Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 09:18 AM   #1  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default Plump and Merry Christmas Cows

okay---someone direct me to the christmas avatars--if i get you people started early maybe we can get christmas done right for a change---LIKE MAYBE I COULD SEND YOU GUYS CARDS ON TIME ---!!!!!---- my song is not all Mixed yet,but when it is i will send you a cd hahahahaha that will be very funny------my TEEN IDOL who turns 19 tomorrow is coming to MY town next week!!! the radio station is running a contest where you can have lunch with him----i am NOT entering the contest as i feel it is unfair to frighten the youth with Hagginess and Sagginess---Kalan is too delicious to disturb in this manner---i shall live vicariously through the young people {even though i know there are many shameless hags who will try to WIN}---------------i have to go help dd this morning at her job---sooooo---- i will return to see instructions on my CHRISTMAS AVATARS!!!!KIWI???!!!!----
Old 11-10-2004, 04:06 PM   #2  
loves kleenex box art

I will be a Christmas Cow but that's it. If you want people to post under your NEW THREASDDDDD, TEKK them it's there. You old bat!
Old 11-10-2004, 06:56 PM   #3  

I walked w/ Leslie this morning. 2 miles. Did I mention I did the 4 mile super challenge on Sunday? Go me.

Quit with the Christmas avatars. We need Thanksgiving avatars. Oh, yeah, you Canadians are already done w/ that.

I tried to have someone clean my house, but you have to have your house pretty cleaned up before the cleaning service comes, and I never manage to get to that point. I need help w/ the day to day clutter. Someone to make sure the shoes and coats and mail and dirty laundry and newspapers and stuff is picked up. Someone to clean the dog bowls, someone to fold and put away the laundry. DH was shocked when I told him cleaning services don't do all that. Besides, I'm cheap and I would rather spend the money on me. I'm having a light facial peel tomorrow. That's how I spend my housecleaning money.
Old 11-11-2004, 04:19 AM   #4  
fatter than U

Talking yeah, that's it ...STUFF

That's it, Wabby. It's the STUFF that's so hard to keep under control. I don't really mind cleaning something ('cept dusting, of course!) if all the clutter is out of the way, but it's such a chore to bulldoze it out first.

Had to go to the library again today for final details of Baldwin Bookworm Birthday Bash. I now have everything totally under control and have enlisted some other poor slob of a mother to help me with the fascinating activity I have to do. How I got caught up in this I'll never know. At least I don't have to dress up like a bookworm with a giant paper mache ball on my head like the school secretary does. That should be entertaining.

Feeling barfy today. No idea why. Dizziness and lovely dry cough that better not turn into pneumonia. Maybe it's because I couldn't get a hair appointment for this week and must run around looking like a floozy until next Wednesday when they can finally squeeze me in. Geez.

I refuse to use a Christmas avatar until Dec. 1 but my go back to my evil hamster before then. The Halloween treats are getting old.
Old 11-11-2004, 03:17 PM   #5  
Member w/ messiest house

Wow, Wabbit, way to go on the walking!!

Tuesday night I walked for 40 minutes at the indoor walking club (through the halls at the high school). I worked up quite a sweat because I was trying to keep up with a woman I know who is actually a middle school gym teacher (what was I thinking?)

Then last night DH and I went to Parent Conferences at the h.s. and did nearly as much walking as I had the night before -- we asked for conferences with all DD's teachers (we like to be a major thorn in their sides, you know) and they scheduled us with 8 back to back meetings with 2 minutes in between them. And I swear every single one was on the opposite side of the school as the last one. We were getting breathless trying to get to them all; I'm sure it was very amusing for the staff... I joked with the French teacher that they did this on purpose and were laughing at us from their doorways -- she actually took me seriously and assured me that Mrs Bonus, the sweet little old lady in the office, would never do that! I had to tell her I was kidding Anyway it was a good workout and we heard good stuff (like I was expecting something horrible?) Sometimes I wonder why I bother, but I really think it helps DD to be taken seriously as a student when her parents show up every year and meet the teachers.

Geez, Sugar, I hope you're not getting the flu. My mother still can't get a flu shot, even though she's 74. There have been a couple of flu deaths already. Just one more U.S. fiasco mismanaged. Have a great time with the Bookworm Extravangaza...

Want me to send you something to use as your avatar until they put some up, Bagz? Might take me a while, I'm pretty full up today. Big opening night for DD!! She's singing all the chorus numbers; let's see--here's the list:
  • I Can't Be Bothered Now
  • Slap That Bass
  • Tonight's the Night
  • I Got Rhythm
  • The Real American Folk Song
  • Stiff Upper Lip
  • Nice Work If You Can Get It
For DD's part, the best stuff is the tap dancing, and her lines. She has a ton of funny lines -- she's kind of the comic relief. I still haven't seen hardly any of the second act, but I get to see the show twice, so I'll have a chance to enjoy it all. I'm also working backstage on Friday as a costume fixer, so I can probably watch any parts I want. And take some pics too.

Well, I got stuff to do. Later, babes.

Kiwi
Old 11-11-2004, 03:30 PM   #6  

I didn't have to get into work early today so I did the Leslie 4 mile walk again this morning. woo-hoo me! a whole hour of workout!! It doesn't seem to make me lose any faster, but at least I feel better. Then a wife of the one of the guys who works here brought in chinese food for lunch. I ate it. I was just being sociable.

I always went to the school conferences, even when the reports were not good, Kiwi. That was no fun. I recently told DS that I always felt like I was the one in trouble when he was in high school.

Sugar sorry to hear you're feeling barfy. Nothing I hate worse than barfy. Unless it's achy and barfy. Why does barfy look funny if you spell it enough times? barfy. barfy. barfy.
Old 11-11-2004, 03:40 PM   #7  
Member w/ messiest house

I found some of Jen's avatars for Thanksgiving, although it's for her Thanksgiving challenge:
http://www.boomspeed.com/jenr/thanksgiving.htm
Old 11-12-2004, 12:20 AM   #8  
Member w/ messiest house

http://www.3fatchicks.com/survey.php
Go take a survey! You get entered in a random drawing to win $25 at Amazon.com! Yeehaw!

Remember the Christmas doggie I used as my avatar last year, Bagz? I can do the same for you with a pic of your kitty if you want. Or whatever. I'll send you a couple of correctly sized pics, or you can send me a pic you want me to alter. ~Kiwi rubs her hands together with glee~

The play was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! DD was a riot! She had the funniest lines in the play. Great character to play -- she had to be really ditsy. A cowboy is heard saying something like "I ain't been that excited since the day my horse foaled"; DD pipes up "it must be really hard to fold a horse!" She had a whole bunch of lines like that. She had the audience in stitches.

Kiwi
Old 11-12-2004, 08:24 AM   #9  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default jeaaaaaaaaaalous and happy for kiwi of course!!!

kiwi!! as you know NOTHING thrills me more than singing,dancing and acting!!! and when if involves our CHILdren!!!i i am over the moon!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOO you must be on cloud nine!!! every musical season i could hardly breath i was so excited and when it was over i was in a depression!!!! I HOPE YOU ARE VIDEOTAPING {OR SOMEONE IS!!!} I STILL WATCH CLIPS OF DD SINGING "CAN'T GET A MAN WITH A GUN " ON THE COMPUTER!!!!{YOU CAN STREAM HER ONTO YOUR COMPUTER BUT OF COURSE YOU KNOW THAT!!!!} AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! such joy----i can feel how much fun you are having so yahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! enjoy the rest of the performances {and go to the cast party!!!!}--and thanks ---i will send you a pic of Miss NB---that will be "swate"----------------darling wabby----i am SOOOOOOoo impressed that you are walking with this leslie girl---do you do it on the treadmill or around your neighbourhood---i don't get how this works???;you wear a headset,or she is on tv???EXPLAIN!!!!-------and of course dear sugar----hope your wormfest is soon put to rest---wish i could come and shop in your town for christmas---i LOVE The german christmas marketssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!---hi painty,peachbag,lushie----LETS START PLANNING OUR CHRISTMAS DISPLAYS-----HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Old 11-12-2004, 09:48 AM   #10  
loves kleenex box art

Having daughters sounds like so much fun.
Old 11-12-2004, 04:51 PM   #11  
Member w/ messiest house

Datters are swate, eh Bagzie?

Off to mend costumes or yell at loud kids or something...

ta,
Kiwi
Old 11-12-2004, 05:26 PM   #12  
loves kleenex box art

10:32am (UK)
Trapped Cow Is Rescued

A cow has been winched to safety by fire crews in Somerset after becoming trapped at a school.

Poppet the cow got stuck in between a metal gate and concrete wall at Brymore Agricultural School in Cannington near Bridgewater at 11.55am yesterday lunchtime.

Fire crews were called and took just under an hour to bring Poppet to safety.

The animal escaped without any injuries.
Old 11-12-2004, 07:11 PM   #13  

Poor Poppet. Or lucky Poppet.

Kiwi, I will accept tickets to DD's first Broadway play in lieu of musical concert tickets.

Bagzie, I'm "walking" w/ Leslie Sansone of Walk Away the Pounds w/ Leslie Sansone videotape fame. I walk and walk, but never get anywhere.

It's Bunco weekend cowsies! I'll say hi to the girls for you.
Old 11-12-2004, 11:30 PM   #14  

Daughters are fun.
I want to be "up" emotionaly, and down gravitationally for Christmas.
I'm going to find a Thanksgiving avatar in the mean time.
I'm tired. We got LR dusted and vacuumed.... then we treated ourselves to dinner at Corner Bakery. That was a good trade.
More soon. Cow Peach, I like your ticker tracker.
Old 11-13-2004, 02:00 AM   #15  
Member w/ messiest house

Cowpeach, you're so skinny! How did it happen?

Thank goodness Poppet is okay. Maybe now she'll be able to post more often.

I bought a bottle of champagne at Sams Club today (along with a slew of other stuff) and then forgot to take it out of the car. It sat in the car from 1:00 to 9:00 pm -- in the 28 degree weather. I thought maybe it would be champagne slushie, but no luck there. It was a little light on the bubbles though. When DD and I got home from play tonight, DH had cheesecake with Dove chocolate sauce and a vase of flowers for me. Isn't that sweet? Very sweet. Yummily sweet. And you wouldn't believe how well slightly flat champagne goes with cheesecake and chocolate!

Kiwi
Closed Thread