Old 11-05-2004, 04:11 PM   #1  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Default Old Year, New Goals, New Me Week 45!!

Okay, so it's not a new year any more.

I am here hanging my head in shame as I am reporting my weigh in this morning. I am back up to 229. Horrible and I have no one to blame but myself. I have to be honest about it, or else I will never get it back off.

Goal for this week is to get down at least 5!

Sad Chach
Chachee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 02:38 PM   #2  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hi to all

Well Chachee, I hang my head in shame also. Not one glass of water in the last week. No not one.

So guess what the goal is for this week! I will really make this a top priority. And breakfast also.

Well do much better this week.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Kathy
luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 02:45 PM   #3  

Default I'll Join you as well

I have been on WW for a month now and during that month ive only lost a measly 2.2 lbs. why because i have NOT stuck to the plan like i am supposed to be. So starting yesterday i am on track. I will drink my water, i will exercise, and i will write down everything i intake. Then i will see the results i want to see. We can do this ladies.!!!

Last edited by tracyj1978; 11-08-2004 at 02:07 PM.
tracyj1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 10:22 PM   #4  
Not Giving Up

Hello

Welcome Tracy.

Chachee has done very well on ww and she is great at motivation also. So look foreward to getting to know you. Please tell us all about yourself.

Your right together we can do this.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend

Kathy
Old 11-08-2004, 05:58 AM   #5  
Leaning out of Lurkdom ;)

Height: 5' 7"

i've havent done what i said i was going to do either............geeeeeeeez.... we might have to start thinking about penalties for goofs......... like lucky and i will have to write out 100 times........ "I will drink all my water"...... next week if we dont..... and no copy and pasting!! ~laughing~ shoooooot ifn i had to do that, i risk chipping a nail! not good my hands are the only part of my body i am taking care right now.

welcome tracey!

miss you all heaps

sincerely,
sassy
sweetnsassyfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 09:14 AM   #6  

Hey all. Still working on getting refocused on my goals. I did work out this weekend, but was very busy, so just did the bare minimum. I need to do my weights again. I need to respect my body more, and eat healthier. I am sick of the weight, and sick of the acid reflux. Of course, I am also sick of a lot of B.S., which has led to a lot of the eating. Sigh.

Oh well. Vacation soon. Should be good. Then, focus on getting the part time job, so I don't stress about that.

Here's to a good week all. I will be MIA later this week.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 02:12 PM   #7  

Well, heres some more about me. By the way i meant to put HAVE NOT been sticking to the plan on my later post.. I went back and edited it. I know that sounded corny when you all read it..lol anyways.
I am 26 yr old. I am a full time college student and a full time worker. I was at an all time high of 368 when i joined ww a month ago. I was, and still am miserable. I decided to go back on WW. so i joined again about a month ago. However, this month i haven't stuck to it like i should, so i havent gotten the results i wanted. I went reading the success stories and even printing them off to keep me motivated. I started this past sat with "i can do this i know i can, this is my fresh start on the program" So since sat i have stuck faithfully to the program. I can and will do this. I have to. I am too young to be so miserable.
Old 11-09-2004, 12:01 PM   #8  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hello Ladies!

Gosh, I missed a lot. I was busy this weekend with getting stuff in order around the house. Hubby got home this morning at 2:00 am from Hawaii. Geez, he didn't even wake me up and give me my presents! That's okay, he will today.

We got wonderful news yesterday. My son is now going to start attending the private Christian preschool. It's the best school in town. He has been on a waiting list, and the slot just came open! Wonderful news.

I am down 2 pounds so far, and feel so much better. I did my treadmill yesterday and Taebo today. Momentum is back and I'm on a roll.

Welcome to Tracy. I am also doing WW. I've lost around 35 on the program, but down over 60 from my highest. My goal is to be under 200 by the end of the year.

Hi to Sassy and Lucky--DRINK THAT WATER!!
Hi Jolly! When do you leave for Nashville?? Sorry you are still down.

Alrighty, feeling good and motivated!

Happy Tuesday!

Chach
Old 11-10-2004, 12:30 AM   #9  
Not Giving Up

Hello to everyone

Chachee that is very good news indeed about the preschool. Very prestigious. Way to go on the loss. Now you are back on track. More presents? Maybe they are your Christmas presents and you will have to wait.

Jolly when is it that you get to go and visit your friend? I know exactly how you feel about everything. That is exactly where I am at. CHACHEE do you have any words of wisdom that can help us out?

Tracy way to go on sticking with your program. Good idea to print out stories so that you have some motivation to keep you going. What are you taking in college?

Sassy how are you doing? Hows the water consumption?

I drank 2 glasses of water today. Yeah for me 2 whole glasses.

Must run catch you all tomorrow.

Kathy
Old 11-10-2004, 11:44 AM   #10  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hello ladies!

You know, I was sitting here reading the recent posts and thinking how it seems so "easy" at time to tackle the weight issues, and other days it's harder than anything I have ever done.

I'm with you, Jolly and Lucky, about just being sick of having the extra weight on me. So what do I do? I eat a candy bar. Geez, you would think I would know that will only add to the weight, but I can't seem to stop myself sometimes. Comfort, it's all about comfort. Which leads me to the reason the lightbulb popped on over my head this morning...

Comfort...we all need it and crave it. Some of us get it in food, some in relationships, some in hobbies, etc. I am an emotional and comfort eater. What dawned on me, though, is that while I am comforting myself with food, the end results is not being able to be comfortable in my own skin and clothes. If food comforts me, then why, once I am done with an eating episode, are my clothes not as comfortable as they were a couple days ago?

We end up eating ourselves into a comfort zone, and that is the only place it happens. I know I end up feeling miserable after I am done eating like that, and my clothes definitely don't fit as well...

Are these the ramblings of a person with a healthy relationship with food? Nope. I realize I need to make food something I need to sustain my life, not to make it my life. We must grab control of these issues and realize WE ARE IN CONTROL even when we are out of control. It's all about choices, and I need to start choosing better!

So, for each of us with our own struggles, we must deal with those issues. When the new thread starts on Friday, I think I will be making my goals more towards dealing with my relationships with food.

Happy Wednesday!

Chach
Old 11-10-2004, 12:57 PM   #11  

Default Wed

Hi ladies!

Hello to Sassy, Lucky, and Tracy! I am doing the WW flex plan and also trying to eat low carb (due to diabetes). I don't know what my highest weight was - my dr's scales only weigh to 350 and I was past that point. So I know I have lost at least 50 pounds - 25 on my own and 25 on WW.

I had a great weigh-in Monday - I had a big gain last week so I got down to business - I kept my food journal, I drank water, I cut back on fast food, I didn't add margarine to my food - and lost 8 pounds this past week. I am 2 pounds away from my lowest weigh-in of 297 which was back in late Aug.

Last week I ordered a salad for lunch; they had the dressing on the side, so instead of pouring the dressing over the salad I dipped my fork in the salad dressing. When I finished eating I was surprised to notice how much dressing was left in the little container (it was a little over half full). So I am going to work on making this a habit when I have salad in a restaurant.

I'm feeling more positive this week and am hoping to lose 1-2 pounds this next week. My goal for the rest of this year is to lose 10 more pounds.

It's hard to believe this year is almost over isn't it?

Quote:
I realize I need to make food something I need to sustain my life, not to make it my life.
Chachee you hit the nail on the head.

My time is about up here; hope you all have a good rest of the week.
dixiedarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 06:42 PM   #12  

Hi Gang,
Today was my weigh in. I lost 2.2 pounds. Soo excited. only .6 away from my first 5 pounds. Kathy i am in school for medical transcription. I graduate in may.
Old 11-11-2004, 09:34 AM   #13  
Leaning out of Lurkdom ;)

Height: 5' 7"

so far it seems like everyone is have a good week. Jolly got a workout in. Lucky got 2 glasses of water down her gullet ( wtg my waterbaby ). Tracey lost 2.2 lbs!! fan-dab-you-lust!! dixie lost not only pounds but an old visual has been busted. those itty bitty cups hold alot more then what we think or need!! ~winks n grinz~ and Cachee my Queen lost 2 pounds, exercised and had an epiphany! excellent!!

i'ved had a fab week too. i have 3/4 litre water bottle and i have promised myself to drink 3 of those everyday. just by having 1 in the moring, 1 in the afternoon, and 1 in the evening it tallies up to 2 1/4 litres right there. food wise ~wiggle waggle wave of the hand~ not in the zone yet. its been so hard to get back into the swing of water. exercise this week i been tearing up the house tossing, cleaning, organizing, the works! i've also been able to take that adorable mutt o mine for 2 walks so far. baby steps comparitively speaking from where i was but its a begining and right now anything and everything counts!

well thats it for me, thinking bout my goals for next week..... keep it up ladies!

sincerely,
sassy
sweetnsassyfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 11:56 AM   #14  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Going to start the new thread now.

Chach