Old 11-06-2004, 07:06 AM   #1  
I'm a homeschool mama

Post Desperate Housewives (Foremerly SAHM's) #288 ~SATURDAY~

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories exercising, and drinking lots of water

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight .
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 07:17 AM   #2  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Happy Weekend

Good morning ladies. It's 10 after 6, just got up about 10 minutes ago. Andrew woke me up. I think we slept okay. Went to bed at 1000, Andrew woke up at 100, I laid with him for almost 30 minutes, got back in my bed and slept until we got up. He has done so good without the girls being here.
Dh and the guys will be working out there today so it's just Andrew and me. Gonna do alittle cleaning, maybe some napping and really some planning on the house. Watched that new show last night on HGTV...Designer Finals. That made me really excited.
My mom is taking the girls to the zoo and will have them home later this afternoon, close to dinner time.

Michelle, I haven't forgot to take pictures of the house progress, I just haven't had them developed yet. Of course, the best things for you all to see will be the slab so I'll take some pictures of that after Monday. Glad you got your school work done.

Deana, that's how it goes with kids, some like what you cook, others don't. There is NO pleasing everybody, believe me.

Hello to Spryng, Penny, Mel, Jill, Jaymi, Chris, Angel, Janiqua, Sherry, Steph, Amy and all you other wonderful Desperate Housewives. Hope you all have a great day.

Tomorrow is my QOTD, but not many people post on Sundays, so I thought I'd ask it now and maybe again tomorrow, if that's okay?
QOTD: WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE HOLIDAY RECIPE? PREFERRABLY ONE YOU MAKE?
Answer: I'm always asked for my pumpkin cake roll and poppyseed cake. Neither low in fat, I do use as much low fat ingredients but don't think it effects it that much. The poppyseed cake is SOOOOO easy and really good, but the pumpkin cake roll is a pain in the you know what to make, but everyone LOVES it. Dh's grandma actually asks for it every year and for a grandma to ask, I find that special, lol.

Okay, gotta do some stuff on the net. Have a good day. TTYL
Old 11-06-2004, 08:17 AM   #3  
Jeniqua

Good morning ladies!! Last night was a rough night for me..hubby got mad at me a broke the mouse and keyboard on the computer!! He was mad because he said that I spend too much time on the computer..ok, may I vent?!? I told you ladies that my husband took this past week to work on the house so we can go to closing. He didn't get anything done on our house! He helped a friend with his house instead and the friend promised to help him in return. He never came over to help! My husband is a volunteer fire fighter and a volunteer EMT. He does a shift on Saturdays from 5pm-midnight(he usally gets home around 3am). Well, this week he's been volunteering everyday! He got up at 8am and came hame late at night but he wants to complain of me being on the computer all the time, I don't think so! The computer is my only way to interact with other women and to make friends. We only have one car and he takes it on the road with him all week. I am stuck at home Monday-Friday and most weekends. The only time I really get out is to go to church. Most wives would of had enough by now. Anyways...that's why I wasn't able to get back here last night. Thanks for listening..

I am doing great with my eating! I've lost 2 pounds since I began my new healthy way of eating and exercising again. I am so happy..38 more pounds to go.

Crystal~ You really get up early! During the week I am up by 6am but on the weekends I look forward to sleeping in. I'm glad your husband is making progress(my husband sure isn't..uugghh.)

QOTD: CrystaL a pumpkin roll sounds really good! Can I get the recipe?? I llook forward to making my home made sweet potato pies for Thanksgiving. My family loves my carrot cake..I use a cake mix box but I add my own ingredients as well..It's really yummy!

Well here's to a great Saturday!!!
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 09:55 AM   #4  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Morning ladies...
I guess I must have missed a question in the posts yesterday. Anyhow, my oldest daughter has a small tv in her room and a nintendo. Kayla has a small tv and a vcr (makes her feel big but she hardly ever watches it). A tv in our bedroom. One in the playroom for the playstation and additional dvd player (great for when I want to work out and they want to torture me with Lion King or that darn Jamaiica Barbie movie). And in the family room we have the works (tv, dvd, cd player, digital cable, surround sound). Can never have enough electronics according to my husband.

Today is a work day again. We go back to work more on my sister's place. I brought some of her laundry home last night and only have one more load to do. I thought my Mt. Washmore was big....Holy Cow! She has Mt. Everwash.

Sharqueen-I hear you about the computer being a link to talking to other women. I don't have any friends around here and this site especially has helped me along with my weight loss. My online network of friends. Its okay to vent on here. I vented the other day about my kids. They were horrible. You can scream and yell all you want on here.

My favorite holiday recipe is my mom's pumpkin pie. But if you want to know what I make, its a family recipe that is passed down from my grandma. Its called Cake and Cheesecake. It's a combination of cake with cheesecake baked in the middle. Very very delicious but very high calorie. My grandma died 2 years ago, so my mom passed the pie plate and the recipe to me and now I've been the one making it for the special occasions and for all the family who want it for their birthdays. (that would be just about everyone in the family, except for the kids). I also make snickerdoodle cookies at Christmas time.

Gotta get back to the laundry nightmare. I'll check back later.
~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 10:01 AM   #5  
I'm a homeschool mama

Hi all. Got breakfast done, kitchen cleaned, laundry going, bed made, livingroom picked up and my hair washed. Me and Andrew are dressed too. He'll probably fall asleep shortly since he was up at 600.
Jeniqua, sorry about dh's outburst. I think you know the best thing to do is let him have his fit and play the sympothy card as long as you can. He'll realize what a jerk he was and all you do and do without and he'll come around, at least I hope so. I'm glad you want that recipe, but it made me realize I have to find it. I can't remember for the life of me where it is, but I've got to find it.

Chris, lots of electronics in your house, sounds like a BIG house too.

Hope you're all having a good morning. Check back later.
Old 11-06-2004, 10:36 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Good morning ladies. Sorry I never got in here yesterday. I got some things done around the house and spent time playing with the kids. Then my sister came over last night for dinner and we played Trivial Pursuit 20th Anniversary edition. It was fun. Tonight the kids are going to my parents so hubby and I have the night to ourselves. We are going out to dinner and then going to start Christmas shopping. To answer the question about the tv. My kids share a room right now and they have a tv/vcr combo. However, they aren't allowed to watch it on school nights. They don't really watch that much tv anyway. We also have a Nintendo 64, which is in their room, but not hooked up, and a Playstation 2 and Gamecube. Those are in our room. As far as recipes go. I make a chocolate rolo cookie that is to die for. It is a chocolate cookie with a Rolo candy in the center. Definitely not diet friendly. Probably going to go to the gym tomorrow so I'll jump on the scale there to see how well I did this week. I bought a new scale for at home and liked the results I saw, but I want to compare it to the gym's scale before I post the results. I want to be accurate. Well I need to get moving. I'm still in my pjs. I'll try to get back on later. Have a great day!
Steph
bobsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 11:05 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning ladies!!

Jeniqua I'm so sorry you had a fight with dh I totally understand why you require the internet to interact with other people, since you don't get to leave the house during the week. My question to him would be why on earth does he think you spend too much time on the computer when he is gone most of the week? I mean for crying out loud you need some YOU time and interaction with other adults as well.

Steph, I can't wait to hear your weigh in!!! I'm glad you are seeing good results on the scale

Chris your DH sounds like mine! Must be something to do with Montana men although mine isn't from Montana. My hubby must always have the most up to date electronics! It is freezing here this morning! Whats it like over there?

Now QOTD: My favorite holiday recipe is thanksgiving dinner the wholeeeee dinner lol. I make buttermilk biscuits, pumpkin pie, rosemary turkey, cornbread dressing, cranberry sauce from whole cranberries, green bean casserole, onion wraps (which is a green onion with the stalk trimmed but not cut off, with a piece of thin sliced lunch meat with cream cheese spread on it, wrapped around the onion with the green stalk sticking out.) MMMM now I'm hungry.

Okay my girls are being rowdy and won't let me finish posting, I'll BBL!
TTYL
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 03:33 PM   #8  
Hip & fit but... chubby

Hello ladies!

I had a good day food wise - FINALLY! - so I'm pretty happy

Dh and I also went to Ikea and got some little accessories for the house, so tomorrow I will be working on improving some areas of the house from a feng-shui point of view. Anyone else into feng shui?
ElisaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 03:59 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hello ladies!

Well we had another crisis last night. Hot water heater started leaking and soaked my bathroom and into my living room. there was no turn off valve so I called MIL (woke them up) to see if she knew what to do and she called the water department and they gave us the run around, etc. Well they finally came out and turned the water off and then dh drove home at 4 am this morning (after 16 hours of driving) slept for a little bit and is now trying to fix it. It looks like all we need is a new pressure relief valve and if so will be a cinch to fix, but if that doesn't do it we will have to think about calling out a hot water heater guy or buying new one, either way spending way too much money. I hate when stuff like this happens.
Also, Tanner's first night in Ava's room was last night. He cried for about 15 min right after I put him in his new playpen and then went out and slept great all night. I was so glad. I had fun in my room by myself too! I downloaded and listened to some music, kept my lights on, lol... it was weird but nice, lol.
Anyway, can't be on here too long, dh is already yelling for me from the bathroom. But I wanted to check in. We are probably going to MIL tonight after he gets it fixed and not sure what is planned for tomorrow. I'd like to take the kids to see The Incredibles tomorrow though, looks so cute. Anyway... he is getting frustrated so I better go, lol. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 05:39 PM   #10  
Sherry

Goodevening Ladies!
I'm here, better late than never. Looks like alot of us aren't on on the weekend tho! FAmily things to do I suppose. Not alot happening here. Nice quiet weekend, just the way I like it. I'm quite the homebody so when we have no plans I love it! Tomorrow too! Did some laundry today, ran the dishwasher, not much excitement. It was nice and sunny today! Yeah!

Jeniqua: I'm sorry you hubby's being such a butt! I know what you mean and from time to time Jim has gotten mad at me too but they soon get over it. Your hubby shouldn't be mad, he's never home for petes sake. I'm glad you fixed your mouse or bought a new one so you could be here.

Crystal: You sound like you're having the same kind of day as me. Also, your QOTD is making me hungry! Poppyseed roll, pumpkin roll, cheesecakecake my goodness!

Sprying: sorry about the water heater I hate when that stuff happens too and then if you have to replace it it puts a big dump into the funds!

ok my turn for QOTD: I'm really not much of a cook! DH is the cook in the family. We take turns w/holidays in my family. There are 4 of us kids so we alternate each yr. christmas and thanksgiving. Mom and dad do Easter. I'm usualyput in charge of the salad as I AM a greeeeeeeeeeeeeat salad maker if I do say so myself. I love finding new things to put into them. It's kinda a family tradition here to have patetsa(sp?). You should know that one Crystal if you like poppyseed roll, right along those line. My family goes to a slovenian bakery in Euclid to get it. It's soooooooooooooooo...good!
sherybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 06:28 PM   #11  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Afternoon ladies

I just got home from cleaning my sis's house. I'm wiped. Not really from the cleaning but more from the kids fighting all day. Kyle bit Nicole twice. Kayla and Samantha played good for awhile. I brought home the last 4 loads of her laundry to do. Then its going to be all up to her.

Crystal-Just lots of electronics. The house is about the size of the one you're building. We have a little over 2100 sq. feet. It's a tri-level house. The main level is kitchen and livingroom. Upstairs is 3 bedrooms and the bathroom. Basement is one bedroom, family room and bathroom. And a lower basement that is the playroom and laundry room. If the kids don't start playing in there though...I'm going to repossess it and make it into a sewing/exercise room.

Michelle-You would not believe how nice it is here. Kind of breezy but its in the upper sixties today. Nice!!!!

Spryng-Why are you getting slammed with all the problems all of a sudden. You poor honey. So....Is DH getting a little mad about it? Mine would be screaming his fool head off and calling things piles of crap. Well, when it rains it pours. Glad Tanner did good last night. Glad you did good too. Sometimes its hard for the parents to get used to the separation too.

Steph-A chocolate rolo cookie? Hummm....I love rolos. Must be one yummy cookie. Might have to get the recipe from you for my kids. Okay, maybe I want a nibble too.

Hey Elisa-You and your DH must be busy busy busy. Haven't seen you post much. Congrats on your good food day! Keep up the good work.

Sherry-You're a homebody too. I'd like to get out more but its just too hard with 3 kids. I just can't handle it. Trying to go to the store is like being pulled in 3 different directions. Too many tears, too many fights, and its just miserable for everyone. It's just easier to stay home with them.

Well Jill, Cindi, Jaymi, Penny, Mel, Angel, Deana, and all you other gals out there. I'm going to go visit my addictions websites...POGO and SLINGO.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 06:51 PM   #12  
I'm a homeschool mama

Chris, my mom's house in one story but sounds like yours with all the rooms. Let's see, there's the tv room, the play room, the sun room, guest room which all the girls call the princess room because it's a canopy bed. The livingroom and of course the master bedroom and dining room.

Sherry, yes all these things are starting to get me excited and I still can't find my recipe...I'm gonna be in trouble.

Spryng, sorry about the terrible night and the problems. Hope they get worked out.

Well, the guys worked all day on the steel and didn't get it quite finished so they'll be doing it again tomorrow to be ready for our pour on Monday. The girls are back from the zoo with my mom. Guess we'll be hanging around here tomorrow except going to Walmart to pile up on bottled water and some hot dogs so I can fix all the people helping us on Monday some lunch and such.

Not sure if I'll get back around tonight. So hope you all have a good one and check in later.
Old 11-06-2004, 07:55 PM   #13  
Sherry

Hi girls! Well, I made it 2 times today!

Chris, yep I love staying home however I do like to go out to dinner. That's probly my favorite thing to do. I must admit, when you stay home all day the kids start to get a little antsy! Mine are atthis momement giving each other wedgies! YES, you heard me right! Strange? YES! LOL! We are going to watch Cheaper by the dozed in a few minutes so hopefully they'll settle down.

Crystal, I love the holidays! Christmas is actually my favorite holiday and espcially since Santa still comes to our house!

Have a good nite girls!
sherybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 10:19 PM   #14  
soontobethin

Good evening ladies.
Sounds like everyone is doing pretty good. My boys are watching Shrek 2 right now. It's such a funny movie.
QOTD: My boys have a tv,vcr and playstation 1 in their room. But, like others, they turn the tv on for back ground noise. I have checked on them a few times, and they are reading, or playing hot wheels, and not even paying attention to the tv. They don't really play playstation either. We have a tv,PS2,computer and dvd player in our bedroom. The living room has a big screen tv, and a home theater,and a stereo.
QOTD 2: My favorite recipes I make are pumpkin pie cake, and this isn't really a holiday recipe, but I make it when its cold out, bake potato soup.
School is going good. I am making tips from my clients. About $20 a week. I am getting pretty good at things. I did have a client from **** last week. She wanted highlights in her hair, and her hair was down past her butt. Then she kept complaining that I didn't know what I was doing, she was afraid her hair was going to fall out, she was mad that my teacher wasnt' watching me the entire time,(like I'm the only student who needs help) she couldn't belive it was taking so long. Foils take about 2 hours for someone with shoulder length hair. Needless to say, we were there past close that night. If all the people who came into the school were like that, I might consider quitting. Thank goodness most of them are really nice.
Well, I will try to check back in tomorrow. Have a good evening.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 10:39 PM   #15  
2BoysMom

Good evening all,

I love the weekends...so much easier to keep up with you all

Ricci...I HATE people like that woman! She probably complains about every little thing in life like that. So happy school is going good for you.

Sherry...wedgies? Too funny! I can see my guys doing that when they get older.

Crystal...sounds like the house is coming along. Impatiently waiting for pictures .

Chris..sounds like you had a wonderful day with the kids today

Spryng...how's the water heater coming? Good thing dh is able to come home now and fix those things but bet you're about ready to tear you hair out with all this crap happening! Glad Tanner is adjusting quickly to his new room. You need your own space and you could always put a monitor in your room if you want to hear his breathing/sleeping sounds. Are you all ready for work on Monday??

Hi Michelle...the challenge...hmmm, well I have good days and bad days...about half & half. I have a tough time with my water when I'm working....been too busy to be running to the bathroom so much.
Congrats on the 2 days of good eating! Did you make it 3 today? How's the exercise coming and when in the heck do you find time for everything???

It was in the 60's today...odd for November. Dh spent the day getting all the leaves mulched up. Will was outside most of the day with him..except when he would come in dragging all kinds of dirt in on his shoes...right after I vac'd and swept don't you know . Did about 4 loads of laundry, some rearranging of the toy boxes...finally got one out of the living room and into the boys room. Still way too many toys around here.

QOTD's:
Favorite holiday treat...pumpin bars with cream cheese frosting...I could eat the whole pan.

TV's..none in the boys room...YET. We have a tv/dvd combo in our room; a tv in the guest room; tv, dvd, surround sound, vcr in the living room; tv/vcr combo in the family room; tv, dvd, stereo, vcr in the basement. Must have our tv's You would think I sat around watching it all day. Here too it's on most of the day but no one's really watching it. I do try to catch my fav's at night.

Well, I brought some reading home from work so I think I'll go do some of that now. It'll put me to sleep for sure .

Hope you all have a great Sunday and I'll check in later.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote