Old 11-10-2004, 11:55 AM   #1  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Default The Biggest Looser - Week 3 (Spoilers!)

Wow, what a show that was! I was glad that they started losing weight again. Also I thought the challenge was way cool and it is nice that they get to have fun at these things too. I was totally shocked that Aaron got booted off considering that he's lost the most on that team. At least he has continued to lose weight afterwards. What did everyone think of the phone call challenge?? I wonder if anyone would have eventually given in and what the others would have done to try and stop them. Now I have to reconsider who I thought would make it through to the end, I don't think that the blue team has much of a chance now because I can't see them losing as much weight as the red team particularly as they got rid of the person who was losing the most. They won't be able to keep up with the weigh-in's unless Maurice really starts taking off huge amounts of weight.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 12:07 PM   #2  
Crazy Canuck

The big question is...will SAPF keep watching now that her eye-candy is gone?
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 12:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

LOL Jill.

I missed the first 45 minutes (had to work late) and came in as they were finishing up the challenge. Am I the only one who thinks the amount they are losing in one week is outrageous? I love the fact that they are losing the weight but someone pointed out last time. They have a personal trainer, working their asses off every day (or thereabouts) and are given healthy food choices (yes I know they have their fridges they can raid if they want, but would you knowing this is just for 9 weeks or so and that you have cameras on you all the time?)

I'm rooting for the blue team but I agree that I don't see them winning too many more times. I think they made the right decision in booting Aaron (eye candy or not). I mean he's lost 34 pounds and it didn't look like he had as much left to lose as the rest. He's average 13 pounds a week. How much longer can his body realistically be expected to keep producing those results that quickly?
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 12:50 PM   #4  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I had Bunko last night, so I taped it. I too think Aaron wa sthe right decision. He can't keep it up for much longer.

I know that their level of weight loss is over the top, but it motivates me. I think, wow, I wonder what I could accomplish if I tried harder.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 01:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I think one of the women said it right ( I dunno her name, watched if for the first time last night) "in the real world losing 5 pounds is pretty big". I guess the point is, it's NOT the real world! Their results are crazy, I'm happy for them because they are clearly working their butts off. I like the red team's trainer, mostly because she keeps mixing it up, which keeps that team losing weight. I am impressed with her And I'd totally kill to lose 13 pounds in a week...
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 01:36 PM   #6  

I really enjoy the show. I do think the amount they are losing at once is insane and probably not the healthiest way in the world to do it. Talk about having some excess skin to deal with. Might take their skin some extra time to catch up. Oh, that reminds me. Little off track. I know several people here that had gastric bypass through the military. The military will give them a tummy tuck after they have lost their weight, but for us doing it the other way through diet and exercise they won't touch. That really irritates the crap out of me. I save them a ton of money and I get screwed. I'm not sure I am understanding their logic.

As for the TV show though, I am impressed at how hard they work. It is inspiring. I just hope that those who get the boot don't get to bummed about it that they go down hill and lose their motivation. Apparently Aaron is still doing well.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 01:51 PM   #7  
Crazy Canuck

That really bothers me too, Tammy! We have a member here who did an amazing job of losing a tremendous amount of weight through sensible eating and exercise (at no cost to anyone) and is now at the perfect weight, but has excess skin to deal with. She can't justify spending thousands of dollars on surgery and puts her family's needs first. I don't see how the medical/insurance industry can consider removal of excess skin as merely "cosmetic" since it can cause deep psychological scars (will they pay for therapy?) plus infections and rashes from loose skin chafing. Totally unfair.
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 06:40 PM   #8  
Jen

That was Kelly that said that about losing the 5 lbs. She's right on of course, if I lost 5 lbs in 1 week I'd be so happy but when you are exercising for hours a day and really watching your weight you'd figured you'd lose more. I still can't get over that Maurice isn't losing more.

Aaron was still over 200 lbs at that point and probably heavier than Andrea. You figure that his ideal weight is probably around 180 or so he could have lost another 40-50 lbs. Kelly said she had voted for him because she thought he was going to vote her off so she was doing an eye for an eye kind of thing, I don't think she really thought he'd be voted off.
Old 11-10-2004, 11:48 PM   #9  
missaprylj

I think Maurice is going to just pick up out of nowhere and drop a whole slew one week....

I miss Aaron, but they made the right choice. My my my he IS hot though....:

I agree with Sandi too, it just makes me think of how much MORE I could be doing...
Old 11-11-2004, 07:43 AM   #10  

I think that show is annoying as ****!!! I really liked the first couple Discovery Health Challenges. But this show falls far short of that.

I thought this show would grow on me, and 'forced' my husband to watch it with me...but everything from the host to the created drama just seem so fake. I was hoping it would be a more serious look at weight loss. They have made it way too cheesy to hold our attention.
vivian10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 08:14 AM   #11  
Jen

Well there is a lot of the show that I don't watch. Like with the last show I didn't watch after they showed that Aaron had been voted off and what he had to say afterwards and that he had lost another 27 lbs after leaving the show. I think there was a good 10 minutes still on after that, I have to check my tape, but if all it is people reliving why they booted off who then I'm not really interested in that.

I think Ryan really showed this week that he isn't the jerk that some people thought he was. He probably uses his own brand of twisted humour to hide how he feels.