Old 11-04-2004, 09:14 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Chit Chat # 87

Welcome to the Jaded Ladies!

We are a friendly group who share all the ups and downs of our daily lives... not just weight loss. Won't you join us?
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 10:34 PM   #2  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good evening Ladies. No one in chat tonight, or at least this late. Hope you are all okay.
I had another eventful day. I had to go in once again for my earaches. I had already had steroids and an antibiotic and thought I was getting better. Then at 4 a.m. I woke up with an excrutiating pain in my ear. Called the doc and he wanted me to come in. Okay, another office call. Yep, it is still infected and back I go on meds.
Got the house in tip top order for the realtor's visit. She was really complimentary about our property. Got all of our questions answered about condos. We go look at another condo complex tomorrow. Then have all winter to make our desicions.
I imagine we will have to go out to eat tomorrow. I have just about emptied the ref. and freezer. We actually only had leftovers tonight. Well, there is still soup and rolls.

Wishing a good Friday on you all. Hope it is warmer where you are...brrrrr.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 11:14 PM   #3  

well I hope that you all don't mind if I join you. I am a SAHM mom of an 18 year old girl. I am 22 and don't have a career. When my daughter came 3 months early, it sort of put my plans off. Right now I am not sure if I can go back to working at fast food joints (no offense to those that may or have) because that just isn't for me. My husband is a Marine and I am thinking of going into the AF. That is one of the reasons why I am trying to lose weight and get into better shape. I want to be better financially and even though I don't agree with everything military, we can't afford for me to go to finish up college so I figure that that may be the easiest way of doing things. We want alot out of life and just don't see ourselves being able to do that how we are now. Besides, i do what another child once we get ourselves in better shape financially (and me physically since I don't want to have to go on bed rest half way through another pregnancy).

Besides that, high cholestoral runs in my family and my littel brother (he is going to be 20 in Jan) got news today that his is VERY high. He has never been overweight a day in his life and that sort of scares me being that I have and my father died young because of complications with it. I don't today was an eye opener. In Dec. or Jan I will get mine looked at though. He has a little one on the way and so that scared him too. Anyway, enough sharing for right now.
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 11:35 PM   #4  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Welcome Gabrielle,

Sue about 10 years ago I had cronic ear infections, some times so bad both ears I thought Iwas going nuts. And of course each time Im on antibiotics I get a yeast infection so I was not having any fun. Have you tried candling? you can get them at a health food store.

I had such a great day!

Cleaned the house till its sparkles, then went out for lunch with Becky she wasn't feeling all that great so she cut it short. Which was ok cause I did a couple of gift buying. One step closer.
Picked Monte up from work so he could pick up his car at the shop,,,oil change stuff. Went and picked up my Avon and wow the eyeshadow I got is great,,,,,
Had dinner which I had started at 11,,,crock pot. Then went shopping with Angelika and got another 2 presents! Wahoooo I am 2 steps closer to Christmas!
And now at 9:30 i can either watch a bit of tv or finish my book I started.....

I was suppose to get tomorrow off too but Im working for a woman in my office so she can go meet her daughter in the next province. She get this was told her daughter and 2 sons died in a car accident 14 yrs ago. So can you imagine her shock last Thursday when a social worker called to talk about her daughter wanting to meet her? So far thats all I know, and am the only one other then her husband that knows. And well now you all know...lol Ill keep you updated. Im thinking that as a goodwil thing Id like to throw a *BABY* shower for her....lol

anyways Bran needs the puter
night all
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 07:50 AM   #5  
GmaTo8

Smile

Good Friday morning to you!!

Sue - hope your ear is better soon. The chat room was empty when I stopped by, too, but I think I may have been an hour off, lol. Good luck looking at condos today. That sounds like fun!!

Gabrielle - welcome to our little group! Your DD is 18 months? What a sweet age. I have 5 DGDs and love every little stage they go through, lol. If your DH is a Marine, and you join the Air Force, where would your DD live? Yep, I can understand your desire to lose weight now and get your health under control. Wish I'd kept it off when I was your age!! Hope to see more of you around here.

Angie - hope your buddy Becky is feeling better. (that's a tongue twister!!) I also am just about done with my Christmas shopping. Yesterday I picked up a Sponge Bob TV remote 5-game thingy for DGD who is 5. She'll love that, lol. It's sweet of you to go in today for your co-worker. How bizarre about her situation!! Where in the world has this girl been for the last 14 years??? Please keep us update on that! How about we call this saga "The Young and the Rest of Us" , lol.

Hi also to the other Jaded Ladies and anyone reading this.

The temp this morning is 39 degrees... brrrrrr!! Good sleeping weather, though. I have to finish laundry today and not sure what else I'll do.

BBL,
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 10:25 AM   #6  
Give me strength

wwwwwwwwwwohhhhhh woke up to a major wind storm. Its not really cold its just really windy.
Jane, the girl Chantel has been in foster care, was told her mom died and of course Lori actually went to Chantel's funeral. Buried a coffin the whole bit. Ex Husband planned this hoax, thing is he didn't want the kids either. He hid them down in the states with his uncle, then after a few months brought them back up and then within two year they were in fostercare. sad.
well off to work I go,,,,
Angie
Old 11-05-2004, 11:12 AM   #7  
RosieKate

Good Morning, All!

Angie - that's a heck of a story...that mom must be feeling like she won the lottery or something. Nothing short of a miracle....so now does the XDH get sent to prison for kidnapping?

Jane - I enjoyed talking to you, too. Wish I had more time to chat..... You have reminded me that I need to shop for my kids. Need a bday present for my DS, then Christmas presents for both. I am walking distance from a great toy store called Thinker Toys and I found out they are having a big anniversary sale this weekend, so off I go! I love my neighborhood... if we ever have an Oregon JL get together, we should have it here and Susan and I can show off our wonderful Multnomah Village. Of course, she'll have hightailed it to Hawaii by then

Mindee - your little Bdo is so cute - I bet Halloween was very special for your family. What are your plans for Thanksgiving and Christmas?

Cristi - I'm looking forward to reading about your new plan...I like the walking stuff in your sig. As you know, I walk for exercise also. What's WATP? Is that a video or something?

Gabrielle - welcome - we all love to chat and share our ups and downs here. !8 months is such a fun age - does she toddle all over the house? I have friends who have been through the trauma of preemie births and I must say I have such admiration....that is such a scary time and the parents have to be so strong...thank goodness for modern medicine.

Well, I am off for my morning constitutional - we are having gorgeous fall weather today. A bit nippy, but the trees are turning, so it is lovely and the sun is shining. Today I have to track down our arborist as I have been told by our electric company that our poplars are going to have to come down... they are dying and are too close to the hot lines. Yay. These trees have been bleeding us since we moved into the house. If you ladies ever want to plant trees in your yard, do not plant poplars. They grow fast, have shallow roots systems and tend to drop branches...yuck.

I am also in the midst of redoing the framed pictures and artwork in my living room, so I'm off to Michaels today to get some supples. I'll be framing a series of B&W photos of my children to hang in my LR. I guess I am in "change" mode. Change my living room, got some new glasses, going to highlight my hair....I'm on the homestretch to turning 40 in June, so I am trying to convince myself that I am NOT in a rut, lol! I still have a sense of spontaneity..I DO! I KNOW IT!

Ha ha - Have a great day everyone!
Katy
Old 11-05-2004, 08:15 PM   #8  
Closed

Hi Everyone
I wanted to pop in and say hi,I am still feeling under the weather but I am slowly getting better .
Hi Susan
So happy to hear that you made it safely ,and that everything is working out so well I wish you much happiness and all your dreams come true,
Hi Sue,
Sorry to hear about your ear infection I know that they can be very painful , I hope this batch of medication clears it up real soon take care.
Hi Angie
I was wondering what that bright sparkling sensation was in the sky now I know it was your house good job I can see it from here. I was wondering if you had any extra snow up there you could send to me , I think it might help get me in the decorating spirit ,which seems to be lacking thus far. Which book are you reading if you don't mind me asking.
Hi katy
We contacted an arborist here to take care of some dead braches on some of the big trees that surround our property but they were so expensive I couldn't believe it. I think thats great that you are making changes no better way to feel better than to perk things up highlights are a nice touch, I wish I could get motivated to do something ,anything I am in a rut, no mistaking that ,although I did buy a new purse after 8 years. I knew it was time when the kids start asking if I might like a new one.LOL
Hi Jane
i am happy to hear that you weight loss is going so well , what is it that your doing that keeps you on track.I am truly frustrated with myself I have carried this extra thirty pounds off and on for almost 2 years. I have never been overweight before but this feels like something I just can't seem to get control of, its definitely an emotional thing with me. I was reading about your christmas traditions ,they sound very nice ,I think they are so important for families to have them, so many things have changed in my life I don't know how to go about making new traditions to replace the old ,I think that this year will be difficlut for me I have no desire to celebrate Christmas and this is my favorite season of all.I hope this is a temporary feeling, I would be saddened to miss something that means so much to my family .I hope that your family is well
, I suppose the little ones are already making their christmas lists.
Hi Cristi
What did you do ,get mad at yourself ,last I read you were disgusted LOL What did you decide to do ,let me know I'm always mad at myself lately I need a swift kick I think, let me know how and what you are doing to make changes because I need help getting motivated .
Hi Gabrielle
Welcome ,I know you have your hands full with an 18 month old .enjoy her for as long as you can ,if you can be home with her be thankful ,the rest will come you are very young, so enjoy your baby and take care of you both for now.
Hi Marti , Mindee , Julie , Kathy, Jen and sorry if I have forgotten anyone
I promise one day I will remember everyone , I hope all you girls are doing well and have so far avoided any of these miserable flu's going around , I hope you all have your flu shots, if not I hope you can, these viruses are getting worse and harder to shake. Jen did you find what was under your porch did it have legs or what,I have a raccoon family under my porch they stick around because I feed a little stray cat so they finish up what he dosen't and If there is no food they sit and look in my front door which is all glass ,its pretty funny to see.There is nothing stupid about these little critters. Are you girls all getting your Christmas shopping done, its hard to believe its here already.Does anyone follow the Peterson trial ,if so are you on pins and needles waiting for the verdict to.
anyway girls have a great night and bundle up its getting a bit chilly out there.*Ellen*
Tea Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 10:19 PM   #9  

Jane- yes my hubby is a marine. He has about a year and a half left with this enlistment. My dd would stay with him and then we would be stationed as close to each other as possible. Once she turns two she can go into daycare so that will help out a bit. I would really only be away from her for bootcamp and whatever schooling that I would need. Other then that we will both be able to see her regularly. We are trying to be able to get as close as an hour away from each others base. Don't know how that will turn out and that may have to wait even longer since we aren't sure if he will be leaving in Dec/Jan yet. Time will tell.

Katy- Jasmine does toddle everywhere she can go. And yes, it is scary to go through a premie birth. We were one of the lucky ones because since she got out of the hospital she hasn't had any problems. We had a friend that had hers just 2 months early and her little one has all sorts of breathing problems so I do consider us very fortunate.
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 10:41 PM   #10  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Wow..I had a productive afternoon. I made DGS his Thomas blanket, pillow and bag. It turned out so cute. He will love it. It is soft and cuddly flannel.
Went out this morning to look at the condo complex and it was beautiful, but way bigger and more expensive than we want. Did stop for lunch, so there was one meal I didn't have to scout for in the almost empty pantry.

Gabrielle- Welcome to you. I hope to get to know you better...even though I am an old grandma here.

Ellen- Thank you and yes, my ears are feeling some better tonight. I am glad you are starting to feel a bit more back to normal. Try to keep warm.

Katy- I hope your changes suit you when you are finished. I have often thought about framing some black and white photos. They always look so neat when I see them in other people's homes. I have one small collage frame of B&W pictures of DGS when he was a baby. It sits on a shelf that I did up in black and white in our Vegas home. I like it.

Angie- I just heard of candling. A girl at my hair salon has a booth where she does that. I didn't even know what it was before and I must admit I am a skeptic. Have you done it?

Jane- Hasn't it been brrrrrr? At least it looks like we will have a warmer week-end. We have pretty much talked ourselves into a condo but these today were not the ones for us. They were even in a section of town that we are not very comfortable with. We will stick to the area we know and hope that works out. If not we will just go back to plans for building a house.

Cristi- My DD and DGS went to see The Grudge today for his 15th birthday. They said it was the scariest movie they had seen. I just heard on t.v. that they have already planned a sequel. I am not a scary movie fan, but just thought I would relay that info.

Marti- Hope you had a good day and are not too tired. Have a nice week-end.

Mindee- Once Brandon gets out of "reverse" and into "drive" you will be in trouble. He will keep you busy!

Is anyone else a fan of the decorator shows on HGTV and TLC? Seems like every time I flip channels I get caught up in someone's re-model or yardwork.

Hello and have a good week-end to all the JL's.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 11:00 PM   #11  
Closed

Hi Sue
My son tried candling once it was a strange thing to watch ,He said his ears felt better but he never did do it again so I'm not so sure he enjoyed the experience. I love decorating shows design rivals is a favorite I really like the new ones that dress a house to sell ,I love them all ,but I miss Martha Stewart. *Ellen*
Old 11-05-2004, 11:12 PM   #12  
Closed

Hi Jane
I just wanted to tell you I just finished two new books,if you haven't read them you might enjoy Mixed Blessings by Danielle Steel and The Perfect Summer by Luanne Rice I also have a new one from Luanne Rice called Silver Bells that I'm waiting to read a little closer to Christmas since thats the theme.The Barbara Taylor Bradford book Unexpected Blessings will be out around mid January its the latest book in the Emma Hart Series, just thought you might like to know.Hope to hear from you * Ellen*
Old 11-06-2004, 01:04 AM   #13  
Closed

Hi Everyone , Anyone !!!!
Yes I'm still up ,can't get to sleep ,cough is keeping me up,I wish there was someone here to talk to, I guess I will go make a cup of tea , maybe read a little and hopefully fall asleep ,talk to you later ladies, good night or goodmorning is it.
Old 11-06-2004, 02:01 AM   #14  
Give me strength

Hello everyone,
Ellen good to see your back! We have no snow here,,,the wind blew it all away. I think the candling is just hard to do,,,if your alone and or just takes the time...ask your son if he would do it again. I had heard that a tree person makes good money.

Sue I had never tried it but I was told by my aunt who like me had cronic ear infec tions to try it. Shes not had an ear infection since. She told me freaked out the Dr. He had checked her ears and said they were very infected,,,gross. Anyways she stopped to pick some juice up at the grocery and someone there she knew told her to try the candling...she went over,,,bought one from the health food store, and went and did it. She went back to the Dr. and he found no infection, and this was without antibotics. I will eventually try it, just clean my ears.

Katy, I am just not sure whats going to happen with my friend from work,,,just horrible that she was denied 14 years and well so were the kids. Life has dealt her a bad hand I would say but she always has a smile on her face and a cheery attitude. Her DH has cancer and its terminal,,,sad. Then with the 3 kids,,,her daughter who is 18-19 is 8 1/2 months pregnant with her second baby, one son is adrug and alcohal...and the other is just alcohal,,,can't spell ...booze.

Went to see the Borne Supremcy,,,enjoyed that, but not as good as the first one. Then we all went to Moxy's for a bellini,,,woweeee love that stuff.

well better get myself off to bed,,,,
night ladies...
Old 11-06-2004, 04:35 AM   #15  

Height: 5'1"

Hello everyone!

So sorry that I didn't post earlier....our computer went Ka-put!!! And that made me not to happy!

Just poppin in to say hello, and to let you know that we're back in business w/the computer and I will post individuals tomorrow when I have time!

G'Night!

BTW....I'm home early, they let me come early to spend time w/Jhanai!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote