Old 11-08-2004, 09:36 PM   #1  

Default Oh, this hunger!

I'm a lurker as I've tried WW and South Beach, all to no avail. I had bought DANDR a few months ago and after re-reading it, began induction today.

How rude am I .. <ahem> Hello all

Anyway, this being my first day, I'm totally bummed already! I've already had my 20 carbs and I'm sitting here starving! I'm confused on the directions to "eat no more than 20 carbs/day" and "if you're hungry, eat!". I know not to overdo, but what ARE you to do if you've had your daily limit and yet have that "gonna hurl if I don't eat" feeling?

Here's what I had today:

B - 3 scrambled eggs in butter (.9)
3 strips bacon (0)

L - 3 cups Riviera Blend salad (4 according to package)
1/4 cucumber (1)
3 tiny cherry tomatoes (1)
shredded cheese (2 fingertip fulls) (4)
6 pcs. sliced ham (0)
Ranch dressing (4)

SF jello (2)

S - string cheese (0)

D - 1 chicken breast (1)
3/4 c. green beans w/butter (2)

I know I overdid it on the salad .

So how do/did you handle the hunger on induction? It sucks to be fighting the hunger pangs this bad on the first day !

Thank you

Oh, and the stats in my siggy were from when I was trying WW (again!) ..
LavenderDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 12:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 256/179/135

Height: 5'6"

http://images8.fotki.com/v123/photos...eekd6vi-vi.jpg

You will be hungry until ketosis kicks in, so hang in there!

Also, eat a bit of protein and fat to keep the hunger at bay...there's really no need for you to go hungry. Deviled eggs are high in protein and fat, so I usually will have those around at all times...

Why don't you join us on the Atkins board here!!

Rose
RoseWaddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 03:00 PM   #3  

Hi Rose,

Thanks so much for the advice! I made up some HB eggs this morning before I left for work so I'll have something to go home to today. Today has been better (so far), but evening is my worst time for getting "the munchies". I didn't know if it was okay to go ahead and eat something even if I'd reached the carb limit. Being mildly hungry is one thing, but that feeling like you haven't eaten in 2 days is awful !

I usually stay in lurker mode as I can never be depended on to be consistently active (besides work, I have a country graphics website I work on alot!). But I will definitely be coming here on a daily basis even if it's in lurker mode .

Thanks again, Rose
LavenderDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 11:03 AM   #4  
Baby Steps

Lisa: Sorry to miss this! I'm usually on the atkins daily chat and hardly ever look here. I'll try and do better on that. Otherwise if you want, feel free to PM me!!
I never really counted my carbs. Occassionally I would and it'd be under 10. Surprised even me!! If you want to cut down on carbs, try going lower or no carb salad dressing. Don't sweat the size of the salads though. Just remember, at least you're eating healthy and low carb. Remember, baby steps until you've learned the tricks It's not an overnight process that you learn...it's a lifetime of new discoveries So welcome and keep up the good work!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 07:07 PM   #5  

The deviled eggs really help, protein shakes are also good if you feel peckish. Sometimes the "hunger pangs" are also a result of dehydration, remember to drink lots of water during the day. Its good for your body and cuts down on the ketone breath problem. Just hang in there I promise you'd love the results!
Good_hair_day is offline   Reply With Quote