South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2004, 06:33 AM   #1  
I vant to draw your blood

Default TGIF Beach Chat

Morning, Chicks,

I'd say good, but I'm not so sure it is. Woke up at 4:00 this morning, for whatever reason and panicked. I can't see. Everything is hazy...like I'm looking through cloudy water. I think I've overdone it..severely. I've had a lot of patients, a lot of paperwork and I've been knitting and spinning like a madwoman trying to get a leg up on Christmas. Guess my eyes have decided enough is enough. I have some Pred Forte eye drops. Used some earlier and put in some artificial tears a little while ago, but I'm in a sad way right now. Good thing I can touch-type fairly well. Looks like this weekend will be spent resting my eyes as much as possible.

On a more cheerful note, I'm down another half pound. Yay!

Ok, off to the shower. Hope you chicks have a great weekend on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 11-05-2004, 06:52 AM   #2  
The cat lady

Good Morning All

Mamacita- Definitely sounds like some time for a rest on the eyes! My goodness. Congrats on the weight loss though!

I am having a tough morning. I want CARBS!! Not good ones either. Guess I'll go back to bed and try to sleep off the craving. I didn't lose anymore weight today, but didn't gain either, so that is okay. I think 4 pounds in four days is okay!

I tried some nonfat plain yogurt with splenda and some cocoa last night. I though it was pretty good. I'm not much for the ricotta cheese thing so thought I'd try the yogurt. Funny I haven't seen a recipe for that.

Anyway, I am going to have a big tuna salad for lunch (mostly salad of course) to get more carbs in. Hopefully that will help my energy level. I have been very tired the past couple of days, and I have a ton of things to do this weekend!

Hopefully I will get the okay from my doc to start exercising soon. She still has me on "bed rest" because of my back. It is doing better today so far though. I am sure my weight loss will be better if I can exercise.

Well, I am off to bed for a couple more hours. Hope you all have a wonderful morning. See you later.
Old 11-05-2004, 06:58 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Geez, Mamacita! That's not good! I hope the fog clears soon and, if not, maybe see a doc?

Shhhhh! Davoswoman is sleeping. Sorry about the carb cravings. Remember to put lots of protein in that salad - maybe a hard boiled egg with the tuna? Maybe some chick peas?

We have cold, gray, rain this morning but the woodstove held for the night and the back room is cozy. Lucy slept down there until 5:30 this morning, had had breakfast, a reluctant potty trip and is now dozing her life away on the couch. It is very tempting to join her!

However....the painters finished yesterday so I have my kitchen to put back in order and need to study lines this morning. This afternoon, I'll brave the rain (maybe snow?) and go to the Falls to bottle wine and visit with the puppies. Two of Lucy's go to their new homes tomorrow - so sad! Hershey's five are starting to eat "real" food and she's losing interest in nursing them so she will be coming home in about another week.

Rehearsal went fine last night although I am still working script in hand. I had Danny do a 1960's hairdo yesterday which worked out fine! I look so "yesterday". I wore my navy shantung funeral dress and pearls to rehearsal last night and got Director approval. It is way too big and feels sloppy so I will do a quick alteration on the bodice before the show. It was nice to put on a slip and dress and not feel stuffed into them! Yes, a slip and pantihose and heels all on the same day! I am reverting to the old me!

Harry is up and about so I'm switching into caregiver mode. I'll catch up later.

Have a coffee by the woodstove and pet Lucy, OK?
Old 11-05-2004, 07:34 AM   #4  
A Lily from my yard!

Well Good Morning all! Oh Mamacita I am so sorry about your eyes. I will pray for you.
Davoswoman... Have a good rest. Congrats on the 4 and more will follow. CARBS...UGH! What were they thinkin'! teehee
Ruth... I am so glad they got your kitchen done already. That seemed to have been a pretty painless project.
Me... Well today is a day of shopping! WooHoo! I have been strict Phase1 all week and have not lost a pound! I just had to step on this morning! But I am not goin to sweat it just yet. Maybe some Metamucil is in order. (YUCK!)
I have ate more veggies this week than I probably ever have in my life!
Well I am off to tidy everything up for my company. It is their first visit to the new house. Have a good day all!
Old 11-05-2004, 07:47 AM   #5  
Trapped Skinny Person

Morning ladies!

Mamacita - sheesh! make sure you take care of those eyes! - good excuse to just sit around and rest though. I think that a day at the spa including a full body massage is what is needed to clear your eyes Sending "clear eyes" vibes your way.

Davoswoman - I don't like ricotta either - I think I will get some plain yogurt this weekend and try your recipe. Although I used to be a salty food junky (chips etc) since starting SBD I actually crave sweet stuff more now - had 3 sf jellos last night Sheesh! I have to find other sf good choices.

Ruth- it sounds like you have a full day planned. I can't wait until I can put on formerly snug clothing and move around in them. Must be a cool feeling.

Me - day 5 here - again so far so good - no major cravings or headaches. I have eated a LOT of veggies this week - I though my grocery bill was high last week because I was stocking up on good veggies etc - but I will have to do it again this week as I have eaten ALL the veggies! 2 heads of cauliflower, bunch of celery, 1.5 containers of mushrooms, 1 zucchini, 2 cups green beans and a bunch of asparagus - and that was all by myself - DS won't touch green food other than lettuce and DH hasn't been home for dinner all week (hunting season). This WOE is going to break the bank.

Still feeling good though - very tired in the evenings so going to bed early, that can either be the diet or just getting into the routine of going back to work - I have been between contracts for awhile.

I did pretty good with planning this week but have to include weekends in next weeks plan as I didn't this week and am almost out of veggies. Might have to make an extra trip to the store.

Hope you all have a nice day and wonderfully relaxing weekend

Kim
Old 11-05-2004, 08:11 AM   #6  
Palm tree/Beach fanatic

Morning all -

Mama - I'm so sorry to hear about the eyes. Try hard to baby them as much as possible so they're as good as new in no time.

Baumie - Have fun shopping! Don't worry about the scale. It will catch up, you just do your part.

Candace - You can fight off the carb cravings. Don't succumb. The others are right, get some good carbs in today. One of my favs is fat free refried beans with p/s mozarella melted on top.

Bups - Good job on sticking to plan and eating all those veggies. I know that grocery bill may seem higher but are you factoring in the stuff you used to buy that know you aren't? Hang in there! You're doing great

Ruth - Please post pictures of you in costume. We would love to see you.

Me - I'm still pretty happy with me on plan. I think I may start Phase 1.5 next Friday as you all like to call it. In the past I don't think I've transitioned well. I think I've eating too many carbs too soon.

Question - The healthy choice fudge bars are 90 cal no sugar. Can they be counted as a milk? I know that its unlikely but I'm trying...

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 11-05-2004, 09:02 AM   #7  

Mamacita--- It is never normal to have cloudy vision. No matter how much work you did yesterday. You need to see a doctor right away. You could have a retinal bleed or even a stroke. I am assuming the cloudiness is not from any drainage in the eye, but if it is still go to Dr and get a Rx. Pred Forte is a steroid, not going to help if there is a more serious problem. Could even be diabetes in which case even the small amoutn of steroid in Pred Forte could make your blood sugar rise even more. Whatever it is, it is not ever normal to have cloudy vision. If it has not resolved please go see a doctor.

Last edited by sandbeachgirl; 11-05-2004 at 09:04 AM.
Old 11-05-2004, 09:32 AM   #8  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning All!

Wow you guys are soooo busy in the mornings now! I feel like I'm getting in here late.

My day yesterday never got any better. I dropped a glass bottle on my toe in the shower , I had a bag of pistachios explode on me (with black pants on of course) , I locked myself out back of the school in pouring rain while trying to carry in boxes of copy paper , slammed my finger in a file cabinet drawer that was packed full and really heavy , argued with the X because he hasn't paid me what he owes me , bit the inside of my cheek (chewing sugarless gum) really bad I had tears in my eyes . The good news is I managed to stay OP! The only thing I can figure is that my planets are not lined up right or TOM must be lurking out there somewhere! So yes chickies you can have a day from h*ll and still stay OP!

Mama - I'm inclined to agree that it may be something more than just stressed eyes. You may want to go in.

Bami - You may want to up the water. Sounds like constip***** to me!

Ruth - Sounds like fun all dressed up "retro" for the play. I barely remember my mom in gloves and pretty dresses, heels to go to church.

Bups - You should start perking up. Yes going back to work and the first couple days of this diet could reduce anyone's system to exhaustion.

Is anyone else jealous of davoswoman? I can't even remember the last time I got to go back to bed??? Can't remember at all!

Under a palm tree - the only thing that I have added since going on 1.5 is a drinkable low carb/low fat yougurt. I use that to break my fast first thing in the am with some vitamins. Then I eat my quiche cups and overnight slaw later for breakfast. I lost 16.5 on my first two weeks and then I pretty much average about 2 a week. The yougurt has not affected the 2 pounds a week so I'm going to add the Chayote Salad (I haven't tried it yet) and see how that does on the weight loss. Good luck.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm totally hooked on the balsamic vinagrette that comes in the SBD book Phase I. If you would have told me 6 months ago that I would be eating salads every day with balsamic vinagrette on them I would have laughed. I was a ranch girl. The other day I ran out and was at work so I ran to the grocery store and bought a bottle - it isn't the same! I threw it out.

Oh well hope everyone has an OP day!
Old 11-05-2004, 09:58 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Geez, Anchor! Watch your language! I get in trouble when I censor posts but yours was over the edge!
Old 11-05-2004, 10:12 AM   #10  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, Mamacita... you look after yourself, sweetie. No job is worth your health. Saying prayers for you...

Candace, congratulations on the four pounds! Take care of that back, girl!

Ruth, if you go out, be careful on the roads! They're slickish. The wind is INCREDIBLE! I love it.

Bamie, don't lose heart... that weight will come off! And good job with the veggies. (I hate 'em. Well, except for potatoes. Deep fried.)

Kim, you're doing great with the vegetables, too! I try to compare the price of them with the bag of chips I would normally be eating. Makes me feel better about spending a bit more.

Under a Palm Tree, Phase 1.5 is a good idea. It's too easy to start packing the carbs back into your diet.

Hi, sandbeachgirl! Good advice.

Amy, you're too funny. What a day... but OP, despite it all! You're a goddess, woman!!

Little Chick, I know you're out there, and we miss you VERY much!

You're not going to believe this, but I just went to the gym for the fourth time this week. Yes, there's definitely something wrong. I'm actually working exercise into my day. I'm not enjoying it, mind you, but I sure feel good for the rest of the day!

Yesterday I thought the power supply on my computer had blown. I was in a TERRIBLE panic, thinking that I might have lost my hard drive, too. I opened it up and vaccumed it before taking it into the shop (embarrassed to let anyone see how dusty it was), and when the guy plugged it in, it worked! It must have been all the dust in there from our renovations. Phew!! I don't know about you girls, but my computer is pretty much my lifeline.

Back later... hope everyone is having a good day...
Old 11-05-2004, 10:24 AM   #11  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Ellis how did you know I was lurking..... A big Hello to all. I miss you chicks alot and I promise to be back soon. I am trying to do some head cleaning and get myself back on track.
Old 11-05-2004, 10:27 AM   #12  
The cat lady

Well I am back up and ready for the day.....I guess. I probably wouldn't feel so much like going back to bed if I didn't toss and turn all night because my back aches!! Shheeeessshhh. I can't even take advil because I am trying to get pregnant and in that 2 week wait to see if I am. Tylenol only and it really doesn't work that well.

Palm tree- Refried beans! I never even thought of that. I love them. Will definitely have some of those.

Kim - Another idea I thought of is mixing yogurt into my jello and then letting it set up. I think I will try that today. Make the jello more creamy. Also I thought maybe some of those DaVinci sf coffee flavors into the yogurt? I have also been drinking some caffiene free diet pepsi. It seems to help with my sugar cravings. I love salty stuff too so I have done the roasted chick peas.

I got the SBD Cookbook at the library yesterday. I am glad I didn't buy it. There really aren't a whole lot of recipes I would use so I am just going to copy the ones that sound good and leave it at that. There are way too many Phase 3 recipes in there. I don't need Phase 3!! Heck by then I won't have any problem coming up with ideas! JMHO

Ellis- Isn't that crazy about exercise? I always feel better afterward. Why then is it so hard to get myself to do it in the first place? I mean, I feel better after sex (can I say that on here? ) and I have no problem getting myself to do that! Go figure!

Ruth - funny, I thought Anchor put all those censors in there herself!
Old 11-05-2004, 11:18 AM   #13  
Almost 20 lbs gone 4ever!

Hi ladies -- back from my verrrry long trip to las Vegas, and I am so glad to be home! Don't have time to catch up yet, but I will be around more now for sure -- woo hoo!

lauren
Old 11-05-2004, 11:30 AM   #14  
RNMOM

Default Hi

A quick hi, 3rd day at work and I'm about beat. Had a horrible trauma yesterday with 5 kids, yuk. Teenagers and cars are NOT a good mix for us lately.

Stuggling with trying to stay eating right. Haven't cheated but am not eating enough veggies. I'm hungry all the time right now. TOM over thank goodness.

Gotta go, love ya all!
Old 11-05-2004, 11:31 AM   #15  
Conquering with SBD

Good morning everyone. Weather here is good - for this time of year. We are still slightly above freezing and the 2' dump of snow that we got a few weeks ago is melting. However, the forecast for the weekend is nasty and more snow. It will definitely be an inside day for me.

Mama - My vote about the eyes is to go see a dr. right away. Don't wait in case this is a serious matter - I always believe that you err on the side of safety, not on the side of risk.

Davos - Try drinking some water. I find that when I go into a craving mode, I am generally dehydrated and need to be drinking more water. I have now adopted a 'policy' to drink a litre of water when I feel a craving. If the craving remains after I have the water, then I will indulge it in some way. I have never had the craving after I drink the water. I read an article one that said the cravings are often a symptom of dehydration and if you don't solve the dehydration with water, you will not resolve the cravings. It works for me most times.

Ruth - You really must send some pics of the play. I think it will be great. Good luck on learning the rest of the lines. Hope you get the kitchen organized. I hated having the cleaning to do when we renovated our kitchen. I guess the worst part was suffering from jet lag at the time - the renovation was forced when we had a water leak while we were away.

Bamiegurl - Have a great time shopping. By the way, I suffered with constipation when I was on Phase 1 (and it affected my weight loss) and am still suffering because the dr. put me on a fairly high dose of iron. I started the Metamucil during Phase one and it really helped. I have been taking it off and on after that but the dr. that I was at this week says that it takes about 3 days to kick in, so to take every day if constipated. As the ladies at work said, I could be full of sh** - you too.

Bups - WOW! You are doing so great with the veggies. Keep up the great work. Hopefully, your budget will settle down and support a completely different WOE. When you think about it - carbs are cheap and they taste good. I can remember when the kids were little, we ate a lot of carbs because they fit into the budget. And when you start to eat WW starches, etc. they are more expensive... Being healthy is not cheap, but you have one shot at it. WTG.

Under a Palm Tree - WTG on the weight loss. I think Phase 1.5 is a good transition into an eating plan for life. I don't think that I have really moved past the 1.5 yet, but I am becoming more bold at including more WW starches and fruits into my diet. I must continue to add now, because I don't want to lose too much more weight. However, my biggest fear is waking up tomorrow with extra pounds added on. Good luck on the transition...it is probably better to begin on the conservative side, then, if you are still losing too much, you can add. If you start too much right away, you may have the feeling that you are depriving yourself if you need to cut back. I guess, for me, the mental game is also part of the WOE. I just don't want to feel like I am depriving myself and so far, I haven't felt that way.

Anchor - I thought bad things only came in threes! How did you get a double dose yesterday? Hope everything goes well today. You have certainly paid your dues. Take care.

Ellis - I bet you clean the house before the cleaning lady comes, too. I laughed when I read that because my kids tease me about doing the same kinds of things. WTG on getting to the gym. It's really funny because I have always said that I hate to exercise, but I have committed to doing a cardio workout every lunch break. We have an indoor track where I work, so I can pop up to the track during my lunch (boss also turns the other way when I sneak a few extra minutes, but he always gets them back tenfold). Now I am at the point that I can hardly wait until it is time to go. I have also started a strength/flexibility program with a fitness trainer. She has designed a program that I can do at my own convenience at home, so that is much better than coming to the fitness centre here at work - it is usually full except at 6:00 am and I know I can't sustain coming at that time to workout. The hating exercise kicks in there. Keep up the exercise, it will really help.

LC - Good to hear from you. Take care of yourself.
Closed Thread