General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2001, 01:26 PM   #1  
Momma Frog

Default WOL (walk of life)

I am starting a new way to live today. I am formerly a slim fast user and it just wasn't working anymore. I stumbled across an article on about.com concerning this WOL (walk of life) program I've started this thread to help me stay motivated and "answer" to someone! Anyway, it's a 10 week change around to the way you view walking (and excersise). I'm starting today. Wish me luck! I'd appreciate any support that any of you can give during these next 10 weeks. This program will bring me right up to the day I leave for vacation. If anything, I'll be toned!!

240/230/165 goal

You can find out more about this program through about.com (not trying to plug here, I just don't know if I can list the specifics or a link to the program on this site. Don't want the mother hens mad at me!!!)
Old 06-16-2001, 01:18 PM   #2  

keep me posted, I'm gonna check it out!
Old 06-16-2001, 07:58 PM   #3  
The Basket Case

Smile ME-Too

Me-too,

I'm going to check it out. Good for you Frogger for monitoring and adjusting programs. If one thing doesn't work try another.

See ya

Yvette
260/258/150
Old 06-17-2001, 02:46 AM   #4  

Talking

Hi all ! I'm going to check out the site for WOL ... I too have embarked upon something not a part of my life in the past ... excercise. I walk daily and 3X per week I participate in hydrofit. I feel good for all the excercise; now just have to concentrate on cutting down on the eating.

I quit smoking a year and half ago and put on some weight. Some people tell me they like the weight I am at ... I don't like it though. I would like to drop 30 pounds. I am 5'9" tall and currently weigh in at 167. Would appreciate everyone's opinion on how much weight you think is acceptable to lose. The 30 pound loss would include the 13 I have lost to date ... my goal weight would be 150 lbs. What do you THINK????

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from y'all !

Old 06-18-2001, 06:48 AM   #5  
Momma Frog

Default from the weekend

Loves-to-be- thanks for the support!
This weekend I did my 30 minutes a day which was very hard because it was so hot and humid outside. But I got of my rear and did it. Eating healthy too. (Portion control!) I lifted light weights too. (only 2lbs each) I've never lifted upperbody so I am starting out slow with that. (besides 2 lbs are all I own right now!!! LOL) I've also decided that with walking and weight training, I may not be able to look at the scale the same way either. I will still post my weight, but when I get a chance to buy a measuring tape, I'll start posting those stats.
I've actually become so excited and feel so wonderful from my weekend of success that I am wearing a dress to work! (w/slimming panties of course, but hey, I never wear a dress)

FatKat, actually, I think for 5'9 the charts say 145-165, but you really have to go with what feels good for YOU. I've come to learn if you are going to lose weight, it has to be for you, not for anyone else.

Talk to you guys soon!

240/230/165 goal

Last edited by frogger; 06-18-2001 at 10:34 AM.
Old 06-18-2001, 10:25 AM   #6  
Getting healthier daily!!

Default WOL - help

I tried to find WOL and was not successful...HELP!!! I very interested in this program but when I searched for the site all they said was that they are looking to hire people to work on the site. Thanks...Carleen....

Last edited by Carnation; 06-18-2001 at 10:28 AM.
Old 06-18-2001, 10:32 AM   #7  
Momma Frog

carleen, I sent you a PM with the link from about.com hope it works, let me know. thanks!
Old 06-18-2001, 12:49 PM   #8  
Getting healthier daily!!

Many, many thanks!!!
Old 06-19-2001, 12:13 PM   #9  
Momma Frog

Talking daily update

Did some weight lifting for about 20 minutes (2 lb weights) My arms are feeling the burn today! My upper back too. But I'm OK. Walked my half hour last night (man was I sweating) carrying my 2lb weights with me. It was good though. My boyfriend walked with me so that was nice. Still weigh the same (duh) so I won't bother posting that today. Will stop today after work and get a tape measure.

For dinner I ate 1 spicy black bean veggie burger on a kaiser roll with lettuce/tomato/pickle and ranch dressing. I had about 20-25 baked fries. I admit though that I had a handful of salt and vinegar chips when I got home last night. Too many too, because now I have a salt sore! Guess I learned my lesson on that one!

For lunch a co-worker and I went out to FreshFields supermarket and I made a mushroom cesar salad from their salad bar. (Romaine/spinach leaves/fresh mushrooms/croutons/sprinkle of parmesean cheese/cesar dressing and a splash of red wine vinegar) I didn't make a big one, but I'm having a hard time finishing it, so I won't.

Dinner tonight is hot dogs (we don't eat gourmet let me tell you!!! LOL) and I usually have 2. We'll see though.
Then it's off to walking!
Talk to you guys later!
Old 06-20-2001, 06:51 AM   #10  
Momma Frog

Default Daily Update 6/20

Hi everyone who is following my progress.

Last night I walked my half hour and before that did the weights. (Still feelin' sore though) Wasn't nearly as hot as it has been. Maybe because I went later in the evening. Was late gettting home so I didn't stop for a measuring tape.

***For dinner I ate 2 hot dogs and a side of corn.
***For breakfast this morning I was craving these healthy choice bread stuffs the Phili Beef Steak so I ate one. (not real breakfast food but it sure was good for 320 calories!
***For lunch I have one of those celeste pizzas for one. The zesty four cheese flavor. I think it's got like 400 calories or something like that.
*** Haven't even thought about dinner yet. I forgot to take something out before we left this morning. I'll have to think on that one.

Still the same weight you guys. Just need to find 2 minutes to stop and get a tape measure!

240/230/165 goal
Old 06-21-2001, 06:45 AM   #11  
Momma Frog

Default update 6/21

Last night we traveled over to the mall and walked for half and hour. We ate there (I had a cajum grilled chicken stuffed pita pocket)
Lifted weights when I got home. I still didn't get a tape measure!!!
Closed Thread