Old 11-15-2004, 10:25 AM   #1  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default TG Weekly Chat - Nov 15 thru Nov 21 ...

Hello and welcome to the Thin Group!

We are a great group of ladies (but men are welcome if there are any who care to join us) who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another.

Everyone has their ups and downs and we’ll be here with you thru both! Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

So please join in our weekly chats and let's get to know each other better ...

Let’s all work together towards a healthier us in 2004!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: The Thin Group

CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 10:50 AM   #2  
CJ

DON'T FORGET TO CHECK LAST WEEKS POSTS

Good morning ladies! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. We had a busy one for sure and even tho I didn't post I was thinking of everyone and I think that helped me to stay OP for the whole weekend! Today will be my 4th day OP.

Loon:
Sounds like you have been doing great also ... but better than me as I haven't been doing exercising! Great job! Keep up the good work. Speaking of "work" good luck on your search for a new job. I can see where working around food when you are trying to lose weight would be a real threat.

Shaun:
Come on girl ... get that computer set up! lol I know it's a pain but it will only take you a few minutes ... it would drive me nuts if my computer was not set up or working for that matter. Well, looks like you are doing very well also on staying OP! Wow, this is getting catchy for all of us I think. Isn't that a great feeling when the clothes start to feel loose? I don't hate the scales but I have to confess that I am a daily weigher ... sometimes I go for a few days but for some reason I have to keep track every day ..

We don't have any rules for new posts ... we usually start our weekly post on Mondays .. if you are 1st here go ahead and start it ... then we can call you the BRAT for the week ... We always call the person who starts the new post BRAT - jokingly of coarse - all in fun. And if you ever want to start a post about any subject other than our weekly chat thread feel free to do that also.

Congrats on the 4 lb loss! Good job! And I agree that the best feeling is staying OP ... talking with all you guys is helping me too believe it or not. 6 lbs a month a doable! WE CAN DO THIS! Don't forget to post your weekly weigh-in for November ...

Elana:
I'm glad to hear that you have been doing well with your eating plan also. I tried doing WW a few years back but found that doing lo-carb was better for me ... I didn't care much for my meetings as it was "clicky" if you know what I mean. I get more support from these threads anyway. But I am still a little up on the points system so understand how that all works. I was thinking of starting a recipe thread if anyone is interested ... I even have some great WW recipes still that could be posted. Don't forget to post on the November weigh-in post too ...

Peggy:
It's been a few days girl ... hope all is well and you are just busy. Post soon! Miss you!

Slyvia
MISS YOU! Where are you girlfriend? Are you still house sitting at your parents? Get in here and post as soon as you can!

Sharon:
Got your email and will write back soon ... Miss you here too so as soon as your work slows down some take 5 and post! We have new girls here for you to meet!

Connie:
Did you get lost? You joined our group then dissappeared - hope you find your way back and post with us. Will be looking for you.

OK ... time to go. Is anyone interested in having a daily thread for posting what we are eating? I know Peggy doesn't like to do that, and I have a hard time doing it (my intentions are good - just don't follow thru) but I thought it would help us if we see what everyone is eating and help us stay OP. Let me know and if you want to I will start us up for November.

Remember, feel free to start threads on any subject you wish other than our daily chit chat thread ... Like for instance, any challenge type threads ... maybe we could do a Christmas Challenge one ...

Well ... off I go now to fix me some breakfast .. coffee just isn't going to cut it .. lol. Talk to ya all later....

Love, CJ
Old 11-15-2004, 05:02 PM   #3  

Hello Ladies!

Just stopping by for a quick hello. I'm still housesitting and not having computer access is just...BAD!!! My parents come back next week so that means I will posting more often.

I've got to run.

Big hugs to all of you!!!

Sylvia
aivlys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 04:45 PM   #4  

Hello all you thinnies,
shaun, thank you for noticing how my job affected my weight, both stressfully and all the available food. I just have to tell everyone, I feel like a totally new person. All the stress is gone, my artheritis is doing great ( no heavy lifting ). I have still been exercising and watching what I eat. I did have an oriental chicken salad today though that has a high calorie and sugar content. But I was sparce with the dressing. So all in all it wasn't a total flop. I also have to thank you for the offer of some tips for my job hunting. My biggest problem is I live in a small town, there isn't much industry, alot of bars and resteraunts, gift shops,etc. We are a tourist area. We are starting to grow, we now have a stop sign in town, and a Subway. Time to move further North.
No anyway, I really don't want to go back to my old jobs which were 26 years of bartending and 5 of kitchen manager. I sent a resume to one of our industries, so am hoping to hear something. It is for customer service, and I am very good with people.
It is kind of nice now, my house is totally immaculate, I have crocheted a purse, just have to embelish it. Have finished a book, really good one. My husband works out of town during the week so it's just me and my puppy pnut, and her toys.
I haven't got my bios on the page yet so I'll give a little info here.
Age. 50
married for 5 years, first husband passed away after 19 years of marriage.
3 children. Stephanie 27, married. Jeffrey 24, divorced. Jackie 22 married.
not a grandmother yet.
I love gardening, reading, crafts and of course cooking.
Well I have made this long enough for now.
CJ, I would be interested in a daily post of the foods I have eaten.
Well on to the weigh in thread.
Take care all.
loon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 05:18 PM   #5  
CJ

Well ... today is Day 5 that I have been 100% OP! I know I am going to be down come next weigh-in on Monday ... I JUST KNOW IT!

Slyvia:
Thanks for checking in Slyvia - I thought that was where you were but it's good to hear from you. Will look forward to lots of posts from you next week!

Loon:
Glad to hear you are feeling less stressful - although not glad that you are out of a job! I'm sure you will find something good soon. I've been into knitting again after being away from it for years. (I can crochet some but prefer knitting I guess). Been knitting boa scarves for xmas like crazy! Like to read too but I have to be really in a mood. Once I start a good book I can't put it down so nothing else gets done - lol. Thanks for telling us a little about you. When you get a chance you should post a bio also. I will make a thread for our daily food journal today or tomorrow.

Well ... I am in a cleaning mood today - clearing out stuff and throwing out - getting the cabin ready so I can start putting up christmas decorations. I will contain myself until after Thanksgiving ... I just have one tiny decoration up now (a new one - just had to set it up) ... I LOVE Christmas!

Talk to ya later ...
Love, CJ
Old 11-16-2004, 08:46 PM   #6  
CJ

I started a Daily Food Journal thread for anyone who is interested in posting your daily menus with me ... I posted today's already. Anyone else?
Old 11-17-2004, 07:33 AM   #7  
SRR
shaun

Good Morning Everyone;

hoping all is well. hey C.J. good going on keeping OP for the day... one day at a time will get you where you need to go.

Loon, good to hear your keeping busy.. especially your hands. I wish I was crafty, it would help to keep me from the night eating.

I did good all day yesterday, but last night I did some snacking. I kept it to the good things, veggie soup, carrots and brocolie dipped in hummus and an apple.

I ate a late lunch and then was not hungry when I got home at dinner time.. Hubby out of town until sunday so just me and the baby.. it is so much harder to cook when it is really only for me.

Anyhow, I am determined to lose this weight. I said to my sister last night, I am tired of wanting to be someone else, when I know being me, at my best, is really what I am looking for.

Well peoples,
another day, we can all get through this... (girglegirglegirlgle) sounds of me drinking my second bottle of water....

Have a great Day
Shaun
SRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 05:04 PM   #8  
CJ

Hey! Where is everyone????? I can hear an echooooooooo in here!

Just popping in for a quick hello ... been busy sorting thru our important papers, etc the last couple days putting them in the proper place instead of here and there (bad habit)!! Also, still OP! I'm not counting the days anymore cuz I think this time I've got it down pat. I can pass those cookies without even thinking of them! Besides doing my filing, I've been keeping my hands busy knitting my boa scarves.

Shaun:
Keep up the good work .. sounds like you're on a roll too. Keep on gurgling that water! lol

Well .. hope to hear from the rest of you soon! I'll check back later! Hope you're all having a great day!

Love, CJ
Old 11-18-2004, 05:13 PM   #9  
Conquering with SBD

CJ, it has been a few days. I think it's been a week now since I last posted. However, we have been busy, busy, busy. We went to Calgary last weekend to check out the new condo...ended up racing around to get new access cards made (the ones we got with the purchase didn't work), then had the locks changed, looked for a management company to rent the place, oh yeah, and had to clean. There was a layer of grease on absolutely everything. Since the ceilings are 12', it was up and down the ladder for 2 days trying to get all the grunge off.

Then it was a rushed trip back home because my DM missed her birthday party the week before so we had to rebook for this past weekend. She is starting into the first stages of dimentia and has difficulty remembering anything for more than the moment that you are speaking with her. Anyway, we got that done and she was pleased that she was honoured - the boys and their girlfriends made a special trip to see her, also.

Then on Tuesday, I got a call from her to let me know that her cat had died. Soooo, it was dealing with the cat on Tuesday evening. We still have a lot of snow in our backyard, so have buried it in the snow until the weekend when we can have mom out to the acreage and bury the little dear properly. Right now, we don't have any light when we get home from work, and it is too cold to have mom out in the evenings to do something like that. I can also spend more time with her on the weekend. She has had the cat for 19 years, so it has become a constant companion for her.

On top of all that, the boss has been away. Although it is nice when he is gone, I end up dealing with the major problems that come this way. Sooooo, this week has been a scramble all around.

I am really looking forward to the weekend for some peace and quiet - finishing handrails in the master bedroom, scraping the ceilings and re-stippling them, installing hardwood floors, baseboards and window trim, making window treatments (they aren't called curtains anymore ), changing light fixtures, etc., etc., etc.

Also must get some Christmas baking done. I have decided that I would join a cookie exchange this year, so must get stuff done for that. Last year we had DS's girlfriend living with us and she decided that the traditions in our family were insignificant and just tromped all over everyone. I was really hurt that we weren't allowed to eat the foods that we traditionally have, nor celebrate the traditions that are improtant to us. I was too stunned to say anything, but this is a new year, and things WILL be different.

Sylvia - Great to hear from you. Hope to hear more when you are done housesitting. Talk next week.

Loon - I would like to be staying home for a while to be able to catch up on some of my projects and housecleaning. I am booked for surgery soon, so might be able to fit some of that in, if I feel like it. DH used to travel quite a bit, so I convinced him that I should have a puppy to keep me company when he was gone for a month, or two. Two weeks after the puppy came home, one DS moved back home, then a few months later, the other DS moved his stuff and his puppy back home, four months after that he moved himself and his girlfriend back home... Yep 5 adults and 2 dogs. THEN DH changed jobs and doesn't travel anymore. But, I got my puppy. Hope the job hunting goes well and that you get the customer service job. Sounds like it will be right up your alley. Take care.

CJ - 5 days OP!!! Woohoo. WTG, girl. Keep it up. You will have those few pounds off soon...remember, though, that Thanksgiving is coming and plan to stay OP for that. You can do this.

Shaun - Keep up the great work on eating. Your snacking last night was all OP foods, so don't beat yourself up over eating something when you are hungry, especially when it is OP foods. What program are you following? When DH is away, have you tried having a larger meal during the day and eating more snacky foods in the evening when you don't feel like cooking? Remember, you don't need to eat at specified times, just when you are hungry. Keep working on it, though. You can do it.

Well, I guess I should get going here. I have a complaint to respond to and I have been putting it off all day. Well, I shall grit my teeth and just get it done.

I'll try to pop in tomorrow. Have a great evening everyone.
sweet tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 06:26 PM   #10  

Hey everyone, great job to all of you on staying op. I had a major carb craving day.
I had 2 nice soft white dinner rolls. I threw the rest in the freezer. Out of sight out of mind, I hope. Well today I made myself some chili, well I am so used to making the large portions at work, I ended up with chili for two weeks. I will freeze some of it.
sweet tooth, sounds like you've been having a busy time. I had a cat I had to put to sleep this summer, I've had him for 15 years. He started to get mean and bite ( mainly me) and spraying. He was fixed, but the vet said it's old age, and it won't get any better, so instead of him ruining my house or biting a kid or something I put him to sleep, I still miss the thing though. Where are you from to have snow? I am from minnesota and we have been having weather in the 50's. Very strange, I keep thinking that when it starts it's gonna be a nasty one.
Well cj, hope the scarves are going great, my mom knits the boa ones, I have two purses done, with part of the fringe yarn, they are pretty cute. I just can't believe how much that yarn costs. I have $20 into one of the purses. But it's so darn cute it's worth it. If I keep this up I'll have a different purse for everyday.
shaun, your snacking doesn't sound to bad. Keep up the good work. Talk to ya all later.
loon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 12:58 PM   #11  
CJ

Hi everyone - Happy Saturday! Just having my morning coffee and thought I better report in ... a quick one anyway.

Peggy:
Well .. you have been one busy gal haven't you? I'm glad you posted tho, I was getting worried about ya. It was good you and your family had a nice time with your mom for her b'day .. I am soooooo sorry tho to hear of her loosing her beloved cat. Our cat is almost 18 yrs old so I know she is with us on "borrowed" time also and we will be devistated when we lose her (hope not for a long long time).

I'm going to be doing my 1st cookie exchange this year too - sounds like fun. About your son's girlfriend - there is no way I would let anyone on the outside come in my house and not allow you to eat your traditional foods or celebrate your traditions important to you .. how did that happen? I'm sorry .. I just feel that if she didn't like your food or traditions that's tuff - live with it. Not my business, so please forgive me for the rant!

Alana:
Congratulations for reaching goal - I posted on the weigh-in to you but wanted to post here too ... Keep up the good work and stay posting with us in chit chat ...

Loon:
Your purses you are knitting (or crocheting?) sound cute .. are you making them for gifts too? I've got about 10 of the scarves done so far .. I agree, the yarn is so darn expensive - I'm using the eyelash fun fur ... each scarf is costing me about $10 to make ... but it's fun!

Well ... guess I'll go get busy doing something constructive. I feel in a lazy mode today ... just got my xmas wraps so guess I'll start wrapping xmas presents. After Thanksgiving up goes my tree and stuff. Want to put it up now but will wait until Thanksgiving.

Talk to ya all later ...
Love, CJ
Old 11-22-2004, 12:38 AM   #12  
CJ

Hey guys ... it's 12:30 am here and I'm on my way to bed but first ... I'm gonna start the new thread for this week ... Just thought I'd warn ya! See ya there ... CJ