South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2004, 02:27 AM   #1  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

Default Cough syrop

Hi All,

I started SoBe on Tuesday, and I am doing great in terms of food, and liking it so far. But I have also had a bad cold (or flu) off and on for 3 weeks. I've been really sick again for the last 2 days (runny nose and congestion mostly) and I tried Buckley's original and gagged. I have some Cotridin - codeine cough syrop - in my medicine cabinet, and took some tonight because I am so tired of being sick. I know there is probably a ton of sugar in it, does this mean I should start Phase 1 over again? or can I keep going? or is it too little sugar to worry about?

Thank you!
Old 11-13-2004, 08:08 AM   #2  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Raelynn - I think when we start worrying how many calories our toothpaste has, we've moved past the line of taking it too far. Think about the cough syrup as the greater good. I doubt you're deriving any pleasure from it, and if it's a trigger food - we have some codine issues to discuss! It's probably chocked full of sugar alcohols (like tequila) and I doubt it will do you much harm.

Congrats on getting married. When did I miss that annoucement!?!
Old 11-13-2004, 08:18 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, Raelynn!
I'm so sorry you're sick. If you're feeling "well enough" to continue, I'd say just keep going. Once you move into Phase II, you can go back to Phase I anytime, so don't fret about the cough syrup.
Have you tried the Buckleys capsules? They're great, and no bad taste.
Old 11-13-2004, 12:31 PM   #4  
Future marathon runner

Hiya Jessica! I actually didn't post an announcement lol. I probably should though lol.

I am definitely feeling well enough to keep going - the way I look at it, is that I'm never hungry when I'm sick, so by the time I'm better, Phase 1 will be almost over! I just wasn't sure about the cough syrop lol. I also started taking Aloe Vera juice - I am hoping something is going to kick in and beat this virus out of me.
Old 11-13-2004, 01:49 PM   #5  
Future marathon runner

Update: I just went to the dr and it turns out i have a really bad sinus infection, and the dr told me that it will take 2-3 weeks for my body to rid this. I am so bummed. 2-3 weeks is a long time to still be sick, considering I've already been sick for 2.5+ weeks. I do have some antibiotics and nasal spray, the dr said that should help 50% of this to go away.
Closed Thread