Old 10-31-2004, 01:52 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #88

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

THIRD QUARTER CHALLENGE SEPT 1-JAN 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO ARE MEMBERS AS OF THE START OF THE QUARTER ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PRIZE, NEWBIES, ARE ELIGIBLE THE NEXT QUARTER THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE!
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 01:59 AM   #2  

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and in honor of Halloween, since you were a child, what has been your favorite costume of all time?

Another sleepness night! I slept for about an hour and can't get back to sleep so decided to set up the next thread and post.

As for the poll, one year my mom dressed my sister and I as Mr and Mrs Santa Claus, which caused a great response. She dyed old longjohns red and glued cotton as trim. I guess we must have been about 7 and 9.

Have a good day ladies and not too much candy!

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 10-31-2004 at 01:03 AM.
Old 10-31-2004, 10:51 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Morning.

Faye sorry to hear bout another sleepless night. Wish that I had a mircale cure but I don't. You could always get drunk and pass out. LOL!

Poll, went one year as litte bo peep. Heavy costume but won lots of money. No trick o treat here tonight. Ours was Friday nite. Getting ready to go to work ready to start anew tomorrow. Take care everyone.

sandy
gigglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 01:32 PM   #4  

SandyG: Thanks for the suggest but I rarely drink and get a headache after one anyway! I may take some meds to knock me out tonight though! I have to drive to Nashville on Thurs with dd and dgs.

I know you NEVER get tired of seeing pics of Thomas so here is one from the Amusment park yesterday. This is the infamous ride where I almost did my hubby in. We were sitting in the one in front of them.

Well, I need to get corn on cob ready and baked beans for tonight. We are cooking out at dd's and giving out candy while they trick or treat.

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 10-31-2004 at 01:40 PM.
Old 10-31-2004, 09:21 PM   #5  

Where is everyone at today. I guess that the lil gobblins have taken everyone away.LOL. Faye, hope that you get sleep. I know that I am going ot die when I finally go to bed. I hope that everyone is ready for the start of wonderful losses tomorrow.

sandy
Old 11-01-2004, 05:37 AM   #6  

MONDAY: Today is Missin Monday and our mission this week is to scrutinize, re-evaluate and decide what it is we truly want from our total weight loss program. We must commit ourselves and stick with it. We mustn't waiver in our strength. Let's go forward, starting this week with renewed vigor in accomplishing our goals!

later ladies

Faye
Old 11-01-2004, 07:33 AM   #7  

Morning Ladies,
Dismal dismal weekend. Time to start anew! I'm clean so far, have dance tonight...but I want to get a walk in as well, or at least some stretching. It's gonna take a while to detox from all the sugar and white carbs I've been eating. I'm up to 209 Really not happy about that. Low calorie, high exercise. I want to be in the 190's by the end of the year! I will be in the 190's by the end of the year

I've been doing so well with meeting my writing goals....I know I can do the same with the weightloss goals.

Faye, that pic of Thomas is so cute. Here's some of my little goblins. Catey (the oldest) was Arwyn from Lord of the Rings. Sarah was a "hippie freak" (her words not mine) and Ben was a disco mummy (don't ask!)

Well, I don't think I'm getting the attachments attached...maybe I'll try later.

Today is a new day....Tabula Raza! Clean slate! Let's all help each other get where we're going.
TTFN,
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 10:22 AM   #8  
It is what it is...

Hi All, hope you all had a great Halloween weekend...I am with Julie, I truly need to detox from all of the sugar that I had this weekend, so much candy!!
I was really bad...BUT I am with Faye and ready to renew my committment to getting back on and staying OP!! I am over TOM and ready to go...I know this week is going to be really hard though so I will need some encouragement when the fat is calling ...

Have to get back to work, have a great OP day ladies, and wish me the same
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 03:19 PM   #9  

Afternoon ladies!

Julie: Hope you can get the attachments on. I would love to see the kids. We took a pic of Thomas (he was a VAMMMMMPIRE...) but I guess Jack hasn't downloaded it yet.

It is raining here though I was lucky and got my upstairs cleaned and a nice 2 mile walk in before it started. I am not thoroughly sick of rain and need to get my leaves cleaned up and my patio furniture and grill stored for the winter, but everything has to dry out.

We are leaving for Nashville at 6 am on Thursday and boy do I hope I can get a good night's sleep before then. I have a sneaking suspicion T is gong to want to sleep with me and he is an octopus I guess and it is double beds, which I hate! We will be shopping all day Thur so should get a lot of walking in and Frid morning I think I will use the hotel treadmill before everyone gets up. They also have a pool though the hotel pools are weiny anymore and most don't go above 5 ft deep so it is tough to do some stuff in like laps. T loves to play motorboat though, so that will give my legs a good workout!

I don't think I told you that I think we got a bad tank of gas in the car. It is running really rough and our check engine light came on around the same time the car started acting up out of the blue. Jack had filled the tank up Friday morning and put about 30 miles on it when it started bucking and running rough and about 5 miles later the check engine light came on. SOOOOO, now we are trying to run the gas out so we can put more in. Our manual said we need to run three tanks through before having it checked out for something else! It is always something with us!

Everyone have a good afternoon and stay dry and warm if it is wet and or cold where you are!

Faye
Old 11-01-2004, 04:14 PM   #10  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi Ladies,

Well as promised, I am back on track with renewed vigour and determination!

Last night, i prayerfully decided what i would eat today , and i wrote out my daily menu and kept it in the kitchen. It has really helped me to know EXACTLY what I am having. I am going to do this each evening, so it can take into account 'what I fancy' and what food I've got in. I really am taking it one day at a time - and I am thankful that today has been a good day!

AND (drumroll please....) - I went swimming! Yay me! I remembered my promise to you ladies and i got up early and went. It was REALLY busy for some reason, but I managed to have a good half hour swim.

JULIE - You CAN be 199 by Christmas - I know you can do it! I think you need to give everything a shake up to boost your metabolism and to get yourself out of this plateau. Hope you can post those pics of your kids - I'd love to see them!

CARRI - Step away from the fat! I hope your detox isn't too bad. I did the same last week and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I think the key is to try to get some exercise in as it will increase your energy levels and general feeling of wellbeing - then you don't notice as much what you are missing out on!

FAYE - Well done on getting your exercise in today and not letting the rain stop you. I got your questionairre, and will fill it in shortly.

SANDY G - Well done on the 3lb loss by the way - you are doing really well at the moment!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 07:40 PM   #11  

Evening everyone.

Faye, rubbing alcohol will take any water that might have been in the gas that you got. I had a problem with that for the longest time but finally got it all out. Started using super only and then no problem.

Amanda, wish that I could plan out my daily menu but it is hard to do so when you are not even sure when you are going to get a lunch break let alone knowing if you have time to eat then. It does work for me when I am not working.

Carri, if you find a good way to get rid of the sugar let me know. One too many little tootsie rolls here.

Julie, keep it up you will get there before you know it.

Today was going so well until I didn't get time to eat lunch at work. Was so busy today and when I got ready to take a lunch wasn't able to. Then I went to my mother's house to pick up Corey and all she had that was quick to eat was a biscuit. There wasn't time to fix anything. SO unfortantly I had the biscuit and it has went down hill from there. My plan is to get back tomorrow with a vengence.
Hope that everyone has had a great day. Later chickies

sandy
Old 11-02-2004, 06:00 AM   #12  

TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our Target this week is our individual weaknesses. Are you slack on the water, pump it up? Do you slip on your eating, commit to staying the path. Is exercise your weak point, make a plan to follow.

Amanda: Good for you sweety! We all need to get back to where we once were. Seems like we have all gotten really really sloppy.

SandyG: Thanks for the info on the gas problem.

I will check in with all later. It is raining today so I may not be able to get out. May have to settle for weights today and housecleaning.

Faye
Old 11-02-2004, 08:38 AM   #13  

Good Morning ladies,

4 points yesterday! Wooo hoooo.......... staying on track. Gonna do some pilates this morning.

Amanda--I'm so proud of you for planning and swimming! Keep it up just for today, okay? We'll worry about tomorrow when it happens.

Faye--bummer about the bad gas. It's amazing how such a tiny thing can make a car act like it's dying. HOpe you get it sorted out.

Sandy, can you stash some healthy, filling food in your car for times like yesterday when there's no time for food? I always carry a bottle of dry roasted peanuts because when I get really hungry, I start to shake and feel awful. A little protein boost can keep me stable. I know they have alot of fat, but at least it's healthy fat.

Carrie, just keep away from the junk for a few days and you know the cravings will disappear. Stay strong and keep healthy snacks nearby for when you just gotta eat something.

Everyone have a great day and REMEMBER TO VOTE!!! Even if you hate every one of the candidates, we are lucky to have the privilege to choose our leaders. Remember, people died to give us the rights we have. So don't dishonor them....go vote!

TTFN.
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 09:18 AM   #14  

Good morning.

Julie, I haven't thought about peanuts. Somehow I think that if I did carry some of them with me it would be dangerous. That is one thing that I eat even if I am not hungry. I would love to have a really good cooler so that I could keep veggies that I like to munch on.

Yesterday wasn't good at all. Today has started out much better. Already have gotten in exercise. Now to make it with the water and staying OP. Gotta run catch eveyrone later.

sandy
Old 11-02-2004, 09:46 AM   #15  
I Can and I Will

Hello Beautifuls... i have been mia for a few days here... hubby left this morning at 5 am for kentucky... the kids are taking it hard... andit was really hard to say goodbye... even if it is only til thanksgiving... but we got him all packed up last night.. sent some food for the cupboards and freezer. so hopefully all will go well and he will have a safe trip and get in town not too late. Hey Sandy ... maybe we could arrange to meet and have lunch or something around the thanksgiving holiday... the kids and i willbe driving to cincinnati and rick wants to take me to jackson... would be nice if we can arrange something. i havent been doing well with eating for the last 5 days or so... but i will get right back into it. as i sit and type i am drinking my decafe chia tea... lol just have to plan the menu for whats left of the week.
and get my arse in gear witht he exercising... why oh why cant i stay motivated on the exercise thing... that is my weakness... well i hope al lu ladies have a fantabulous day... remember to vote!! my love to u all
Sandy
Sandybrat is offline   Reply With Quote