Old 11-09-2004, 08:26 AM   #1  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Default Desperate Housewives (Formerly Stay At Home Moms) #291 ~ Tuesday

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories exercising, and drinking lots of water

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight .
Old 11-09-2004, 08:39 AM   #2  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good Morning Ladies!

Phoenix: Welcome! Post often and let us get to know you better. You have really come a long way in your weight loss efforts! What plan are you on? As far as the gym, I am joining Curves this week (as a birthday present from my dh) and yes I have trouble getting there and I only have one home during the day. Sometimes I will go after dh gets up (he works nights), and since it's only 30 minutes and close to home it works for me. Do you have one close to you? Looking forward to hearing more about you.

Sorry I didn't get back here yesterday to post again, it was crazy. Then I get a call this morning from dh, he forgot to tell me they are having a 401k meeting this morning. So he'll be about an hour late today. Then the phone rang again before the kids ever left for school...it was a friends letting me know about a lady that passed away yeseterday so now I may having a Memorial Service to go to this weekend, no details yet.

Cindi and Spryng: Sooo glad your first day went great! Cindi, thank you for the scolding on the chips .

Chris: Does your RA cause you to retain water at any given time? Could that be part of the reason your loss has been so slow? Just a thought. But remember and pound is a pound and that pound is gone forever!

I can't really remember anything else from yesterday, kind of brain dead this morning.

WI today was dissapointing.....I am up 1.5 pounds. I keep telling myself that everyone slips now and then and that was my first slip in almost 3 months since I started, plus tom will be showing it's ugly mug next week. Measurements are this morning as soon as dh gets home so we'll see if Curves maybe helped with inch loss even though I gained pounds. Today is a new day and I am back OP no matter what. I won't make my mini goal so almost time to set a new one for New Years.

Not much planned today except Curves and dh has to work.

Where is everyone else? Hope Crystal and Penny and all the other MIA's are doing great!

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 09:20 AM   #3  
I'm a homeschool mama

Good morning ladies. Sorry I've been MIA for two days. Just been crazy around here. I'll be out all day today too but wanted to check in once before we head out.

Deana, sorry about the gain. But yes you are right...everyone slips. I always look towards Spryng when I slipped. I know that she has too yet she did hit her goal. So don't get too discouraged.

Cindi and Spryng, so glad everything went good yesterday. The best of luck today too.

Hello to all you others. Hope everything is going well.

The slab was poured yesterday. We were outside ALL day watching the whole progress. It looks great and I got tired from watching them. Today, MIL is watching the kids so dh and I can go take care of house business. Ordering doors and windows, exterior panels and some other things. My flip phone is about broken, gotta get that replaced. Anyways, I feel terrible we haven't schooled yesterday or today. If we get back early enough today we will, otherwise, we'll just have to play catch up for a couple of days I guess.
They're gonna start framing next week so that's sounds great.

Okay, gotta go shower and pick up the breakfast dishes. TTYL
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 10:30 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning!!

Deana don't worry too much about the gain, it will happen from time to time Just keep on moving forward. Each new day has the potential to be a great OP day

Crystal so wonderful that your slab was poured!! How exciting!! How are you feeling?

Nothing planned for today except studying, when dh gets home I'll be working on my outline for my paper and stuff. I do need to go to the store and get a dictionary and thesaurus though.

Oh man I have to tell you, Tegan learned a new trick just like a dog!! I will say Teagan lay down and she just drops to the floor on her tummy and rolls over to her back LOL it is hilarious!! What a little cutie!!

Well I better get off here and clean up the house so I can get right to work on school stuff when Zhaun gets home!

Love to all
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 11:12 AM   #5  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Morning all,

Welcome Phoenix. I'm Chris, a sahm of three little "angelic" girls. Well all I have to say is that you found the right thread. These gals are wonderful.

Deana-Morning Mama chick... How is Curves going for you anyhow? Not sure if my RA can cause water retention. I do have to make a doc appt and see when I start to get weened off my anti-depressant pills. I know that has to be gradual. I haven't had a panic attack for awhile now, so maybe I'm ready for that.

Michelle-Such talent and in someone so young.... Aren't kids just hilarious sometimes. Mine have mastered the art of driving me nuts lately.

Crystal-Congrats on the slab. It sure sounds like its really coming along. Is this going to be done before the baby comes? That would be neat!

Well I got my exercise in this morning. Now its time to freshen me up and then start in on the housework. This is becoming quite the routine. Wish my life were more interesting. Humm..gotta go. It's too quiet and Nicole just wandered into the bathroom. Bad combination!

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 11:23 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey Chris way to go on the exercise thats awesome!! I've been getting my housework done this morning as well and thank god it's almost done!!

Phoenix welcome!! I'm Michelle Full time sahm to 2 girls ages 3 and 1 and part time worker I'm sure you'll love it here!

Okay back to the grind!
Love to all
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 01:34 PM   #7  

Ok I think I just realized how this works..lol...I posted something in the other one and now know that this is where your talking..lol...might be a little slow on the uptake, but I always get it....lol

I lost the bulk of my weight with WW actully. I went there when I was 301 lbs after the birth of my son. went for 12 weeks or something and didnt go back but did all the same things at home and went downt o 170. I had two more kids and brought the weight back up to 200. I have been using Dr.Phil and WW which brough me down to 175. Now I am back up to 190 becuase I stopped being proactive for a bit...btu now I am ready to drop back in..I really need the support. My DH is a great guy but isnt really supportive of my weight loss..though he loves that I lsot it..he still bring home JUNK...
anyway I look forward to tlaking to you all.

Cheers
Phoenix
Phoenix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 02:19 PM   #8  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Phoenix- Good job! You figured it out. Anyhow I think your weight loss efforts are remarkable. Keep up the great work. I started WW in May and the weight is taking forever to come off. I've only lost 20 lbs. since May 16. Depressing. I'll take any tricks or tips you have.

HEy Michelle-How's the day going? I really really need to quite playing around on this thing and get some work done. My DH feels neglected and so does or laundry.

TTFN,
~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 02:38 PM   #9  
a.k.a. Roxy

Hi Ladies!

Been very busy these past couple of days. Snow came and went, that's ok. I've been getting my walks in but haven't lost any more weight since Saturday, that's alright cause I'm nursing and I don't want to go too fast. Drinking more water though, which is hard for someone who gave birth ten times, I just get going on something and rats! Have to make a pit stop. Have to do more Kegels. DD#6 is potty training and made her first #2 on the pot! Then did it again today by herself! She was so proud of herself she started laughing and yelling "yipeeee! I a big gurl!" I am so proud! Sniff-sniff

Welcome Phoenix! I'm Roxy, mother to ten, 6 mo. to 20- wife to one tired dude. Your weight loss is marvelous. I hope you tell us more about it in detail! I love success stories! BTW-These ladies are great, I'm looking forward to chatting with you!

Michelle- loved the puppy tail! What a sweetie! Make sure you get the on video for the future!

Chris-glad you got your exercise in today already, I'm going to take my walk after the school children are home. BTW- babies alone in the bathroom can cause more havoc!
you'd be surprized what goes in the toilet.
You sounded so bummed yesterday, okay wanna feel better? Look how much I weigh now. I'd love to be your weight,now! Feel lil' better? Don't feel discouraged, you are doing good! It's alot of work it's not going to happen overnight. You are staying the course, that's the ticket!

Crystal- Yeah! The slab is poured. Are you taking before and after pics? Those are so fun to look at years after. I kindof figured that"s why you were gone, it is so busy when those things are happening, no time for anything else! Keep sane!!

Deana- How curves going? I bet that's why you"re up, your firming up, but I bet you'll lose next week wait and see, your working hard. It will pay off. Keep up the hard work!

Hi all of you other Moms, DH is still home getting ready to go to work and I'll come back and visit and chat then. My DD#5 took scissors and cut a hole in her feather comforter. It looked like a chicken coop up there. I'll sew that up, then be back later.
I'm not even mad or anything. I'm ZEN today. (chanting in my head) "Nothing will bother me, I am at peace today, No one will get to me and make me want to kill them."
repeat continuously for hours.
TTYL
~Roxy

Last edited by 1hot_tomato; 11-09-2004 at 02:45 PM.
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 03:52 PM   #10  
Sherry

Goodafternoon ladies!
I haven't gotten on yet today because I'm home sick! I felt worse today than yesterday. BUT...I'm on my way back! I think I needed the day off. I do alot of talking and yelling to the kids and I think my voice needed a rest. If I would have gone in it just would have gotten worse. Last yr. I had laringitis for 3 weeks! Talk about miserable! The dr. ended up giving me an inhaler which helped alot. Anyway, not much else exciting. Had my parent mtg for Brownies last nite. I think it went very well. We'll have about 9-10 girls in the troop. Our first meeting is next Tuesday the girls are so excited! No work out today either since I'm sick. Hopefully I'll be back to normal tomorrow.

Crystal: I'm glad to hear they poured the slab! Isn't that a great feeling?!

Michelle: That story cracks me up! You know I just heard of the name Teagan this past summer. My daughter had someone on her softball team named that. I love it!

Pheonix: Welcome to the group! This is my favorite thread here. I think you'll like it. All the girls here are so nice.

Deanna: Did you say you joined Curves? Do you like it? I've never been butthere are lots of them around here. We have our membership to the rec. so I use that instead.

Have a good day!
sherybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 04:32 PM   #11  
**Kristin**

hey girls! I am getting some desk work done, so a fly by from me!

welcome to Phoenix! I love your name! Look forward to hearing more from you!

To everyone else I miss chit chatting with you all! I am having so many darn things to do lately! ggrr....

I will try and get back here maybe tonight but I have a scrapbook class tonight at Archivers, and then I have to go srop something off at a cousins, go get the forms to fill out for my new PT job at Payless Shoes, and clean the office for my FIL! whew! I will try try try! TTYL! Have a great day, week, etc!

LEigh, Penny, etc.....you need to come back to us, we miss you! Michelle, I love seeing you on here more !
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 04:50 PM   #12  
**Kristin**

Forgot to tell you that I added some pics to the moms site......about 10 actually! LOL! I finally got the ones from sydneys first day of pre-school and her birthday... ENJOY! I can't believe she is such a big girl!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 05:53 PM   #13  

Hey all! A quick Fly By from me. SOrry, I am sooo MIA. Been really busy. Still have a cold and it's making me sluggish trying to keep up. Love to ya all. Hope you are all well. TTYL
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 07:33 PM   #14  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default Oh wow!

Second day update...lots of call outs, so I had my class ALONE. The director says she has a treat for me and of course I think it's a teacher...NOT...it is a new student! Not just any student, but a Spanish 2 yo girl, cute as a button, but she has Downs Syndrome and CANNOT walk, her parents bring a translator to help them as they speak NO English! The day went well considering but I was SOOO readyto leave this afternoon!

Now finishing dinner and I will be back...I think! My feet sure do hurt!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 09:25 PM   #15  
a.k.a. Roxy

Hi Ladies!
Wow, It's really quiet here now. Anyway I may as well post while I have the chance.

Cindi- Sorry you have had such a trying day today, I'm glad that a nice person was there to welcome the new little girl. I'm sure she was nervous. It's so hard to break the language barrier. Good Luck to you, it sure sounds very hard.

Sherry and Mel- HI! I hope both of you feel better, quite a few people have this bug. Feel better soon!

Kristin- Whoa girl, slow down! You are one busy Mom! Hope you have a nice quiet evening, maybe you can post!

Michelle- I enjoyed your post on another thread (DR. Ornish). Great!

Well I guess since it's so quiet tonight, maybe I'll try back later.

~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote