Old 11-14-2004, 05:35 PM   #1  

Exclamation 100 to lose, buddies to gain....

Hi all!
I am 25 (almost 26) and am now at my highest weight ever, 265. About five years ago, I lost 40 pounds and went from 205 to 165. Then about three years ago, the pounds just started to pile on again, and now I'm up to 265. I used to work out a lot and play sports, but the bigger I get, the less I'm able to do. I can hardly go outside for a walk without getting out of breath. Like others I've read, I don't even enjoy the amusement park anymore because I can't fit into the seats.
So...I'm here! I really need to do this for my self-esteem, and I'm hoping that I can find the support and encouragement that I need. I'm just working on a well-balanced diet, drinking lots of water, and also walking (I have the Walk Away the Pounds DVD). I'm going to try to incorporate strength training a couple of days a week.
Please -- I need all the support I can get. Please write if you can - I am more than willing to be the encouragement for you in return. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Kelly
kjk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 07:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Welcome Kelly I am the same age as you, and have just about the same goal weight, as well as starting weight! You will get lots of words of encouragement here, dive right in

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 07:12 PM   #3  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Smile

Hey Kelly! You're so welcome here you just wouldn't even believe it. You're now where each of us has been, and we're here for you. Your plan sounds great, and you now have a wonderful support system in this group, so I really think you have set yourself up for success. You're in some good company here, and I believe you'll find this little community really helpful in both the good times and the bad.

So stay present here, read everything, and post as much as you can. And when you have any questions, just put them out to the group and we'll do our best to help. And we'll look forward to learning from and with you as well!

Welcome, Kelly -- you've proven you can do this, so you know the road. This time the road is longer, but it's still just one step at a time.
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 07:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Welcome! Hey, you've done it once so you know you can do it. And this time we're all here to support you. The WATP DVDs are wonderful. While I'm old enough to be your mother, you are starting out at about the same weight I started at so I can relate to the out-of-breath feelings and other problems that go along with weighing in the 260s. And let me tell you, I'd much rather be where I am now, and soon you'll be there, too.

Post often so we can get to know you.

Last edited by Sheila53; 11-14-2004 at 07:21 PM.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 08:35 PM   #5  

Aimee, Sarah & Sheila --
Thanks so much for all of the encouraging words! I am already feeling better about this uphill battle. Just hearing the support from those that understand is infinitely meaningful to me. I will be reading as much as I can from all of the forums, as well as the website in general, so that I can make the most out of this challenge. Thanks again for your help, and I, too, look forward to getting to know and learn from all of you!

Kelly
kjk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 09:02 PM   #6  

Welcome Welcome Welcome!! I am new here too, but everyone is wonderful!!

I am glad you have joined us!!! Together we can tackle anything!!!
Jazzmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 11:17 PM   #7  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Kelly!! Welcome!! It sure sounds like you have a great plan in place!!! This is such a great place for support and encouragement!!!

Glad to have you!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 12:15 AM   #8  
Old Cackler

nice to meet you, kelly..,. there's a huge amount of information around here.. so jump in.

and many people do great with WATP... and you have wonderful plans... just don't let yourself get overwhelmed with a whole lot of changes at once... step by step. bit by bit.

you'll be fine.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 12:58 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Kelly - I did the WATP 1 mile dvd today, it was pretty good. Broke a little sweat, which one do you have? My friend sent me this DVD, and I actually would consider getting another one (with more miles on it), winters are crazy here, I try to avoid the outdoors as much as I can! How are you making out so far?? Thank you VERY much for the nice reply, we do have lots of goals and the age thing in common

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 01:26 AM   #10  
Getting back on track!

Hello,
Welcome and I wish you success!
Annie-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 12:42 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Hi and welcome. May you have great success in your weight loss journey.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 12:47 PM   #12  
Abby's Mommy

Welcome Kelly!
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 12:50 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Hi Kelly Welcome to 3FC's everyone here is wonderful. As you can tell. I'm looking forward to supporting you with your weight loss plan.
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 01:12 PM   #14  
Jennifer

Welcome to the 100 pound club! I started out at the same weight you are as well... I can also relate and know that I feel sooooo much better 42 pounds lighter. Can't wait to get to know you better.

Jennifer
teapotdynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 01:14 PM   #15  

Heya Kelly, Sounds like you are off to a great start. Welcome to the board! I think that you will find a wealth of support and encouragement here.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote