South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 06:31 AM   #1  
I vant to draw your blood

Default Happy Hump Day! 11/10

Good Morning Chickies~~

Sorry I was MIA yesterday. My modem had a gas bubble and I didn't have time to burp it before I left for work. Had knitting group last night. So, here I am this morning.

No pounds lighter, than my 5.5, but found out I've lost 12.5 inches total since starting all fresh on 10/25. I figure the pounds will catch up soon.

DD and DSIL will be flying in for Christmas on 12/22 and staying through the 27th. This will be the first Christmas we've all been together in several years. I want to make it memorable, but at the same time, I don't want stray too far off the path. So, I'll be looking for Beach friendly recipes.

Ok, gotta go get my shower.

You all have a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 11-10-2004, 07:21 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Cheez, Mamacita! We were so worried about you! Honest to god, we thought you'd gone blind or something! So glad you're alright...

It's that darned TOM, and I'd like to just sit in the bath all week. I mean, what's the point in bathing and getting out? You're immediately dirty again! What a crock.

I did a TON of tidying yesterday. With the house in disarray from the renovations, the clean laundry just piles up on the floor, and I got it all put away.

Bamie, I know you're out there, and you're laughing. I swear you laugh more than anyone I know... it's delightful.

Sil, we're so glad you're back! I'm sorry you've gained weight, but you'll get it off in no time.

Peggy, is your water back on? Remember not to touch your hair this morning. It's your new "look".

Amy, thanks for the fat formula! Maybe we should put that somewhere handy...

Kim, I hope you and your DS are feeling better soon.

Under a Palm Tree, I'm glad you had a good birthday!!

Ruth and Laurie... hey, you fellow mods, you. How the heck are you?

Must run and get the kids up...
I'll be back later... love to each and every one of you rapidly disappearing, beautiful women!!
Old 11-10-2004, 07:29 AM   #3  
I vant to draw your blood

Well, it's nice to be missed and worried about. I tell you, last weekend, I was a bit worried about me, myself, but since this is a common thing for me, I know the best remedy, and that's staying off the computer and away from books. My two best friends in the known world...whahh... I hear ya on the TOM thing...the BIG PAUSE can't come soon enough for this chick.

Ok, time to shake a leg and hit the road.

Mamacita
Old 11-10-2004, 08:04 AM   #4  
Trapped Skinny Person

Good morning Ladies.

Mamachita glad your eyes are doing better.

Ellis when you are done your place ya wanna come clean mine?

DS and I are both doing better today - was nice to have a day off.
Still did well with eating OP yesterday being home. I've got my yearly coming up on the 23rd and I am currently 11 lbs less then last years phsyical - hoping that to be a little more by the 23rd.

Have a good day all.

Kim
Old 11-10-2004, 08:05 AM   #5  
A Lily from my yard!

Good Morning all!
Ellis..You crack me up! Your right I am laughin at you cause your so funny!
Mama... So glad to see ya and that your shakin a leg this morning! I'm waitin on the big pause myself but I would love for my doc to help me along!
To the rest of you Chickies yet to peck in... Have a great day and stay OP! That's ON plan!
Oh DS is home sick! Yea a lil sinus stuff and he is dying! Paleaze! Really I'm a lovong Mother!

Last edited by Bamiegurl; 11-10-2004 at 08:08 AM.
Old 11-10-2004, 08:07 AM   #6  
Palm tree/Beach fanatic

Morning Mama and Ellis and those yet to come. I'm glad you're back Mama we were concerned especially since you were having problems with your eyes. Ellis what's with TOM anyway, it seems like me and everyone I know have it at the same time.

Well tomorrow I wake at 4 to get to the airport in time. I'm not sure if I'll be able to check in from CA but I'll try. If I do, it'll mean going to my DB's house with the 27 cats. ECK. I'll miss you guys but will be back Monday. My strategy for the trip is this, I'm still going to try to do my version of phase 1.5 which is one phase II food per day, fruit or starchy. I'm a little worried about the plane ride. I'm going to bring snap peas and string cheese on the way.

Have a wonderful day! I'll try to check in again later.
Old 11-10-2004, 08:11 AM   #7  
A Lily from my yard!

Good Morning Under A Palm Tree! You'll do fine don't sweat it!
Old 11-10-2004, 08:32 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

"Chickies yet to peck in"...you slay me, Bamie.

Mamacita, I am so darn glad to see you back. I was going to send you a WTF email. Yes, chickies, the MODs have access to your registration emails.

Next play I'm in will have an all female cast! That darn Ted still does not know his lines and really threw me off mine last night. It was a terrible rehearsal. He'd say something and then not finish it so I'd think I had a line and ask for a prompt when he was the one who needed the prompt - or a cattle prod! Director Maureen was very quiet so I know she is out of her mind with worry. I will meet with Ted this afternoon and try to drill in those lines but I am not expecting much success. He has several long speeches which he has not even started to learn as yet! We open Friday night!

Enough *****ing! The good news is that my signature is now right. Somehow I've managed to get back into ONEderland although I am not being strictly OP. I think giving away the rest of the Halloween crud on the weekend helped the cause. Chips are my downfall. Some of us have Bridge Mix addictions; some of us are addicted to chips!

This morning I do orientation for a new volunteer and her dog at Maple View Lodge. I am hoping that she and Riley can take over the Wednesday morning visits from hershey and me. Hersh is probably going to start working in the "Reading Program" which is a pilot program for TPOC. (Kids who are afraid to read out loud to an adult will read to a dog if they are cuddled up on the floor on cushions.) Hersh has to pass one more test on November 20th which she will likely ace since she's such a good dog. No - shes doesn't have to read but probably could. Can you tell I am proud of my Girl?

Time to waken Harry the Sleeping Beauty and get his day started before I take off on doggy business. By the way, Lucy is her old pre-pregnancy self again; yesterday she took a $20 out of my jacket pocket and munched it up. and What a silly dog!
Old 11-10-2004, 09:02 AM   #9  

Height: 5'-2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx
Some of us have Bridge Mix addictions; some of us are addicted to chips!
Yeah, well some of us are addicted to BOTH!
Hopefully Lucy will poop out a fifty.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:06 AM   #10  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning All!

I'm just peeping in this am! I have 49 student uniforms to sort. I feel better this am because I had a big bowl of slaw and two mini quiches. Last two days I had string cheese. So I'm off to a better start.

Later chickies!
Old 11-10-2004, 09:13 AM   #11  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good morning Beach Babes
Gotta run to get my mammogram this morning but will check in later.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:54 AM   #12  

Morning! Well, I didn't lose anything this week but I have gotten back down to where I was before my camping trip/Mexican dinner. I did make it to the gym last night and it felt great, even if it was only for a half hour.

DH got a ton of pictures from the camping trip developed yesterday. A few are actually not too bad.
Old 11-10-2004, 10:38 AM   #13  
cac

Hi everyone!

My addition..cookies.. and my partner makes the best....

Decided not to do yoga this morning-still sore from yesterday-tonight is the running program.

Food wise I am doing well.

cac
Old 11-10-2004, 10:52 AM   #14  

Default Starting Day 11!!!

So far so good. Made one of the bean salad recipes and it has been a nice change from other veggies. Is the overnight slaw recipe in the book or could someone post it for me. I love coleslaw and looked on the recipe forum but couldn't find it.

Thanks in advance.
Toni
Old 11-10-2004, 12:00 PM   #15  

Good Morning everybody!! I'm on Day 3 and feeling pretty good. I find that I'm not even missing the white stuff very much. Especially the more I read in the book about how it's digested, just doesn't make it very appealing to me. I've been getting back to the gym, which is very good for me especially emotionally. I do have a question for you guys though...how do you keep your blood sugar up? One of the classes I take is a spinning class and afterwards the instructor always tells us to have some Powerade or something to get our blood sugar back up. Last night I felt light-headed and wobbly. How can I keep my blood sugar up without cheating on Phase I?

I was also a little concerned about my calorie intake. I journaled out what I've been eating on fitday.com and I barely broke 1200 calories. One thing I have really liked about this way of eating is that you eat until satisfied and then don't eat again until you're hungry. On Weight Watchers I was always eating to use up the rest of my points, even if I wasn't very hungry. Should I just start eating a few extras to get the calories in a more healthy range (1500 or so) for my weight?

Thanks for your help!
Closed Thread