South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 01:39 PM   #1  
Delicate Flower

Arrow On to Phase 2

Yesterday was my last day on Phase 1. I am a little nervous about moving on, but am up to the challenge. I didn't lose any weight this week but I'm not worried about it. When my back heals and I can exercise again, the fat will come off! (Whether it likes it or not.) I consider it a victory that I didn't gain any weight either since I've been in a horizontal position most of the last 2 weeks.
I may go back to the chiropractor today because my back still isn't as unsore (is that a word?) as it should be.
Anyway, here's to you chickies! Have a great day!

Teri
Old 11-10-2004, 02:07 PM   #2  

Add your starches back in very slowly! I found that I gained back some of the weight I loss when I started phase two but I did a phase 1.5 for awhile and it worked. However this may be about eating more calories than increasing your carbs. If you are adding in fruit and bread or cereal you will need to reduce the size of your meat portion so that you are not increasing your calories by too much.

I included fruit yogurt daily, a piece of fruit about every other day and a starch (bread or similar) about once a week but I increased my legumes (beans, barley etc in soups). This worked for me but everyone is different.

Also remember that your weight loss does seem to slow down about weeks 3-4. This is because you are not experiencing such a great water loss but are losing fat. Take your measurements now so if the scales won't budge you can see if you are losing inches.
Old 11-10-2004, 04:03 PM   #3  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Teri, it sounds scarier than it is. Phase 2 is incredibly flexible...and other than completely falling off plan, it's pretty hard to mess up your losses. Just pay attention to your body, and give each new change at least three days (a week is ideal!) to see how they affect you and to make sure that it's the change and not some other factors (like too much salt or not enough exercise) that are affecting your loss (or lack thereof), okay?

Good luck and know that we're all here to help you through it! If anything, we're all experts on Phase II since most of us have been doing it for quite a while!
Old 11-10-2004, 06:39 PM   #4  
Delicate Flower

Thank you so much, ladies, for the good advice. After todays back adjustment, I should be able to start exercising again next week. He said that I can't do anything that twists or hyper-extends my body, but everything else should be okay if I don't over-do. I am looking forward to more weight loss soon.

Teri
Old 11-11-2004, 02:01 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Did you notice when your body was cleaned out that certain things hurt more? Like my TOM cramps were WAY worse once my body was done detoxing. Does that make sense at all? Or is this just me? And whats this phase 1.5? Because I'm not sure I could handle gaining weight back!

-Aimee
Old 11-11-2004, 03:22 PM   #6  
Delicate Flower

Swimgirl, other then a couple of head aches, I didn't have a pain problem. I stopped my TOM last year though, so if I was still having it, maybe I would.
Did that make sense to anyone but me?

Teri
Old 11-11-2004, 04:24 PM   #7  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Swimgirl, I'm not sure where people are hearing rumors of gaining weight back when you hit Phase 2. I've not heard of anyone doing that unless they did some major cheating.

If it makes you feel better to do 1.5 (meaning incorporating some Phase 2 foods every once in a while, from every other day to once a week) for a bit to ease into it, go ahead, but don't be afraid of the Phase 2 food. It won't make you gain unless you eat huge servings of it.

As to TOM, doing SBD seems to affect it somehow, but my OB/GYN can't find any reason for that other than that losing weight changes your levels of estrogen, which can affect your TOM. If you are in a lot of pain, you might want to see your doctor, just to be sure, okay?
Old 11-11-2004, 08:21 PM   #8  

I've seen my doctor, and they've all said my period is "normal" or related to billions of different things they've diagnosed me with. Apparently I have Endometriosis, and Intercyctial Cyctitis. I don't know if I believe the doctors, but I still try to help my body by avoiding certain foods. I got on my scale again today, I think I'm addicted, and I lost more weight. Me likey!

-Aimee
Old 11-12-2004, 09:16 AM   #9  

Hi everybody,
Fairly new to SBD threads. Started Ph 1 monday so today is day 5. Down about 5lbs so far. Not being as good as I should. Too much fat(at work I broke down, everyone was eating the never ending supplies of cake candy and donuts brought in daily and I went down to the snack machine to see if they had peanuts and found slim jims...tooo much fat) Also not a big veggie or egg eater which is making snacks and breakfast hard. But I am getting some great recipe ideas here. I am proud of myself though. I haven't touched bread or pasta or sweets. It's not easy when you go out to lunch with people who don't have to worry about it. Plus I cook for dh ever night. Last night pasta w/meatballs and garlic bread. The night before heaps of mash potatoes,
but I'm doing it. Last night I did have four meatballs (small frozen ones with 1g or less sugar and very little sauce as I haven't bought the no sugar type yet) I have had some dull headaches, but to be fair, I've also got a allergy/cold thingy going on. Kinda schmutzy if ya know what I mean

But I find what I read here very encouraging. I just can't wait for PH 2 and maybe some oatmeal or ww toast(which really helps get the egg down) But I know...go easy.

ttyl
Old 11-12-2004, 09:49 AM   #10  

DonnaD - I refused to cook for my boyfriend while I'm doing this, if he's not eating what I am, he can make it himself! Hehe, I'm pretty evil though. I'm finding for myself that I need tons of veggies, I am Day 6 of Phase 1. Yesterday I was out and about, and snacked on almonds and a diet nestea, and my scale tells me I've gained a pound back. I blame the aspartame, which gave me an upset tummy Gotta sneak those veggies in Keep up the good work !

-Aimee
Closed Thread