'll be back later.
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 11:33 AM   #8  
I'm a homeschool mama

Jeniqua, LTD commodities is almost exactly like abc distributing. At ABC you actually have to have a business name BUT, you can put your personal name in as if you do business like that and it's totally okay. At one point, I had like 4 fake company names, not sure why.
Anyways, that's www.abcdistributing.com , Figis is great, I have an account with them and when I order for like Christmas, I don't pay until Februray and they break it up in 3 payments, that's always great. I don't think I've ever been to their site, I do it through the catalog, but the site is www.figis.com. I really like Lillian Vernon, you have to pay when you order, but they have really cute things and do lots and lots of personalization for free and I LOVE personalized gifts, www.lillianvernon.com. Hope that helps.

Michelle, I'm the same way with the animals. I remember this one and this one and this one. But after I had so many, I didn't really care. I just keep a few that I know the kids remember and they seem to like, otherwise, I think of how many kids may get more use and happier times out of them and sack them up and take them to the benevolent center. Each kid has one that is special to them, they sleep with them. Ironically, they're all puppy dogs too. Then they have a few others that are still somewhat new from relatives but otherwise, they're sacked up and put away until I get rid of them.

Okay, we're schooling and Andrew fell asleep, which means, no nap for me later. I think this last trimester is setting in because I am starting to feel drained again and so tired and sleepy. I'm finally enjoying some coffee in hopes it'll perk me up later.
Okay, gotta go finish shcool. TTYL
Old 11-18-2004, 11:48 AM   #9  
**Kristin**

hi fly by for sure. I just got done getting ready, gotta get the dogs put away, my butt in the car to the bank, pick up dd, get to the hair salon all by noon! Thank you all for your well wishes, I am still really bummed but I do feel better. Yall are the best! I'll be back, way later though, gotta go meet dh for lunch after the hair appt, and go to the grocery store! yikes! I'm going to be gone all day! I'll get personal later!
love you all!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 11:59 AM   #10  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good morning ladies.

I've been up and about, looked in earlier just didn't feel like typing yet.....still don't really. Damned TOM!!! I am getting ready to go to Curves though, maybe they have jumper cables in the back room .

I'll be back later tonight to post and get personal. I have to come back after Curves and get my scout meeting planned, then scouts after school and a pack meeting at 7:00. Dh is off work til Sunday. He got roped into OT on Sun so he still gets 3 nights off....WOOHOO!!! We are going to clean, clean, clean!

BBL
TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 12:07 PM   #11  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Hey a flyby from me too! Thanks for all your comments, made me feel better. Especially you Crystal, it was relieving to hear your story about your neice! Anyway Roxy too funny about jillybean, everyone calls me that!!! So funny, maybe I am your friend named Jill, where do you live again? LOL Just kidding but really it did bring a smile to my face.

Ok stayed up way to late chatting with Kristin last night and I need to be at the elementary school in like a half hour!! AHHHH not even dressed yet! Ok TTYL
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 12:38 PM   #12  
soontobethin

Good morning.
Jill, you poor thing. At least the kids are alright. I don't know anyone who has had a day like that recently.
Crystal, I am sending good vibes your way on dh. Hope he won't be too grumpy for you.
HI to everyone else. School is going good for me. I have had repeat clients who have actually asked for me to do their hair. The only part I don't like anymore is when we have class and test night. The other 3 girls in my class don't study or get their work done, so when it's time for the test, they whine and complain and try to get out of it. They say I am a suck up for getting my work done and getting good scores on my tests, and for not clocking out for breaks when they do. They smoke, so they clock out about 4-5 times a night for a smoke. They also make fun of me for saving my tips, and not using that money for eating out every night. I can't decide if they are just immature, or what. They are 18,21, and 22. Belive me, sometimes my kids act better than they do. Any way. Sorry for whining. There are some girls in the class ahead of me who I have become friends with. So its not too bad.
Well, I need to get off of here and do some stuff (study). Michelle, do you have Ginny's address yet? BTW, I love your Christmas siggy. and that is too cool about helping out the cancer patient. I am sure he will love those tickets.
Ricci
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 03:42 PM   #13  
mama of 4little Angels

Hello ladies_ sorry i've not been around.I've joined Ladies choice fitness and have done it now for 3 days in a row 2 hours a day.I'm loving it but i'm finding that i'm hungry more.I eat lots of fresh fruit and vegy's and I'll feel full for awhile then it's like i'm starving or something.But I absoluty love the gym membership came with a nutrionest and trainer and step and carido aerobic classes.Those are my favorite.If I can figure out how to make sure i'm not eating to much i'll be fine.I'm not eating bad I think I might be eating to much of a healthy thing at one time.
Oh and i'm taller than I thought I was I'm actually 6'1 my body fat is lower than I thought also.I thought it was like 23 or 24 percent.Well,it's only 20 percent.I want it to get down to 18 percent.When I sqeeze all my muscles and jump and down and something jiggles. Like my A--.I know my body can stand to either lose weight or gain muscle or something in between.But I don't want anything jiggling.lol Now,if I had boobs(which I don't) then that would be a different story.I might buy me some of those one day Maybe I can find them on sale Anyhow,hope everyone is doing well and i'll check back in later.GOTTA GO WATCH OPERA,then clean.yeah
love to all.__Angel
Angel Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 04:20 PM   #14  
a.k.a. Roxy

Hi ladies!

Hey Angel you can have mine, I have more than I need anyway. Sorry I haven't been around to post but my plans changed today. Dh and myself were having a cup o' Joe before heading out. We only had baby and Celine (3) to take with us. She's playing behind his chair, and she starts crying really loud. Right under our noses she got into the sticky mouse traps that DS#1 (works at Ace) brought home from work and didn't put up. AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! She had her hand stuck to that thing and her dress. I got it off her hands but the dress is history. It took me a full half hour to get all that glue off her hands (and mine) it wasn't easy. They are still a little sticky. I am so glad she didn't touch her face or hair! She would have to be shaved! Needless to say we never did go shopping. I really didn't have the heart for it after that. I'll think I'll cyberbuy. Children sure are funny, not funny ha-ha either, I mean funny goofy. I wonder what will be next? I have to say she comes by it honest. I was a terror when I was little too. My mom lives in Florida now, probably so we won't ask her to babysit. Well I have to be picking up school children now, today is my late day because of piano lessons. I'll be back later to see how you all are.
TTFN

~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 04:21 PM   #15  
I'm a homeschool mama

Hi all. Checking in. We did school and had lunch. Kitchen is also cleaned and laundry is in the dryer. Dh went today for his vasectomy check up and all is good. It looks as though he's no longer a baby making machine. He also has a small infection down there. From using a machine to finish our slab. It was this huge, loud, vibrating machine that beat him to death. But got some antibiotics to get rid of that. So far he's been okay today. Had chicken broth and jello for lunch and will again for dinner. We're going tomorrow for his other stuff and he's so nervous. We're both ready to get it over with.
We're gonna have a small dinner so we don't tempt him too badly. Also the girls may stay with mil tonight and we'll only have to take Andrew over there in the morning or she'll come over here early in the morning. Dh and I have to leave for the hospital at like 700 in the morning and I didn't want to get all three kids up that early and have to get them ready. So that will be nice we won't have to do that.

Ricci, so sorry about those girls at school. Definitely sounds like immaturity to me. They probably aren't married and don't have kids so just blow them off.

Angel, glad things are working out for you and your new program. You are as tall as my dh. That must be nice, I hate, hate, hate being so dern short.

Okay, I'm getting off for a bit. Gonna go check the mail. TTYL