Old 11-11-2004, 08:12 AM   #1  
I'm a homeschool mama

Post Desperate Housewives (Foremerl SAHM's) #283 ~THURSDAY~

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight .
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 08:28 AM   #2  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Happy Thursday Morning

Good Morning Ladies. Hope you all had a great night. Mine was okay. I went to bed at 930 and slept until 115 when Ally woke up to potty. Then I dozed back to sleep and Andrew woke up around 245 but wanted me to lay with him. I was too uncomfortable to go to sleep. So I laid with him until he went to sleep and then back off to my bed around 330 and slept until all 3 kids woke up around 700. All in all it was a good night.
We had a cold front move in. Today's high is what it is now like 50 something and it'll start dropping later on. Luckily I'm staying home until our Girl Scout skating meeting this evening, but I'll just have Alisa, the other's will stay here with dh.
We will school today and I've got a little laundry. Otherwise, I hope to make it a slowed down kind of day.

Roxy, the holidays are obviously the hardest because I LOVE baking. Fortunately, I'm pregnant and not going to care this time, lol. Otherwise, yes you should enjoy the holidays with SOME self discipline. If you know what I mean?

Hello to Michelle, Penny, Spryng, Cindi, Mel, Jill, Jaymi, Sherry, Deana, Chris, Steph, Phoenix and any of you other Desperate Housewives I may have missed. Hope you have a great day.

Okay, since all three kids are up, they'll be asking for breakfast soon. So I'm gonna get off for a bit, but hope to check back later.
Old 11-11-2004, 09:00 AM   #3  
2BoysMom

Good morning ladies...

Bad news...our computer at home is infected with some nasty virus. Don't know how long it will be til it's fixed. I don't have time at work to read and catch up and can just post quick hello's. Arrrrghhhhhh! Not happy. Ticks me off because we have anti virus that we run and update all the time.....Just know that I am still here!

Michelle...I'm going to pm you my email addy so that you can email me Ricci's address for the swap and can you please let me know what date everyone plans on sending again?

Thanks chickies and I'll be here when I can.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 09:13 AM   #4  
a.k.a. Roxy

Hi Crystal,

Sounds like you had a fly by night! Fly by sleep, we're all use to it though as long as it doesn't happen three nights in a row, we survive! How do you pronounce Alisa's name? My oldest daughter is Elissa (pronounced e' lissa short E), just wondering if we both have Elissas. I hope you have a good morning homeschooling and maybe catch a lil' nap! Have a good one!

All of you other moms have a great morning too! Be chatting with you later! I only have two little ones home today so it will be a whiney one. Pre-K is in school today and lil' sis can't figure out how to play alone.
TTLY
~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 09:43 AM   #5  
I'm a homeschool mama

Sorry Geri about the computer. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Roxy, I pronounce Alisa's name just like Alyssa..I just chose to spell it differently at the time. Now I wish I had spelt it the other way. Hope you have a good day. I'm hoping for that nap, but I've got other things I'd like to get done too and when Andrew naps sometimes that's the best time. We'll see.

TTYL
Old 11-11-2004, 10:54 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning girls!!

I slept horribly last night Hopefully I can get a nap in when dh gets home

Not many people up yet this morning so I'll just say a quick good morning

Geri, I'll send you Ricci's Address later today when I get to work, I left my palm pilot there and it has all the information in it Also I would like the packages to go out around the 3rd of december, but I was thinking that some people may be incredibly busy around that time so if you all want to send them earlier then by all means do so I hope your puter gets fixed soon! Have a great day at work!!

Okay I should go make some breakfast.
TTYL
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 12:01 PM   #7  

Morning everyone....or shoudl I say afternoon...hehehe..we had a bit of a sleep in at this house this morning. It was so wonderful. The kids went downstairs and got themselves a bowl of cereal!! and then came back up inot our bed , turned the TV on and cuddled right in..we lied there together till 11:30! It was so great. Them watching cartoons and me having the best sleep. It was great! It worked out to becuase I went dancing with some gfs of mine last night, which was a hoot, and could of used the extra sleep. It was so much fun last night. I needed it. The only bad thing is that I went to a diner with them after. I didnt want them to make any comments so I ate a poutine. Which I enjoyed and it was only a small..but I feel bad about it only because I really liked dancing and burning all those cals and then to eat that..sort of set me back....but whatever today is a new day! It was a great time though.
My plans for today is some school time this afternoon and some major cleaning . We are having people sleeping here on friday night and having a bit of a get together here on saturday. So it should be a pretty hectic weekend so were just going to take it easy the next few days. The cool thing also about this weekend though is that my parents have offered to take our kidlings saturday and sunday ..overnight!! I love being around my kids obviously, BUT the thought of spending a nigh alone wiht my hubby is great. I think were going to do a movie...and maybe a pint a pub. I think it will be great!
anyway I will talk to you ladies later today!
cheers
Phoenix
Phoenix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 01:02 PM   #8  
a.k.a. Roxy

Hi back Y'all!

Crystal- so we do have two (Alyssas)that's great, she get's hers misspelled all the time by other people. I hope you get that nap in. Are you tired all the time yet or do you still have some enery throughout the day. In the last month I don't think I ever went to bed after 8:00. ZombieMom! Go catch some zzzzzzz's.

Hi Phoenix- you young kids! You sound like you have the fun-type pubs around by you. We only have a bunch of old-time farmers having a cold one before they go milk again! BTW what is a "poutine"? I'm curious. Hope you have a fun, weekend !

Geri- I know you might not be able to post, but if you get yours computor fixed tell me what you used, mine is soooo slow and I'm having increasing problems too. Better fix it now rather that wait for the crash. We had a worm, and the Trojan Horse, lucky huh? We also have virus-scanners but these unscrupulous hackers are clever. What's to gain anyway by hurting other people's stuff anyway? I can never understand that. These are probably the same people that "key" others new cars!

Hi Michelle- sounds like you need to catch the zzzzzzzz-train too. Hope you have a better day and night!

Kinda slow again today, but I catch y'all later.

~Roxy
Old 11-11-2004, 02:32 PM   #9  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Hey everyone. I had BAD sleep last night too. Can't tell if it was because I was stressed from school or just couldn't sleep. I went to bed around 11 and didn't fall asleep till after 2 and Bayely got up at 2 raring to go. Not sure what that was about. Anyway had to take Bayley to school with me this morning for a short meeting about my school loans. Found out that one of my loans will get fully paid off if I become a teacher in a low income area! So cool, all the areas around her are low income so yay! Also the rest of the loans get a % taken off for being a teacher too so there is some debt that will be gone soon! YAY so that was the first part of a good day and the second part is that I am in size 8's!!! After a hectic night with Bayley and Hunter Dh told me to go out and chill in town for awhile and I went to Old Navy and just tried some size 8's on as a fluke and they fit! So of course I had to buy them, luckily they were clearance so I didn't pay much. So that's my day so far in a nutshell. Need to work on my homework now while the munchkin is asleep. What are you all up to today?

Crystal sounds like you had an ok night, sounds a little like mine but not as bad. What part of the house is dh working on today? How's school going, are you playing catch up?

Geri AHHHHH hate computer problems. Hope you get it fixed soon!

Oh Chris I meant to write back last night but didn't get to it but wanted to say I would love a new pair of really fuzzy slippers, mine are getting lots of holes in them and they are my favorite but I guess I need another pair. There are some cool, cheap ones on e-bay if your into that kind of stuff. So that's my number one suggestion. I also like candles (rusty, red tones) and smell good stuff (nothing floral). Hope that helps. How are the kiddos today?

Roxy, hope there is not too much whining today! LOL Must be nice to only have 2 at home, huh?

Hi Michelle I need a nap too!!! I think I will go take one after I post this. I hate bad sleep!! So when does your term end? Mine ends the week of Dec. 9th, then I have 4 weeks off! I am sooooooooooo excited. How's work going?

Phoenix what's poutine? Just curious. I finally read that you are from Canada, that's cool! Not sure if this show is big over there but I know Degrassi the next generation is filmed in Canada. Ever heard of it? It's kind of like a teen soap opera and I am totally hooked!! Anyway that sounded so nice about sleeping in and having the kids jump in bed with you, I can't wait till Bayley can do that!

Ok I need to make some phone calls and them jump in bed, I am so tired!! Oh and my mom is in Pennsylvania this week for a conference and she just visited Intercourse PA LOL where they filmed for Better or for Worse with Kirsty Allie and Tim Allen! Kind of cool, she's been checking out the Omish all afternoon. Ok thats it from me! TTYL
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 02:33 PM   #10  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

P.S. Penny I meant to tell you good luck with Andrew. That stinks that it is not getting any better. There is hope that he will though, right? Hope all is well with you. Good luck on the kidney walk!!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 02:49 PM   #11  
I'm a homeschool mama

Hi all. Just got up from a nap, maybe an hour or so. Now we're schooling while Andrew is still napping, that's great. I'll have to start dinner early tonight since we go to girl scouts tonight. Although I can't get in touch with any of the ladies to find out where the skating rink is. It's not in my town and I don't even know the name of it to look it up. I've got some time though.

Jill, sorry about your night. With kids, that's just how it goes sometimes. My mother can never understand why all my kids don't sleep all night. She thinks its the craziest thing and I don't know how she can't get it. Anyways. Dh isn't doing much on the house today. He's working with his mom and the business they're trying to get off the ground. The bank is sitting on our stuff and probably won't get us paid up until Monday which means we can't pay Lowes to order the rest of our stuff until then. We wanted to start framing Monday but looks like we won't until the following week. But dh can start getting our porches framed up and we can get the concrete poured for those. Not a total waste, just not as soon as we wanted. We do also need to frame our well house and we can go ahead and do that too.

Phoenix, sounds like you had some fun last night. Glad you got to sleep it off this morning. Hope you're day is going well.

Hello to all you others. Hope all is going well. TTyL
Old 11-11-2004, 02:59 PM   #12  
a.k.a. Roxy

WOOOO! HOOO! Jill! size 8! ISN'T IT GREAT!!! Way to go, with all the hard work!
WoW! You and Spryng are going to have to start the HOT MOMMA ClUB!
Too cool.

Crystal- glad you got that nap in!

TTYL

~Roxy
Old 11-11-2004, 06:22 PM   #13  
mama of 4little Angels

evening ladies,
our computer had a virus also.But my Dh is a computer techy so it's fixed now.
I also had a horrible nights sleep and i've been ill and on edge all day.I'm going to bed early tonight.Already got kids lunch packed for school.
I at least got my water in today.Well don't feel like posting much.Hopefully i'll feel better tomorrow.Love to all.Sorry so grumpy.Angel
Angel Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 06:53 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Just popping in real to quick to let you know I'm still around. I've been pretty busy these past few days between work and the kids. Hope everyone is having a great day. Hopefully I'll be able to jump on for a longer period of time tomorrow. See you later.
Steph
bobsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 07:06 PM   #15  
burned out bus driver

Good evening!!
Well, Ds got his cast off today.......that was traumatic enough, as it took forever to cut thru. It seems as though they took one look at him....he is a big active looking individual, and figured that no normal cast would do, so effectively he had on a double cast. Took the nurse in the Dr office forever to remove it.....noone could believe how much cast material was on his hand. But it is off, and at least for now, he is happy.
Got some errands done, and got to WW. No loss, same weight (now how did I pull that one off?) And got out for a nice long walk today. And enjoyed the day with NO SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too bad that it all starts up again tomorrow.

Jill- congrats on the size 8!!!!!! Sorry about the poor sleep- I think it was forever (maybe until the age of 2) when Ds me get a few hours of sleep uninterrupted. Hope today was not too tough for you.

Angel and Geri- too bad with the computer woes.......Geri, you probably remember my computer has been infected several times.......most of the time we could trace our problems to Ds. Angel, hope you get some sleep!

Crystal- you get that nap in? How was scouts?

Roxy- I am sure you have heard this a million times.....but 10 children! How do you manage (it would be the death of me!). Bless you, hon!

Michele- you get that nap in??????? I hope so!

Phoenix- oh, I used to love those long mornings in bed....kids watching PBS, me catching up on the sleep I did not get that night (thanks to Ds......or whomever!).
Hope you got your housework done.
Guess I'd better go....got to get Dd bathed and clean up from dinner. Take care.
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote