South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 06:45 AM   #1  
I vant to draw your blood

Default Monday Beach Chat 11/08

Good morning, Chickies~~

I'm actually sitting here drinking sf hot cocoa this morning. It's cold out and it sounded yummy.

Didn't get on the computer much this weekend. Gave my poor eyes a break. Vision is almost back to normal. At least I won't be a menace on the road going to and from work Not that blind I would be any worse than 99% of the drivers here in Atlanta.

Weight-wise, I'm actually up a pound Didn't eat wonderfully well this weekend, and it seems that I've become sodium sensitive, which I've never been, so now, I must watch very carefully how much salt things contain. Ugh! What a PITA. I think this is water weight. So, today I will be a very, very good little Beach Chick and have a big salad with olive oil and vinegar for lunch.

Ok, time to get ready for work.

You chicks have a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 11-08-2004, 06:55 AM   #2  

I was worried about your eyes over the weekend. Glad to hear they are better.
Old 11-08-2004, 07:22 AM   #3  
i luv my dog!

Hello Chickies, good morning.

I managed to stay on-plan over the weekend even though DH brought non-OP stuff into my line of sight! I looked the other way, but did catch my neck craning a few times - LOL. I made the mock potato salad with cauliflower and kept that around for a 'munchie.' It worked out pretty well since its tastes good either warm or cold and kept me from straying. Tonight I'm going to make some red pepper soup.

Mamacita - that sf hot cocoa sounds good right about now. yu,m

Have a great OP day, and stay focused.
Old 11-08-2004, 07:29 AM   #4  
A Lily from my yard!

Good Morning!
Glad to hear your eyes are doin better Mamacita! Hopefully it will be an uneventful week and no stress! Yea I know the chances are slim to none but a girl can dream! teehee
Good Morning Sandbeachgirl! I hope you have a good day.
Me... Well a guy is coming to look at our dishwasher that keeps spitting water out everywhere. I am hoping he say's he needs to be replaced! It is old and does not work worth a flip. We have a homeowners warranty with the house so it is covered but it is only for what we already have which is the cheapest one. The lady said they do options for options I told her we only have 1 and that is to turn it on! haha I will ask the guy about paying for an upgrade and hope they carry one I want. Looking forward to another great week on the beach. My Mom is so funny now when we were shopping Sat. she was telling the dressing room clerk all about SBD and how much weight I had lost and how much she had lost in just a short time and on and on. It was so funny hearing her brag on this WOE! But I was so glad to hear how excited she is about it. Well I better go I can't believe how long I have been goin on and on. I forgot it's monday which is check day! Check on y'all chicks later. Have a good day all!
Old 11-08-2004, 07:32 AM   #5  
A Lily from my yard!

Good Morning Abroad! You posted while I was writing a book! haha Glad you stayed away from evil! haha
Old 11-08-2004, 07:44 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Monday morning, Beachies! I've already eated a vegetable - V8 with breakfast - and have my knee support on ready to walk down for the newspaper with Miss Lucy.

Gail comes this morning and most of the tidying is done. I'm sure she'll concentrate on the kitchen floor this morning as the way the painters cleaned up will not meet her high standards!

I'm smack dab in the middle of rehearsal horror show week so don't worry if I'm not around much. I still don't know my lines but AM getting better - slowly. The male lead still has to have script in hand! Oy!

I'm hoping to get some more bulbs planted today. Wish me luck!

Have a good day!
Old 11-08-2004, 07:48 AM   #7  
Trapped Skinny Person

Good morning all

Official 1 week weigh-in this morn - 6 lbs down -
Not bad - I didn't cheat at all - unless you count the one macaroni I ate while testing for doneness (was making DS KD) I completely forgot - oh well it was only one.

Was going to incorporate exercise into my week by way of my recumbent bike each morning - I actually got up 10 mins early this morning - got on the bike only to realize that the battery is dead - I can still do the bike but the timer/KM/cal counter doesn't work - I did a few mins anyway and will have to change the battery tonight.

Made a batch of taco soup for my lunches this week - and quiche muffins for breakfasts. Cut and bagged up all my veggies too.

I'm doing pretty good with this WOE. No cravings really (and I still have a housefull of halloween chocolate), but I do catch myself sometimes reaching for things out of habit - giving DS crackers etc.. and starting to grab one or ten for myself - but other than the macaroni - I have caught myself each time - Whew

I have been doing well with the water too - up to about 80 ozs per day - I have to make myself stop drinking at about 7pm though - as I have been getting up 3-4 times each night to pee and feel REALLY tired in the morning.

And to all you ladies - thanks so much for being here so early in the morning - it really does help to have someone else in the same boat to talk to - DH just nodding and saying "uh huh" is not really motivating

Kim
Old 11-08-2004, 08:10 AM   #8  
Palm tree/Beach fanatic

Morning all,

Not much going on here. Looking forward to my trip on Thursday. Bamie, we bought a new dishwasher yesterday. It's being delivered a week from today, since I'll be home. It cost a fortune but I'm hoping we'll have better luck. The one that come with our house is a piece of junk.

Been OP over the weekend. Slipped into Phase 1.5 yesterday. I'm thinking of doing a full blown Phase 1 once I'm back. I'm going to wait and see what the scale says when I get back.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-08-2004, 08:36 AM   #9  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, girls!

Mamacita... I'm so glad you're doing better... I was so worried about you!

Must run... I'm heading off to see my psychiatrist.
Have a wonderful day... love and hugs to all...
Old 11-08-2004, 09:02 AM   #10  
A Lily from my yard!

Under a palm tree... Ours is junk as well. I'm looking to spend about 500 on one. My other one was a maytag top of the line and I want another one! DH has pulled things from this one that were not clean and agrees with gettin another one like we had. Big shocker there cause he hates to spend! teehee! I hope this one works out for you!
Good Morning Ellis!
Old 11-08-2004, 09:03 AM   #11  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning all!

Sorry I missed everyone this weekend! I managed to stay pretty much OP but I did have some red wine on Saturday night and I brought my own munchies (pistachios) so i would stay OP but I'm sure I ate too many. I had a steak salad for dinner with oil and vinegar.

I picked up the Japanese noodles and I'm going to try them with spagetti sauce tonight! I'll keep everyone posted. It lists 3 carbs and 2 of them are fiber. Hope they taste good. They look like angel hair pasta.

Hope everyone has an OP kind of day!
Old 11-08-2004, 09:22 AM   #12  
cac

Hi everyone,

It has gotten cold here in NYC. It is a nice change.

I have not lost weight but today the belt is one notch tighter. I am still loosing inches but not weight. Ugh. I got up 45 minutes early today and did yoga. I feel great. Sunday I ran the park loop (3.4 miles) in 39 min and 45 sec. This is such an improvemnt for me. My next goal is under 35 minutes.

cc

Last edited by cac; 11-08-2004 at 01:53 PM.
Old 11-08-2004, 09:25 AM   #13  
Almost 20 lbs gone 4ever!

Good monring all! Well, i was encouraged to learn (when I finally got up the nerve to get on the scale) I was only up one pound from the record-long trip to las Vegas -- woo hoo! I did workout twice while I was there, and all of the walking must have helped. So, I went to Curves on Sat. and I am packed to go again at lunch.

Hope everyone has a great OP day!!!!

lauren
Old 11-08-2004, 10:23 AM   #14  

I'm back from my camping trip. I had a wonderful time! I was cold on Friday night (probably upper 30's) but it warmed into the 80's on Saturday and wasn't too bad on Saturday night (maybe mid 40's). I did pretty good on eating during the trip although I ate more WW tortillas than normal. Had lots of veggies to snack on and OP food for meals. I did eat Triscuits which are higher in salt than I usually get and I didn't drink as much water as normal. I also had two bites of cobbler and we stopped for Mexican on the drive home. I was doing good until the Mexican food. Oh, well, I am up 1 1/2 this morning but I'm sure some of it is water. I've got a great set of meals planned for this week so I'm sure I'll lose it soon.

I did get lots of hiking in. Brian and I would get up early as the sun was just coming up and go exploring the trails. I took pictures of the sun coming up over the lake too. I also ended up teaching several sessions of volleyball. I haven't played in years but I am still a strong server. Then parents had to participate in the sack races and the egg toss. At least our egg broke on the ground rather than all over me! We got to visit with lots of friends and had a pretty relaxed weekend. Only bad part was that my face and neck are badly sunburned. By the time I remembered sunscreen it was too late.
Old 11-08-2004, 11:14 AM   #15  
A Lily from my yard!

Barb.. Sounds like you and DS had a good time! I'm sure you could tell a big difference in your weight loss with those kinds of activities. You are doin great and I'm sure it is water weight as well. Just traveling makes me retain. You are an inspiration! I bet your son is very proud of you!
Goldie...Glad to have ya back! We've missed you!
CAC... I'm with you on no pounds but things are looser! I'll take it any way I can get it! haha
Anchor... Your doin great! Let us know about them there noodles! (A lil real southern talk fur ya!) haha
Closed Thread