South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 05:31 AM   #1  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Smile Monday Chit Chat

Morning chicks I figured since I was up and out of bed at 6:20 this morning that I would start us off. I can't go back to bed this morning which has been my ususal thing on Mondays as I have too much to do: I can't believe christmas is coming next month and I have not really started any shopping with the exception of the girls main gifts. How about you chicks are you all done your shopping? I am going to try to be beach friendly this year usually I cook and bake for a month and then end up with tons of stuff left. So I am only going to do the girls favorites and then the rest beach friendly.

I am going to go and put in a load of laundry and get the girls out of bed and start some housework and I will be back......
Old 11-15-2004, 06:00 AM   #2  
i luv my dog!

Good Morning

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was pretty good but I had a couple of non-OP foods, however, nothing too bad. The scale is only up .5lb so I feel OK about it.

I cooked the marinated London Broil from the book on Sat. noon, hoping to have some lunch and leftovers for a couple of more meals. Well, DH decided that he wanted to join me for lunch and the next thing I knew there were NO leftovers. BAH. That, and the fact that he ususally prefers the more 'flavorful' (fatty) cuts of meat. I guess when someone else has done all the preparation anything is good. Next time I'll marinate it in veggies and then he'll stay away - Hahaha.

Well, I guess I'd better go and try to be productive today. So what's on your plan for this week????
Old 11-15-2004, 06:13 AM   #3  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicks~~

Little Chick, are you in a different time zone than us here in the EST? It's not even 6:15 yet, here.

I've been up about 45 mins. Got some eggs boiled. Will have some broccoli and boiled eggs for lunch today. Oatmeal for breakfast. It's freezing out. Literally. Had our first freeze last night. Brought all the tropical plants in last evening.

Over the weekend, I decided to switch around my meals. I seem to do better if I eat a lighter evening meal, so I'm having a protein shake around 6:00 pm, rather than dinner. Sounds weird, I know, but I just hate waking up all swollen from the sodium in regular foods. I can drink water during the day to flush the sodium out of my tissues this way, too.

Ok, time for my shower. I'll try and pop back in a bit.

Mamacita
Old 11-15-2004, 06:33 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning!

Little Chick, I'm glad to see you posting. I read about the storm and the ower outages and wondered if you were affected. Nope, I've not even thought about Christmas shopping but must as I need to mail my DD's stuff to Nanaimo.

Broad Abroad, I love flank steak. You reminded me that I have one in the freezer that I must get out and plop in a marinade.

Mamacita, yes, Little Chick is an hour earlier than us. That's why she's so perky in the mornings. A protein shake for dinner sounds just right but I doubt that I could convince DH of that!

By 8, I need to have my car to the dealership on a heated seat recall . I will switch to a loaner and take Harry for bloodwork for 8:45. Then we'll go out for breakfast. I hope to get Hershey back today but have been unable to get in touch with Morna. I suspect her Dad is checking out and she may be at the hospital.

It's going to be sunny and a bit warmer for the next few days so there is a chance that those bulbs will get put in. Sarah is giving me an afternoon, maybe two, and I hope to get that done and the leaves raked. It's time to move my SAD light to the kitchen table so I can start my days with light therapy.

Gotta go as we need to be outta here in an hour and it takes poor Harry that long to wake up, have his bath and dress. I'll check in later.
Old 11-15-2004, 07:12 AM   #5  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Ruth and Abroad, have just a few minutes to peek back in while I wait for my hair to towel dry.

Abroad, I love London Broil...good lean cut of beef that goes a long way in this house.

Little Chick, to answer your question, yes and no on the Christmas shopping. The kids are getting $$$ for Hawaii this year. (They leave the day after Thanksgiving). 24yoDD and I went in halvsies and bought dh a personal DVD player and the extended family is getting handmade stuff like hats and scarves, which is why I've been in such a froth lately. Too much to do and not enough time to do it.

Ruth, I would dearly love to have one of those OTT lights. One of those things I need, but won't buy for myself. Crazy isn't it? If Morna's dad is checking out, I hope it's peaceful and she's okay with it. Losing a parent is never easy.

Well, must run...gotta put my knitting stuff in a bag to take to work and pack my lunch. Bye~~~

Hope everyone has a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 11-15-2004, 07:40 AM   #6  
cac

Good morning all,

I had a great social weekend. Including yesterday having the running group over for homemade waffles and quiche. After running 4.5 miles I allowed myself a waffle. Then realxed and had my bookgrop over. During the heated discussion I had a littel too much wine. This made getting up this morning a little hard. Hence no yoga before work. I will work out at lunch today.

I just finished reading "Seeds of Deception". I am only going to eat organic non processed foods until Genetic Engineered foods are test more. What a book. I would recommend it to anyone.

Hope everyone has a nice week.

cac
Old 11-15-2004, 07:51 AM   #7  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Hello everyone, Just thought I'd ck in to say hi. It is a beautiful day here in N.Y. the temp is going to be in the 50's all wk. Last wk we had some white stuff already. I am trying to eat healthy and exercise 3 -4 x's a week. Fitting it in to my life seems to be easier lately maybe exercise is becoming a routine which would be wonderful. I do enjoy the stress relief. Well have a great day!!!!!!!!!!
CACMSC
Old 11-15-2004, 07:54 AM   #8  
A Lily from my yard!

Mornin' Chicks. I'm draggin in! Up one pound and shocked that it is only one. lol Busy day today I have to ride up to my MIL to help her pick out some new curtains for her guest room. She lives high on the mountain! lol It's a nice ride so I will try to relax and enjoy the journey! lol She and I are goin shopping tomorrow and she hopes to get them.
Little Chick I have not even thought about it yet! Both kids want money so I guess DH is giving it to them. DS wants to buy himself a prepaid cell phone. I cannot believe all the kids that have cell phones now!
Good morning Mama it's a new day! I want DH to take me to Hawaii for our ann. in 3 years. I figure it will take that long to save enough money cause it will not be a cheap vacation and I will not be on a budget! LOL
Ruth... Don't ya just hate recalls! I have one on my van but DH will not make time to follow me down and drop it off. They don't do loaners they give you a courtesy ride which I took once! The guy almost hit a gas truck head on and that was all for me and their rides!
A Broad... DH does not really care for meat but he always eats it! He will say I don't really like it and I'm like well then don't eat it cause I do like it! He wares me out!
Ok I gotta get goin. I'll check on y'all chickies later on!
Old 11-15-2004, 07:57 AM   #9  
A Lily from my yard!

Hey cac and cacmsc We posted at the same time. Good morning and have a great day!
Old 11-15-2004, 08:01 AM   #10  
Trapped Skinny Person

Good morning ladies.

Little Chick - I actually started my xmas shopping on Saturday - got a couple DVDs for DS - money is tight this year and I only have one kid - so hopefully shopping won't take that long

Today is official 2 weeks weigh-in - I am down 8 lbs - I am going to do one more week of Phase 1 then on to phase 1.5.

I made Pork parmasan last night - think Veal Parmasan without the veal or breading - thinly sliced pork loin, no sugar sauce and lowfat cheese and DS & DH loved it - we used the extra sauce over spaghetti squash.

Didn't drink nearly enough water over the weekend - gotta work on that.

Off to start drinking my water now.

Have a good day all.
Kim
Old 11-15-2004, 08:15 AM   #11  

Good Morning Everyone,

Its a sweltering 37 this morning in Northern NY (least its above freezing). My christmas shopping is almost done I am the early shopper I start with the after christmas sales to see what I can pick up for the next year, I love shopping but I hate to be rushed. The weekend was great but long with the kids off of school thursday and friday. Have a great day everyone off for diaper duty and the curious weigh in!!
Old 11-15-2004, 09:01 AM   #12  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good morning Beach Babes
I'm still sleepy and only on my first cup of coffee but I wanted to chk in to say hi. I worked all weekend, so nothing exciting to report (unless you count the the patient that was threatening suicide or the confused man who had a plate of food on the floor for his dog ~who was not in the hospital with him). Are we SURE it wasn't a full moon ???

Today will be spent running errands to either pay for or pick out things for the new kitchen. I'm checking out this dishwasher that is actually divided into 2 drawers and each drawer runs independent of each other. So cool to not have to bend over to load the thing!!

I ate well over the weekend and the scale moved another 2 pounds down Still need to work on the water thing.

Hope everybody has a wonderful and productive day
Old 11-15-2004, 09:06 AM   #13  

Good Morning All

Well we are up and runndin. Already took DD1 to Kindergarten now getting DD2 to eat breakfast and changed before she has MDO. Then I am off and running. Have a Dr Appt then back to school to help the teacher with her stuff. Hoping to get to a couple of returns that I have been putting off. It is a dreary day here, cool and drizzel. Not a good day to be in and out of the car. Oh well such is the life of a SAHM. Hope you all have an OP day.
Old 11-15-2004, 09:11 AM   #14  
GARDENING ADDICT

Kim~~Congrats on your weight loss during phase 1 Keep up the progress.
Old 11-15-2004, 09:36 AM   #15  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning all.

I am sick. I'll be leaving work as soon as my boss gives me back my report to update and hand in. But knowing her, that won't be until after lunch. UGH!

I didn't make it to the gym, and won't go today. There goes my starting off on the right foot!!!

Being sick is the pits.

Have a very, very WELL Monday!
Closed Thread